Novel The Familiar of Fate: Prologue - Chapter 28✩

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by jokerybokery595, Sep 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Think I should post it as a full story? I have 10 chapters ready

1. Sure? I Don't Really Care

80.0%
  2. Nah...

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to be more active on the forums and add the novel to your signature
    Should help alot :hmm:

2. jokerybokery595

jokerybokery595 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 18 - Guess I Should Be Grateful
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Shouting*

-Uhhhh...what the hell is this?

It had been seven months since Fate had been moved to the back, east-wing of the manor. The one who had brought him food all this time was a young maid with dark-brown hair and glasses. His meals were still the same, flavorless nutrient jel and he was given three of these a day.

-The food’s usually here before I even open my eyes or when I turn around so what’s with all the noise outside? It can’t just be that woman out there, but I’ve never met anyone else in this wing…

Fate got up from his small bed on the floor, which was made up of several blankets and some wooden pallets. When he had gotten to this room, his bed had just been a couple of blankets laid out on the floor, making this room look like a prison-cell. His room only had a few other effects which were a pile of empty nutrient-jel jars which the servants never came back for, the remains of some old wooden crates and planks, and ropes that were strung around what appeared to be a pulley which was connected to large curtains. It was likely that there was a window, but the ropes kept Fate from being able to open the curtains given his current height.

Fate: *Yawn*

-I can think of a few reasons for this kind of commotion to happen in a remote section like this, but the most likely one should be happening one or two months later...Could Mother’s new baby...my new sibling, be earlier than expected?

He had been moved a few days after his mother’s pregnancy had been announced and it had only been seven months since then. A healthy baby, if born on time, should be born within nine months unless something went wrong.

-Then again, I can’t apply the common medical knowledge of a homeschool slacker, who wasn’t interested in anything but novels, to this situation. I’m in a world of magic and fantasy, so something like an early birth shouldn’t be that unexpected I guess…

Fate walked to the door, shivering slightly with every step.

-I really wish that I could somehow heat this floor…

The room was surprisingly cold, compared to the rest of the mansion at least. Fate pressed his ear to the door, carefully listening for anything that could fill in his gap in knowledge.

???: “I heard…*mutter*...it’s early!”

-I didn’t rule out the possibility that it was.

???: “To think that she had two children…*mutter*...the Goddess smiles upon her indeed!”

???: “Ignorant cow, the lady said that it is never to be referred to as her…*whisper*child*whisper*!”

-So she’s disavowed me already? I suppose given that she had another child...Father must not have been caring with his...illicit actions...I got shoved to the wind because Mother is a human rabbit, hooray…”

???: “Quickly, put the food in its room before it wakes up! We need to get to the…*mutter* to catch a glimpse of our future…*mutter*!”

-Oh crap!

Fate quickly took his ear away from the door and made a mad dash towards his bed. Barely having enough time to get back under the first blanket and get in place before the brown-haired woman entered the room.

???: “...I could’ve sworn that I heard...Oh well, I’ll just leave this here for when...it wakes up…!”

???: “Hurry!!!”

???: “Shhhh!”

Fate peeked an eye out from under the covers and saw the brown-haired woman in front of his bed with the jel and a plump, older woman next to the doorway.

???: “It’s awake!”

???: “Quick, run! Whatever disease it has, the lady said it’s deadly and that we’re not to go near it at all costs!!!”

The younger woman quickly darted out of the room, bumping into the older one, before the older woman retreated from the doorway and slammed the door shut.

-So she told all the servants that I harbor a disease? The way they were talking, made this ‘disease’ sound like ‘Black Death,’ just how much hyperbole did Mother use when describing this ‘disease’ I’m supposed to have contracted? I’ve been here for quite a while and have seen very few people, but I thought she just told them not to be near me, not that I had a dangerous disease…

Fate: *Sigh* “Guess I know now…”

Fate’s speech, though articulated, was still childish sounding in pitch. Regardless, it now seemed apparent that Agatha would do whatever it took to keep Fate out of her life.

