Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of fanfiction do you like the most? About MDZS of course.

I saw the time travel is well appreciated.
    The arranged marriage before Wei Wuxian's death as well!
    The ones were one of them (mostly Lan Wangji) is the Emperor
    The childhood friend trope

These are just a few examples though.

2. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amazing.. even now I continue to find little interesting bits in twitter about CQL Untamed such as never-seen-before bts clips and shaky cams. I get the feeling that the people who worked on the show's production (e.g. filming crew, etc.) are releasing all their secret stashes from their phones. They're really small insignificant stuff, but just seeing some things from a different angle, or blurry shots, kinda keeps the "fire" alive :aww:

There are a couple of people in twitter releasing "awful" pics of Xiao Zhan from his younger and probably wilder days. And some XZ fans are asking others to block these people. CQL Untamed and MDZS hastags everywhere. Wow. :facepalm:

Waaah thank you! :aww: Yes I will definitely share the rest.

I've seen fanarts of LWJ trying to do WWX upside down... but I still cannot find the right one, and I still cannot imagine how it can be done!:blobnosebleed:

And the biting! I think it's just his very visceral way of expressing all his pent-up emotions... frustration, upset, anger, need, etc. without saying anything. Is this a sign of dominance? :blobfearful:

Ok, I've sent you the link :blobokhand:

3. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    That too. I also think is his way of 'marking' him :blobjoy: or he wants to make sure that he is real and leaves proof all over his body hahahaha

It might be dominance with the way he ties him up.

I'm surprised there's not a lot of bdsm fanfiction about these two. One can easily use Lan Wangji's fetish and Wei Wuxian's strong dislike of being spanked. That would be a great way of punishment hahaha

4. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom's getting all heated and bothered as she's reaching the end of her CQL Untamed watch. Comments for episodes from end 30's to early 40's. Non-MDZS and non-BL perspective, of course:

• After Yi City, the part about LZ buying wine and LJY's Chicken wing scene unfortunately flew past without much notice. Wen Ning hanging upside down scared my mom a bit (his hair is so long, she said). The rest of the wrap-up of Yi City arc is kinda meh for her.

• The MXY / WWX switches that happen after that is quite confusing. Sometimes there's the mask on, sometimes not, sometimes not needed.... aah :blobdizzy:Sometimes acting silly, sometimes serious (especially with LZ around), sometimes just :blobawkward: because you can't really see his facial expressions behind that super-thick mask.

• There's quite a lot of dialogue coming from JGY and LXC in some parts, so I didn't really follow their conversations. But my mom is practically glued to the screen coz she (correctly) guessed that "the endgame is near". This is where chinese-fluent viewers get the upper hand. She tells me that there's more and more "side-stories" & new characters which is making the whole show very intense, chaotic, interesting but also very "squeezed". :blob_plusone: for very tight plot and keeping the audience teetering in suspense!

• More of MXY's background is revealed e.g. he harassed JGY's wife. There's more appreciation of MXY (instead of just a madman from eps 1-2), and how he is (eventually) involved in the grand scheme of things. :blob_plusone: for the guy who died so forgettably in the first 15 mins just so that we can see WWX's life, from 16 years before, and 16 years after!

• Adventures of Paperman! My mom thought it was cute, and since she gets Wangxian, she "got it" when the paperman blew kisses and tried to pull LZ's headband :blobokhand: NMJ's backstory was alright, because now we got to see things from the victim's perspective and not just NHS's. My mom already has a biased view of JGY, she didn't quite emphatize his backstory with the Nie's. Things got intense when JGY chased after paperman, my mom was gripping the edge of her seat.

• :blob_plusone: for good portrayal of good friendship between LXC and JGY, though I wished my mom picked up stronger signals to ship those two.. but "good friends" is fine. She's impressed with LXC's character and his control of the situation - despite being pitted against the Wangxian pair, he still supports them (even helped to hide WWX after he was injured from JL's stab), even listens to what WWX says during the investigations of the bad musical piece. :blob_plusone: to the scriptwriters and LHK for delivering LXC's personality so well.

• MXY revealed as Yiling Patriach, Escape from the Koi tower (a.k.a. the couple's elope) - Wangxian ship fliiiies through the air! My mom giggled (!!!) when LZ grabbed WWX's wrist to escape the Jin's - she knows that LZ has all the super-human abilities of flying and OP sword skills, while WWX doesn't... she keeps saying that "LZ is really good at using his sword to protect WWX" :aww:
      For a while, she was confused about SuiBian coz she couldn't remember why only WWX could pull it out, why it was kept with the Jin's, why doesn't WWX wield SuiBian like how LZ swings his BiChen etc. Overall, a bit confusing over sword lore, I guess.:blobunsure:

• The part about 'walking the dark path is not bad' - :blob_plusone: because my mom smiled very widely when LZ said those words. At this point, I asked if LZ is the perfect boyfriend for doing all those heroic stuff for WWX... she Mm-hmms :blobokhand:

• Jin Ling stabs his uncle! - Very mixed feelings about this part. There's no way to say whether what he did was right or wrong. She loudly wishes in front of the TV that JL will one day call WWX "jiu jiu" too.:blobupset:

• My mom was bothered by whether WWX had a fever from the stab wound... I asked why coz it's not a very important scene... she said "well because LZ used that same pointing-finger magic on the forehead to bring down the fever during that Tortoise Cave (Xuan wu) incident 16 years ago". Wow! She is really CONNECTING the dots and remembers even the smaller details...!:blobxd:

• Back to the Jingshi, WWX wakes up and the first thing my mom said was "Why is he wearing WHITE UNDERGARMENTS because he never wears WHITE other than the student arc 16 years ago". I'm like, Cool, You noticed that, and Have you wondered how he got those WHITE UNDERGARMENTS?
      Then she answered IS IT LAN ZHAN'S? COZ LAN ZHAN WEARS WHITE INSIDE AND OUT :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:
      And the next minutes or so, my mom kept muttering HE'S WEARING LAN ZHAN'S UNDERWEAR AND WALKING ALL OVER JINGSHI AND OH WOW ZE WU JUN VISITS AND HE IS STILL WEARING HIS LITTLE BROTHER'S UNDERWEAR IN FRONT OF HIM... :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
      :blob_plusone: to the scriptwriters or costume planners for this really good scene.

Besides that, mom commented that WWX is "very very thin and no muscles", especially when LZ opened the shirt to check on the stab wound. Without those outer robes, yeah, we agreed that WWX is very thin indeed.

• Investigation of the bad musical piece (sorry I forgot the english name) - this one's dialogue and flashback-heavy, so my mom got it, I didn't. She commented that the 1st part of the song (which is her favourite, even more than Wu Ji) is really nice, and the 2nd part of the song (the "bad part") sounded japanese. :hmm:

Side note: I purposely pointed out to her that WWX was still wearing the white undergarments below the black robe (naughty me :blobowoevil_horns:). She said that he looks normal now that he's back in black, and she hopes his original undergarments will be washed or repaired soon because "he can't always borrow Lan Zhan's underwear":blobcheeky:

WWX is very clever to solve the mystery on his own, she remarked "why are the Lans so stupid? Can't they figure out the music problem themselves? Aren't they the experts with the musical pieces?" (at the scenes where LZ and LXC basically stood around and do nothing and absorbed everything that WWX says) :blobcry:

• Ze Wu Jun and WWX in front of Jingshi, reveal of the origins of LZ's back scars and his early years - this part was SAD. Mom shed a few tears for both stories.
      Story about the back scars - first reaction was: that's why Lan Zhan didn't look for WWX for 3 years after he fell off the cliff! (tears)
      Story about the early years - basically tearing up all the way after the "he didn't understand why the door wouldn't open and he couldn't go into the building"
      :blob_plusone: to the scriptwriters. Thank you for showing us touching scenes about LZ too.

LZ bringing two jars of Emperor's Smile !!! Mom was like "What's that?! What's that?!" (very hyped for a 60-year old, leans close to the screen and adjust her glasses and try to read the writings on the jars)
      She giggled when I told her the name. And she was like "He's pouring a cup! He's really pouring a cup! Is it for himself?? Is he going to drink it?!" (she gets excited now that she's seen what drunk LZ can do)
      No mom, just watch, please.
      Then, she saw him pouring a cup of hot tea.
      See mom? LZ brought the wine, pours one cup for Wei Ying, and pours a cup of tea for himself. They sit down together and he gives the cup with wine to Wei Ying.
      Then she "awwwww, that's so sweet of LZ" :blobokhand:
      I swear, my mom really gets the Wangxian-ness over very normal scenes such as a couple of guys having a drink together at home.:blobparty:

• Wangxian looking at the snowy night. They get all nostalgic and pour their feelings for one another. My mom understood everything even during the "heart-to-heart" parts. Her summary: Everything is alright as long as even one person believes in WWX, and that's LZ.
      I told her that this is basically their love confession for one another, coz can you hear the Wu Ji song playing in the background? She just "yeah"s :bloblove:
      :blob_plusone: for a very nicely done scene. The snow looked real, my mom asked if Wei Ying should go in soon because he's gonna get cold and covered with snow. She's so concerned of WWX now :blobpats:

• Departure from Cloud Recesses and to Burial Mounds: I was whooping with excitement to see how she reacts to the donkey-riding scene. Her first reaction (shortly before they left Cloud Recesses) was OMG it's Xiao Ping Guo! And she laughs when animals stick close to LZ but avoids WWX.
    Then comes the iconic scene.. ahhh, her attention kept going back to the donkey:
    Why is WWX riding the donkey? Why won't both of them ride the donkey?
    No mom, LZ is pulling the donkey so that WWX can ride on it while playing the flute.​
    Why does LZ need to pull the donkey? Can't he just hop on as well?
    Err.. mom, the donkey is a little small. Besides, let's talk about how LZ is like a hubby pulling the donkey with the wife on it...​
    (ignores) Both of them should ride the donkey. It's faster that way.
    *auuuugh!* :blobpensive:
    Oh hey, do you hear the music that WWX is playing now? LZ said he wrote it. (then LZ refused to tell WWX the name of the song)​
    Oh, is that the Wu Ji song?
    Yes.. er, no, it's called Wangxian​
    But you said earlier it's Wu Ji.
    *auuuuugh!!* :blobpensive::blobpensive:
    • Mian Mian, we meet again!: Wangxian moment of LZ handing WWX the money totally flew under the radar. But my mom picked up one of her lines about how "Wei gong zi saved my life long ago" because she remembered how WWX took the Wen brand on his chest in place of Mian Mian (from Wen Chao's mistress). :blobwoah:

• Wen Ning is so cute!: :blob_plusone: Yu Bin, my mom says you're cute even if you're covered with mud and grass.

• Brief flashback about Wen village was kinda sad, especially the bit about A-yuan. I'm watching my mom closely. :blobsleepless:

• What follows is a bunch of action scenes and dialogue-heavy parts which kept my mom's interest up. She liked how WWX is "so smart" to be able to figure out the problems, but disliked how everyone else is "stupid" (like her comments during the investigation of the bad musical piece).
      :blob_plusone: for portrayal of Wen Ning the 2nd superhero (after LZ)
      :blob_plusone: for very clear message that LZ is standing beside WWX and not even LQR can separate them.
      :blob_plusone: for making the young ones so spirited that they dare to fight the fierce corpses, and later, defy their parents' words
      :blobunsure: strangely, she didn't suspect Su She until the reveal. Apparently, she's getting used to everyone dissing WWX so an extra-nasty person like Su She didn't quite stand out :blob_pout:
      :blobconfounded: unfortunately the growing number of hints about LSZ and how his reveal is coming soon - flew past by
      :blobReach: when WWX decided to write a giant blood talisman on himself to attract the fierce corpses so that he & LZ fight while the rest can escape - immediate reaction: He's stripping in front of everyone and OH HE'S STILL WEARING LAN ZHAN'S UNDERWEAR :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
      :blobokhand: for the WWX + LZ vs fierce corpses. The teamwork between the couple is not clear, but she gets it that WWX is protecting everyone and finally everyone sees that he's really doing a good deed (which should silence those naysayers about stuff that happened 16 years ago). Bless bless bless, sigh of relief.

• At the pier - FINALLY THE HEARTBREAKING SCENE. I didn't want to mess this up, so I gave every detail to my mom, blow by blow with every dialogue line. Like, how WN looked at LSZ, why he is asking about LSZ's name and origin, why he shows the butterfly toy and look what LSZ took out from his pockets. And what WN asked to call LSZ.
      Absolutely divinely tearjerking session follows :blob_teary::blobokhand::blob_teary::blobokhand::blob_teary::blobokhand: :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
      Mom is as wrecked as when Shijie died. Had to stop for a while, get a drink of water and digest the scene again, before pressing the "play" button.
      My only regret is that JL spoiled the reunion, but it figures... :blobfrowning:

• Return to Lotus Pier: I didn't pay much attention to this part in my first watch. My mom understood the conversations and picked up some key messages:
      It was a bit sad to see WN not going in, but thankfully LSZ accompanied him (a few light tears shed there)...
      WWX not being allowed into the main hall (some sad "awwww" moments there because: He's back home right? He's not allowed in by JC, right? That's so .. sad!)...
    Then when finally everyone is in and the ladies arrive... I guess that will be for my next and maybe final sharing of comments from a non-MDZS and non-BL viewer :blobsmirk:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    YaoiMom22 likes this.
  5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh.. bad Lan Zhan, always biting your Wei Ying!

Wei Ying is scared of dogs chasing and biting him, and yet he's got this big one next to him :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Is there any mention about Wei Ying tending to the bites? Such as him or Lan Zhan giving some kind of ointment or something? Aftercare is important... :blobsmilehappyeyes:

BDSM!! Ah, that would be interesting! What does Lan Zhan tie up Wei Ying with? Ropes? Surely not the headband, I hope... at least in CQL Untamed, the headband looks really thin and flimsy.

Why does WWX dislike being spanked? I thought it was because he feels embarassed (as a formerly straight man) to be spanked at the butt like a child, but I could be wrong...

6. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there's any mention of aftercare, about that stuff anyway.

But Lan Wangji takes care of Wei Wuxian. He bathes him when he is too sleepy to do it himself, cooks for him and all these stuff :blobjoy:

It's exactly the headband/forehead ribbon! In the novel it's said to be made of fine material so it kind of resists.

About the spanking. Yes, he feels extremely embarrassed but not because he was a straight man. Is because he was never hit there before. Even Madam Yu never hit him there so he is not used to it. He even made Lan Wangji promise to never do it again. A shame really since he is adorable in that posture hahahahaha

7. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to point out that the live action makes them look stupid.

