Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thing is, i think author has only kept LXC and LZ pure in this drama.. rest all of them have their vices and how their actions hurt other people..
    1. Wen villains - very obviously 1 direction character arc
    2. JGY - his wonton ways- and author really brings in all kinds of women abuse/ derogation with his character.. probably mirroring how a man can do this, society knows about it, loves to gossip about it, but does not question his authority and treats him with regard
    3. class - whose son are you.. your value is zero even if your mom did everything to raise you right and you did become a smart kid.. but since daddy shunned you and mom was a prostitute, we won't give you another chance
    4. rotation of power - how Wens were powerful.. once their downfall happens, Lings are fast to covet that seat with Nie's closely there (the way i see it.. this whole righteous act from them was also essentially positioning their image as the guardians of truth).. and also JL sect's discomfort over Nie's increasing power.. and hence all the other drama
    5. LQR - talk about bias - because he had a grudge against WX's mom.. nothing in this world can make him accept WX - typical mother in law :p
    6. Jian li - why does her life begin and ends with a man.. love is ok to an extent.. plz think beyond the men
    7. WQ - is actually a kickass character
    8. WN - hmm.. i thought WX saw himself in him , no parents etc etc
    9. WX - i am sure his lack of humility really did get in way.. he isn't the most sensitive either... keeping your conscience clean is fine.. but again who decides right and wrong :) ... and so many times he is truly just trying to be an ostentatious peacock bragging about his skills

I am sure people who have witnessed massacres first hand would hate the perpetrators clans and offsprings like no tomorrow..
    and the generations that didn't.. can only sympathize (not even empathize)

rape, herd mentality, backstabbing of the worst kind, hatred, torture, blinding revenge, nothing is what it seems to be, power of a rumour, no questions asked love, love is love we don't waste time in debating which genders should marry .. for all it matters a cat could marry a dog, patriarchy, ultimately destiny, actions-reactions, morality, and consequences

In live action, LXC is like the smartest dude when he told LZ to not judge black and white without knowing the full picture way back in ep 20/21 ... even before anybody started questioning what is right and what is wrong.. OR the fact that he is literally the first person in JGy's life to ever give him respect

2. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Good advise, I'll take note of that or simply just block but sometimes I guess it just depends on what they said and what I read but their comments is really irrational and stupid for sprouting the hate for the donghua.. sometimes when I read it I felt it's so absurd, I'm like :facepalm:
    It's up to the point that they just hate it for the sake of hating it and nitpicking every little thing to trash about :facepalm: that really ruins anyone's enjoyment in the fandom and sad to know we have those people in the fandom for not knowing how to appreciate it :facepalm:

Yeah because for those people who only watched CQL first hand knowledge, that would be their first impression and you know how they tamed down Wei Ying's powers in CQL :blobsad: and those people who never plan to read the Novel will have this impression how Wei Ying who's supposed to be talented and smart, the founder to this path was outdid by that scum SuShe....:facepalm: if they are going to have someone I rather Xue Yang instead of SuShe... I feel so insulted for Wei Ying on my end after finding out...:blobsob:

There's actually fans you know who likes someone like SuShe?! :blobfearful: well I guess this just shows that we all have different taste in loving some things even when I don't always agrees to their taste :blob_coffee:

I guess that's CQL specialty for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it's like when it comes to danger, Lan Zhan will always protect Wei Ying:blobicecreamlove:

I know right, it is refreshing indeed :aww: at first, I'll be honest, I was disappointed as they were leaving because I'm like "what about Wei Ying??" But when Wei Ying told Lan Zhan to wait for him at the gates, and when he went back to write his name next to Lan Zhan on his own accord, I'm like :aww::aww::aww: I actually see this as a positive change looking at Wei Ying's feelings here :blobicecreamlove:

Oh wow the knives here is real :blobcat_knife: hahahaha well I'll tell you that I finally finished the first season to the audio drama and I am indeed impressed with how faithful they are to the novel :bloblove: if the GC revelation is next than I'm wondering if we will get those smut scenes in you know where *cough* :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Yeah this, novel is my no.1 favourite, and nothing beats canon indeee :blobicecreamlove: the novel is much more fulfilling and consistent in terms of plot development and Wangxian development side of things. :cookie:

AiXin妹妹 I have, I have hehe :blobsmilehappyeyes: that's why I said Lan Zhan lied for Wei Ying in this final extra to protect his face against that one kid who questioned that 100 does not come after 90 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that poor kid lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But that whole chapter is so good, omg , and Wangxian fluff :bloblove::bloblove:

And loll poor lil apple, if he heard it and Wei Ying is sitting on top of him than lil apple will throw a fit and kick with hind legs lmao :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and then Wei Ying will be like: "Lan Zhan! Save me!!" :blobjoy::blobjoy: and this will be like deja vu (something similar happened in the GateCrashing extra :blobamused::blobamused::blobjoy::blobjoy:)

But you know it's really cute that when Wei Ying explained the game to Lan Zhan about the ring toss, and when Lan Zhan repeated after Wei Ying "whatever it encircled will be yours" I KNEW he wanted to encircled Wei Ying there :bloblove::bloblove:
    And I was right loll:blobjoy::blobjoy: it's just really goes to show that Lan Zhan action speaks for itself :blobjoy:

But the crowd didn't know that Lan Zhan purposely missed the stand on purpose since he was aiming for Wei Ying hahaha :blobrofl:

Actually that entire chapter was so sweet!! :bloblove:

Thanks AiXin妹妹

I didn't know there was so much drama last year since I wasn't in the fandom yet or came here yet when the donghua was release :sushi_hide::sushi_hide:

And this is why I will always thank the cast and the production team for their efforts , even when I didn't like how rumours had it that they initially planned to make it heteronormative :sushi_no: by having WQ being Wei Ying's love interest :blobexpressionless::facepalm: but I'm so glad they didn't go through with it in the end, so them staying faithful to the source material and Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo bring out the best in their chemistry is really appreciated to meet the fans standard

Yes this literally what happened on Tumblr, and really what got me so angry because it isn't just about hating the donghua but I feel so bad for that one person who tried to shed light to this whole perspective got shot down when 3 more antis chimed in and things went ugly... :sushi_no::sushi_no: it makes me sick to see those kind of anti's in the fandom, and ruin it for those who can enjoy it. I know that we can't like everything but if it's not like bad bad why just make it like it's a crime or something.. :facepalm:

From what I read those three people who went against canon and trash donghua Lan Zhan for lying to protect Wei Ying's identity made him lose his integrity in doing so(in the donghua) :facepalm: but they were alright with Lan Zhan lying to protect Wei Ying's face in that extra as he lied because he's a playful person and he didn't lied to protect Wei Ying even when literally Wei Ying revealed why Lan Zhan lied in that extra was he saved him face!!! And so thus, those anti's were being irrational and having double standard... :facepalm: but honestly I gave up reading their stupid illogical hate for having such a double standard so I don't care anymore . :blobsalt:

Yeah this, I'll try to calm down on my end now or am doing my best. I just hope that other fans can still enjoy the donghua for what it has to offer even when I do agree that the plot isn't really progressing much with season 2 :blob_pout: at this rate, I wonder how many season will there be for it to get to the main plot? I just hope 3 season total isn't really true because I don't see how they can fit everything in the 3 season :blobconfounded:

Jiang Cheng in the live action is definitely loveable for me! Much better than the Novel and Donghua at least. To me personally I find JC feelings for WQ isn't a bad thing since I like how he can show me that he doesn't hate all Wen's because to him WQ is excluded. So that's a plus for me even when that ship went nowhere in the end. But yes, that GuanYin temple scene was so good, I love how he called out both Wei Ying and Jin Ling to show his care and concern and when he watch Wei Ying play his flute again and how he smiled was :blobicecreamlove: but that ending where he said that each one of us have our own path and how he said "take care" after Wei Ying left but he still said it even when Wei Ying never heard it was :blob_teary::blob_teary: but that was a better done in CQL at least for me.

If I like him than I would care but because I don't, I'll just say "serves him right :p" oh ditto to what you said there!!! Burn in hell and suffer beyond the worse of the worse!!:blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

And wow I didn't notice that but thats really a genius for them to differential them because they're not human at all!!! :cookie:

When I see that my heart broke too, but my heart broke even more when they were standing on opposite side and Wei Ying doesn't hesitate in attacking Lan Zhan head on :blobsob: but naturally thats what happened when his intentions were misunderstood :blobsob: but yes, red eyes Wei Ying in action was :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

I dont think Wei Ying did in the novel, someone can correct me though, since i only read that scene once, and once is enough :blob_teary: tbh, Jiang Cheng deserve that punch in the donghua, so good job, Wei Ying!:aww:

Let's hope for the best :blob_teary: we don't want anymore heartaches and misunderstanding :blob_teary: but I like to have faith in Wei Ying that he will not deduce something if he doesn't know the full truth from all sides so he will still believe in Lan Zhan, the Lan Zhan he came to know (and love).

Glad you enjoyed it, Wei Ying expression is priceless in that scene! :blobrofl:

That's how I see it on my end too and to me, so you're not the only one. Gusu Lan and Nie Sect is lawfully good, the last Lanling Jin sect and Wen sect is power corrupted and bad (but not the present Lanling Jin since I have faith in Jin Ling as a good and righteous sect leader :) ) and Yunmeng Jiang sect is neutral.

That's what I'm doing. I'm rereading this on my end :cookie:

Even when I got the book in chinese like literally 2 copies, one version is the original published Taiwanese version and the other copy is the reprinted Taiwanese version where it have that beautiful art on the book cover :blobicecreamlove: okay 3 copies because I ended up getting the Chinese simplified revised version vol 1 (lol) but I still am thankful for K and EXR for giving us a good quality translated version to this masterpiece. It is sad to say goodbye, so to me I'll just read the novel again on my end and then listen to the audio drama at the same time :blobicecreamlove:

Ahh really? With the speed the translator is going at I can imagine. I need to catch up on that one day. But it always makes me sad how HOB doesn't have any smut and I know why because of the reason behind all the incident that happened ..:blobconfounded: but I really wish that MXTX can be free to write what she wants to write one day because writers should be able to write freely given its a fictional world IMO:blobconfounded:. But whatever it is, I hope MXTX is happy and not be pressured into doing something against what she wants to write. Same can be said for other danmei writers in CN..

