Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I really do think that the moment Lan Zhan walks out after Mian Mian is a big step to show that he's changing, like going against the other sect, and what he was raised to follow, compared to before, this is not his normal behaviour, because him walking out is showing that he is defending Wei Ying, and is on Wei Ying's side, and he couldn't stand the crap/nonsense in which they were sprouting. This is one thing I love about today's episode and how they kept that part in :bloblove:

That restaurant scene was a really welcome addition to show just how much Lan Zhan cares about Wei Ying, like them, spreading stories/rumours, I was thinking, "Lan Zhan, you're listening, but surely, you're not going to just sit there, right?" And then, when they all said that "The Yiling Patriarch deserves death", Lan Zhan just slam the cup down on the table, to show how angry he was at that statement, and when he left, I found him so cool and I'm just so proud of him because while it's just something little, but you can see these subtle changes he shows when people talks bad about Wei Ying or curse Wei Ying, and I love that because it's bringing out that sense "no one talks crap about my Wei Ying" XD.

While I didn't like how LQR scolded Lan Zhan for being out of line and reminding him of the sect rules etc etc, but I took that as something positive because it shows Lan Zhan's feelings for Wei Ying :blobicecreamlove:

Oh that parting is real sad indeed :blob_teary: like you can see how conflicted Lan Zhan is, since he knows what Wei Ying wanted to do by saving them isn't wrong because he share the same heart as Wei Ying when it comes to this but he didn't want Wei Ying to walk down that path where he is seen as a 'traitor' to the other sects, like this is probably why in the present time , Lan Zhan will stand by Wei Ying side no matter what and I'm hoping we will get to see it in this live action when it gets back to the present time :cookie:

Did LXC actually said that to LZ? I thought he just said to LZ when LZ revealed he wanted to bring someone back to Gusu and hide him, LXC made a comment saying that "I'm afraid he's not willing" (so in the drama he knows who this person is that LZ is talking about).

Hmm, I didn't mind so much about the battle between WY and JC because in the novel Wei Ying used Wen Ning to battle against JC as his weapon whereas in this live action, Wei Ying was the one to do it ^^

A-Yuan is so adorable!! :blobicecreamlove: I wouldn't mind him clinging to my leg too haha :blobrofl: yes yes, how Wei Ying appears just at the right moment and when Lan Zhan saw him, the way he looked at him is so warm and filled with love :bloblove::bloblove: and not to mention that background music too:blobmelt: Yeah, Wei Ying did said that
    "I gave birth to him" :blobjoy:

And I'm like, Wei Ying said that?! He's probably talking nonsense again but I'm just going to interpret that as “since Lan Zhan is implied to be the father than I'll be the mother to A-Yuan” it's like Wei Ying is claiming he is the mother and Lan Zhan is the father when he said that right after the scene when Lan Zhan was mistaken as the father to A-Yuan :aww:

This is something subtle but I love this on my end

2. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday’s episodes were so good! The beginning and ending were the highlights for me. Really loved the rain scene, it was as sad and beautiful I expected it to be, and bawled my eyes out. Wwx being fine with lwj killing him.. don’t talk like that, boy :blob_teary:

A-Yuan is adorable and lol at ppl dadshaming lwj for his bad parenting skills. Then wwx stepping in right after they questioned where’s the mother :blobthinkingsmirk:
    ”I gave birth to him.” Haha suuure you did :blob_grin::blobjoy: lwj’s face was priceless. Wwx didn’t even bother saying it was a joke.

Based on the promos, we’re gonna have a big time skip tonight (a-ling!) Also it seems like we’re back in the present next week, my guess is the ep 32 is gonna end with wwx waking up in the jingshi.

3. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Sharing this from YT - Tencent (on YT) - The character song is uploaded! :aww:

Lan Zhan's character song is so sad :blob_teary:

And this interview is hilarious (Poor WYB) lol :blobjoy::blobjoy: I was surprised, but his reaction is priceless! :blobjoy:

You know that scene killed me, when Wei Ying said he wouldn't mind dying in Lan Zhan's hands :blob_teary: I was the same... I didn't want him to talk like that, because just look at Lan Zhan, it is like... hearing Wei Ying said that, is like a thousand knives stabbed into his heart :blobsob::blobsob: He already couldn't take it if Wei Ying were to die, but to hear Wei Ying saying this, him, disregarding his own life, and him not mind being Lan Zhan who killed him if that time come, is... ouch, you can feel how heartbroken Lan Zhan was in that scene :blob_teary::blob_teary:

Awwww :blobsad::blobsad: I was really hoping that we will get half of Episode 33, or near the end, we have 10 minutes of it seeing the present time, but I guess we'll see ^^

====

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes he did but this was way back in episode 3 where all the Sects went to study at GuSu where his brother said that a lot of people who is coming to study is the same age as LWJ and for him to make some friends. LWJ found a friend in WWX (became lovers at the end though) but things happens and now they don't want him to get involve with WWX anymore who is basically the only friend he made and became very fond of. I guess we can say, WWX brought him out of his comfort zone and changed him. Rather then just following what everyone says...he started to voice his opinion more and make his own decisions not to mention WWX made him show more emotions rather then his cold and expressionless face.

LOL so I didn't hear it wrong! at first I was like...did he really say that? or was it just "he is my child" but now that you confirmed what I heard I'm re-watching that scene again and that expression on LWJ is so priceless!! The way he paused in confusion is just too adorable...it's obvious that WWX can't give birth to a child...you know he is a man even if he cultivate the evil path...it's not like he will suddenly discover of a way for man to give birth (well...if he did...this is indeed very evil...a good kind of evil haha)

I swear, this drama continues to go beyond my expectation...there were some scenes where I think it could be better but overall I think this drama deserve more rating! the staff did a wonderful job at bringing the Novel to life in it's own unique and loving way. The fact that we are also getting closer to going back to present time is making me even more excited!!! The only sad part is that we have to wait till next week :(

AI Xin and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see, Lan Zhan falling in love with Wei Ying is the best thing it could have happened because he changed for the better by stepping out of his comfort zone, it made him question his ideology of the cultivation world. I always see that LXC support his brothers happiness, so I think in his eyes he didn't want Lan Zhan to be brought down by Wei Ying and he being the enemy to the cultivation world too... So he was only thinking of Lan Zhan's wellbeing...

Nah you didn't hear wrong lol. That scene when Wei Ying said it was just so him talking nonsense again but if you look at the whole scene put together (there's like a hidden meaning behind it); but all in all this is the birth of the beautiful Wangxian family with lil A-Yuan. The whole expression from Lan Zhan from that entire scene was awesome!! The moment Wei Ying called out his name, to the moment he looked at him, and the way he looks at him, his eyes shows so much emotion (love) and that "I miss you" look and I'm like *awww* and haha haha loll yes, Wei Ying definitely can't give birth but I personally see it (not so far away from canon); that A-Yuan, Lan Sizhui is their adopted son.

I also feel that there are some scenes I wish was done better but I'll just stick to the positive points of today's episode for me and appreciate those moments. The Drama is really exceeding my expectations and I love them for it, I only hope it continues to stay that way because if the ending is a bad one(which I don't want to say what makes it bad, since I don't want to be repetitive) ; it will be a huge disappointment for me :blobcry: so I'm really hoping that the ending doesn't disappoint. As far as ratings go, I agree it deserve a high rating from what we've got so far but at the same time I prefer it to stay low profile to avoid attracting unnecessary attention.

I really was hoping that we can at least have some moments of the present time in this week, because I wanted to see where the story will go after they return to the present, and I'm too, excited for this!! The present time line needs some catching up to do! I hope we can get some of our favorite moments in the novel in the drama!! :aww:

AI Xin and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  6. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with you both! The drama is def exceeding my expectations, too, and hopefully will in the future episodes. :bloblove:About the rating, I'm not even sure what's the official rating? QQ Tencent has like 7.8 atm, is that correct? If it is, to me it's pretty realistic. I mean, the drama is great but has its flaws. A final rating is going to depend on the ending a lot, coz that's going to stick with people. :hmm::blobpopcorn:
    Edit: lol, what am I saying again... It's not 7.8 but... 6.9? Or 8.5? I'm, lost :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

I just finished ep 29 and 30, and even though I'd like to squeal about the entire first half of episode 29, I'm gonna just say that

Lwj in the cold spring! Lwj has whip scars! (doesn't seem to be so many but who cares) I sound like a sadist, but boy am I happy they're gonna whip Lwj :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek: Really relieved they're gonna include that storyline in some way or form at least. Also, may I add that YiBo has one hella sexy back *cough* :sweating_profusely::blobnosebleed:

It's also interesting to note that Lwj notices Wwx watching him...

