Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sofieeee

Sofieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far they have exchanged some looks, and the complains is that the actress once told everyone not to worry, her screentime is painfully little. And people are upset that she appears so early.
    But about her and JC, if it does happen it will be even more tragic, since she dies before WWX and WN will kill JZX.
    So far I like WQ, especially when she's with WN.

2. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, well I didn't know how much screentime she has so maybe its due to her showing up earlier that led to people thinking about her having more screentime. WQ and WN sibling bond is a jem, I saw someone doing head pat of WQ doing to WN on twitter.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  3. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I actually love the actress that plays Wen Qing, because I reckon she's very pretty. I somehow found her familiar, so I looked up her bio, and found out that I was right, that she played as another character I love in 'Legend of the Condor Heroes 2018), anyways, I don't mind the romance between JC and WQ, so long as it's NOT WWX and WQ :blobsweat: because I don't want to see any heteronormative where it deviates from canon (Wangxian).

I am still looking forward to seeing Wangxian moments in this drama though.

P.S: 50 something episodes for Chinese Drama's is actually a common thing since their episodes seems to be long :)

P.S:S @Sofieeee , that FMV you shared looks good, I'm looking forward to those scenes in the drama on my end :cookie:

EDIT: You can really see the hints between JC and WQ in Ep 5, which is hard to ignore. I think those who's watched Ep5 will know what I mean. To me, it's kind of an odd pairing seeing how much JC comes to hate the 'Wen's' later on, but I don't mind this particular romance in the drama if it's done right, I guess seeing it shows the conflict between these two, which is kind of interesting.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    setsuna3025 and Sofieeee like this.
  4. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but I didn't expect them to adapt the whole thing in one go. That's great! :blob_pompom:

Sofieeee likes this.
  5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the drama have subs?

6. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe there will be subs later but at this stage it's just in Chinese (raws)

alexfilia likes this.
  7. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan made video of the anime theme in the drama

hopsica likes this.
  8. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for you to know why people are so upset about WQ appearing on screen so early...
    There were rumors about the actress who plays WQ, she’s said to have paid a lot of money to the production team in order to change the script. It’s said that in that script WQ become the female lead and WWX, LWJ, JC all fell in love with her and fight over her etc etc. (JZX was spared only because he has to marry JYL or there won’t be JL)There were clips leaked outside, featuring WWX catching a falling WQ and spinning around( like those scenes you see in other series when the male lead save his love falling) when they are facing the big turtle( no idea why WQ was there, must blame the plot change) and another one is WWX drinking some wine while walking on the street and as he saw WQ, he stared at her until she left...
    Fans are of course pissed like hell and told the tv drama team if this is indeed truth they’ll be mad at them and the actress. The team made a response , something like “this isn’t true, we follow the book, please be hopeful etc etc”
    So now when it’s on and WQ still gets more screen time than she should have in the book, fans are not very happy about that... I guess tv drama will delete her relation with WangXian but left those parts with JC.

9. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    i just find the mask so damn weird ahhahahah.

so far hw mani episode has been out? and u watched it in raws? im guessing the sub ver will be out at a later time rite

Sauling likes this.
  10. alsalunar

alsalunar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also heard that these rumors in weibo and other chinese video websites like bilibili. WQ actress paid money to added her screen time in the script as female lead. Not only WWX, LWJ and JC, JZX also liked her at first and later he married to JYL because WQ convinced him to. Even XXC and SL, who had never met with her in novel also had recused her and have good impression on her.

Also JC and WWX became bad blood was because they both fell in love with her and became love rivals.

I once saw a part of leaked script where WQ and WN confronted other cultivators after JYL's death in Jin clan's tower, LWJ in order to recused her, injured the Lan clan's elders and received the 33 whips punishment from the clan elders. And she did not died in the drama and at the end of the drama WWX said farewell to LWJ and went to find WQ to live happily ever after with her.

After the leaked script was revealed, all the mdzs chinese fans asked the drama production team whether the script was true but the team didn't denied anything and just told the fans that they will considered the fans suggestion.

So.. a lot of chinese fans were pissed and boomed the weibo accounts of the actress and production team with protesting comments against the WQ's actress changing the script into reverse harem mary sue plot.

Yaoilover-89 and alexfilia like this.
  11. alsalunar

alsalunar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was hilarious to see our 'single dog JC' has to witness the PDA of 2 love birds... :blob_grin::blob_grin:[​IMG]

12. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg...If this is so true then I'm no longer going to watch it!! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: If I'm even sensing anything similar to this situation I'll quit... :blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

So far I don't have this vibes so that's a relief and it better stay that way because I cannot forgive the production team if they try to change canon wangxian to heteronormative!!!:blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown: what you said is truly like a nightmare I want to wake up from!!!:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Wangxian belongs together!!!!!!

The mask is weird indeed Lol.

Someone told me 8 episodes are out so far so I'll check that out later. I've only watched up to episode 6 on my end and yes in Chinese raws.