Fate: “Journal, Status Page.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Name: Fate

• HP: 54.52/54.52

• MP: 7.55/7.55

• Level: 0

• Race: Human

• Job: None

• Previous Jobs: None

• Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】
    --------------------------------

• Stats:

• Strength: 6.79

• Endurance: 12.0

• Wisdom: 4.5

• Intelligence: 5.01

• Stamina: 8.997

• Agility: 7.83

• Fortune: 1.0

• Magic: 3.273
    ---------------------------------

• Passive Skills:『Balance (Lv.2)』

• Active Skills: None

• Unique Skills: None

• Equipment: Fate’s Journal(Soul-bound)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Damn, my 【Endurance】has stagnated these last few months. There’s nothing to lift here and I can’t get the servants to bring in anything, not only because it would look weird, but also because they think I’m some sort of human personification of disease!

In the last three months, barely any progress had been made, as Fate had none of the ‘resources’ he would require were within his grasp.

-I just need to make something heavy!

…….

Issac: “Come on, my love! Breathe!!!”

Agatha: *Grunts* “AGGHHhHH!!!”

Issac: “Priest, is my beloved going to be alright?! Answer me now!!!”

The priest, who had visited Fate last year, was constantly emitting a soothing glow. However, they looked extremely tired and distressed.

Priest: “My lord, rest…*grunts*...assured! I will make sure...she is...safe and that *grunts*...her child is born without...worry!!!”

Jacob: “My lord, please leave the room!”

Issac: “I am your lord, how dare you speak back to me…!”

Jacob hurriedly shoved his lordship out of the small room and blocked the door.

Agatha: “AGGGHHHhhGHH!!! M-My...y child shall be...BOrN...blessed by the...AGHHHH...Goddess herself!!! HA HA HA HA AHA HA HA HA HAAAA HAAA!!!!!!”

Agatha cackled madly, but it was masked by the door, making it sound from the other side as if she was still just screaming. This was why Jacob had forced Issac out of the room, for fear that he would simply treat her as if she were going insane.

Jacob: “My lady, push!!!”

Agatha: “AGGHHHHGHHHH!!!”

Agatha had stopped writhing in agony and a new sound resounded throughout the small room and down the hall.

“Waaaaaahhhh!!!”

It was the cry of the second son of the Schneider Household. The priest seemingly collapsed, Jacob took it upon himself to carry the baby to his Ladyship’s arms and to open the door to let his Lord back in.

Issac: “Goddess be praised...he’s beautiful…”

Agatha cradled the newborn in her arms as if this child was the most precious thing in the world to her. Issac made a face that seemed thankful, but at the same time, jealous. Agatha held the newborn close to her head and began to whisper in its ear.

Agatha: “You are...my first true child...Blessed be the Goddess…Curse the filth that came before you…”

Issac: “My Agate?”

Issac now looked worried, as it seemed that she would not look away from the child. It was normal for a parent to care a great deal about their own child when it was just born, but this level seemed abnormal.

Agatha: “I shall name you...Atlas…”

Issac: “My love, couldn’t we wait to pick names late ...hmm?...My Agate?”

Agatha had passed out, holding the child in her arms. Jacob stood in the corner as lord hugged his child and wife, an odd expression passing across his face before fading.

Jacob: "I suppose the lord shall care more about this child than he did the last..."

…….

-Done!

Fate had been working for the last few hours on a ‘weight,’ which took the form of a wooden plank that had empty jars strung to it, using some bits of the ropes that Fate had managed to bite through.

-Seriously, it took a long time to chew through that rope! Still though, what I needed for my training, I managed to make in a few hours...I couldn’t do it before because the servants might hear it...So I guess I should be thankful to my new sibling.

With his new ‘pseudo-dumbbell’ constructed, Fate resumed his training.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    He chewed through a rope, nice :blobjoy:

4. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's not like they're going to leave a kid, who they're treating like the plague, with a knife.

5. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that it is taking a while to get to the fighting, but I need a while to properly explain Fate’s situation.

6. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 19 - Out of Expectation
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three months into his new training with the ‘dumbbell’ Fate was summoned to meet the lord. This seemed odd to him since his father had seemingly approved of...or at least didn’t voice his disapproval towards Agatha’s actions.