They are not.

I'll explain how the things went in the novel.

- Wei Wuxian woke up after being stabbed.
    -He played the tune he heard from Jin GuangYao.
    -Both Lan XiChen and Lan Wangji figured out that a section of the song is wrong and Lan Wangji pointed that out.
    - They went to the room of forbidden books at Lan XiChen's instructions.
    - They searched through the books. Wei Wuxian got bored and Lan Wangji (being the good soon to be husband) took his share of books and continued in his stead
    - He said that he found it.
    - Wei Wuxian didn't figure it out at first even after Lan Wangji pointed it out because the pages didn't coincide with the tune he had played.
    - Then a moment later he looked better and noticed that a page was missing.
    - he played the tune, confirmed that the song didn't have continuity, asked a few questions that Lan XiChen answered and figured out what was going on

I'm sure Lan Wangji figured out at the same time with Wei Wuxian.

As for Lan XiChen, he didn't want to believe that Jin GuangYao would do something like that. And I think he figured it out too before Wei Wuxian pointed it out, he just wanted to be in denial.

The Lans are far from stupid. They don't spend their entire life learning for nothing. Especially Lan Wangji. We see him numerous times in instances where he already knows what Wei Wuxian knows. Even more sometimes.

It's like the scene with the cave all over again when the Wen's attacked Cloud Recesses :blobjoy:

8. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I think it's a possession thing mixed with pent up emotions. Just remember the tortious of slaughter cave.

LWJ scolds WWX for getting the brand mark because it will be there forever. WWX argues that it's fine since it creates a memory he won't forget for saving the girl and he's man so a scar is fine.

I think LWJ wants to leave marks that will be with him forever that will always remind WWX of him.
    The only time aftercare is mentioned is after their first kiss when they got back from yi city. LWJ had tied up WWX hands with his forehead ribbon very tightly. He was buried and red around his wrists the next morning so LWJ put ointment on him.

As for the spanking, I gathered that LWJ didn't like it. It was simply too shocking and embarrassing. Also, LWJ is very strong and put too much strength into the spanks.

I'm really glad you mentioned this because I'm almost to the chapter where LXC tells WWX how LWJ got his scars. He's makes a statement during this that WWX is the only mistake LWJ ever made.

This angers me so much because I find LXC to be a hypothetic right here having no grounds to say such a thing. He's speaking to WWX like he is the evil person everyone says and tainted his brother like everyone thinks. Look at the situation you're in right then.

The real evil is Yao whom you chose to keep by your side going as far as to be sworn brothers. You always gave him the benefit of the doubt, you never investigating or took seriously the accusations your other sworn brother made (making excuses for him as far as I see it), and you even helped him unknowingly kill your other sworn brother but you're going to stand there and say WWX is the bad guy and a mistake. Seriously!?!

I find LXC to be the actual one in the wrong, making the mistake and being naive. LWJ was always able to see past others bull_hit to their character and intentions. He did love WWX but that never stopped him from still scolding him and he didn't make excuses for him.

I see WWX influence on him helpful. LWJ was able to understand that right and wrong were not black and and white like his sect believes and to consider other explanations for how good can be accomplished. He never denied the wrongs WWX committed by he also knew his intentions were good and he was standing for the right things.

He never put up with the political crap of sect business; avoiding it when he could because he found it ridiculous. He also saw through it all. He would rather immerse himself in things that were a better use of his time.

LXC had to be involved in these things as the next sect leader but he mostly stayed neutral and even seem to go with the flow in many cases since it was what the other sect had decided and he needed to do his part as I see it.

To call WWX a mistake is so ridiculous of him given the friend he always held high who was the actual mistake. He was the one who wasn't a good judge of character.

Side note- Another married couple that's even more confusing to me is LWJ parents. His mom didn't feel the same way as his father. Also, he locked himself away from his wife and locked his wife up.

This was supposed to be a punishment and repentance. He would never be with his wife to enjoy their marriage and she would be punished for killing his teacher.

Yet, even though it was to keep himself away from her, they still got together to make kids. I'm guessing duty again to produce and heir but then they wouldn't have needed to get together again since they had a boy the first time. Maybe LWJ was insurance just in case their first some died? I just find their situation very confusing and contradictory.

And then some help please. I have had the incense burner fan art downloaded since last year. It's 28 pages and for some reason, I'm missing two pages. I went to search for the missing pages but all I was finding were the 26 pages.

When I did find the two missing pages, they were jumbled and not translated. Does anyone have the download for the completed fan art?

9. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love Arranged Marriage fics! Specially the ones full of angst, and misunderstandings with sugar sweet ending :):) The more misunderstandings, the better it is.

Basically I read fanfics based on authors; I'll read anything written by Shinocchi for instance. She never goes too OOC even though she writes AU's. Another author I like a lot is Rikke. For Yizhan fanfics, I follow gdgdbaby. I also sometimes like Omegaverse stories (I assume everyone here is of legal age lol;)) as long as they don't stray too far from their characterizations.

