The Forbidden Knowledge - Chapter Two - TEASER

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by JJ, Oct 23, 2015.

1. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, this is my first novel. I don’t have a website yet but I’m planning to create one when I write enough chapters or after I finish my draft. Any criticisms are welcome and appreciated!

Title: The Forbidden Knowledge (Title is subject to change)

Synopsis: Travis Berg experienced a fatal accident and it led him to be reincarnated into a fetus! When he was born, he noticed that he’s in an unfamiliar world. Although the world is unfamiliar, his parent’s faces on the new world are the same on his previous world. What other surprises will he encounter on this new world? (Synopsis updated on 10/23/2015)

Genre: Reincarnation (Updated on 10/23/2015)

Table of Contents
    Prologue - Dark World
    Chapter 01 - Travis Berg
    Chapter 02 - TEASER for now

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    RED coat likes this.
  2. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▓██▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▒▒███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓███▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓███▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓██▒░▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓░▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒██▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒██████████████████████▓▒▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█████████████████████▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░. ▓█▓▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█████████████████▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒
    ▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒
    ▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒
    ▒▒▓██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█▓▒
    ▒▒▒▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒██▓▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▓██████████████████████████▒▒▒

JJ likes this.
  3. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue –Dark World
    ~~~RINGG~~~

The alarm clock is buzzing throughout the room. A man, aged on the latter part of 20s, is lying on the bed with disheveled blond hair and his eyes closed. His stubble beard is not maintained. The woman beside him yawned, cleaned the dry rheum on her eyes and opened them. You would see that her pupils are hazel in color. Her age is similar as the man. Her face is round with a flared cheekbone. Her mousey brown hair is likewise disheveled and extends through her chest. Her two black moles between her left shoulder and neck is not visible due to her hair. She faced the man beside her and she smiled. Her dimples on her right cheek showed. She stretched her neck to kiss the man on the lips and said, “Hey Trey, time to rise! You said you’re going to the office today.”

The woman went out of bed to the bathroom. You would hear the drizzle of the shower from the bedroom. The alarm clock is still buzzing though as she didn’t bother stopping it.

The man reached out his hand to hit the button on top of the alarm clock. He failed to hit the button after many tries so he opened his eyes that shined blue to try it once more. A second later, he managed to hit it and the sound buzzing in the room stopped. He closed his eyes and said, “5 more minutes”.

The drizzle sound from the bathroom stopped. Moments later, the woman came out with a towel covering her upper body. Another towel wrapped up like a turban on top of her head. The woman gripped the towel on her head with both hands and dried her hair with it. She went through the closet and wore her casual attire for work. She then sat in front of a mirror on the dresser. She straightened her hair with a comb and pulled it away from her head to clip it with a ponytail clip and then stood up.

“I know you lacked sleep during these past few days, so I’m not going to disturb your sleep.” she whispered and smiled while facing the man lying on the bed. She went outside of the room and you would hear a car engine sound from the outside a minute or two after.

The man got off the bed an hour later. He stood five feet and eleven inches and is an inch taller from the woman earlier. He checked the time and his eyes went wide while irritated that he overslept. He didn’t take a bath or brush his teeth since he’s late for work. He wore his working attire, and picked up a strap on bag that contained his work laptop and his ID.

He can’t help oversleeping though. He worked for more than 20 hours a day since three days ago. Today, he only slept for three hours and that includes his oversleeping. The deadline of his project is still far but his manager requested the work papers three days ago. He asked his manager to work from home for this request and he approved it.

Three days ago, he asked his subordinates to update the work paper files. He then requested to send them to him at the end of the day. Upon checking those work papers, he still found and corrected a lot of mistakes. He also found that some work papers he noted that has some mistakes were not revised. He emailed his subordinates to update their assigned work papers for the correction. Then he received an email back for the revised version of the work paper. This procedure went on until the events earlier.

He couldn’t blame most of his staff for making a lot of mistakes since most of them are recently hired. Additionally, the request of his manager is too sudden. He didn’t finish checking most of the revised ones since he gave up checking and slept. He is working in an auditing firm by the way.

He called his manager only to reach his voice prompt then left a message that he is going to arrive half an hour later. He prepared coffee in a disposable paper travel cups, and brought it with him to his car in front of his house. He drove the car to his work. While driving on a highway, he dozed off until he heard a horn from his back. He woke up to check his rear view mirror and he found out he’s in the middle of the lane. He corrected his positioning. The car that blew the horn passed through his left. He caught glimpse of the driver of that car and he saw them wary what his car might do next. Unknown to him, his car was swaying left and right while he dozed off. The driver that passed through him noticed this strange behavior.