-The maids came into my room, got me dressed up properly, and seem to be acting respectfully unlike usually. This just feels so wrong to me.

Fate was nearly two years old and as such, was noticeably taller. The clothes he was wearing were a white long sleeve shirt, black shorts attached to his shoulders by suspenders, and a small pair of black dress shoes. He truly seemed to look the part of a noble’s son, more so than he usually did anyway.

The plump and skinny maids walked at his sides down the hallway, occasionally receiving pitying glances from the servants they passed by. This most likely had to do with the fact that Fate was known as a ‘diseased child’ within the manor.

-Why does Father wish to see me? He hasn’t wanted to see me since around a year ago and even then he was hardly around...Yeah, a lot of details from my past life seem to be repeating...except for my mother...and my whole situation, I guess.

???: *Ahem* “...Young master, we have arrived at the lord’s quarters.”

The younger maid spoke nervously, her legs quivering constantly.

Fate: “Please...open the door.”

Fate spoke in an indifferent voice.

Her face turned sheet white, she bowed and pulled the door open and then stood next to the door in fear. The other maid simply ran down the hall for an unknown purpose.

Fate gazed into the Drawing Room, which he had seen before when his parents had brought in that ‘alchemist’ to persuade him to teach him.

-That went up in smoke...and I got a fresh hell of an experience in exchange. Now, Mother hasn't ‘taught’ me for the last few months and I’m all the more thankful for it.

Fate looked around the room, it was decorated with a few bookshelves, chairs, a small table in the corner with a tea set, and a large desk in the middle where his father appeared to be sitting. His gaze was troubled.

Issac: “Sit, my son.”

Issac spoke in a firm tone and motioned for Fate to sit in a smaller chair that was situated in front of the desk.

Fate hoisted himself onto the chair with some effort since, even though it was smaller than the other chairs, it was still taller than himself. He then faced his father, not staring him directly in the eye as a sign of respect. His father had a stoic expression

Issac: “How have you been, my son? It has been many a moon since I last saw you and... after I last heard from your mother about… ‘the incident…’”

-Hm? ‘Incident?’ Did she actually tell him straight out about the sh*t she put me through?! How vile can that b*tch be!? Wait...this doesn’t seem right…

Indeed, the atmosphere was not right for a parent comforting their child about a traumatic experience. It was more like...the feeling of a parent about to punish their child. Issac now wore a sad look upon his face, replacing the stoic expression he had earlier.

Issac: “You have not even been alive for two years and yet, you have already caused trouble for the staff of the manor...and…”

*bang!*

The door was pried wide open and Agatha was standing there with a pitiful expression.

Agatha: “My beloved, I hear you were here and would be…!”

She gazed at Fate with a cold expression for a brief moment before immediately switching it to one, seemingly on the verge of tears.

Agatha: “C-cursed…*sniffle*...that child…*sniffle*...our child is evil, rotten to the very core...I already told you that I…*sniffle*...didn't... want to see it anymore!”

Issac seemed to nearly break down himself after looking at her expression but seemed to have been able to hold it together despite this. He left his chair and quickly walked to her side, lovingly holding the side of her face.

-What...what the hell is going on here?! He’s actually supporting her and comforting her, after all the sh*t she did to me?!

Issac: “My Agate…” *sigh* “I know that you didn’t want to do this, but I want to confirm the facts as perhaps there is some hope for our child...You wish for this too, don’t you?”

-...Hope for me, what’s he talking about?

Agatha: “Yes…*sniffle*...I truly wish that there is some good within him…*sniffle*...that he may serve the Goddess faithfully as I have…*sniffle*...”

-Oh no…

Issac: “I know that you do...Now, my Agate, please sit and we shall discuss, with our child...During your lessons, you did your best to improve his grammar did you not?”

After Agatha sat down and listened to her husband, and she started to let tears roll from her eyes, she seemed to be crying and breaking down from the moment Issac mentioned the ‘lessons.’