All rounded off, I like fanfics with the highest number comments per chapter, they usually tend to be with awesome characterizations and great depth in storytelling. The biggest problem in reading fanfiction is sometimes authors just create this amazing new Universe and abandon it midway, and after investing so much time in reading 100000+ words per chapter, it feels totally empty.

I would like to read fanfics based on Wangxian student days in Gusu, but hardly found any :(

10. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no! Exr changed their website. The colors all different. I don't like it.

11. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you wanted to say WWX didn't like it. Or you really meant LWJ? If so, he was really into it hahaha

WWX too. He said that even if he whined and told him to stop it didn't actually hurt. I just re-read the chapter so I'm sure of it.

Extracts from the extra
    The more he thought about it, (about how no one slapped him before) the more he couldn’t keep going. Even half his backside was still stinging. He quickly shouted, “I’m not doing it anymore!” And rolled to the side, off of Lan WangJi’s body. (That's so cute lmao, I told you he is adorable like this)

Dragging two limp legs, he struggled to crawl away, searching for his trousers. Lan WangJi was in the middle of arousal. Besides, he’d been squeezed and pinched and flicked and kissed and touched and threatened by Wei WuXian for such a long time. He was filled to the brim by an unspeakable rage. Having suddenly discovered that Wei WuXian was especially scared of others hitting him on the buttocks, how could he let go of him so easily? He waved his hand, and the trousers that Wei WuXian had just pulled up to his knees immediately tore into pieces. Lan WangJi flipped his whole person over, locked his wrists behind his back, and landed another heavy hit on the snowy flesh.

Alongside the crisp sound, Wei WuXian’s entire body trembled. He wailed, “It hurts!”

It didn’t actually hurt. It was only just so unbearably embarrassing.

---

He knew Lan WangJi had always been aggressive in bed, and he’d always loved his aggression. Yet, this was the first time he was forced into such a corner.

^ this is why I said it would be a very good way of punishing. He is not exactly hating it, but doesn't love it enough hahaha

I would like to comment on every single line of this chapter, but it would be too much haha

I agree and disagree somehow.

Lan XiChen is indeed too naive to be a sect leader to be honest! He blindly trusts people for showing him kindness. He always stays neutral. Now that I think about it, he really was always by Jin GuangYao's side and never on Nie Mingjue. Maybe because they were much closer. Remember that Jin GuangYao saved him, washed his clothes etc. Would Lan XiChen had survived without his help? Who really knows. I can see why he is closer to Jin GuangYao, but it still pissed me off that Nie Mingjue is so neglected.

Lan Wangji paid close attention to Wei Wuxian. And not only to him. I think he would have seen through all the bull_hit going on even if it wasn't Wei Wuxian.

That's what I like about him. He sees the whole picture and doesn't judge before having all the conclusions.

Although he too blindly trusts Wei Wuxian. However he saw what kind of person he is and how many sacrificies he made.

I wonder how he would act if Wei Wuxian was indeed a bad person.

Coming back to Lan XiChen. I don't know if calling him a mistake was because he really believed it or because his brother suffered so much thanks to Wei Wuxian. I think in that scene speaks the anger out of him. I don't deny the fact that he too might find Wei Wuxian a bad guy like the rest. But I think that scene was more than that. I think it was on a personal level for hurting his precious little brother.

He witnessed Lan Wangji getting rejected over and over again, after he turned his back against the world to take Wei Wuxian out of the battlefield. And turned against his sect to defend him.

Lan XiChen has his flaws. And it's kind of reassuring since at first glance he might seem to be 'perfect.'

Yes! I thought about it too! I thought about a plausible explanation on why they would make two kids if she didn't like him and was forced to stay there?!

Maybe the father forced her? Although I kind of doubt it...

I would have loved to hear more about this from MXTX.

But from what Lan XiChen said she was a kind mother. She liked to tease Lan Wangji a lot. Maybe she didn't hate the father either? Maybe she was grateful for protecting her after killing the teacher? Although I don't understand why she would do that since she seemed to be kind.

If she did it to protect herself or because the teacher was in the wrong wouldn't the Lan Sect be right and let her go unpunished since she would be the victim?

There's a lot of stuff I can't connect here.

But hey. If it's told right, I'm sure there's a way to for it to make sense. Somehow.

I wish to hear more opinions about this!

I read from those authors too! They are not in top for nothing. Every hint, kudos and comment is well deserved!

Yes! I wish there were more fanfics about WangXian in Cloud recesses and how their relationship would develop from there. My thirst is bigger since they didn't hit it off in those days and had to wait a death and a reincarnation! They were innocent and happy. :blob_teary:

Me neither. They changed it in the past too, but always came back to the original. Hope this time is the same.

12. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I meant WWX didn't care for it haha.

That makes sense. I didn't consider that. Yeah, you're right. Angry at how his brother was rejected and the pain he suffered because he stood by WWX and all that.

