Discussion the dumbest MC moves

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Nistel, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see a collective thread for our dear oh-so-smart MC's walking into obvious traps. So let's share our pain and disappointment for those MC's that suddenly act like a naive children?
    Please don't spoiler too much so that others can still enjoy reading the novel as well. TY.
    (You are allowed/desired to be specific about the situation though.)

So here's the first:
    Return of the legendary hunter
    MC vs Loki. Loki loses his left arm. Someone else chases down Loki but returns without his left arm claiming he traded it for Loki's life and that the loot was taken by the enemy. "You did great. That's not suspicious at all. Come let's make new secret plans and move on."

... I honestly didn't read on yet and can only pray that the MC tries to outsmart Loki here. Else he really is too dumb.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Asuralevel and Lorcilblue like this.
  2. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    almost every fantasy or xian'xia novel where protagonist shouts the name of the skill, he is about to use including my own shitty novel. Man my novel is shit.

3. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well just in some novel I read .
    Ml (some famous film emperor) and Mc having a relationship, some extra guy threatens mc to sleep with him otherwise he will expose mc and ml relationship to media so ml career gets destroy and mc agrees . I didn't read further.

Nistel likes this.
  4. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC falling for an obvious honey trap :facepalm:

5. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc grinning like an as*hole with a face that says "you walked right into my trap" before he do some secret move only for the enemy to get scared by his smile and Dodge.... I mean wtf!!!!!! Why smile like that? You are literally announcing that you are about to do something (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Yes that:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    It's especially annoying when the one that laid out the honey trap becomes some damsel in distress later on by saying "I was forced to do this"

Foxy-nalune likes this.
  6. Kim17

Kim17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dumbest mc's move that I've ever read was saving a useless beautiful girl just popping out of nowhere. Then that useless girl became enchanted to the MC and decided to seduce the MC blah blah and blah.

7. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..how exactly is that a dumb MC move then? from your description all i see the MC doing was saving a girl. Please all MC's out there dont save girls cuz they might start liking you or think of plotting against you afterwards..You can always run into a nutjob, you know?

8. Kim17

Kim17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly what I meant, man. Saving a useless beautiful girl but is actually an assassin trying to kill the MC. I see that you have yet to read the essence of what I've written. It's a usual tropes that MC saving a seems to be a damsel in distress girl but has actually ill intentions. And the girl end up admiring the mc blah blah forgetting her actual goal. That's why i called it dumb move, or more like a dumb move coming from the Author.

9. krispykakes44

krispykakes44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc thinking for other people and making a dumb choice because they think that’s for the best of everyone. I mean at least consult the relevant people first.

Karionte likes this.
  10. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Consult the relevant people first" only gave morality to the action, not necessarily making the action wise (especially when the relevant people are dumb).
    For example, MC gave free money to all poor people and they stopped working (From An adventure of an undead who became paladin).

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Nistel likes this.
  11. Filli

Filli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being bewitched by any charismatic characters (anything that makes their hormones go wild) in the novel and gladly stopping and pushing away any motivations or goals they previously had (if there is any) in favor of the said charismatic character's ideas and plans.
    Can't remember but there's this KR novel where the MC is an actual strategist until he met this princess or whatever and from that point on, the novel is just a disappointment simulator considering his brains went into his... D.

12. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Dense MCs when ML is being too obvious that even a blind man can tell lol

13. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dumbest move an MC could make is saving a damsel in distress.

14. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    i second this. Like dude you are living in a very dangerous world and even a bunny can be a threat to your live but you are still insist on saving a stranger just because she has big boobs and her skin is like jade. BS.

moral of the story: dont think with your d*ck

ExiledMage likes this.
  15. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not the topic but if you save no damsel in distress and dont think with your D, your D wont see any action though and MC dies a virgin. If you cant even enjoy yourself what good is life?.. and how come half of the comments are "dont save a damsel"/"dont get seduced" lol

16. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    because we are bored of seeing this. And literaly every single damsel in distress is annoying af. dudes can fck other girls. every wuxia novel has beautiful big sisters you know? give them a chance. #teammilf

Nistel likes this.
  17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when an MC relies too much on plot armor. And just do reckless stuff despite the danger without a failsafe and any planing at all..

Neph90 likes this.
  18. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *eats a beast core* "No, dont eat it! Spit it out! you'll explode!" *swallowed it* "Eh? I survived though? I guess i'm immune to it, lets always eat them from now on."
    "You want to eat the demon core?! Even if i know you can eat monster cores, this ones a whole other story! *hears plenty of good reason to not eat it, looks at the demon core, sees an insane amount of dark Qi within unlike anything he knows* "Yea, i feel like eating it though" ...
    (cultivation online - chapter 1? and chapter ~380? or smth)

Asf likes this.
  19. Accismus

Accismus Icarus

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a book here but on other app. And not exactly an Mc dumb move. It's mcs mother. So they went homeless adn the mother refused to let mc work part time because he's in school and should only study. Stayed in house of his sister who demanded unreasonable amount of money instead of looking for decent house. Refused to go to shelter because they would separate Mc and her ( plus the sister of Mc who stays with mother) because different genders. Would rather stay in unsafe car than in shelter. Left Mc alone and went to stay with a friend. Mc had to sleep in park.
    The sheer amount of stupidity in the book had me going so crazy I ended up ranting about it.
    Other than that

"Oh my partner/ lover is super strong like strongest person in world and has strong force behind him and can totally take care of villain but I will still go to villain trap just because he threatened me with my lovers life. Completely knowing the villain got nothing on my partner. "

Nistel likes this.