Agatha: “Y-yes…” *sob* “He is... able to s-speak…” *sob* “H-he...did s-so...and so!” *sob* *sob*

-No, no, no.

Issac: “What you described...all those horrible…”

Agatha fell from her chair onto her knees and cried wholeheartedly as if everyone she loved had just died. Issac immediately rushed to her side to comfort her, embracing her in a hug.

As she cried, Agatha looked in Fate’s direction. Although her eyes kept spilling out tears, they had a sharp coldness to them. She then reached out one of her arms and curled one of her fingers, the one she had used most to ‘discipline’ Fate during their ‘lessons.’

Fate: “...Arghh!”

Fate suddenly felt a searing pain, emanating from the back of his neck. It was around the point where she had marked him with the crescent symbol when she almost killed him.

『Your contractor is enacting the effects of 【Pale-Moonlight Penance】!』

『Under the effects of【Pale-Moonlight Penance】you will be forced to follow the orders of your contract or suffer the predetermined consequence.』

-Sh*t! What the hell is she going to have me do under these conditions, she already has the situation under her complete control what the hell else does she want?!

Fate cursed internally, as this situation was already beyond his worst expectations. His own mother was doing her best to make him an outcast among the family and forever locking him in a life of servitude, with no escape.

7. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Well then... interesting :hmm:

8. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally had a good cliffhanger for once

9. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    Just 'sniping' Zeroth Knight. It's weird because I didn't think the author would come back.

10. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 20 - Despise

Fate grimaced as the burning in his neck continued at high intensity. His father did not even notice his grunts of discomfort and when Fate attempted to speak out, the burning grew more fierce.

-Dammit! If I try and go out of line, she’ll just keep cranking up the heat until I die. Even if I die right here, she’ll just look like the sad mother who was crying with her husband, f*ck!!!

Fate did not try to speak out again and the pain gradually subsided. His father was still comforting his mother on the floor, but it looked like that was coming to a close.

Issac got up from the floor and pulled Agatha to her feet, gently helping her into the chair next to Fate’s.

Issac: “You need not speak anymore, my Agate...I shall question the child myself…”

Agatha nodded with eyes red from crying and then pointed her head downward, seemingly to avoid the gaze of her husband in shame.

Issac restored his stoic expression and locked eyes with his son. It was a gaze that was both sad and slightly-vengeful, with either emotion attempting to overwhelm the other.

Issac: “My son...Did you harm my bel...your mother?”

-What kind of crap is he spewing?! Did she actually managed to convince him that his own child had committed some sort of heinous crime against his mother?! This is bull…!

The stinging returned and began to intensify.

Fate: “Urgh-h…!”

Issac looked slightly confused for a moment, but the bitterness once again clouded his vision and focused intently on Fate.

Issac: “Answer me truthfully, my son. Else, I shall have to assume that you will not speak in your own defense…”

Fate attempted to keep his gaze on Issac, but the stinging began to focus on his forehead and seemed to force him to lower his head. To anyone else, this simply looked like a nod of one shamefully admitting their guilt and nothing more.

Issac: “So you did indeed...harm her…”

Agatha seemed to begin to tear up again, but before Issac could go over to comfort her, Agatha held her hand in front of him.

Agatha: “No...I must…*sniffle*...see this through...for myself!”

The sadness in Issac’s eyes now focused on his wife more than his son, while the vengefulness and fury focused on Fate.

Issac: “You...You are our son, how could you?!”

-Do what?! What in hell do you think it is that I could have…!

The stinging intensified, forcing Fate to give a grimace before it subsided.

Issac: “Answer me...son, did you or did you not…”

Fate could hear his father’s fist clenching the desk loudly, creating cracks in the wood.

Issac: “....Cut into your mother’s back with a piece of glass from the window you broke during your lessons with her!?”

-What the f*ck!? Is she going to force me to say something…?!

Fate waited for the pain to return and attempt to bend him to Agatha’s desires, but strangely, no pain occurred.

Agatha looked visibly distressed, looking at Fate as if he was a ghost.

-Did her control break somehow?! Then...I have to tell Father!!!

Fate: “...Father, I did no such thing! Mother…!”