Oh, and we get a peek of Fairy in ep 34! He looks so kind and mellow :bloblove:

AI Xin, Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  7. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the rating on Douban (which is the biggest review site) at the beginning of the drama was 4.9 because fans of the novel and BL haters had a big campaign to rate it 1 star. it has currently climbed up to 6.9 which is really impressive. out of the dramas I’ve followed I have never seen such a turn around on Douban lol.

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  8. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    yes we all want a-yuan to cling to out legs cause he is just too cuteeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

well wat to do they r just a bunch of fkin hypocrites tat says one thing at one time den they twist and turn thier words later on just to justify thier own fkin needs and think tat they r right -.- wan to kill this kind of fked up ppl sia. espcially the lan clan is the most hypocrite one and veri close minded.

LXC and LQR should be thankin wei ying for changin lan zhan to slowly open up and express himself like they always wanted, but in the end they oso shuan him like he is better off dead and tat wei ying "tainted"/ hurt lan zhan :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:. like FK THIER GOD DAMN STUPID LOGIC MAN.

well i guess they nvr found love tats y they don understand anything lan zhan wans to do to help wei ying. as they see love is a useless thing, no wonder the lan clan ppl r so damn clueless about love and wat it does to the person :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    ahhahahaha i think yibo is more like wei ying like to tease xiao zhan and xiao zhan is like lwj hardly talk to ppl hahahah :blobjoy::blobjoy:

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  9. Insanemelodine

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to know...WHERE CAN I GET A WEN NING?! :blobrofl:the way WWX calls his name and he came running at the speed of light is just too adorable!!! I just can't get over it, he is just too obedient toward WWX. Even my own dog did not have that kind of reaction when I called them and I raised them from puppy lol

The new episodes today were filled with laughter and heart warming moments which I really enjoyed. The moment of WWX and LWJ at the restaurant with AYuan is just too cute. Especially when A-yuan wanted to sit on LWJ's lap. This boy is just too adorable!!
    I also love the scene when Wen Ning went crazy, LWJ took Ayuan to hold and ran so WWX don't have to considering the distance (such a great father thinking about his husband haha) :blobsmilehappyeyes:

I like how they worked together to calm Wen Ning down...if you think about it, LWJ had something to do with helping Wen Ning regain his consciousness. If it weren't for him, I feel like this would have been an impossible task. WWX looked like he was struggling to keep him calm. So basically it's a joint effort to bring back our lovable cinnamon roll. So in a way...I see it as...they both give birth to Wen Ning lol. I swear...I get the uncontrollable giggles whenever I see WWX falling into LWJ's arms...and he will call out his name so full of love and concern...this is just too sweet. I was really hoping WWX really did fainted when he falls to LWJ's arm but Wen Qing had to scare him to wake up right away like girl...we were enjoying the moments and I bet he was too leaning against that strong arm haha. She needs to read the mood and not interrupt...

Could it be because of this that LWJ was punished? or did he left Cloud Recess without permission? I'm still trying to figure out what he did wrong that deserve a punishment. Did his uncle and brother know what he did and who he meet or was this something he told them because he felt like he had done something that is deserving of punishment?

I'm excited for tomorrow's episodes but at the same time I am not ready for the heart break!! these two episode will surely make me cry. I was debating to just skip tomorrow's episodes and save myself but at the same time I want to see it!! :blobtired:

setsuna3025, TaffyGirl13 and Sauling like this.
  10. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    OK can someone please explain to me why did Lan Zhan kneel in episode 29(I think it was this episode)?; like don't tell he got punished again? Like for what?! For seeing Wei Ying or was it because of what happened at the restaurant?! If so how cruel of grumpy LQR to punish Lan Zhan for that?! And that's sad because I thought that was the scene where he got the whip scars :cry:

Wait?! I haven't seen the preview to that episode yet, but omg!! That gave me hope!! :aww: I feel like I'm being a sadist on Lan Zhan for wanting him to get it but I'm not, it's just that I always love the reason behind why he got it so that gave me hope at least!! :aww:

And Lan Zhan speaking up for Wei Ying again but too bad his good intentions turned into a nightmare in the end :blobcry: and JGY you have to pull the strings and frame Wei Ying there :blobexpressionless:

Wen Ning is so adorable omg!! :aww: and A-Yuan too! :aww: I love the part when A-Yuan apologized to Wei Ying, that was adorable!! I also love the part when Wen Ning was feeding A-Yuan ‘lotus pork rib soup’ that scene was so :blobicecreamlove:

P.S. I just want to jump to episode 33 now, and skip all this heart ache :cry:

@setsuna3025 , the case with LQR is, he didn't want Lan Zhan to end up like his father (LQR brother); but he doesn't know that this is love, you will do whatever you can and beyond to protect the love of your life (Lan Zhan have his father's genes in this); but LQR doesn't know because as much as love can bring you suffering it can also bring you happiness and Lan Zhan got that in the long run, I only hope that in the drama ending it's implied when it comes to Wangxian happiness.

I always feel like both Lan Zhan and LXC is like their father in that sense but Lan Zhan got the happy end and LXC got the tragic end...I don't think LXC feelings for JGY is romantic but it is definitely something passionate coming from him... I'm still sad with that ending for LXC in the novel, I hope he can get out of it and be happy...

setsuna3025 likes this.
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh isn't BL haters bias anyways, they should just steer away from this series IMO!! :facepalm:

I actually do want to give this series a rating but I'll judge it after I have seen the ending since overall the conclusion is something that matters to me, I am hoping it will continue to exceed my expectations because right now, without looking at the ending I am really loving it, if this keeps up on the positive side, I'll give it a 9/10, but I'll just wait and see.

12. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure he kneeled bc he wasn’t supposed to go to Yiling. there are some hints in their convo over lunch that night hunting and passing by was just excuse and he went there on purpose see WWX. he is self aware what a rule breaker he is and asks to be punished for that but LQR refused to see him so he didn’t get punished.

honestly I’m not sure what was the point either lol. maybe they just wanted to film that pretty scene with Wuji as bgm. maybe it’s foreshadowing for what to come (they did film an actual whipping scene and I have seen spoiler pic of LWJ kneeling in his undergarments, idk where they’ll insert it though, my guess is a flashback during Guanyin Temple)

13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Zhan, ah, Lan Zhan, you shouldn't blame yourself for Seeing Wei Ying, it's not a sin. If you want to see him than go see him, after all you're not a puppet. You shouldn't feel guilty for seeing him... :( I think it's sad really. That part where he kneeled really just feel "what the heck" to me because it doesn't make sense to me.

I am honestly glad to know he got those whip scars because no, I'm not being a sadist on him because it will hurt me too when I see him like this, but I do love the reason behind why he got it so I am hoping to see this revelation in the drama too.

But I wonder how they will put that in because in the novel after he received those whip scars, he was in a bad condition that he can't even stand or walk properly which is why he wasn't there when Wei Ying died but in the drama that was changed at the beginning since he was there so I am curious how this will all play out.

setsuna3025 and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  14. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is really rebelling in his own way, as if saying 'I know I did wrong so go ahead and punish me, I don't care.' Also, I really think it's like @shuwei said, and the kneeling scene is meant as foreshadowing for what is to come...

Since the whip scars seem to be sparse (I counted around 6 for what can be seen in the prev), there is a chance he got punished for a different reason other than attacking his sect. Some speculate it's because he brought A-Yuan with him. Well, whatever the reason, it's going to be hard to witness. Especially if they're going to show the whipping itself. :blobdead::blobdead:

15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    If Lan Zhan got whipped for saving an innocent child than I will lose my respect for LQR and LXC...

I'm hoping that he got whipped for the same reason as the novel because I love Lan Zhan even more for it because the reason behind it was so touching.

As for why Lan Zhan kneeled, I read that LQR probably added that additional rule about "Can't get close to Wei Ying or talk to him" like in the novel, so Lan Zhan felt that he deserves that punishment...But we'll never know why he kneeled. At least LQR had a heart to not punish him.

I wouldn't want to see Lan Zhan getting whipped But we did get that gory (details) of how WN was killed so maybe we will for Lan Zhan? :(

I just saw the preview for ep 34 and 35. It looks like they are making MXY and Wei Ying in the drama to have the same look, with how he is still wearing that mask and until JC whipped him he took of that mask. I wonder how this will all play out. I hope we will get that after scene when Lan Zhan calls out "Wei Ying" to show he knew it's him, because I love that moment in the novel

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  16. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm with you.