They really changed some scenes in the drama but I do like those scenes that is pro wangxian on my end :bloblove:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    setsuna3025 and AI Xin like this.
  13. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you need to see eps 7 and 8, then, because wangxian just keeps delivering! :bloblove:One of my biggest worries was that the drama would not allow them to be touchy with each other, but it seems body contact is fine, too. And WWX keeps checking out LWJ so much it’s becoming crazy! Okay, now I’ll stop spoiling.. :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

But then again, we're only 8 eps in and anything can happen... I try not to get my hopes up. but it would be really dick move to turn all this wangxian build up into some kind of petty love triangle.

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  14. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Sauling likes this.
  15. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Viki licensed the series as well. There is also a group who will be subbing it, so just be patient and wait for the subs. Right now, episodes 1-4 (raw) are on Viki.

So... You can watch on Viki here: https://www.viki.com/tv/36657c-the-untamed
    Or just watch on Tencent.

Anyway, for now, WangXian is definitely delivering. What's a bit worrying is the ending. In the ending song, there's a scene where LWJ and WWX are separating, walking in opposite directions. But then in the opening song, there's the scene where they stand together on a rock with the waterfalls, looking outwards... For now, we can only make assumptions. We can only hope that WangXian will be traveling around together by the end of all this. And try to avoid rumors as they ruin our mood and enjoyment towards the live action.

setsuna3025, AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  16. alsalunar

alsalunar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rumors also said that actually the drama had already finished filming as bromance (low key romance) between wangxian and that WQ's actress and her background supporter forced to change the script and refilmed the already finished scenes.

At first, I was also angry and about to quit. But later I fell in love with Xiao Zhan & Wang Yibo, the actors who played WWX and LWJ, and some fans who knew the inside story said the actress add-script part were all deleted due to mass criticisms of the novel fans. So.. I give it a try.

The drama itself was pretty decent and all the actors quite fit their roles. Of course, it cannot be 100% perfect for our novel reader imagination as we loved MDZS very much and had very high hope for our characters including Wangxian. But the production team really worked very hard in creating the drama. They took more than 3 years for pre-production and designed the accessories in detail to be ancient, elegant and unique. It gave me a good impression on the drama because most of historical chinese drama nowadays used fancy design accessories and scenery with obvious CGI making it 3D animation landscape. But in the untamed drama, the rare taste of ancient chinese drama could be obtained. I really love it a lot...

Since it was loose adaptation of MDZS and the total ep will be 45, so the plot must be added and changed for a little bit. But they did include most of original novel plots and the adding scenes were reasonable and quite interesting so far.

And the actors really tried very hard to portray their roles. Especially Wang yibo (WYB)... it was his first historical drama and have to play the most controversial role, LWJ. Because in my personal opinion, LWJ was most difficult character to portray. His expression must be icy cold and no expression thus no one know what he was thinking or what he was feeling. We readers knew his feeling for WWX was love due to the hints given by the author... all the others cultivators including WWX himself (only excluding LXC who is brother reading machine) thought that LWJ hates WWX. So if WYB acted LWJ as described in book, he was criticized for being deadpan face and angry face to WWX. If he add expression, LWJ wouldn't be LWJ's as described in novel. Even the well experience actor would be found difficult to act and may be criticized by novel lovers. I think WYB himself aware that and very worried about his role as LWJ. He tried very hard to act the novel described LWJ his over awareness make him awkward in first few eps but he later did improved a lot in portraying his role.

As for WWX's actor Xiao Zhan (XZ), I found him really fit his role and doing a great job. I can sense the playfulness, arrogance (in good way) and heroism of WWX in his acting. Most importantly his flirty expression to LWJ was even obvious than the animation.

Lastly, the live action drama really did braver than animation. The quality and quantity of wangxian moments were way above our expectation in the drama shocking the chinese fans to be liked 'WTF... IT WAS SO GAY AND HOW DO THEY PASS THE CENSORSHIP OF CHINESE GOVERNMENT....' etc
    They even jokingly said that it must be LWJ's actor who paid the money to add script to flirt with WWX (it was 100% joke. Please do not take it seriously).

So... please tried the drama and support it if you like the drama. As for me, not talking about the plot yet, the interaction between wangxian was already worth to watch :blobparty:
    :blobparty::aww::aww:

17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah for what I'm seeing Wangxian is definitely delivering and I hope it stays that way.

If I'm going to guess the scene in the ending song, where they walk their separate ways, I think it links to the scene in the Novel when Wei Ying as the Yiling Patriarch was staying with the Wen Remnants where he told Lan Zhan he can't leave them because they (the Wen remnants) needed him and he told Lan Zhan that there is not a nice broad bridge for him to walk on thus that's the only path he could take, and Wei Ying also thanked Lan Zhan many times in that scene (which is quite sad) for all that he's done and helped him etc. In the novel, it did show them walk their separate paths so maybe the ending scene was portraying that scene in the novel?