Fate was about to tell his father, about all the torture and pain that had been inflicted by his own mother! How she set all of this up in order to disown him or for some insane fanaticism that caused her to nearly kill him! He felt a sense of excitement welling up within him, nearly erupting to the surface...However, it was short-lived…

Issac: “You did no such thing?”

Fate felt tense, all the hairs of his body stood on end.

*crack!*

The part of the desk that Issac was gripping onto so fiercely, was ripped away in an instant. It was as if time had stopped. Issac looked as if he was brimming with hatred that could match a monster denied its meal and all of this fury was directed at Fate.

Agatha: “How could you attempt to lie so blatantly!? If you did not do any such thing, how do you explain this?!?!”

Agatha suddenly dropped to the floor while showing her backside to both of her family members, undoing the straps on her dress. When the straps were released and the back of her dress fell to her waist, something unsightly was revealed…

-How the hell could…!?

On her back, was a large scar akin to a large slash across her spinal area. Agatha immediately stood up and pulled her dress back on, seemingly attempting to hold in her tears.

-How the f*ck did she manage to that to herself?! I know that I wasn’t even able to get away from her ‘lessons’ much less give her such an injury, so where did it come from?!?

Issac was staring at Fate, grinding his teeth and clenching his fists together. He seemed to be trying to hold himself back from some drastic action. His gaze focused like a hawk before he spoke.

Issac: “...You have harmed your mother, attempted to cover it up, and have now lied to both of us…”

-I didn’t…!

The burning returned and more intensely than before, forcing Fate to clench his teeth. The burning was continuing, yet no orders were being received...Agatha began to let tears run from her eyes as the events unfolded before her eyes.

Issac: “I ask you, my son. Do you feel any remorse for what you’ve done?”

Issac spoke sternly, yet Fate did not say a word and simply continued to bear the pain from the mark.

-What did I…?

Issac: “I ask you once more, do you not feel that the sin you have committed is wrong? Do you not feel that you should be reprimanded for your heinous actions against your own family?!”

-What the hell did I…?

Issac clenched his fists even harder, digging his nails into his knuckles until they drew blood.

Issac: “I shall ask one last time...Do you not feel any remorse at all for what you have done!!”

-What did I do to deserve this sh*t?! Why should I have to take the blame for her whims?! Why did I have to be reincarnated into a family where not a single person cares about my existence, WHAT?!?!

The room was silent. The burning suddenly grew stronger, forcing Fate’s forced grimace to curve itself into a sadistic smile. However, it only forced him that far...

-ARE YOU SAYING THAT I SHOULD SAY IT?! THAT I SHOULD BEND TO YOUR WILL AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS!?!?

The smiling lips opened and to Issac’s dismay, his child’s voice, although faint, answered him that which he never wanted to hear.

Fate: “...No.”

-I WILL NEVER BE SORRY FOR WHAT I DIDN’T DO AND I SURE AS HELL WON’T BEG FORGIVENESS FROM YOU OR FROM THAT B*TCH!!!

Issac grimaced, yet he relaxed his hands and dropped them to his sides. He stood up and spoke loudly and clearly in a voice that none would mistake.

Issac: “You are no longer my son. I shall have the servants move you to another room. From what the servants describe to me, your room has a window to let light in and other amenities that are reserved for a noble…”

-What the hell are you talking about…? I haven’t seen the sunlight in months.Moth...that damn b*tch made sure of that.

Agatha: *sob* “I know of a room *sob*, I shall have the servants move him there…!”

Agatha immediately broke down in tears as two servants opened the doors and picked Fate up. The last thing that Fate saw as the servants tore Fate from the room, was his father comforting his mother, who was wearing a cold smile that no one but him could see.

11. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
  12. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems people are liking the story so far.

13. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is very good, especially how stupid you made the father be :facepalm:, but don't let him just be abused and not fight back you might lose some readers like, for that I sugget that you make him leave with a 'BANG' once he does (like some explosions and such, you know not revenge nor death but catchy, something that will make the readers convinced that the kid is dead set on revenge on not just push over, get my point :blobunsure:?)

14. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    I intend to allow him to fight back, but it will later shift to a sibling rivalry. Btw on scribblehub, a lot of people with 5 stars seem to have just rated themselves(it’s weird)

15. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is not just on scribblehub (I didn't know that peopledid that even there but it isn't strange), but other places too, some authors won't get any stars or reviews unless they do that (to bring in readers, although it isn't for sure if they will keep those five stars or not depends on their story of course and which readers they brought in) :blobsweat_2:

16. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 21 - Frustration and Bliss
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-So that whole meeting was just her justifying why she put me in this room, cementing her lies as fact, and my expulsion from the family...f*ck!

Fate had been rushed back to his room by the servants and forcefully sat onto the bed before they left him. He was once again left in the dim room that he had become so acquainted with these last few months, and just like the first time he was furious.

-Seriously, she cut up her own back, lied for months about how I’ve been living, and managed to f*ck Father enough that he didn’t even give a second thought before disowning me?! I spent more than four months dealing with her ‘lessons’ and attempted murder...and Father didn’t even check in on me once!

Fate: *sigh* “Then again, she’d probably just manage lie her way to her desired future even if Father had paid any attention…”

His own father had now disowned him, yet he didn’t even care enough to throw him out to be free. Instead, he simply left his wife to her own devices and would now give affection to his second son, as if he had somehow ‘learned a lesson’ about parenting.

-Neglectful ass…

Fate wanted to beat the wall until it was red with blood from his knuckles, but he knew that it wouldn’t solve anything. It would only give his mother more fuel to burn him with.

-I need to make something to take this out on! I just want to tear her apart!!!

…….

Agatha: *sob* *sob* *sob*

Agatha was sobbing woefully in the arms of her beloved. Her beloved kept her close to his chest, embracing her with all the compassion he had. They were on their large bed and had the servants go away so they could speak in private.

Issac: “I know that you feel sorry for him...but if we hadn’t confronted him...My own son…”

Agatha turned her eyes to meet his and forcefully attempted to dry her tears.

Agatha: “I...I know...he did such awful things…*sniffle*...but...he’s our son...and...his brother will…!”

She buried her face in Issac’s chest, seemingly to hide the tears that might pour any minute. Issac pried her forcefully from his chest and met her eye to eye once more.

Issac: “Remember...now he is our only son...the hope of this family...I pray to the Goddess that one day in the future... it may learn from his example and deeds…”

Issac truly prayed that his now disowned son would one day regret his wickedness from his faults of youth, and return to the family a changed being of true blood and filial piety. However, for now, he was merely the trash that needed to be kept out of the eyes of all who watched them for weakness.

Agatha: “But…”

Issac gazed deeply into his love’s eyes and held her hand to his heart.

Issac: “H...it is of no concern...you need not fear it, for he is our one and only son...our Atlas…”

Issac planted a kiss on her lips and promptly stood up to leave. He walked slowly to the door, all the while, his thoughts of his first son troubled him. He turned to his wife and she gave his concerned gaze a prompt response.

Agatha: “I understand, my beloved. I will not concern myself with it any longer than now...but please, leave me be for today...so that I may...come to terms with it…”

Issac: “I understand, my Agate.”

Issac threw open the doors of the bedroom and marched down the hall, leaving his beloved wife to her supposed grief and attending to his business, raising his second son so they did not turn out like the first.

*slam*

The large doors slammed shut and the room became silent again. Agatha crawled across the large bed and buried her head in a pillow at the other end. Muffled noise could be heard from within the pillow, which could easily be mistaken for crying. However, Agatha was not in a state of despair or mourning, rather, she was in a state of bliss.

She was cackling incessantly with the pillow pulled over her face so that no one, who might be lurking outside of the room, could hear her.

Agatha: “I did it! I managed to disown that accursed thing! My Goddess, Luna, you told me in your divine voice that I should wait five years...and yet...with the joy I felt from your revelation, I couldn’t help myself!!!”

She screamed in joy from under the pillow, returning to her cackling but a moment after. Her legs flailed around the bed, kicking up and down as a child would.