Yeah, it seems, though present time Wwx does not have his mole :blobdizzy: I liked that mole!
    Because they look the same I believe they're gonna reveal his identity to JC and the rest early on, cos it really is too obvious.

Hmm, I believe that Wwx will reveal himself to Lwj the moment they enter CR. I mean, the mask is just too obvious, plus he's walking around the place without it in ep 33. :hmm:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    There's some part (even in the past) I realize he doesn't have it, so I think it's all to do with the heavy make-up or something to cover it?

Lan Zhan and JC would have already known Wei Ying's identity very early on, but things will change very much if LXC and LQR knew it's Wei Ying though. The Junior wouldn't know since they never seen the real Wei Ying in the past. Maybe they will have something like, same actor, but different role, and don't focus on their looks? But it would be interesting to see where the story will go from here. In the Donghua, it's the same design as well, but ofcourse, they make it seem like it's a different person.

He certainly did walk around the place without a mask in ep 33 preview, but it would be so awkward if he suddenly put back that mask on (lol), right after he was discovered, so I guess, we'll just have to wait and see if it's Wei Ying who reveals his identity to Lan Zhan or Lan Zhan letting Wei Ying know by calling out his name "Wei Ying" like in the novel.

P.S: I am not ready for tonight's episode, though I won't be able to watch this until tomorrow because of the time difference, I am, however ready to go back to the present, to focus on the present timeline - plot.

TaffyGirl13 and Insanemelodine like this.
  18. Insanemelodine

Reading List:
    Link
    I Think they kept WWX the same even after he came back as MXY as a way for the audience to recognize that he is the main cast. If they were to change him up rather it's look or outfit...I feel like it will throw people off. His signature color is red and black, that is how we know it's him. Also Xiao Zhan is the main actor who play the role of WWX, they can't just change him to a different actor half way through the drama. Honestly, I have no problem of him looking the same even if he is MXY, it makes recognizing him so much easier because we know it's him and he had come back to life.

No matter what they change, I still want them to still keep the part where WWX took the curse from Jin Ling and LWJ call out his name so softly as a sign that he knew his real identity like the novel. PLEASE KEEP THIS SCENE!! even if we don't get the bridal carry into the Inn...as long as we still have this scene...it's good enough:blobtriumph:

As for the whip on LWJ's back...I'll like to think that he got that during the siege of Yiling...the drama made it so he was there at the final battle...but maybe he was actually fighting to protect WWX instead of against him. He probably even fought against his own people to try and save him during that scene but after WWX fell off the cliff...LWJ was punished once everything was over. If not this, then maybe he was punished just like how he did in the novel but instead of escaping after WWX died, he actually escaped sooner during the siege and ran toward Yiling to try and help WWX even though he was injured himself. This is what I want to think will happen rather then him getting punished for bringing A-yuan to Gusu. But I guess we will just have to watch and see...either way, it will be painful to watch him get whip hard enough to leave ever lasting scars.

TaffyGirl13, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Ditto! I agree with you completely! I also would want them to keep that scene in when Lan Zhan called out "Wei Ying" to reveal he knew it's him because I really love that moment in the novel. I know we won't be getting a bridal carry so I'm fine but I do hope they put that part in.

As for the discipline whips, nice, I hope that's what happens too but let's just wait and see.

Insanemelodine likes this.
  20. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the episodes. Yup, no need to re-watch them. :blobsleepless::blobsleepless:

You might be correct in that Lwj gets punished because he helped Wwx during the siege. He is shown to protect Wwx, and attack other ppl so that Wwx can get to shijie.
    There's also one major change to the novel, for it's not Wwx that created the fierce corpses during battle. He was set up. We get a glimpse of the culprit, and my guess is that it's Su She. I believe this change is to make Wwx less of an evil person.

I love ep 35 and 36 previews. Lwj calling Wwx by his name may very well happen, at the end of prev 35 where it cuts off :blobowoevil: Most likely no bridal carry, but Wwx is clutching his chest, and limping?, so there's a chance Lwj offers him some kind of support on their way back to the inn.

We're gonna get drunken Lwj in ep 36 :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns: He looks so wasted lmao :blob_grin:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019