Which is a contrast to the scene in the opening song where they stand together on a rock with the waterfalls, looking outwards... is the actual ending to this drama? I really hope so..

Anyways that's my guess to all this, and honestly I am not expecting them to be explicitly canon in the drama like in the novel but I just want them to NOT separate Wangxian by making it heteronormative...

To be honest, I didn't want to watch the live action at first because of these rumours but if they really changed it to stay true to Wangxian even if it's subtle or an open ending, I don't mind since I just want them to stay true to that at least.

I am already watching the drama and am liking it, I hope it will continue to stay that way. I do love the changed scenes that is pro wangxian.

Honestly I don't think the actors match my expectations to mdzs designs like the donghua and manhua but in the overall it is enjoyable so far. I am going to continue so long as Wangxian in this live action stay true to each other :)

P.S. all those Wangxian scenes in the drama made me fangirl :bloblove:

AI Xin, alsalunar and Soulfill like this.
  18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, I just realized the ending song to the 'Untamed' is actually the live action drama 'Wangxian' song, because the music is exactly the same!! :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

Yaoilover-89 and setsuna3025 like this.
  19. Lycieratia

Lycieratia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I see that scene as a way to mislead the audience. There are many times where a movie/drama/anime/etc will intentionally mislead the audience by showing various cuts to surprise them when the show finally ends. But I can see why that scene, in particular, is so worrisome. It's because in that scene, next to WWX, there's a donkey which makes us assume that it's Lil' Apple. Your guess might have been correct, but the fact that a donkey that is probably Lil' Apple is in that scene debunks everything. Of course, it could be that WangXian is separating temporarily. WWX goes off on his own to play a final song to say goodbye to the Wens that died for him [EDIT: or saying goodbye to the cultivation world in general] before he finally sets off on his own with LWJ to "be where the chaos is".

Another reason why the ending is so worrisome is because in the plot summary of the live action, a particular sentence translated by Google makes it seem like WangXian is separating:
    "Blue Forgot took up the mission of helping the world, and Wei Wuzhen did not forget his original heart and finally sheds the world."

Welcome back "Blue Forgot."

XD But anyway. That's literally what Google translated that part of the sentence to. But with a dictionary, the sentence could be interpreted to as LWJ continues to take up the task to "be where the chaos is" and WWX did not forget his "original heart" (intentions/mind) to be "free and easy" "confident and at ease" with/in the world.

Honestly, I just hope that the scene with them standing together looking at each other is the actual ending and that we are being fooled by the live action team's use of cuts.

And I'm glad you noticed! ^^ In fact, the WangXian song (aka ED song) is also sung by the live action actors of WangXian. :) Surprise?

Agreed! The donghua was too cautious so the WangXian went super subtle and their horror/gore got censored instead. While the live action somehow passed the censorship screening with the amount of gayness in it.

I also agree that Wang Yibo did fine with his role as LWJ. He has to act as cold as LWJ without getting flamed for wooden acting and act as emotionally subtle as possible to show his growing feelings for WWX without being called OOC. His acting is gradually smoothing out so personally I don't mind too much.

One thing I love about Xiao Zhan is the way he looks at Wang Yibo. Like, it really feels that WWX is completely enamoured by LWJ. ^^ He captured the feels and intentions of WWX who simply wanted to play with him.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  20. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I normally skip ending themes when it comes to drama's xD So I wasn't really paying attention, but after watching the ending theme (yes, that's how I realized it's actually the Wangxian song), I realized that there was lil apple next to Wei Ying, so that does debunk my theory :blobcry::blobcry::blobcry:

Now, I only hope that it's just a temporary separation :blobconfounded: And that the actual ending is the scene with them standing together looking at each in the opening theme...\

Either this scene:
    [​IMG]

OR

this scene:
    [​IMG]

But then again, I will undoubtedly be sad if they walk their separate paths at the end of the live-action drama, but I don't want to put my hopes up or ask too much in the live-action and not have it delivered in the end, to me, so long as the production team did their job in showing Wangxian love for each other, even if it's very subtle, I am content with the result, because all that I ask for is Wangxian DON'T get queer-baited. However the ending is, I guess we'll see when that comes, but at least we know in the actual canon novel, Wangxian got their happy ending :)

Actually hard not to, when I kept rewatching that leaf whistle scene and the scene where Wei Ying played the Wangxian song to calm Wen Ning down, they even put the background Wangxian music when Lan Zhan held onto Wei Ying's and when they were looking at each other (which I love the added extra attention) :bloblove:

And yeah, I figured that it was sang by the actors who played WangXian, which makes it even more loving/meaningful :bloblove:

@Lycieratia you crack me up with the "Blue Forgot" XDD:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You can just change that to "Lan Wangji" or "Lan Zhan" :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    setsuna3025, HeRhea and Lycieratia like this.