“Thanks for the horn!” he mumbled. He exited the highway without any issues and arrived at a parking lot near a huge building a minute later. He parked his car and got off with his coffee and strap on bag. He went inside the building, and rode an elevator. He was insecure about his hygiene before he went in the elevator. When he saw the number of passengers in it, he let out a sigh of relief and then sniffed his armpits with concealment. His breathe also smells like coffee so he doesn’t mind not brushing his teeth. He pushed the number 10 on the elevator buttons. He arrived at the 10th floor and saw the receptionist desk. The entire floor is the office space.

The receptionist area walls are dazzling white. The receptionist desk is in the middle with a big curved desk. There are sofas on the left and right on the walls from his point of view. On the left and right side of the desk is a transparent door with an electric security lock that is blinking red.

The woman that sat on the desk noticed him while taking a sip from her coffee. This woman has straight black hair, black eye color, and white skin. Her lips are bloody red.

“Hey Travis, looks like you’re doing an all-nighter again. Don’t overdo it, you might get sick! By the way, your manager already informed me that you were working from home these past few days.” said by this receptionist while smiling. Her teeth are glistening like the moonlight.

“I forgot to inform you about that.” Travis said then shook his head, “Delia, Delia, Delia, I can’t help it.”

“You know who I’m assigned to and you know how he gets annoyed even with the simplest mistakes! Is he here already?” said Travis without energy.

“No, he hasn’t punched in yet. He did call earlier that he’s going to be late for an hour. ” she said while laughing afterwards.

“Ugh! I should have slept more. If you see him, say that I’m at my cubicle and I’m waiting for him.” said Travis while looking disappointed.

“Okay!” she said and took another sip from her coffee.

Travis then went to the door on his right while taking out his ID from his bag. His ID touched the electric security lock and the previous blinking red became green. It produced a ‘click’ sound afterwards. He entered through the door and heard crunching noises of keyboards. You could also hear some ringing of phones and annoyed bosses. The latter is typical during crunch time so Travis ignored it.

The path after the door is clear and Travis strode forward passing 3 aisles of working desk cubicles. He turned right and went 5 paces forward. He stopped at a nameplate on his left that reads ‘Travis Berg’. He smiled and went inside the cubicle. He laid his coffee cup just before sitting and a person appeared outside his cubicle then talked to him.

“Hey boss, did you see the work papers I sent you two days ago? I already corrected the mistakes you mentioned on your email and I worked overtime for that!” she said while smiling.

This woman has braided black hair, black eyes, and black skin. She has pink bracelet on her left wrist and her lips dyed with pink. Her cubicle is just at the back of Travis’ cubicle.

Travis put his work laptop on his desk and turned it on. He also laid his phone beside it and then talked to the other person.

“I saw them Deborah. I scanned them and polished it a little. I have confidence on your work since we joined this company at almost the same time. You’re not the only one who worked overtime though and you know who is going to check these at the end of the day! They say that he gets annoyed with mistakes. Every time he found one, your phone will ring, and he’ll talk about it like there’s no tomorrow. They say that it takes a lot of their time whenever he does this. I know this phone will ring a lot of times since I didn’t finish checking through the revised versions. I will inform him of the work papers I’m not confident on though.” he said while pointing at his phone.

“Yeah, Brian is such a perfectionist. Good luck with that.” she said while rolling her eyes. Travis is looking for a socket for the electric cord of his laptop and then said:

“Are you going to keep a tally how many times my phone will ring?” He said this while smiling. The corner of his lips twitches.

“No questions about that!" she said with a smile. "They assigned most of the greenhorns to you and I know from experience that they will make a lot of mistakes. To top it off, he requested it too sudden! If the grace period is a week, you won’t rant in front of me.”

“There’s just not enough time. If only we have a hyperbolic time chamber or a room that elongates real time, I could finish checking them.” He said this and saw his laptop loaded up. He asked Deborah his farewell so he could check the other work papers and make corrections.

Three hours has passed and it is lunch hour. His manager, Brian, hasn’t checked on him yet. He has stopped working for a bit and took a powernap on his desk since it is lunch hour. Ten minutes or so, he felt that someone was poking his back. He woke up with veins on his forehead. He is angry that someone ruined his sleep only to see his manager smiling in front of him. He is 6 foot tall, blonde hair, dull green eyes, and has white skin. He’s holding a cup on his right hand that smells like coffee.

