Spoiler The Evil Lady's Hero

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Jan 3, 2020.

1. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my understanding, Ishid had a trouble with controlling his powers? Like having too much magic causes heart burn or freezes the heart. His trauma from childhood (incident with burning his mom) not only causes nightmares but also gave him negative rumors at school so people were quite scared (?) of him. It seems only the crown prince hang out with him. Then one day, when he was sitting under the tree, he saw a girl run there and suffering from mana overload (water magic causes the heart to freeze over). Ishid had grown indifferent to his surroundings so he planned to ignore her first. . . But she grabbed his hand asking for help. Her touch caused some of her mana to transfer over, creating a new and strange sensation in him, as if immediately soothing the burning and excessive heat he had due to his fire magic.
    Her body is at her limit though, so she fainted from the pain. He caught her before she could fall, dropping his book as he held her. He saw there were tears in her eyes so he tried to soothe her with his fire magic. It alleviated her pain and she smiled from relief. I am guessing that this is the first time he saw someone felt so relieved and happy with his magic. He paused at the sight, but then her servants came and he handed her over to them.
    He was curious about her cooling effect though. So later, he met up with a water knight/student and asked him to hold his hand much to the shock of the student. He wanted to see if all water mages causes the same sensation. It turns out different. They don't have the same effect. He smiled at this.

DISCLAIMER: This is just my interpretation since I can't read Korean.

Funny thing, remember the beginning chapters? He said that she was the first water mage he held hands with, then she offered to introduce him to an even better mage but he looked offended and said there are also water mages in the knights. I like how he was actually referring to this and not that time they slept together. And he had the nerve to ask her if all water mages are like her when he knew the answer:blobjoy:

Mi shiru, RakaSarkar, Xienne and 32 others like this.
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    OH NO. That means if the ML gives OG Heroine-chan a chance then... He feels like he could use her mana too?! NOOO... My lovable Ishid could become a cheater!!!

quarantine is good likes this.
  3. ScarletSkies

ScarletSkies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think no? Since ishid thinks and has probably tested that only MC can do that to him from what I understand so that's why he doesn't want to be introduced to a "better mage"

QueenSara, Bella94, Haziel21 and 5 others like this.
  4. ScarletSkies

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks
    I cant understand korean so im just trying to figure out whats happening based on the drawings. Idk any image translator to use for this kind of thing

5. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome.

Plus I think he's more satisfied that she's a special one than have others who could have the same effect considering his smile at the end after testing it out with others. Can't read the texts so I'm not sure though.

Rather than "I like you cause you cool me down", it's more like "I'm glad you're the one who can cool me down". It fits why he shot down MC's offer, stating he doesn't care about others but her.
    Also, it seems he didn't fall for her because of the touch effect because his first reaction when she did that was "!!?" bewildered sort, not wow-you're-special kind. It's when she smiled after he warmed her up that he made an expression of being captivated by her. So I guess what touched him was that it's his first to have his magic welcomed and wanted. :hmm:
    He's been shunned or feared for it his whole life and he probably hates it himself too. Those who are interested in him are probably only after his power and abilities. So having his powers received in such a manner, not because it's strong or great but simply because it comforts them was new to him. :hmm:

Plus, she's pretty :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    you mean she kinda looks like his mom. I was re-reading it and I can't help but think she (MC) looks a lot like his mother.

7. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yah, there's that too

Mitsuki000 and Avery Very like this.
  8. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, it's probably partially the art style, but Yunnifer is basically a carbon copy of his mommy, just with longer hair.... It's sweet, but also kinda creepy tbh.

As far as I understood the raws, it's not that Yunnifer is the only one compatible with him, there should be more, it just takes a special kind of mana vibe. He could probably get the same cool-down effect with whats-her-face and many others, but I highly doubt he'd be into that because since that incident at school, it looked like in the flashbacks, he's been pretty into her for a long time. Someone even spoiled before that the only reason why he insisted on not being into one-night-stands is because he was in love with her at that time already and figured this was his only shot. So unless something massively screws with his head, like memory loss or some potion or drugs or whatever trope, he'd probably never move on from Yunnifer or get with anyone else even if she dies.

9. ScarletSkies

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch30 still a flashback on ishid's time on school.
    Ishid has always been interested on yunifer since school days, that much can be seen on the raws. But he also noticed Rael as the woman who was always with Yunifer. Prince has also liked Rael since school. And in Ishid's nightmare (still in flashback during school) it was shown that theres Yunifer saying i wish i never met you to ishid which got him pretty shock.

On the flashbacks the Prince seems pretty nice to me. I wonder what happened that made him the way he is on the present.
    I like this flashbacks thing the author is doing. We could see how Ishid slowly got into Yunifer. Kind of like a slowburn romance just that the slowburn happens in the flashbacks not in the present story.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought chapter 17 was because he was horny?! I thought he was embarrassed on how horny he could get and wanted to hide that from her?

Xienne, kimberlyt and Mitsuki000 like this.
  11. Shoshorang

Shoshorang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, maybe that too? I'm paraphrasing from bahasa language, there might be change of meanings. But on this language, it's just him not wanting Junifer to see he locked the door when it's just them both inside while she's sleeping and thinks he's a creep.

He was just thinking that he doesn't want people to disturb her nap

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Xienne, Danigurl, Yuraine and 6 others like this.
  12. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only stating that he was horny because I think they tried to get a quickie in his office?

Mitsuki000 and MiserableSOUL like this.
  13. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL yeah it was probably going that way, but they kept being cock-blocked. But no, on that point he's no longer shown to be horny.

14. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I went there for the horny parts, since it'd probably get censored on my country's kakao LOL. It's just too bad I can't understand them.

I find it quite interesting when I found out Junifer's not aware that there might be more reason to Cassian's string of cheatings, even though it still can't be excused as he could still talk about it with Rael. She just keeps cussing out Cassian, thinking that a cheating man would never change

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  16. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    you know after re-reading chapter 5-6. i'm floored at how blase they treat yunnifer. she's putting her life on the line taking care of the dam and they push her away and were all "you can put all that tons of water of there." (FYI even only Darth Vader could force push that much water) rael comes waaaaaaaaaaaaay late and only apologizes. automatically, people give into her right away. is this the heroine halo? our MC was trolled constantly and rael gets to coast?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020