I get his anger over what his brother went through but at the same time, it's not fair to WWX to blame him for his actions back then when he didn't have a clue what LWJ felt for him and was also out of his mind with grief. How could he even consider anything else.

LWJ also could never explain himself that he was trying to help WWX so he always misunderstood and thought it was to imprison him. What was he supposed to think?

Maybe the scolding is fair after he came back and LWJ stayed with him and did so much for him that is was more obvious his feelings.

That's a fair argument about being close and wether he would have survived being on the run if it wasn't for him. How did Yao and him even cross paths. Everything seems calculated to the extreme by Yao like he could see the future and be perfectly placed in all the right situations to get the outcomes he need.

I also agree that NM didn't get fair treatment. He was written off for his bad temper and that was used to explain his behavior as unreasonable and paranoid.

Poor guy. He was right the whole time. Yao got ride of him because he was the only one that could see through him.

I hope it's changed back. I can't enlarge the font now and I can't change the background color because the two links on the sides of the page cover up parts of the paragraphs. It's super annoying.

13. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link

That is true. Who can blame him? The guy really reached the end of his wits.

Lan Wangji did try to explain to him at first. He told him that he didn't want to denounce him or imprison him and Wei Wuxian immediately assumed that he wanted to get rid of the way he cultivates.

At this, Lan Wangji just fuelled his suspicions by telling him the dark path will really take a toll on him. If only he would have been more clear with his words and tell him like idk: "I don't want to make you get rid of the dark path, but help you keep it under control because I love you you oblivious idiot" :blob_teary::blob_teary:

After finding out that Lan Wangji thought Wei Wuxian knew about his feelings through the entire time they spend together I felt like dying. I can't imagine what the poor guy felt!!!

It seems like it, but surely he couldn't predict that. I think it was a lucky coincidence and he took advantages of the situation. About Wei Wuxian too when he killed Jin ZiXuan. At most, I think he convinced
    Su She
    to use the curse and the rest just worked on its own. You can't predict human's actions after all.

And Jin GuangYao said once that even if Wei Wuxian didn't kill Jin ZiXuan then, he would still find his demise one way or another. And I think that's true... seeing how things worked out for him so far.

14. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Comments and reactions from a non-MDZS and non-BL viewer, Eps 46:

• The reveal by the 2 ladies about JGS's fate and JGY's evil deeds were kinda meh. Important, but not so impactful because (1) JGS is admittedly a forgettable character (notable comment: why does he always run away when there's a sword fight? - refer to Nightless City event before WWX died, (2) JGY is pretty much already implicated as the final boss and the mastermind, so this only served to put the final nail to the coffin. :blobneutral:

• The discussion at the Lotus Pier main hall: again, WWX seems to be able to unravel everything and the mystery about JGY solved itself through people talking among each other.. sometimes rather unexpectedly (e.g. someone suddenly brought up about Xue Yang and wow everyone finds the answer by connecting Stygian tiger amulet with JGY). Overall comment: mysteries are solved too easily through talk, talk, talk.:blobthumbsdown: on plot quality there.

• Something my mom noticed - between JC's discovery of MXY/WWX's identity, and up until the events in the Lotus Pier main hall, it seems JC is absolutely like a "constipated wooden stump" (read that in chinese, omg.. :blobpensive:). He just doesn't do anything, makes really uncomfortable facial expressions and all that. Ahhh!:facepalm:

• :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: for Lan Zhan's very visible signs of caring, protecting and becoming the hubby to WWX. My mom notices all the wrist grabs, shoulder grabs, and all sorts of grabs. :blobokhand: to scriptwriters and Yibo, from getting LZ promoted from "the girlfriend (女朋友)
      ", then to "the boyfriend (男朋友)", and now officially known as "the husband (丈夫)". Even LZ shows more meaningful facial expressions now compared to, say, 10-20 episodes ago.

• Paying respects to the Jiang parents and Shijie: Kinda meh. At this point, my mom was like... is WWX going to go through another sad flashback AGAIN?... I think there should be a limit to how much flashbacks the director should allow, and how many times they can milk the sadness/hopeless feelings of "the loss of Shijie / family" scenes :blobunamused:

• JC appears, disses his gege and also gege's hubby: The first part where JC says nasty stuff about WWX was kinda expected, so no reaction there:blobneutral: But when JC says stuff about LZ and "cross the lines", my mom "woots" for WWX to defend the hubby, and for hubby to defend the wifey. Bring in more family drama and have more families get involved! Jiangs vs. Lans :blobtriumph:

• Again, I really didn't want my mom to mess up the VERY IMPORTANT NEXT SCENE, so I was sitting by her side and giving her details and explanations as each dialogue line comes out (yes I'm that crazy).
      Glorious, tearjerking moment, rated as good as when Wen Ning finds A-Yuan, and Shijie's final moments :blob_teary::blobparty::blob_teary::blobparty::blob_teary::blobparty: (it's very conflicting, I know !!!). Had to empty a pack of pocket tissues there!!! :blobsneeze:

:blob_plusone: to Yubin for delivering Wen Ning's lines and intentions very well with visible emotion (rarely seen, because he was always acting like a clown)
      :blob_plusone: to Xiao Zhan because YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL when you became pale, and nosebleed and fainted into LZ's arms. My mom said she really felt WWX's pain there, and so beautifully expressed there.
      :blobokhand: for Yibo's Lan Zhan's tears. Even the normally unemotional face, when set with a serious look at that moment, felt really sad. My mom guessed that Lan Zhan's tears are from artificial eyedrops, while WWX's are real because XZ's eyes are puffed up during those scenes. Wow, I didn't even know that. :blobwoah:
      :aww: to WZC's really expressive crying / disbelief / refusal face for JC. We thought it made him look older, and why not, he should finally grow up and face the truth of his golden core!!
      I felt there were a bit too many dialogues going on, but for a chinese-fluent viewer like my mom, it was just perfect. So, :blob_plusone: to the scriptwriters for balancing emotion/drama vs. dialogue lines.
      Just a bit of a downside - the flashback to JC's exchange of golden core with WWX took place very long ago, like 20+ episodes ago... so my mom kinda forgotten all about it by the time we reached this episode. So I guess the long explanatory dialogue lines were necessary. :blobcheeky: Even the details of why WWX refused to use a sword after he returned from Burial Mounds, were kinda forgotten. She was like "Oh, did that happen? (e.g. JC pushing WWX down, LZ demanding WWX to use his sword, etc.)

• Just as my mom was about to settle down from 10 minutes of tears, we got to the boat scene in the Lotus Lake. Again I had to explain to her the importance of the "golden core removal process" (especially when LZ asks "Is it painful?") so that she really GETS WEI YING'S PAIN AND SUFFERING JUST TO GIVE HIS LITTLE BROTHER THE HAPPINESS HE WANTED. A few more tears shed then. Gods, I'm such a bad daughter for making my mom cry :blobwhistle:

Comment from mom: Is it possible for JC to return the golden core to WWX? Since he doesn't appreciates it and its original owner, he should just return it.
      I told her No, only Wen Qing could do it, and she died.
      She asked, Will WWX also die? He's so weak now. He needs Lan Zhan for the rest of his life.
      Err... just watch till the end, ok, mom?

• Thankfully we move to the part where they picked the Lotus pods, LZ admonishes WWX for 'stealing', then he picks up so many more for WWX because "there's no next time". She giggled when she saw LZ holding up the lotus pod to WWX. I was like, Mom look that's LZ proposing to WWX with a marriage ring. And she just laughs coz she understands and caught on immediately. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: What a great way to wrap-up today's flood of tears.

• New mystery starts. My mom is energized now after all the crying and she's once again glued to the seat. She said.. 4 more episodes, this has gotta be it! They're going to the last place and JGY will be there, right?! Right?!. Wow, I'm speechless at her enthusiasm!

15. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I've said, I'm re-reading the novel again and I'm finding all these little things I missed. I also didn't have anyone to discuss this with the first time around and now I do.

When I read that WWX realized that maybe LWJ thought he knew his feelings this whole time, I didn't know what to think either. My heart was crushed. LWJ isn't stupid but he kind of is when it comes to feelings. It makes sense that he would get confused or misunderstand things.

Anywho, I would think he knew what WWX was up to in the beginning. Doing all those things to try to escape. He silenced him in front of his brother, knowing he was going to do something to get him kicked out. Maybe after WWX knew that LWJ had known it was him all along that LWJ started to think WWX knew about his feelings?

This would make sense when JC fought with them at lotus pier and called them out on being gay which WWX then said they were friends in an attempt to protect LWJ. LWJ froze at that moment and WWX thought he was humiliated but we all know he was hurt at the words "just friends."

Yep yep. You are right on the money. It sucks so much too because no one could see but LWJ that he was actually doing good things, standing on the side of right, protecting people and not putting up political bull_hit.

One thing that drives me crazy is that it was never truly cleared up that WWX never ordered WN to kill his parents. That always stayed with me and also that the tiger amulet was never dealt with at the end and no one knows where it is.

17. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't have anyone to talk with either. So I find it nice to discuss all this and find new opinions. And maybe correct me in case I got something wrong.

I agree wholeheartedly. Both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. Especially the latter though hahaha

I agree here too!

Although I'm giving my take on this too.

I'm not good at entering in the character's skin or whatever, but I'll try my best.

At first when Wei Wuxian wasn't aware that Lan Wangji knew who he is, he still acted in a shameful manner.

Lan Wangji might have been the most confused little s_it the entire time. Since he thought Wei Wuxian knew he likes guys (him precisely), but at the same time he tried to escape every time an opportunity appeared. So why would he try to 'seduce' him (not disgust like Wei Wuxian wanted) when in reality he wanted to leave? Hahahaha

Then after finding out that Lan Wangji knew, Wei Wuxian still acted shameful, even if he toned it down. I think there's the painful part. From the moment he called out his real name. Thinking he makes it intentionally just to torment him or maybe make fun of him? Although I doubt Lan Wangji would think that about Wei Wuxian. Maybe tease him in a cruel manner would be the most closer to Lan Wangji's thinking?