Travis immediately changed his expression. Then he said, “Hey Brian, I was waiting since 3 hours ago. I already updated the files on our central server so just check it from there. Also, I will send you a list on the work papers I’m not confident in so you should not waste time on reading them. The other work papers are still on template though since we’re just on the preliminary stage.”

Brian nodded. He then stated why he was late and nagged about his car being broke in the middle of the road. Hearing this, Travis thought, “Why did it only take 3 hours!? He even ruined my power nap!” Brian then said his farewells and Travis sent the list. Travis didn’t resume his powernap but only went on the ground floor to buy some food. He got back and continued his nap but got disturbed an hour later because his phone rang. The person on the other line is Brian checking on the working paper on the list he gave him. An angry vein popped again on his forehead and he thought, “Is Brian calling me to torment me?”

It's possible that Brian is doing this as a camouflage instead of actually working. This 'lecture' of his takes up both of his time and Travis'. It’s also possible that he disregards the list he sent him or it is on his spam folder. He could also be confident on Travis’ work but he only wants to do this so he could nag.

Travis sent the same list via email to be sure but he still received a complaint an hour later in another item on his list. He already heard rumors about Brian's work habit before he got assigned with him. He just did not get any information for this. He also didn’t ask that the list is a possible bane since it’s an office procedure to send these.

He feels drowsy since working in the morning. He wanted to sleep ever since Brian came, but he can’t find any time due to the work. He’s eating while working by the way.

Travis’ hardship went through until office hours are over. He pocketed his phone, and put his work laptop in his bag. He stood up while carrying his strap on bag and saw Deborah walking to his cubicle. She stopped when she saw him.

“Ten times” Deborah said while laughing. Travis just smiled and passed by her to exit. He looked at the receptionist desk and he didn’t see Delia there. He started his car and went on the same route he took to his work place except that going back to his home. The minute of travel from the highway to his work place became 10 minutes due to the traffic from rush hour. The initial road of the highway is a little congested. His speed reached 75 mph after 5 minutes have passed when the traffic became clear. He’s on the fast lane which is on the left most part of the highway. He dozed off for a little while until his phone rang. He tapped on his phone and operated the loudspeaker.

He heard Brian’s voice again and a vein popped out of his forehead. Instead of facing the road, he faced the phone while retorting Brian’s feedback. He turned back his vision on the road only to see the left side of his bumper inches away from the rails of the highway. His eyes opened wide and time slowed down until it stopped. His life flashed through him in an instant. His last thoughts on what happened today. He recalled his conversations with Delia and Deborah. He recalled Brian’s face and remembered how he nagged at him throughout the day. He regretted that he answered the phone. He recalled the woman who kissed him earlier. He wanted to cry but no tears are coming out.

“I’m sorry Laura….”

He then saw a black hooded figure walked on the other side of the rails. ‘It’ walked from Travis’ leftmost vision to the center then ‘it’ faced him. ‘Its’ body is hazy like mist except where the face is and you could see through ‘its’ body. The shadows of the hood covered the figure's face. ‘It’ then raised ‘its’ hood and you could see a white solid skull. The jaw of the skull seems to be jerking while looking at him. Travis could only think that ‘it’ is laughing or doing a ritual.

Time seems to move again. The left side of the car’s bumper hit the rails. The airbags came out upon collision and it made him lose consciousness. The car flew counter clockwise. It toppled a couple of times due to the speed of the car. It stopped upside down on the corners of the highway on the opposite side of the traffic…

Ten weeks after the accident and Travis’ consciousness woke up in a pitch dark world….

4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter One – Travis Berg
    Travis is trying to open his eyes but he found out that he can’t. After this, he tried to exhale, and then he tried moving every part of his body. His body reacted a little, but he wasn’t able to exhale. He noticed that he is lying on something soft. Since he could move, he thought that he is lucid dreaming. He thought that lucid dreaming is a by-product of a vegetative state. He considers the possibility that he’s stuck in a coma or he’s dead because the accident felt real.

Seconds later, he thought of the black hooded figure. Why did ‘it’ appear? Was ‘it’ laughing or doing a ritual? Is ‘it’ the grim reaper? Going forward, he named ‘it’ Grim. Since he doesn’t know anything about Grim, he lost interest about ‘it’.