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    AI Xin and YaoiMom22 like this.
  3. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, thanks for reading my fanfic and support my FOD blogger :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    To think that I have a fan, what a good news for me :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

4. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I saw the Happy Day clips too. XZ was probably playing his cards right by not falling into the fandom trap and blindly accepting the BJYX tag despite that being what every screaming crazed fan wants... :blobsmirk: That would be scandalous, fan more fires, and probably attract unwanted attention from higher-ups.

By choosing a new, more neutral-sounding "YiZhan" name that doesn't come with some sort of trash-fan baggage (I use this term loosely coz yeah that's what some fans can become, e.g. sasaengs), he's actually helping to steer their image towards something more wholesome, innocent and family-safe. :blobsweat_2:

There was a clip where the MCs showed pictures of the actors when they were kids. I think Yibo submitted an entire album while XZ just sent in 1 photo. Later the was a comment that Yibo simply made a 'rookie' mistake :blobjoy:

If I take the clips at face value, it looks like Yibo can still learn a lot from his Zhan Ge and become more 'social-savvy' (again, using this term loosely coz I'm just making up conclusions based on what I see on the internet). I hope the two continue to have more collabs and it would be precious to see Yibo mature, polish his image (I'm silently and selfishly wishing he'll eventually grow out of his teenage K-pop image soon :blobwhistle:) and become a fine young superstar worthy of celeb news and headlines.:blobokhand:

By the way, does anyone know if and where we can watch the recent Happy Camp episode where people literally talked about trash? :blob_grin:

I found one of the preview clips to be fascinating where XZ easily slid through holes that were filled by other guys - sorry if this came out wrong but that's what it is :blobrofl:

XZ is just SO THIN and he reminds me of bean sprouts... I just watched raw CQL eps 39 - mid 40s last night, there was the scene where WWX on the bed in his white inner wear and naked chest peeking out (after stabbed by JL). I realized how thin XZ looked, and for a moment, worried if XZ had to undergo extreme weight loss for this acting role... I read that he was chubbier in the past... It didn't help when LWJ reached into his clothes and I couldn't see any pecs... which means he's not lean/muscular built like Yibo... he's just plain thin... :blobfrowning:

Please eat well, Zhan Ge... excluding those unhealthy chips and snacks, please...

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  5. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

6. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm trying to delay the inevitable by finishing the last few Raw CQL episodes that were aired while I was stuck with business travels and crappy hotel internet, before binge-watching Eng Subbed version...

From eps 39 to mid 40s... I have some questions and please spoiler me even if the answers will be explained later in the show... At this point I don't even care anymore if I'm cheating myself out of having a decent ending experience with the series :notlikeblob: My Chinese isn't good so I may not have understood everything I've seen so far...

- Song Lan and Wen Ning are examples of zombies (corpses) turned back to life / human after the needles were removed. Why did WN continued to be pale and have black lines on his face and neck, while SL doesn't? I think SL looked quite healthy (but heartbroken) during his final parting scene from the Wangxian couple...

- Why did LWJ look so sad and emphatise with Song Lan's loss for XXC? It's a bit unusual for him to show such facial expression...

- I really cannot remember any past mention of Su She (whom I hate so much). Where was he visibly seen / heard 16 years ago, what did he do or what was done to him that he bears such grudge against our Wangxian couple?:blobunsure:

- I tried to listen to the Guqin piece played by JGY and LXC (the one used to calm down NMJ but eventually poisoned him due to the "wrong" notes)... But I can't tell the difference or if either sounded "weird / bad". Can anyone pick up the difference?:hmm:

- not a question, but... old man JGS forced to get hot with his harem... IN FRONT OF MY pure WANGXIAN SALAD ?!
    No way !!! :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

- During the Golden Core reveal scene, JC was shown unconscious(?) at the hill when he was picked up by Wen Ning, Wen Qing and WWX. How did JC black out? He was last seen walking up the hill with a stick... :hmm:
    And JC, face the truth about your ill-deserved golden core like a man, and don't run away like a coward!!! :blobangery:

- During the boat scene, why did LWJ ask whether the lakes have any owners? Did he think they were stealing the lotus pods? Then when he picked a lotus pod and presented to WWX (which became the unforgettable " Will You Marry Me" moment), he was corroborating in the theft?
    I know this is a very important moment, but it wasn't so clear for me, so i just wanted to validate my thoughts...:blobxd:

- side comment: the scene when LWJ pulled out the (16 year old) yellow paper talisman, and when WWX said that he's kept it all this time... Uggh, totally caught me off. I couldn't even remember where that talisman came from... Bad plot execution here!:blobpoliceangry:

- the part when Wangxian tried to elope down the Jin palace stairs and resulting in LWJ working his ass off to protect his wife... arrgh why didn't WWX play his flute?? Maybe I remember wrongly, but I think WWX was swinging his Suibian weakly, which didn't help...:facepalm:

- at one point, it was mentioned that Su She aspired(?) to be a LWJ wannabe, and there were some long-winded explanations of how Su She's clan can do pretty much what Gusu does... can he make his Guqin appear and disappear like LWJ? Coz I remember seeing him lugging the wooden thing at the old Wen village scene.

