Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES, kindergarteners.. that's the word I hear and so aptly describes the Xiao Zhan-Yibo relationship dynamics :blob_grin: Zhan Ge is the older one, and one of the latter bts clips shows Yibo being rather pesky / attention-seeking in the presence of his Gege (out of revenge? boredom? or something else?). And totally agree with you - when Xiao Zhan is speaking seriously during an interview, Yibo didi just shuts up and gazes in awe at his Gege... until Gege says something to tease Yibo and then all hell breaks loose :blobjoy:

Ahhh.. "notice me senpai" syndrome hits again...:blobrofl:

There's been a noticeable increase of the 'young disciples' activities in twitter at least, either in interviews, shows, douyin, etc.
    Too bad I'm still hanging on to the main couple, because I really don't have enough time and energy to follow the younger ones' schedules... but for fans of the latter, it's a great time to be alive :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin:

I did catch the clip where there are some bromantic touching and rubbing among limbs and legs... I try to convince myself that either the director secretly told them to act intimately on stage eventhough they're off-screen, or maybe they're just curious because they were wearing awesome stylish clothes with even more awesome stylish hair - hence all those touchy-feelys. Coz if they really do this in real life, I will have a bjyx-level heart attack... :blobnosebleed:

I never bought the "Wei Ying's eyes reflected on Lan Zhan's white robes at the last scene" theory. For all we know, those could just be reflective white boards that the production crew carry around and use in many scenes. On that note, it's not surprising some of the cast members like Xiao Zhan got a bit tanner. Having afternoon sunlight reflecting off a whiteboard towards your face... :blob_sunglasses:

Anyway, my angle of approach towards that final bts and how this is connected to the series' ending based on my experience:
    • Wei Ying heard Lan Zhan calling his name, turned and smiled. Based on facts only - it's an open ending that doesn't conclude whether Wei Ying actually saw Lan Zhan or not. It's never shown to us that Lan Zhan was standing behind him etc.

• My first watching of eps 50, which happened shortly after it was released and uploaded into some dodgy chinese streaming site, had a faded / echo-y "Wei Ying", like what you'd hear in a dream. My second watch of eps 50 happened much later, via a more official-looking streaming site, and had a very clear "Wei Ying". (Fans also theorize / talked about a 3rd ending where Wei Ying doesn't hear his name at all, which is the "Bad Ending" I guess. )
      As Sauling rightly pointed out, the "Wei Ying" is dubbed, so it doesn't happen in real life, it's just on the video clip
      Anyway, so, assuming The Untamed's production crew finally decided on the clear "Wei Ying" being the real conclusion, they must've concluded that in the story, the "Wei Ying" isn't a dream, nor some kind of hallucination on Wei Ying's side. The Untamed's Wei Ying did hear something clearly, and turned around to smile.

• Now, from the bts angle - Yibo was on the set location when Xiao Zhan was shooting this scene. As ez pointed out, Xiao Zhan was wearing the same clothes as depicted in that final scene. XZ was all "yes you looked cool and handsome" before Yibo going "oh god get that bug away from me" :blobjoy: (ok sorry the last bit was a joke - just kidding). If I extrapolate a little further - because the bts doesn't conclusively tells us this - Yibo was watching Xiao Zhan when the latter was shooting this particular "Wei Ying"-turn around-smile scene. Diehard bjyx fans might say that Xiao Zhan could smile so brightly and sweetly because they believe he was gazing back at Yibo in the distance :blobnosebleed:

• So.. Untamed's Wei Ying heard his name clearly called out (it's not a dream!), he turns around hesitantly but hopeful, and then in the distance (or closer), sees Lan Zhan standing behind him. And he smiles, the brightest and happiest man at the end of the story, before the curtains fall and the credits roll.

Then Xiao Zhan "returns" Wei Ying to the story and wishes him well to spend his life with his loved ones,
      And Yibo goes trotting towards his Gege for their daily dose of notice-me-senpai (or rainbow farting) :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Edit: I just saw the english translation of the last bts clip, there's a glaring mistake on my part (lol). Edited for correction.. sorry.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    YaoiMom22, Chibi WangXian and Sauling like this.
  2. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, i didnt even heard the group
    And i follow any possible group schedule to check out o.o

3. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I'm up-to-date with Xiao Zhan's latest video clips, but I always see twitter video clips of him alone and waiting at airports or some place, helplessly surrounded by fangirls and aunties...

