Discussion The Empyrean Overlord Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Parth37955, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoshMafia

PoshMafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

????

okay first the implied consent would have not covered funds for the chapters, and that is where he would be charged to start with. as for the rest of that rant.... wtf? lol. get a speeding ticket you don't want to pay? super salty brah

2. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i would love to see someone try to use "implied consent" as a legal defence in a copyright lawsuit.

PoshMafia likes this.
  3. Daman

Daman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi SecondRate, I think you have me confused with Wiz, as I never made a comment on this issue. I'm just chilling here with my yoghurt ^^

Jaded, Evil1220, Arcturus and 2 others like this.
  4. SecondRate

SecondRate Editor of The Magus Era

Reading List:
    Link
    O sorry, indeed. My bad....i guess i was too distracted by my strawberry flavored yoghurt to notice the name correctly :oops:

5. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn ...the casualties have spread to innocent bystanders.

6. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hate hypocrites who preach about the illegality of something whilst being a part of a community that is basically built upon it. Besides, I was never talking about the legality of it to start with. Someone wonder if IETs works had permission I said what I remembered, and someone decided that it was necessary to point out the legalities of it. Because ... why? Done with you too.

7. AnAnimal

AnAnimal Idk mane

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I keep seeing in this thread is that its fraud, and that he is not providing what people are paying for. First thing I'm going to say is stfu. You are not paying for a service, you are donating. The difference is that he does not actually owe you shit if you donate to him. Because you are not purchasing something under the conditions that he will owe you a product or service, he doesn't owe you shit. To those of you who are super pissed off that you were lied to, THIS IS THE INTERNET. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT. With the way that EN novels are looked down on, no wonder someone would want to lie (even though he might not have). Calm down your raging autism for a few seconds and relax. Finding quality novels is hard enough, especially without some retards freaking the fuck out over something they don't even know is true or not. I'm sure you'll be real proud of yourself when another person quits the community because some raging retard kept harassing him/her.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Evil1220, DarkArts, PoshMafia and 2 others like this.
  8. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad i wasn't really trying to jump into your argument i just have a habit of wanting to comment on things i notice that i think are goofy, wasnt trying to piss you off sorry.

9. AnAnimal

AnAnimal Idk mane

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I probably couldn't enjoy the novel of someone from Bodega...

Leachinator likes this.
  10. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    no it is not :/. That is like saying I defend child labour, cause I wear nikes. Or like saying I defend theft, cause I torrent. I would be a fool to not take advantage of reading what I enjoy.

11. PoshMafia

Reading List:
    Link
    don't support it. you just commit it <3 superior logic .

12. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    So wait if someone knowingly does business with child slavers for the products of those slaves you think they have no responsibility for perpetuating that system? ...seriously??? Thats pretty f**ked up man.

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the heck are you guys talking about???

14. PoshMafia

Reading List:
    Link
    my post was theft, he doesn't support it but he has no problem torrenting. so he doesn't support it but he commits it.

15. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    We've gone somewhat far afield i admit.

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, well humans condone a lot of stuff even if they don't like it, cause it's convenient.

17. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets see ... someone said something about the morality of pretending to ba a CN translator then there was a response about how most translators receive payment for a property that they have no permission to trans anyway so the moral high ground argument is dumb then somthing about "i never said that translating without permission was okay" which is where i said "if you read it you condone it" wich leads to here.

18. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't commit anything, I am not the one translating the novels.
    and no I have only ever torrented two things in my life. I was just making an example, cause i know a lot of people torrent.
    the fuck are you even talking about, I feel like you have completely twisted everything I have said. I never said that I condemn child labour, where did you even get that from.

19. PoshMafia

Reading List:
    Link
    you just admitted to committing theft twice..... If you ever go to court, don't defend yourself, you'll get yourself committed for attempted murder when you were being charged with aggravated assault.

20. Conspiracy

Conspiracy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the record, I have no interest in the ethics debate.
    I'm only concerned about The Empyrean Overlord's status here on Novelupdates.

For better or worse, NU does not currently allow EN novels (original works).

And at the moment, there is not a shred of evidence that TEO is a Chinese novel as the "translator" claims. On the other hand, there's a fair bit of circumstantial evidence which points to it being an original work. With this being the case, I think it's unfair for TEO to continue to be listed here (and fraudulently benefit from NU's platform/exposure) while other EN novels are left out in the cold.

@Parth37955 @remy911

If the "translator" responds to the allegation with a typical denial (while also not providing any proof of their claims), what's the next step?

Shio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.