- please tell me the reason LWJ was pulling Little Apple's reins with his wife riding on it while playing the flute, is because LWJ is good with animals. The scene before showed that rabbits don't run away from him, unlike for WWX.
    I just need to be assured that husband!LWJ is the most gentle person on earth for his wife and their pets... :blobicecreamlove:

- there are a few more commercials featuring Wangxian, such as the cup noodle and etc. Are they voiced by the actual actors and not the voice actors? Coz during the cup noodle ad, I thought LWJ sounded kinda different and his voice wasn't as deep...

7. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thread would definitely get quieter, CQL ended and MDZS is ending next month :blob_teary: After being fed so well we're going to live in a drought soon, i'm rerading book in like 3 different languages(one which i don't even understand that well) and listening to audio drama but i still feel so empty :blobpensive::blobpensive: I guess only thing now is to wait for next year for HOB and MDSZ donghua and the CQL extras and movie.... :blobflag: At least the fanfics will comfort me until then :blobcry:

Will prob rewatch CQL on viki just to read the comments since i just can't let go, i feel like i'm gonna be stuck in mxtx fandom for a lifetime at this point :blobxd:

I've seen a lot of english CQL fanfics, what tags are you using?

I'm having almost same except i keep imagining Xiao Zhan as WWX and the LWJ from the donghua/manhua which is so weird :blobrofl: I guess i'm too used to big and strong LWJ but i love Xiao Zhan's WWX so much especially in the idol au :blobicecreamlove:

IMHO Xiao Zhan has very nice body...especially his waist which made a lot of girls go crazy. Like ez said that video of him dancing in that red robe did wonders, i don't think i ever seen the cql fandom more thirsty over something and the tons of fan arts it inspired... :blobsmirk:

Well in the book he knew they had owners so he didn't fall for WWX's lie but LWJ is too whipped for wifi so he did technically steal just cause his husband was hungry hehe :bloblove::bloblove:

Sauling gave a link to this post which talks about it.

https://manggaetteokkie.tumblr.com/post/186879795470/where-did-he-keep-it-from

Book! WWX asked him to hold hold little apple's reins since his dad used to do the same for his mom when he was little and he basically just wants to recreate it with LWJ :blobmelt: but lwj is very good with animals and can calm little apple down whenever wei ying terrorizes the poor donkey.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  8. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked up google, it seems BJYX means Wang Yibo x XiaoZhan (shipping real-life actors). My chinese is not good enough to understand the full meaning of that abbreviation though.
    I'm thirsting for BJYX materials, especially fanarts or even just photoshopped stuff... :blobnom:

Watching 22-year old WYB play as the stoic, mature LWJ is actually quite jarring at first. I hope to see the day he turns to a fine 30-something man and then re-imagine him as LWJ. Now THAT is the perfect 16-year timeskip :blob_pompom:

I've not followed XZ's other works or shows, but yes you're right, he definitely has natural talent in acting and he just looks SO PERFECT AS WEI WUXIAN. I think he has some kind of aura or stage presence, or the very defined looks, that just screams HERE I AM, THE MAIN CHARACTER !!! :blob_grin:

I started with the usual Lan WangJi/Wei Wuxian, later worked my way to Wang Yibo/Xiao Zhan. Neither give me the results I wanted.. :blobconfounded: What tags should use to find CQL-specific fics?

Ahhhh.. seems a couple of people have recommended the thin-waist red-robed dancing XZ clip.

Are there fanarts of XZ / WWX in red robes?? Or any fan stuff that shows or worships his thin waist. You're all making me hungry for thin sexy waists... :blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

btw, thanks for the explanations.. they helped me understand the show better :blob_grin:

I saw on twitter that yesterday the CQL crew and cast met in Beijing to celebrate something... and cut a cake? Congratulations to the team and to A-Ling for success!! (not sure what they're celebrating about, but I take this as another opportunity for more BJYX moments... :blobcheeky:)

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realize that CQL!LWJ has gone from boyfriend to full husband-mode in the episodes after the Yi City arc. The change is actually quite noticeable for me (THANK YOU SCRIPTWRITER) when LWJ seems to talk a little lesser, become more in sync with WWX, and their soulmate-relationship / unspoken understanding / gazing into each others' eyes full of trust / no. of times there is physical contact / protectiveness / walking in step / hand grabbing / acts of declaration of love / etc. have exploded hundred-fold.

When did LWJ fall in love with WWX, in the novel, manhua, CQL and other forms of MDZS? When did that big bang come from??

10. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really give you a definite answer to this because I don't know how far censorship goes to censor these out, but what I can tell you is that death and rebirth/reincarnation is prohibited in adaptation [Online Novel, may be to a less degree, since the novel have this part kept in and is allowed], as you read the novel, you'll find out there are differences to this.

I mean, they pretty much censored all this when compared to the novel.