I'm probably very biased or racist to say this, but I think XZ's agency is probably a small one, and being a small chinese company probably means lacking a lot of the stuff that I mentioned in my previous posts which any reasonable and respectful talent/celebrity/idol agency should have. Yibo's agency is probably a bigger one, and assuming Korean companies have more experience and higher standards in dealing with their fans/customers/needs, that's why Yibo's been able to smooth-sail the post-Untamed effects versus the horrors we see befalling his Zhan Ge...

(this is coming from someone who's worked with big & small chinese companies, and big korean ones. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's bombshell, I'm aware this is a very personal opinion that anyone has the right to shoot down)

5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chibi WangXian and Lavinia like this.
  6. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah you are right, i suspected as such but have 0 balls to say it (and no friends T^T)
    SK companies in general had more time to get used to crazies than Chinese ones, just like how Japanese companies has most experience dealing with obsessed fans out of 3 countries. Chinese companies give more freedom, Japanese bigger fanbase and Korean better protection, its the norm at this point.

7. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    ...someone at least show im seen everytime i message here i feel like im left in "seen" in whatsapp and not answered :blobcry:

8. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Chibi WangXian and Lavinia like this.
  9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS

:blobhighfive:

You understand how the entertainment industry works much better than I do :blobsweat:

Hmm this forum doesn't work like whatsapp, but rest assured that we all see your post :blob_grin: It's just that people tend to selectively quote and answer stuff they want or interested to answer. Or maybe you can get a "Like" for your post if it's appreciated.

I remember reading this forum from page 1 to hundreds, then skipped to page 500+ onwards. There were 2 big Directory posts with tons of useful links and references... are they still being maintained? Would it be updated with the latest posts related to The Untamed and MDZS S2?

Chibi WangXian and lighterxx like this.
  10. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i learnt the hard way when some fan tried to poison the previous idol i was supporting o.o not the best way to learn, but certainly makes you research things deeply lol
    I know but when i dont get reply etc i fl like im talking to myself :blob_teary:

In previous forums i was in such things would be given to first page where mod would edit if user is not active anymore to update links etc

Maybe such thing can be tried here too? It would allow people to find everything with easeblobmelt_thumbs

Chibi WangXian likes this.
  11. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So season 2 has sadly ended. Honestly i don't really like how so many episodes have been released on 1 day alone.

I mean at one hand i'm so happy to see the characters back again after a year when the first season ended.

But on the other hand it would be much better to release one episode a week, especially when this season has only 8 episodes.

12. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And i do have to say that i was kinda hoping to see certain characters like nhs, NMJ and JGS more this season. The Middle part of the story is my least favorite out of all the other parts including the beginning and ending. But i still like it very much ofcourse.

Am i the only one who doesn't really like the Yi City arc? When i first started to read the chapters of the beginning arc, i couldn't really understand what the relationship is with the other characters of this story.

After finishing the whole story including the arc, i could understand why the arc and it's characters was important for the story.

But i still feel a disconnection towards the Yi City story including the characters. Maybe that's because the characters from Yi City are from a different generation and don't have a connection to the generation of Wei Wuxian's?

But overall i really appreciate and like the whole story. It's definitely one of the best bl novels that i've ever read, if not the best.

I've seen on twitter that the other novel of the author called Heaven's Blessing was sold for millions dollars. Does anyone know how popular mdzs? And like how many people in China would even recognize this?

Thank you

readerz and Chibi WangXian like this.
  13. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much...!! Love u all!! :bloblove:
    Downloading now :love:

14. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched the donghua yet, because I couldn't find the link to watch it sadly, so I guess I'll just wait until they release this on torrent so I can download it, I'm not rushing to finish the donghua on my end, since I want to just enjoy it and take it slowly.

I'm glad to hear that Heavens Official Blessing is doing well, I was really disheartened to know SVSS manhua was put on hiatus due to fandom drama.... So, knowing Heavens Official Blessing is selling well, is a good / positive sign for me since I also do love that story on my end. As for the popularity for MDZS, I do think it's the most popular/recognized in China (to the point they sell official merch, even have MDZS branded cornetto, cup noodles etc), and MDZS is the most popular for international fans.

Anyways, I have shared this article in here earlier today about this positivity, I mean, considering all the hate that have been going around in the fandom (which I've heard), this is something nice/positive to know for a change: https://www.seattlebulletin.com/new...-dao-zu-shi-attracts-animation-fans-worldwide , no matter what those anti's say... -.- MDZS is my no.1 favourite MXTX story, no matter which adaptation it is (Audio Drama, Live Action, Manhua), even when I love the novel best.