Agatha: “Oh, my Goddess! I hope you do not believe less of my commitment to you for the act I have committed in your name! I shall once again offer...myself to you, for your moonlight to pierce the night and deliver me clarity and prosperity!”

Agatha’s cackling ceased, she removed her head from the pillow and began to walk to her wash chambers. She entered the small room, which seemed to have been covered very recently, in carvings of a crescent moon.

She began to remove her dress, letting it pool on the floor in a lump and opening a window nearby, bathing the room in the moonlight. It poured over her pale skin, exposing her to the night sky. Then, she walked over to a large metal tub. Agatha held her hands out, a light-blue glow emitting from them.

Agatha: “Shall my voice be known to the spirits that quench the thirst of the believers and wet the floor of the sanctuary with their joyous tears, emerge before me, 『Water』!”

The glow gathered and formed a mist in between her two hands, becoming a blue cloud that let loose a slew of water that filled the tub. This chant was unnecessary, however, it was one that all who would attempt the rituals of the Goddess would perform. The water, filled the small tub, nearly to the brim.

Agatha: “I make this offering that the Goddess may receive my prayers for prosperity and to light my way through the darkness of night and the souls of those unclean who attempt to taint it in vain.”

She chanted while grabbing at a large shard of glass which was most likely from a shattered window or mirror.

Agatha: “May not my words convince you of the faith of your believers, yet may this sacrifice of my own essence reach you.”

She slit her wrist with the shard of glass and then did the same to her other, letting blood flow from the open wounds into the small tub.

Agatha: “May your believers never show their backs to the cowards, the petty liars, the unfaithful, and the heretics to your cause or else shall their backs be delivered the rejection of the crescent in one fateful slash!”

Agatha kneeled in the pool of water and blood, allowing the shard of glass to fall to the floor, breaking the silence of night for a mere moment. A pale-blue light radiated from her eyes and fingertips. The shard of glass which had been dropped to the floor, floated through the air and positioned itself behind her back.

『【Moonlit Slash】!』

The shard radiated with the pale-blue glow and brought itself down on the same scar from the supposed ‘incident!’

Agatha: “Twice have I been an unfaithful servant to you... my Goddess Luna! I hope...that through my suffering, you are at peace!”

The shard of glass, radiating with the glow, dimmed and fell into the shadow behind the tub. A copious amount of blood poured from the wound on her back and from her wrists, completely staining the once blue water, red. Agatha craned her neck downward, looking below the moon.

Agatha: “Yet from now until the time you have declared, I shall not act further...Though I hope you can forgive me if I take actions to...rectify the fact of its existence…”

Though she was in extreme pain, Agatha began to cackle once more, radiating her mad faith to the corners of the room and out into the night beyond the window.

Issac: *sigh*

Issac stood outside of a room, hesitating to open the door. He was strangely silent, not calling to the occupant of the room. He only attempted to listen, yet it was completely silent.

-I know that I said that she shouldn’t concern herself, however…

His fingers twitched rapidly, reaching out to the door in an instant and then returning to his side to continue the cycle.

-He’s...my son...and even though he did that...I still can’t forsake him completely and even if it’s just a little, I should have words with him. Try to understand his reasoning and maybe...I’ll understand my Agate’s strange mood shifts lately.

Months prior to this, his love had become much more...forward with her romance, so much so that she managed to get pregnant and had already borne a second son. Then, just recently, she had confided in him the supposed ‘incident’ and shocking events leading up to it, which formed the reasons for why she hadn’t given him his ‘lessons’ for the last few months.

The news had completely shocked Issac to his core and in his sudden fury and confusion, he brought about the confrontation with his son to find out the reason behind his actions.

-Yet he conceded to the charges and hung his head in shame, yet he gave a smile that made me think of him as a devilish ghoul and told me that he did not regret it.

Issac: “...It was sincere, I could not detect even a hint of reluctance in his voice…”

-There’s also been no evidence that anyone forced him, none of the maids went near him and Jacob was around to ensure his safety...so then what could have…?