Afterwards, he remembered the flashback that raced through him before the accident. The first thing he thought of was his parents who he hadn’t been able to get in touch with for a long time due to his workload.

Travis lived with a regular family while he was growing up. In terms of family group, you would call it a nuclear family. He’s the only son of Rena and Roy Berg. Rena’s maiden name is Rena Daniels. She’s the same eye color as Laura and has the same hair color as him. Her mother’s face is oblong shape and she has a black mole on her right cheek. That mole adds to her charm instead of making her ugly. There are visible wrinkles on her face near the eyes as a sign of aging. She is a nurse at a local hospital near his previous home. She’s almost never at home since she takes overtime more often than not. You would always see her during the holidays and weekends though.

His father, Roy, has the same facial features as him except that he has a cleft chin. If you compare their physique, his father is more ripped than him. His wrinkles are visible on his forehead. His father had the same job as him and he resigned from it after he was born. He’s currently a day trader and he spends most of his time at home. He’s the one who undertakes household chores and took care of Travis while he was growing up. You would always see him whenever Travis came home from school. He’s also helped Travis from his schoolwork and from his extracurricular activities. Whenever Travis plays video games and it needed some co-op, he joins the fun. He didn’t gain millions from his day trade. Although you can say that his gains are comparable to his previous work income or even better. He also experienced losses on his trades but it’s mitigated by the income of his mother.

“I’m worried how they will take the news that I’m dead or in a coma. My only regret is that I was only able to get in touch with them for a little while after I got my job. I hope this is just a dream though.” Travis thought. He only saw his parents when they visit him and he’s not busy. They could only see him on select holidays. Both his parents understood the reason why he couldn’t see them though. His father had the same job while his mother knows that the reason his father quit was the tight schedule.

“It’s dark in here. If I’m lucid dreaming, how come my eyes won’t open when I wanted it to? Additionally, how come the vision I wanted to appear is not appearing?” He thought for a while.

“If I meditate, will I be able to sense some aura around?” He forgot his predicament and thought of something fun. He tried to do some meditation he learned from yoga practice. One of his hobbies is reading. He remembered that, in one of the novels he had read, you could sense movements via meditating. If this is a dream, he might as well do something out of the ordinary that could wake him up.

While he is meditating, an image appeared from the darkness. He’s in a car and it is moving along the highway. He’s seated beside the driver’s seat. The one driving is Laura. They talk about random topics, such as the weather or what’s new on her job. He then checked the back seat and there are three figures. Two were his parents and the other one is a black hazy mist figure. The hair on his skin stood up when he saw the figure. Not a second later, bright light flashed enveloping his view. The bright light receded and he is now flying above the city in random. He’s sometimes flying on the road or flying through an alleyway. He then saw Laura in front of him who is also flying and said to him, “Hey Trey, time to rise! You said you’re going to the office today.”

He’s back on the dark world he was in.

“Oh, it seems I dreamt while meditating. Did I fall asleep or did I experience a dream within a dream?” Travis laughed in his thoughts.

He recalled the dream and he can’t help thinking about Laura. The last memory he got was the kiss and he didn’t even talk to her.

Her full name is Laura Crosby. Laura’s childhood experience is a tragic one. Her parents died from a robbery while she was five years old. That incident happened while they are on the safety of their home. Laura and her parents lived in one of the houses in the suburb. Laura’s parents trade in precious jewelry and metal as a sideline. They sell them off later when it increases in value or keep them as accessories when they decrease in value. The jewels were in a safe in her parent's bedroom and it was the primary target of the robbers. The robbers killed them with a gun when the robbers' movement woke them up.

As Travis recalled the story she told him, Laura was sleeping in another room when it all happened. She hid under her bed when she heard the gunshot. She thought it was the boogeyman from the closet that came to haunt her. She fell asleep on the carpeted floor under the bed. Daylight came and she woke up. She proceeded to her parent’s room since she’s hungry and they aren’t coming out. The robbers are not at the scene when she came to her parent’s bedroom. The place is a mess from the clear robbery. She tried waking her parents up but they aren’t responding. She remembered what her father told her to dial a number on their phone when she encounters a problem like this. She dialed 911 afterwards. An operator received the call with a procedural response. After hearing this, Laura said, “My father and mother aren’t waking up for my breakfast… Red color is all over their body….” The operator knew how grave the situation is. The operator tried to talk the child with random topics so she wouldn’t focus on what’s in front of her. The operator at the same time asks the police force available in the vicinity. In the end, the police wasn’t able to trace the criminals. Ballistics, fingerprinting, or profiling didn’t yield any results. Additionally, no witnesses came forward that heard or seen the crime scene. It's possible that the robbers used a suppressor and only Laura heard the gunshot from her room. Afterwards, social services transferred her to a foster care. Her aunt took her and raised her after some time passed from the transfer.