Sa76 and Vel like this.
  15. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsneeze::blobsneeze::blobsneeze:

To be honest, me also, not really like the Yi City Arc..donno why but in novel, i skip this chapter..in live action also i just go throught the episode..but i really like the scene (in Untamed) where WY said he admiring those two (XXC and Song Lan) and hope he and Lan Zhan can be like those two,travel together...as the face make by WY when he said that is so admirable :bloblove:

Sa76 likes this.
  16. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a tweet about Yibo's mid-autumn festival party shoot was exposed by fans, and he had to re-do the whole thing until early morning. So yeah, I can agree with you on how extreme some fans are. The accompanying video clip showed him hurrying into the van, surrounded by fans and I thought he looked rather angry / upset.
    Some fans really act like terrorists... :facepalm:

emm.. maybe one way to get out of this is to throw all sorts of stuff into the conversation? I've been trying to share tidbits of what I found in the internet, posting opinions, asking silly questions, acting like a ignorant fool, et cetera., to get attention from the forum here :blobsweat_2: I'm probably worse off than 90% of the population here, since I didn't (completely) read the novel and have been told off because of it. It sucks but yeah, have to suck it up coz this is a MDZS forum so you don't get recognition and reward unless you're contributing knowledge, expert opinions or goodies to the place :blobtriumph:

In other words, just act like a cheeky Wei Wuxian... :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

The 1st page has the first directory, which I read somewhere that it's already outdated, hence the 2nd directory. Where was it again, by the way... :hmm:

Damn! I forgot that Season 2 was only 8 episodes and we reached it today !!!
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

I'm holding off from watching most of MDZS S2 until the eng subs are out. My experience with the first 3 episodes were super-rushed. The dialogues were crammed with details and flashing so fast ... it's hard to catch up with poor chinese fluency :blobdizzy: At least Untamed had better pacing and I could actually take breathers and enjoy watching the scenery or oogle at handsome characters.... :blobpopcorn:

:blob_plusone:Me! I don't like Yi City arc! But I didn't read the novel part of the arc, only relied on commentaries and snippets from the novel, and the handful of episodes from The Untamed depicting this arc - does my opinion count? :blobsweat:

My impression is that Yi City arc feels like a separate story. It can stand on its own and given enough exposition (especially in The Untamed, where it only had 3? 4? episodes?) it can become a good story that will end with fangirls bawling their eyes for the characters' endings.

The main MDZS / Wangxian story can probably continue without the Yi City arc; I don't see much dependencies between the main storyline and the Yi City arc... well, except maybe the young disciples will lose out on tasting Uncle Wei's famous spicy chilli porridge and a couple of useful lessons in life.

I don't quite understand Xue Yang's role in the story (The Untamed version, not novel). He just appears early on like a WWX-wannabe (on a rooftop too!), struts his stuff as a thief/assasin and gets tangled with XXC/Song Lan, gets tied up like a mermaid, gets to kill people (any baddie can do the killing, not just Xue Yang), gets involved in a conspiracy with JGY (again, any baddie can do that), disappears for 16 years, have awesome fights in Yi City and letting LWJ/WWX show off some cool moves (also, any baddie can do that), his backstory reveal with XXC/Song Lan/A-Qing can actually be edited out (I want 3-4 episodes' worth of Wangxian in exchange!! :blobsob:), shows off his mastery with the stygian tiger amulet (anyone can do that, mayeb even that ~!@#$% Su She :blobcurse:), then dramatically dies off with a candy piece in his hands :blobcry:

Any other thoughts?

Sa76 likes this.
  17. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, well, I managed to find the link to watch the final two episodes to the donghua :cry::cry: And now after watching the last two episodes, it's sad that it has ended :cry: I wish there was more than 8 episodes, with how they handled the flashbacks, I guess this is the end to the Yiling Patriarch flashbacks, so yeah, good-bye blind fold kiss :cry:

Anyways, personally I really love how the donghua gave us an addition to Wangxian, where they've met when they were young, and the thought that Wei Ying have come to love playing with Rattle drum is because it originates to something Lan Zhan gave him when they were little just makes me :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: It was a very nice/welcome addition to the donghua! :blobicecreamlove: It was also cute/adorable how Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan to get the rattle drum toy for him, even after so many years, and seeing how Lan Zhan answering to all Wei Ying's request is just so him! :bloblove:

It's a nice way to end Season 2 I guess. I hope Season 3, we will get more present plot-developments there. Until next year, I guess???