He struggled in comprehending his son’s actions and his own. He felt that he should reconsider, possibly try to speak and reconcile with him, it was why he was at the entrance to Fate’s old room.

-I’ll go in, but I shouldn’t expect him to talk to me nor should he expect my immediate forgiveness unless he explains himself…

*creak*

Finally, after much self-convincing, Issac opened the door to the room. It was the same as when the servants had removed Fate from it, but to Issac, it was completely unnatural.

Issac: “Did they...move him already?”

He looked around the room in confusion, his son was gone and yet it did not seem as though it had been a long time since he was moved. Issac moved his fingers across the furniture, checking for signs of wear or dust.

Issac: “There’s no dust so this room hasn’t been vacant for a long time...has my Agate been bearing the pain for so long that she wanted to do away with it as soon as possible?”

-It...it must be...I had no idea that she had been hurt this much...I must go to her immediately, the child...it can wait.

*creak*

Issac strode out of the room, the door closing behind him as he left down the hall, leaving only silence within the room. After he was gone, however, a new sound filled the room. It was the sound of very light footsteps, from the shadows.

From the dark corners of the small room, stepped Jacob. He had a neutral expression upon his face and a small whirlwind in his palm. He clenched his fist and the wind ceased to be…

Jacob: “I am sorry, my Lord. However, I shall never disobey my lady, for the kindness she has shown an old servant like myself can never be repaid except with a lifetime of service…”

He looked to the small window, staring intently at the moon. His expression dropped just a bit, if only for a moment.

Jacob: “Yet, I am sorry to you, my young master. However, a fate like this is the lightest you could suffer, I hope you realize that somehow…”

*creak*

His expression returned to as it was before and he quietly left the room.

Fate: “One…! Two…!”

Fate had started working out to relieve his stress and continued to do so, even with his parents working to forget his existence somewhere else in the manor. He was currently exercising, using his self made ‘dumbbell’ to do squats.

-I need to keep working! I need to get strong enough to handle the mana in my body, learn to manipulate it, and eventually leave this hell of an abusive lifestyle!

『【Endurance】has increased by 0.125!』

『【Endurance】has increased by 0.18!』

Fate continued to work through the night. For his goal of escaping his family in this new world and pursuing his new mission of hunting the ‘reincarnators,’ driving him forward in order to find a purpose that he could keep for himself…

• Name: Fate

• HP: 51.93/55.18

• MP: 7.55/7.55

• Level: 0

• Race: Human

• Job: None

• Previous Jobs: None

• Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】
    --------------------------------

• Stats:

• Strength: 6.97

• Endurance: 12.125

• Wisdom: 4.5

• Intelligence: 5.01

• Stamina: 8.997

• Agility: 7.83

• Fortune: 1.0

• Magic: 3.273
    ---------------------------------

• Passive Skills:『Balance (Lv.2)』

• Active Skills: None

• Unique Skills: None

• Equipment: Fate’s Journal(Soul-bound)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, it’s the author of the Familiar of Fate, jokerybokery! The story managed to get more than a hundred reads today(not sure if that was because they mistook my conversations with Kalto for a new chapter a couple times XD) But the story now has 1,000 views! Thanks to everyone for reading and to Kalto especially for his advice and support!(Mainly the places to post, his opinions on how the story was going and how to get readers, support, and how not to post on Qidian or they’ll steal credit XD) Things are stagnant on Wattpad with 34 views, but managed to get over 440 views with 8 chapters on ScribbleHub. :) Thanks to everyone for reading, I’ll continue with daily updates!

17. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Appreciated but I said othing about qidian except that you can publish your novel there if you want:blobsweat_2:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
  18. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    Still, not gonna post there. Plus, I’m genuinely surprised that I got 109 views for chapter 20 so I’m happy as hell.

19. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    You are free to post where you want just don't misinterpret my words because I didn't say that, and congratulations
    [​IMG]

20. jokerybokery595

Reading List:
    Link
    K, thanks dude. I gotta go get new earbuds, my headphone jack managed to snap in half and one of the halves got stuck in my ipad’s port. For now, I’m using regular headphones, but the quality isn’t as good and my ear is randomly stinging for some reason