For e.g.
    - Wei Ying is supposed to be 100% dead in the novel, his soul was summoned back by MXY through a forced sacrifice so Wei Ying was reborn [his soul/memories still intact] into MXY's body. In CQL, Wei Ying never confirmed dead, if I might hypothesize here, he's probably in slumber or something. Since that was his body all along, not MXY.

- A-Qing, the girl that was with Xiao Xingchen, she is supposed to be a spirit/ghost, because she died, so she technically shouldn't even have a physical body for Wei Ying to bury her in (in CQL).

- Nie Mingjue was supposed to come back as a fierce corpse (in the novel), this was also changed in CQL, which you'll see when you watch that part & read that part in the novel (personally for me, I love that whole scene better in the novel though).

So if I'm going to guess here is that they made Wen Ning a special case by making him 'different' to Song Lan, where they tried to make Song Lan, still a fierce corpse, but in a 'very subtle' way of showing it.

I think he can empathize Song Lan's loss for XXC because he have experience this on his end before? I mean, something similar happened to him when it comes to Wei Ying, because he did lose Wei Ying on his end, for 16 years.

SuShe was actually once a student of the Gusu Lan Sect. If I remember correctly, in CQL, he was first seen when Wen Chao was still alive, and when the Wen Dogs was destroying the Gusu Lan Sect/burning it down in the past, because they want to get the Stigian Tiger (or something) since they have one piece of it.

This is SuShe back then:
    [​IMG]

So back then LQR was injured, but he took his remaining disciples/students inside a sacred/secret cave, to hide away from Wen's attacks, SuShe was actually one of the student who was caught since he couldn't make it to the safe hideout in time, and SuShe was even willingly give out the secret of their hideout just so that his life can be spared :facepalm:Lan Zhan actually came out of the hideout to save him though, and that's how his legs got injured in the live-action (before the whole Xuanwu Cave incident).

As for why SuShe hates Lan Zhan so much, it's just his self petty, and inferior complex, because he wants to be better than him, but he isn't and he hates it when people compare him to Lan Zhan and say how he is imitating Lan Zhan. According to SuShe he didn't like Lan Zhan because Lan Zhan always have that look where it feels like he's better than everyone else, but Lan Zhan is clearly misunderstood here, because he never looks down on anyone, it's just that is how he is, where he keeps everyone at a cold distance, but he does have respect/manners etc, it's just SuShe didn't understand Lan Zhan at all. As for Wangxian couple, he hates Lan Zhan, so Lan Zhan happiness is Wei Ying, so you can guess just how petty his reason for hating Wangxian is, right? :facepalm:

I actually got confused at that scene in CQL, since I was pretty much skimming through that flashback. But to me, JGY definitely played the "wrong" note on purpose, while LXC was there, which triggered NMJ to have that qi-deviation, so I'm really surprised that LXC didn't realize anything odd when they were playing this 'together' for NMJ :hmm:

Let's not talk about JGS, he's so disgusting!! He's so promiscuous :blobangery::blobangery: And he even RAPE his subordinate woman, what an AWFUL MAN!! :blobangery::blobangery:

At the Hill, when JC was blindfolded, WQ did something, like use some sort of scent in the air, which made JC fainted for a period of time, so they could do the GC transfer.

That's because in the novel Lan Zhan actually went to the same lake once before, when he was in his teens, by himself, because he wanted to experience what Wei Ying loves, so he knows that this lake have owners. That whole scene was really sweet where you get to see this from Lan Zhan's perspective just how much he puts Wei Ying's words at heart, it was simply adorable. Ofcourse CQL didn't show us this scene, but novel fans would know since we know the story. Well, what Wei Ying did is literally stealing lol, but it was cute because to make Wei Ying happy, Lan Zhan actually went a long with Wei Ying, and got him some of those Lotus Pods.

Yeah, I think that part caught anyone off-guard, but I believe it was during their time traveling together, Wei Ying gave those talismans to Lan Zhan as a keep-sake to protect him, in case one day it will come in handy, and he actually kept this with him all these years, it's actually really sweet when you look at it <3 In the novel, it was actually something else, but no spoilers here xD.

Him using Suibian was considered a 'plot-device' to have others realize he is definitely Wei Wuxian, which no one can pull out that sword unless it's Wei Wuxian.

I actually didn't mind since I wanted Wei Ying to use Suibian again :( Poor Suibian, he actually cherish Wei Ying so much, but Wei Ying can't even use him again to the full extent is rather depressing, whatever it is, I guess it just plays out fine in the end, for me, at least since I want to see some Wei Ying/Suibian moments (that sword is actually spiritual <3)

The Monling Su is SuShe sect, which is considered a branch off Gusu Lan Sect, because SuShe was once a student of Gusu Lan, what he learnt is the same as Gusu Lan, so that's why his sect uses the same cultivation method as Gusu Lan. SuShe just wants to be better than Lan Zhan because of his inferior complex, nothing more.