Laura wasn’t able to meet her parents after the police came in. She thought her parent’s might be dead. Her thoughts were only solidified when social services transferred her to foster care. She became mute afterwards. When she was ten, she and her aunt moved to the same neighborhood as Travis. There, she was able to enroll on the same school that Travis attends. Travis has an introverted attitude and the class he's in knows it. No one from his class talked to him due to it. He’s always alone during lunch in his school canteen. That loneliness made Laura approach him. During the first day when they met, they didn’t say any words. They’re just eating their food in silence. Travis, feeling familiar with her, talked to her days after they first met. He talked random things to her. He talked about his favorite number, three, where Laura derived Trey as a nickname. He talked about the lunch food he and she got. He talked about his various hobbies. It includes playing video games, reading online novels, reading manga, or watching anime. Laura still stayed silent.

Travis did improve from his introverted attitude after talking to Laura for a while. He still prefers to sit with her at lunch though since he’s familiar with her companionship.

This trend of talking to her one sided continued for two years until Laura talked to him. Travis thought that Laura responding is normal so he didn’t mind it. That train of thought was due to Travis upbringing and his introverted attitude.

Over the years, puberty made Laura beautiful. She and her aunt stayed at the neighborhood because her aunt saw the improvement around Laura. Although she doesn’t talk to her aunt, she can smile unlike before. Likewise, she still treats other students with silence when they talk to her. Only when Travis asked her out for prom was she able to overpass this hurdle. They got in a relationship afterwards.

Both of them attended the same university after graduating from high school. They both rent school dorms. They’re not together in the dorm though. Travis took Accounting as his major and took economics as his minor. Laura took the necessary requirements to be able to teach instead. She opened up her story when Travis asked the reason why she wanted a teaching career. The reason was that there might be other children who experienced hardships like her. She wanted to be a support to these children as Travis had done with her. She took part time jobs just to finance her education. Her aunt also helped with the cost of it.

“Laura… You experienced such hardships and I also became one of them…” Travis thought with remorse. He tried opening his eyes again in vain. He thought that if he’s in a vegetative state or he’s dreaming, once he opens his eyes, everything will be over. He would see Laura once more just like whenever he wakes up from a nightmare.

After trying to open his eyes, he moved his hands around to feel his body. There is something that sticks out on his belly when he tries to feel his belly. He also touched the area around his genitalia and he found out that it’s smooth. He moved his feet again and noticed that there is something soft beneath him. He tried to stand up, but he noticed that he’s too weak.

“Am I a…. baby?” he thought after getting the general shape of himself. Now, he also considers the possibility of him reincarnating. He stopped moving and feeling his body around after thinking that consideration. He’s scared that something might happen to him if he moved a lot.

He continued to open his eyes until another image appeared from his mind. He is in the office building. Brian was sitting beside Travis. Both of them are inside Travis’ work cubicle so the place is tight. Travis is typing on his work laptop while Brian is sipping his coffee. Brian is saying something about his car that broke. He then makes remarks about the things Travis typed. During this scene, someone from behind them while laughing said, “one time”. Travis looked back and he saw Deborah. Travis didn’t mind it and faced his laptop again to type. This continued on. Deborah increases the number whenever Brian gives criticism to Travis’ work. On the screen’s laptop, Delia’s face appeared with her moonlight smile. Her teeth flashed engulfing the entire view of Travis until it receded into the dark world he was in.

“So, another dream again and a nightmare at that…“ Travis thought. Of course, he didn’t stop trying to open his eyes.

This goes on for a while. He dreamt of various things, such as the subjects he learned from school and things he got interested in. After dreaming about them and waking up, he ponders the lessons to keep him sane in this dark world.

He dreamt of numbers, such as arithmetic, fractions, algebra, and any math related topics.

