News The Empyrean Overlord Removed from NU

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tony, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    NOPE.... If almost all population is located West from Urals....

2. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The location of the population is irrelevant to the size or location of the landmass within a nation's borders. Russia is the largest country on Earth. I'm not sure of their exact sizes, but Russia is nearing 2x the size of China. Far less than half of Russia is in Europe.

3. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    It is relevant... Due to the population distribution, Russia is more related to European sphere of culture (Slavs) rather than Asian (Central Asia Turkic, Mongols, and other Altaic and Paleosiberian culture).
    Their economy is also tend to be tied tightly with European sphere of economy.
    You can also ask, why Caucasus Nations (Georgia and Armenia) considered as European while Azerbaijan considered as Asia. Food for thought eh?

4. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what yukkuri said and...not all of russia is populated. much of the northwest is a wasteland. More russians live on the east side then the west.

5. The Great Me

Reading List:
    Link
    And exactly how does this change the currently recognized geographical boundaries or Russia, Europe, or Asia?

6. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to Google it:
    It is not a separate country, but rather called European Russia because of its political and cultural blending with European countries and peoples. St. Petersburg and Moscow (the capital) are located in European Russia. Regardless, the entire country is (geographically) still considered a part of Asia.
    Geographically Asian, but culturally European and as far as NU is concerned, it is not asian.

7. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we get clarification on what is exactly Asian then? I think the best clarification would be to simply say only East Asian Novels, since that seems to be the target as opposed to simply Asian novels.

8. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the reason Russia was brought up in the first place. As it was the best example I could think of a I guess "Nonstereotypical Asian Country"

9. The Great Me

Reading List:
    Link
    About half of the Middle East and the associated former Soviet Bloc, Islamic culture countries are Asian as well, but due to Islam, their cultures are not even remotely what would be considered Asian nor are they European. Of course, I don't think much in the way of interesting novels will ever come out of that area since traditional Muslims would deem writing them grounds for the torture or execution of the authors.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: so it's still going on huh, from mere news to reaction about it then drift toward who know where it end:coffee:

11. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Parth I think you switched east with west... right side of the map is east, left side is west... It's okay... I also often make the same mistake...

12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh....yeah....I meant most live in the West...

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_geoscheme

This is the most precise and widely recognized definition of geoscheme. Basically, according to the UN, Russia is not part of Asia, although it does have Asians and the lands bordering Asia practice nomadic Asian cultures, the nation itself is East European.

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I still think it should be clarified that this website is for East/Southeast Asian novels though since those are the obvious targeted region

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, though I'd like Southeast Asia to be included in the mix since we have similar cultures and many of us are basically from the same ethnicity.

EDIT: Ignore the above. I didn't realize you also include SEA. I need some sleep.

16. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    People love debating.

Maybe time to put a geographical definition for this... Only novel produced east of 73°E and west of 165°E, south of 60°N and north of 15°S, in Language other than English or other Western Branch of Indo-European language so there goes Aussie....
    The Language must be belonged to Japonic, Korean (isolate) and other Altaic languages, Sino-Tibetan, Tai-Kadai, and Austronesian, or other language native in that region (preferably if t written in official form of language belonged to the nations in the region, since it very hard translating Kansai ben when all Japanese I learning is Standasrd... enough ranting :p)
    So this means no English novel by Singapore and Hongkong writer... (then what about dual language novel?)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  17. Evil1220

Evil1220 Lazarus

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp i think its prob time to lock the thread caz now its just ramblings and not about the actual content in the post.

18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.