Well, I personally really love that arc on my end, because it tells the story about important characters, like Xue Yang, Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan, and A-Qing. Also, because I love seeing Wei Ying being a senior/teacher teaching the juniors and his interactions with the juniors, how can I not love it? That whole arc was so good in the novel, that I was actually disappointed how they watered down so much of this in the live-action, it was underwhelming compared to the novel. Wei Ying summoning of the painted eyes, Wei Ying controlling the Necro Brawlers, that whole scene was super cool in the novel, it's really sad that fans who never read the novel, will not know how cool/awesome this scene is in the novel.

I guess it just really depends on one's preference I guess. For me personally, I love this arc on my end. I will read it again in a heart-beat because I welcome any Wei Ying and the Junior moments on my end <3 Sure I love seeing Wangxian too, but Wangxian is just one of the many things I love about MDZS. MDZS have a lot of characters that is fun to read too. Another reason why I love that arc in the novel is because it shows some bonding time between Wei Ying and Jin Ling as well as Wei Ying and Sizhui <3 And some funny and nice Wangxian moments, coming from Wei Ying, and a certain Wangxian shipper through the comments he made (lol, not going to spoil here), but was completely cut out in the live-action, though I'm not sure if the donghua would too *sigh*

AI Xin and Sa76 like this.
  18. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the novel and several adaptations of MDZS finished or almost finished, I am intrigued to discover another xianxia novel.

Can someone recommend xianxia novels translated into English (or French if French speakers read me), please?
    Preferably finished or near the end, or even translated regularly.

JinseihaBangumi likes this.
  19. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    To kinda celebrate the ending of all bts'es of The Untamed and MDZS donghua S2.. I'll throw these questions out to the floor and any interested takers please just reply and make this forum livelier :blob_grin:
    Multiple replies with even with different opinions, especially after watching / re-watching the series, are perfectly OKAY.

~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~
    1. Name your Top 3 best moments in The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling) or MDZS donghua S2, and why (i.e. how did you react, how did you feel, what are your thoughts, did it change your life? :blobjoy: etc.).
    "Honorable mentions" are OK, so feel free to describe more than 3 moments because yeah we're all crazy fans so it's perfectly fine :blobhighfive:
    ~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~

~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~
    2. Name your Top 3 disliked moments in The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling) or MDZS donghua S2, and why
    Again, "honorable mentions" are OK if you have strong negative feelings because we're all entitled to critique the show and I think no one here particularly pays attention. Assume no consequences and that your opinions are anonymous.
    ~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~

~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~
    3. How would you describe yourself as a character (or characters) from The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling) or MDZS donghua S2, and why
    Pick one or several traits of these characters, relate to how you act/react in real life - and be proud that the character lives in you in this world :blob_pompom:
    Add on juicy bits from the bts scenes of The Untamed, if you feel that will complete your biography too :blobrofl:
    ~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~@@@~~~

20. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    ... and like WWX in the live-action series, I've asked and will answer my own question too. *rolls eyes*:blobamused:

Top 3 best moments:
    1. Towards the end of eps 2 of The Untamed, when Wei Ying's back bumped against Lan Zhan while he was playing his flute to control Wen Ning. Oh god, the "boom" sound, the gasp and shock, the wrist grab, the whoosh of turning around to see WHO, then the LOOK into each other's eyes. I nearly had a heart attack, and this was my first true Wangxian moment in the series. I re-watched this scene many times, it's still the best for me!:blob_pompom:

2. The sad opening scene at eps 1. I cried when the music played, Wei Ying threw himself off the cliff, Lan Zhan barely caught him (Oh My Lord those bloody bleeding fingers), that desperate look in Lan Zhan's face, Wei Ying saying "let me go". Then at the end of the flashback, I cried again when the scene played once more, this time with a more tragic twist.

Jiang Cheng, ni qu shi ba !!! How dare you !!! *throws knives*:blob_thor:

3. The scene where Wei Ying woke up after falling unconscious from Jin Ling's stab, and Lan Zhan pulled his shirt open to check on the bandaged wound at the waist. I was like "YES MY LAN BOYYY IS MOLESTING HIS BOYYYFRIEND":blobnosebleed:, and was then promptly disappointed when nothing else happened.:blobcry:

Honorable mentions:
    - Xuanwu cave, where Wei Ying pretended to strip to make Lan Zhan vomit blood. Not so much about Wei Ying pulling off his inner robes (because no naked skin was shown), but because stoic Lan Zhan vomits blood so beautifully. Almost as good as the brief scene when he received his 33 back whiplashing.:blob_coughblood:

- The scene where Wei Ying sat by the man-made pond in the Wen village (Burial mounds), trying to plant lotus, while A-Yuan played nearby. He had his pants rolled up and for the first time, I could see his sexy legs. It felt like a major reveal because we never got to see men's naked legs throughout the series, and this one time they showed, I actually noticed Wei Ying's rather hairy legs at my first watching. That led me to wonder if Lan Zhan's body was baby-smooth shaven or hairy as well. It's a mystery that will never be solved, sadly.:blobrofl:

- Piggyback ride scene. Just because. I was giggling when watching it, and was pleasantly surprised when fans micro-zoomed to show that yes, the actors were also giggling during that part, and so confirms my belief that the whole fandom was giggling away too.:blob_grin:

- Jiang Cheng's awesome dishevelled crying face when he was tied up in the boat with his siblings and sent away by his parents for safety from the Wen attack. I was so happy it became a meme later on.:blobok:

- Wen Ning running with a "zooooom" sound effect when Wei Ying called him to help sell the radishes (at Wen village, burial mounds). Such a cute puppy, and an awesome Ghost General.:blobReach:

- Lan Sizhui's reveal in eps 50!!! When he knelt down and hugged Mommy!Wei Ying's leg!!! I've only spent a few hours of my real-life getting to know A-Yuan and later, Sizhui.. and yet, those 5 seconds reduced me to a pool of tears because a child-parent bond is such a powerful theme for me. :aww:

Top 3 dislikes:
    1. Su She. Period.:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

2. Yi City arc. I've described before, it feels out of place and for a non-novel fan, it's a waste of time (and precious episodes better spent with Wangxian moments).:blobconfused:

3. Wen Ruohan flirting with his wifey. Uggh, typical one-dimensional villian with his harem. Also, that flashback scene of JGS being mobbed by prostitutes and eventually died during the reveal by the 2 ladies at Lotus Pier. NOT IN FRONT OF MY WANGXIAN SALAD, THANK YOU.:blob_pout:

Honorable mentions:
    - Bad visual effects. Notably the fake mechanic dog-monster when Wei Ying was captured, imprisoned and tortured by the Wens. The Turtle-monster in Xuanwu cave was not too bad though.:facepalm:

- Early on, there was a scene where Lan Zhan and Wei Ying travelled together to start solving the Yin Metal mystery, and were caught in a misty (smoky?) part in the forest. The mist was supposed to make people confused and lose each other, but the couple were standing back-to-back, and seeing Wei Ying calling out to Lan Zhan repeatedly WHEN IT IS SO OBVIOUS HE'S STANDING BEHIND YOU, with the camera spinning round and round... it's so funny that it's not funny anymore.:notlikeblob:

Describing myself as character(s):
    I think I'm more of a Wei Wuxian because I also believe in justice for the good and to protect the minority / less-priviledged / the discriminated, and help people. I like to make self-deprecating jokes and generally have a positive and happy outlook, likes to please others, make people comfortable and provide a happy and joyful environment for everyone, can easily let go of past especially trivial grudges, can get emotional too, can complain if I feel unsatisfied or offended, like to joke and tease friends, sometimes flirting with younger 'uns... I also tend to hold in my sufferings, which I know is bad for mental health but maybe it's a kind of hero-complex, that I prefer to solve my own problems and not burden others... relating to XZ, I used to and still like to pick up critters from the ground and scare away those who are squeamish. Grasshoppers are cute!!:blobjoy:

I also have a bit of Lan Wangji, in terms of being not-so-tolerant of nonsense especially when my patience is running out. Relating to WYB, I guess one thing I can pick out is how quiet and awestruck I become when someone sitting beside me talks a lot and talks well. I'm a bit of an introvert and generally avoid being in the spotlight among strangers, so talking freely and openly is not something I'm good at.:blobsleepless:

There's that bit of Jiang Cheng, since I can get emotional and do explode out when things get bottled up too much. I don't want to burden others with my own troubles (WWX-like), but I have a tipping point too when things get too stressful.:blob_blush:

Sad to say, I also have a streak of Jin Guangyao in me. At times, I find myself subtly manipulating others for my own benefit. You know, playing dirty politics, very subtle bullying and all that psychology crap to get my endgame even if it means someone's gonna get emotionally (not physically) hurt along the way. I can blame everyone else for this - my family, some nasty back-stabbing colleagues, my work environment where office-politics are plentiful, et cetera...but that's also what JGY does, doesn't he?:blobnobully:

Chibi WangXian and Sa76 like this.