He dreamt of history. He saw the Roman Empire that grew from a tiny city to as big as the known world. He saw himself as a warrior from the Warring States period of China or Japan. He saw medieval warfare, trade, political intrigue and dealings. He saw opportunism from colonization and the rebellion of these colonies against their overlord. He recalled history up to the current state of affairs.

His dreams touched the topics of economics, geography, biology, political science, physics, chemistry, etc.

There are times when he also dreamt about his hobbies. He recalled that he played RPG while he was a kid and a teenager. This is often the topic of conversation with Laura during their first encounter. Their topic of conversation includes the stereotypical RPG elements, such as hidden/ultimate bosses. Later on, while he was in the University, he started to get interested on various strategy games. Laura didn’t get interested on these strategy games though. She prefers RPG. Whenever Travis talks about strategy games, Laura listens for a while and laughs afterwards. If the topic of conversation is RPG though, you would get a reaction from her with various questions.

The struggle to open his eyes and to stay sane continued for weeks. He developed thumb sucking in-between. He found out that it calms him down when he’s restless. Being in a stationary position in a dark world for a long time can make an ordinary person insane.

5 weeks after he woke up on this dark world, a bright red orange light emerged.

“Whoah…” He tried to open his eyes on reflex. It still won’t budge.

“This is a familiar color… It’s similar to whenever I close my eyes due to sunlight.” Travis thought.

The light will sometimes fade to black and then come back. Unknown to Travis, this is the stage where a fetus in the womb could see light waves. He didn’t have knowledge about fetal development in the first place so he didn't ponder about it. He didn’t have any child nor did he take interest in that topic. He just thought that the bright red and orange light is just a part of this dream.

His struggle continues. He’s dreaming, thumb sucking, trying to open his eyes, and talking to himself to keep him sane. The red orange light would only annoy him when it appear and disappear.

This habit of his got interrupted for a little while when he finally heard sounds. It was four weeks after he started seeing the bright red orange light.

“LUB, DUB, LUB, DUB….” A loud rhythmic drum sound reverberates.

“From the beginning it’s just the red orange light, now I have this on the ensemble. I prefer the dark world from before or the recurring bright orange red light even. At least, I can ponder some thoughts.” He thought with disdain.

Moments later, he heard words but he can’t understand them.

“Николь, так лорды из восемнадцати Island архипелага приехать?” Travis heard a low pitch sound. It’s similar to a man’s voice.

“... прибывший.” A high pitch sound followed. The initial sounds are indistinct. Travis deduced that it’s a girl’s voice.

“О, дорогая, наш ребенок движется, когда он услышал свой голос.” Another high pitch voice resounded. This one is clearer than the other two. Travis then heard laughing afterwards from it.

“ой? Я положу мои уши на животе, то и говорить что-то.” The person with a low pitch voice responded.

“Я… ухожу.” The other person with a high pitch voice said.

“Хорошо!” the low pitch voice is now louder than before. Louder than the high pitch voice who laughed earlier. Travis, surprised from this voice, moved his arms and kicked the surface of the womb. Then the low pitch voice laughed which surprised Travis again.

From all the loud noises, he thought that Grim abducted him then experimented on him. He thought of the latter due to his baby shape figure. The various sounds made Travis nauseous. However, he got used to them in a day or two. He still couldn’t understand the words from the high/low pitch voice though.

After 7 weeks of constant noise torture, he was finally able to open his eyes. He looked at where he is at and what kind of creature Grim put him into. Travis thought, “Confirmed, I’m a human baby. I’m in no dream. Now I’m worried about my parents and Laura…”

He further confirmed his body parts through his eyes. He can now risk moving his body since he can see.

“Arms” he thought while waving his arms and gripping with his fingers. “Check.”

“Umbilical cord… Check”

“Feet… Check.”

“Male… Check.”

After confirming his body, he thought of the people he loved from his previous life and he sulk a bit. He knows his death devastated them. The only thing he could do now is remember them. This is a new life Grim have given him, he thought.

Now that he could see and he knows his circumstances, he could rest at ease. Again, he thought of the topics/subjects he has taken interest to keep himself sane. He also tried to understand the words the people have spoken outside to where he is at. He couldn’t understand them though since he doesn’t know the context. He did this to keep the information of his loved ones from springing up that leads him to sulk.

Weeks passed. He could now taste things from the fluid surrounding him. He could inhale and exhale. At first, he was afraid of breathing, but he overcame it after the first or two tries. The only thing he’s waiting for is to be born.