This scene was actually explained in the novel (I actually don't want to spoil this part for you, but looks like @Lavinia already did xD :blobsweat:)

That cup noodle commerical is THE BEST!!! :aww::aww::aww: I actually just cropped that commercial out and save that as a clip on my end :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: I think in the commercial, it's their actual voice, not dubbed, it's only when they're in the story is when it's dubbed, because I think Xiao Zhan commercial for OLAY cosmetics is his own voice too. But that's what I got out of it.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    AI Xin, setsuna3025 and YaoiMom22 like this.
  12. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the 1 month of detention :)
    In my opinion:
    1. First meeting - for both protagonists, they meet someone who is a true match for them - in terms of capabilities, in terms of looks - but differs in the approach to life
    LWJ values the discipline he has been taught and he never met someone good enough who is frivolous, but here he meets someone who is so obnoxious with complete disregard for rules and is such an excellent match or even better than him in skills

WX values intent over preaching and does not support the superficially fake stuff.. so here, all the more he runs into someone who is known to be rule bound but the guy truly has skills :p

2. WX was attracted immediately - as a boy is to a b'ful girl - no doubt there :) .. and started his wooing by trying to befriend him...
    in light of what author wrote about JC's observation, if you go back and see the dialogues in any format.. they are so flirty and polite as they should be when you are trying to woo a person

3. The 1 month detention follows after a few incidents which shows LWJ that WX is actually pretty brave and pure at heart.. so that 1 month of proximity and full attention with no one to disturb and this chatterbox going "Lan zhan! Lan zhan! look at me lan zhan! land zahn this.. lan zhan that ." .. is going to get the attention :p

and because LWJ IS intelligent, he obviously realized and settled his feeling fairly quickly.. so by the time 3 months were over, LWJ knew he was in love

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  13. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone translate the commercials?

I heard for the mango drink XZ basically rattles out the confession scene :)
    Don't know what cup noodles is about
    or olay
    or coke
    1. Will you marry me
    - I would presume, just as JC's dad used to pay up the lotus owners on behalf of WX.. LWJ would have paid later on.. but yes, "Lotus Pod" the chapter is so cute where you realize just how innocent LWJ is and how much he places importance on WX's words who is such a gremlin :)

2. LWJ and Little apple
    that scene is gold... and height of WX's obliviousness towards his own feelings
    He imagines lack of a baby in between :p

3.Suibian self sealing
    I actually wonder if the name "subian" itself also has a role..
    While WX is amazing and ofcourse founder of an insane art of magic.. even the talented ones do not have their swords sealing themselves and that is why it was another big news in the world of cultivation.. a 20 year old's sword sealing itself..

I'd like to believe, just as WX doesn't follow rules but intention.. the name "whatever" allowed the spiritual tool to do "whatever" .. believe in intentions (that the world does not deserve to touch it that ruined its master) and chuck with the rules (800 years of cultivation powers etc etc)

14. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god it's 1am and I just finished the last few raw episodes of CQL :blobsleepless: i've finally, finally reached episode 50 !!! :blobparty:

I have to say, the episodes from after WWX woke up ("16 years later") until Yi City arc, and after Yi City arc until before episode mid-40s were the BEST because of blossoming Wangxian :blobnosebleed: So many cute + tearjerker moments. I screeched so loudly everytime Lan Zhan catches Wei Ying in his arms, and my eyes became dinner plate-sized with every loving wrist grabs. I cried so hard everytime WWX reminisces his past about Yunmeng or of Jiang cheng, and even bawled even harder when Wen Ning found out about Lan SiZhui as A-Yuan

After eps mid-40s until the first half of eps 50, i.e. Guan Yin temple arc, unfortunately I felt this final arc dragged itself out quite a bit. Too much talking and expositions, and too little action, with people spending hours just sitting, waiting or standing around while doing nothing - it's bad directing and storytelling. Wangxian took a backseat and was reduced to a couple of men exchanging stares. I know they're trying to put the spotlight on XiYao but aaaaahhhh... LXC kept closing his eyes painfully with every revelation (I counted at least 10 times from eps 46-50), and JGY kinda overdid his facial expressions throughout the long-winded talks, though not to JC's level... it was hard for me to keep a straight face while watching. I felt a bit of pity for JGY towards the end but by then the damage is already done - I was far too numbed by all the endless talking / revelations / info-dump / twisting questions / verbal mystery solving (actually self-solving) to take these episodes seriously. :blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless: Plus, the fact that they had to battle the Baxia sword / NMJ vengeful spirit / dark energy several times (3?), it became too repetitive... love WWX's whistling though, it was super creepy and I had goosebumps all over... :blobupset:

Thank goodness Lan SiZhui's reveal as A-Yuan to WWX saved the final episode. I was crying so hard for my little baby boy who grew up and missed his ChenQing-playing dad :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: The finale didn't really faze me, since I already saw the clips when they aired a few weeks back. Putting the scenes together, I feel that having WWX parting from LWJ is acceptable and makes for an awesome ending to an epic adventure, since it keeps the "see you in more adventures in the future, and someday they will meet again" vibe going strong.

I counted that I've listened to WuJi THREE times in eps 50. What a way to end the series!