It’s now the 30th week from when he regained consciousness. Travis felt that he can come out of the womb now. He decided to break out from an opening head first. Once he did this, there are a couple of voices he could hear from the outside. The voices are familiar ever since he started hearing things. Later, he kicked the womb wall a lot of times and he felt the walls around him contracts to let him out. His head broke out of the opening from this force. Moments later, he felt a hand supported his head. That hand supported him in getting out by pulling him along with the contract of walls he felt inside the womb. Once his entire body got out, he sensed the familiar atmosphere. He tried to breathe in and exhale. He does this afterwards without thinking. The hand that supported his head earlier carried him. Travis opened his eyes and saw this person to be a woman. Another person cut the umbilical cord connecting Travis with a small knife. This person is also a woman. She then proceeded to clean Travis and covered him with cloth. Both of these women are wearing a maid outfit. Both of them have red hair and both of their eyes are blue. Both of their faces are diamond shape. You could tell that they are twins. The one who carries Travis has a distinguished mole on the right side of her right eye. The other one has no distinguished marks on her face or neck.

The person who was carrying Travis smiled at him. She then proceeded to take a peek at Travis’ important part. She then said facing forward, “Поздравляем господина моего, это мальчик!” Travis felt embarrassed about it when he saw where the maid looked. The maid then brought Travis to the woman lying on the bed. There’s also a man smiling wide with his teeth showing right beside her. They are Travis’ parents on this life.

Seeing a familiar figure, Travis couldn't help but inspect them. He noticed that their faces are similar to his parents from his previous life. Except in here, they have no wrinkles and they look young. He felt somewhat happy and at the same time sad when he saw the two of them.

“Это странно. Он не плачет.” The woman that looked like Rena said this while rocking Travis.

“О Рена, это просто означает, что он смелый. Здесь, позвольте мне нести его.” The man that looked like Roy said this while stretching his hand to carry Travis.

The woman that looked like Rena passed Travis to the man that looked like Roy. The man was rocking Travis with glee while humming. After seconds have passed, he took a peek at the important part of Travis. He then said while smiling, “Ваше имя Трэвис Берг!” (Your name is Travis Berg!). Afterwards, he kissed the baby on the forehead.

5. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is my truck-chan?

6. Jesus

Jesus The One Being Sung in Heaven's Throne

Reading List:
    Link
    Truck-san is on vacation,every one needs one...

7. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus is that you who keep reviving people, are you an evil necromancer??

JJ and AkeShiro like this.
  8. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    say to your father that his lawn mower is broken

AkeShiro likes this.
  9. Jesus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sshh,nobody needs know...
    Well we dont use it on heaven anyway...,but Satan i need tell you that i've used all hell's water reservatory 'accidently' when i was hostin a big pool party on earth teehee~

10. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU LITT-GUH....YOUR MOTHER IS NOT A VIRGIN AND NEVER WAS!

11. Jesus

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel jealous in the air of someone that doesn't have a mother !

12. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU...YOU...POOPFACE

13. Jesus

Reading List:
    Link
    gonna cry for mommy? oh wait you dont have a mommy, poor you,but i'm a good guy i'll give you a justin bieber to please your heart please take him ASAP

14. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    NO I'M NOT GONNA CRY TO MY MOMMY! AND NO I'M NOT TAKIN JUSTIN BEIBER. YOU....YOU....................POOPEATER

15. Jesus

Reading List:
    Link
    c'mon man you are almost crying,let's revive judas and go in some party to have fun you will feel better (just dont tell daddy,he dont like that i go out with judas,e says that judas is a bad influence to me)

16. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    I might give him thirty silver coins, and i might be able to get rid of you

17. Jesus

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not that same naive boy of that time, judas cant do anything more

18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Can ask you two to try to not take over other peoples post's in this area.. ~_~ try to keep the comments about the novel and critic.. in other news.

Really good story so far, keep up the effort JJ. Hope to see more :D.

JJ likes this.
  19. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Lachiel ^^ great story the grammar is at a good level and I like the style ^^ when more chappy are out a more in depth critic will be possible

JJ likes this.
  20. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lachiel
    Thanks. I actually laughed at jesus vs satan war.
    Good to know my grammar is at a good level. I never really excelled at my english class when I was studying and english is my second language.

Yeah, I'm still at the world building stage and I'm still considering the possibilities of the political environment plus the power levels. I have laid out the map already though, but I'm still modifying it little by little. It will really take some time.