AND YES, IN THIS VERSION OF EPISODE 50 THAT I JUST WATCHED, WWX ACTUALLY HEARS A CLEAR "Wei Ying" FROM LAN ZHAN, WHO SOUNDS TO BE STANDING BEHIND HIM :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom: My initial beliefs are dispelled. I don't care what people say, LAN ZHAN REALLY FINDS WEI YING AT THE TOP OF THE HILL AT THE VERY END OF EPISODE 50 :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom: All is right in the universe ! :blobangel:

Aaaaaand now, I have some more questions. I'm really glad this forum helped me so much to understand and appreciate CQL and MDZS !!:blobicecreamlove:

- Jiang Cheng's flashback after the Guan Yin temple fiasco... am I right to say that 16 years ago, it was JC who willingly called out and surrendered to the Wen guards while WWX was buying medicine for him, so that WWX was left untouched by those same guards? It's.. it's... a massive revelation :blobdizzy: That would mean JC's act eventually led to WWX losing his golden core and turn to the dark path. It also means that while we're led to believe that JC owes WWX big time for the golden core, WWX was actually unknowingly indebted to JC for escaping the Wen guards early on. This cycle of sacrificing for the other and being indebted / thankful is so rampant between those two!!

- Maybe someone already explained this.. but why wasn't LXC chosen to become the new 'head' of cultivators? Is it due to his "bad" judgement for siding with JGY?

- side comment: I REFUSE to acknowledge that it was Su She who played the flute to wreck WWX's life (first to control Wen Ning to kill Jin Zixuan, and later (not shown?) to cause chaos at the Nightless City battle which led to ShiJie's death). That horrible bag-faced man was shown playing the flute for like 2 seconds, and that's it?!
    Su She can go die. His character is so weak, inferior and one-dimensional, but caused so much unnecessary pain, he's Wen RuoHan at the next level.

- The Stygian Tiger amulet - Can anyone summarize its journey and which persons held it throughout CQL's story? I thought it was with XY during the Yi City arc since he could control the corpses... then after he died, I lost track of where it went.. how the heck did it end up in JGY's sleeve pocket?

- Baxia sword - Having little chinese language knowledge and not being able to follow the dialogues, I'm lost as to why this sword suddenly appeared at the Guan Yin temple (where did it come from?), why it was so strong (Wen Ning couldn't control it), why was it radiating dark energy like the Stygian Tiger amulet? It looked like a normal black broadsword when NMJ held it while he was still alive, I think. Some enlightenment, anyone?

- How did Wen Ning ended up getting entangled with the Baxia sword? WWX told him to wait outside the temple, then when WN saw some dark stormy clouds, he ran off and then...??

- Whatever happened to the magical iron pieces that were shown at the beginning of CQL.. you know, the 3-4 spinning bits above a lava pit in Wen's den. Strange that the story started with these pieces, then ended with the Stygian Tiger amulet which I'm assuming is somehow related to the Xuanwu cave incident that happened in the middle of the story. Such an important plot element, but so unclear of where things were going... :blobdizzy:

I'm still digesting the last episode (2am now), and will share more thoughts or read other posts in the forum tomorrow... for now, I can sleep in peace knowing that I'm done with the raws and can start with the Eng subs + novel soon (thanks Sauling!) :blob_grin:

HeRhea and YaoiMom22 like this.
  15. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i somehow never can see LSZ and WX dynamics as parent-kid, because it wasn't ever..
    He was always an older brother to him

As a kid, he had grandmom and the entire wen clan who took care of him and the kid clearly DID NOT see WX as anything other than a brother.. the best he could try to associate him with was mother, which he didn't want to .. ha ha and made it very clear to WX at the age of 4..

LWJ on the other hand, i absolutely see LSZ looking upto as a parent figure.. because he has that serious dependable aura i guess .. which LSZ was attracted since he met him first :)

just my own thing.. doesn't feel natural with LSZ and WX.. they are best as an older brother that the child looks upto and learns about growing up and manhood.. or even more like a teacher whom you respect more than your parents

@fangirl79 i would strongly suggest that you read the novel.. even if someone tries to explain, there is so much to munch on, connect-reconnect-infer

Sandu likes this.
  16. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DRUNK LAN ZHAN IS THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AHAHHAHAHA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::bloblove::bloblove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

:eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) AGREED:blobhighfive:

is it? or they were kill behind doors and wen ning just went into and started attackin? or while they killed WQ XY put the needle and tried to control wen ning but he went crazy and killed almost everyone, and den the commontion draw everyone . and so the sence the rest of the ppl see if wen ning is just being crazy and killin randomly. FKED UP BASTARDS . so they can just pin the blame on wei ying and wen ning just cause they cant control him they will get rid of him :facepalm::blobexpressionless:

and su she oso just another bunch of fktards tat onli wan to use ppl and think they r right and everyone should listen to them and be under them like wtf sia :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

the more someone claims they r righteous the more they r not and they r fkin super fake. his yiling laozu state was sure a arrgoant one and tat must hav ticked NMJ off lol and NMJ didnt like it ahhahahahahh lololol (talkin nonsense right now cuase my brain is fried alreadi not thinkin properly) ahahhahaha

YESSSSSSS SUFFER TILL THE END OF TIME AND NVR BE REBORN THEY NEED TO SUFFER 10000000 TIMES MORE DEN WAT wei ying and the rest exprineced.:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobjoy:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I FKIN LOVE THIS IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AHHHHHHHHHH Y THEY PUT YI CIRTY ARC INSDIE makin it even more better ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

no suibain sealed itself cause it doesnt wan other ppl to touch it, since everyone call suibain "tat sword" , "the sword ttat WWX carries"
    since no one appriciate those it sealed it self so tat onli his master wwx is worthy to draw him and use him.

and oso cuase wwx dosent hav a GC. cuase aft losin the GC WWX became a normal human and cannot use suibain even if he wans too.
    yes correct JC was the one hu in the first place expose himself so tat wei ying wouldnt get caught and thus losin his core in the process. but wwx thought JC had gone bak to get his parents body. so he decided to giv his GC to JC . the both of them savin each other. haizzzzz .

in the novel its cause he went into seclusion cause he was too upset wif himself for not seeing through JGY and thinkin tat he knew JGY when in fact he did not. and oso cause of the lost of his 2 sworn brothers.

in CQL i don knw maybe the same reasons as the novel . but maybe cause LXC think tat LWJ will do a better job den he since LXC himself thought he knew JGY but actually he didnt knw any thing about JGY

same here:blobhighfive::blobhighfive::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:TAT FKER NEEDS TO BE TOURTURE OVER AND OVER AGAIN

the grave robber was it? forgot lol took it from XY body at the yi city when XY was about to be teleported but ended up being stab and not able to escape.and tat guy was su she and he took the tiger seal and gave it to JGY. which is y u see the later seal ended up wif JGY.

AI Xin, YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  17. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What i am saying is that all swords have spirit but swords of even acclaimed masters do not get to seal itself.. a sword sealing itself is a mark of very advanced cultivator

so disrespecting the sword is one thing (and in CQL verse, the sword sealed itself long ago.. when JC and LZ went to save WX at wen sect after his disappearance for 3 months - in the scene when swords are brought back, LZ takes suibian and even tries to unsheath it but can't) .. but having the ability to seal itself is another thing..

it also shows how extremely talented by skills and by his character WX was

18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually a fan accepted theory, so it's fine if you don't see it this way. Since everyone interpret their dynamics to be different in the story.

Personally for me I don't have trouble seeing Wei Ying as a parent figure to LSZ though.

I mean LSZ once said to Wen Ning when they were talking (after the second siege) that Lan Zhan is like a brother or father figure to him.

LSZ also said that Wei Ying gives him a similar feeling to what Lan Zhan gives him (when they were in the Yi City Arc; and how Wei Ying told LSZ to not be afraid and to look after the others) so how he feels for Wei Ying is similar to how he feels for Lan Zhan.

Not to mention that it was actually pointed out that both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan did once raised Sizhui before.

Back then when A-Yuan met Lan Zhan for the first time, he was scared of him and clung to his legs and yelled out "father" where the other passerby mistake Lan Zhan as his actual father, and when they all asked where the mother was, Wei Ying just happen to come out at that moment lol. In the novel when Lan Zhan asked him about this child, Novel!Wei Ying said "It's mine"; but in CQL he literally just shamelessly said "I gave birth to him" (it cannot get even blunt than this how they want fans to interpret their relationship lol)

Also when they were on the boat and when JL were having an argument with WN (after the Siege); when things got out of hand, LSZ saw Wei Ying and Lan Zhan again, the way he expresses his happiness in seeing them coming and how he feel that everything will be fine now that they're both here(does usually relate to how a child would feel towards their parents etc)

So I do think it isn't wrong if fans head canon that Wei Ying and Lan Zhan are father/parent figures to Sizhui because of all the tease thrown in the story like this.

I mean if Wangxian is confirmed married, and if Lan Zhan is a parent/father figure to LSZ, then this should also be applied to Wei Ying also because he's married to Lan Zhan so naturally fans would see that LSZ is like their adopted son for all said. I don't see what's wrong with seeing both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan as parent/father [I said father because they're both male lol] to LSZ.

Different parents have different ways of showing their love and raising their child. Wei Ying is also seen to be good and warm up to children easily so, yeah in the end, this is how I personally feel.

Fans is free to disagree if they don't see Wei Ying as a parent figure to Sizhui though, since I know not all fans see it the way I do.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  19. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    h aha ep 49-50

For educational purpose, CQL team is beyond awesome..
    we get Lang Wanji's 3 "hug"/"bbreaking fall scenes

1. How you break a fall for a stranger
    When he stops WN after NH ghost leaves his body.. the guy is falling back and LZ stops him using his arms

2. How you break a fall for a family person
    When JGY pushes LXC .. again it is LZ who extends his arm to break his fall

I am amzed that team put so much detailing into this.. this movement is definitely much more gentle than how he stops WN

3 How you break a fall for love of your life
    And then ofcourse we have WX being pushed back after he succeeds in putting back NH into the coffin the 1st time..

and LZ completely embraces him to break his fall

In case you guys missed it.. seriously just go back and watch this.. this is wonderful detailing.. somebody clearly thought through how all these three actions should be different..not a coincidence

20. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was re watching CQL and i wish Wang Yibo's hair was like this throughout the entire series, he looks so good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sauling and YaoiMom22 like this.