I believe he was a puddle of confusion and pain.

THAT SCENE MADE ME SCREAM.

That's the only moment Wei Wuxian annoyed me. I just wanted to go into the book shake him good and scream in his face how much of an idiot he is.

Because they both loved each other at that point and he went and said they are just friends!

That's the only time a friendzone thingy hurt me!

I think the most important one knows. And that's Lan Wangji. ( well, and Wen Ning haha) He's the only one who deserves to stay by his side tbh.

The tiger amulet doesn't work anymore. It's just a piece of scrap iron. Xue Yang might have rebuilt it, but he didn't do a very good job with it in the sense that once the power was used it became useless.

19. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he was gay but was only attracted to WWX. I believe he never saw or felt anything for anyone and didn't care to but WWX was the exception.

I figured the most important one to know would be jin ling since he's been fed all the misunderstandings his whole life. I know LWJ knew it didn't happen the way others said. I like things all clear and tidy so this was kind of just vaguely grasped with all that was revealed in the temple. There was so much to take in and deduce on your own and jin ling was barely keeping up with all the info at that time. I just wanted some one to tell him right to his face,
    "No, WN wasn't ordered to kill your parents. It was an accident. It wouldn't have happened if your father's cousin hadn't ambushed WWX or broke your present (which I think was the real catalyst. Ambush, whatever. Get in my way from being able to see my nephew and break the gift I spent months on, I'm going to lose it). Your mother wouldn't have died if she had any sense and didn't run through a battle field. All accidents".
    In a perfect world haha.

On another thought, the 10th episode of the audio drama was just released today. I love this part of the novel because JC gets to know the sacrifice WWX made for him and feel like shit.

They later discuss that if there had been another choice, he wouldn't have taken the demonic one. It's never addressed that he only took that path, not because it was his only option, but because he was forced.

He didn't think he would have taken that path or even know it could be taken if the wens hadn't thrown him into the burial mound. If him and JC met up at the base of the mountain, some reason would have to made up about his powers but there would never have been a demonic path.

I always wonder about that. How different things would have been if the wens hadn't thrown him into the burial mound and he hadn't been forced to survive by learning the dark arts. How would things be.

20. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. That's why I said him precisely, but Wei Wuxian wouldn't have know that. In Lan Wangji's mind he confessed to Wei Wuxian and gave away his feelings. I think Wei Wuxian would safely assume that he likes guys since he isn't the type of guy who would believe that Lan Wangji would love him and only him. I don't know if I made myself understood hahaha.

On short: we know that as readers, but them as characters wouldn't? Not until the end anyway.

There was a part at the end of the novel where we see Jin Ling's thoughts.

"He didn’t know why, but he felt like he couldn’t hate or blame anyone. Wei WuXian, Jin GuangYao, Wen Ning—every one of them should be responsible to some extent for the deaths of his parents, every one of them gave him a reason to loathe them with all he had. But it also seemed like every one of them gave him a reason that made him unable to do so. But if he didn’t hate him, whom could he hate? Did he deserve to lose both his parents when he was young? Was he not only able to seek revenge, but also unable to hate someone purely and entirely?"

I think this is kind of a closure about Jin Ling's feelings. It's painful and sad. He can't even hate those who took a part in his parents death. And it shows that he understands what was going on from the bits he caught in the exchange at the temple. It might not be enough and not really satisfying like having someone screaming in his face that there's more to it, but even that I don't think it can absolve the blame from everyone.

It's the truth though. Wei Wuxian was pushed to his limit, but if he hadn't lost control Jin ZiXuan wouldn't have died. He is still guilty for that one, unfortunately. Guilty, but you can't actually blame him either.

Number one at fault in Jin ZiXuan's death is without a doubt Jin ZiXun.

NOW THIS REMINDS ME!

Why did Jin Ling always said: I had no mother to teach me, so what?

Why only the mother? He didn't have a father either. Or he sees Jiang Cheng and Jin GuangYao like a father figure? It somehow irritates me how Jin ZiXuan doesn't even seem to be reminded by his son. Or is it a historical thing that I don't know of?

I think so too. The present was the last bit if I remember well.

I SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING BUT I DO. I love Jiang Yanli with all my heart and I somehow understand why she went in there. She wanted to speak with him, to stop all the madness. And she went in there without any sort of protection. But seriously, even if Wei Wuxian stopped, they would only catch him and kill him. (This is the part where I disliked Jiang Cheng, Jiang Yanli and Lan Wangji - all of them were yelling at him to stop and then what? He was already in the heat of the battle and everyone decided to kill him before he made a move. So why stop? Because it makes it worse? Nothing of what they would say would had saved Wei Wuxian and he would end up dead anyway if he just stopped)

Seeing the scene with Jiang Yanli in the donghua was cringier than reading it. Everyone was fighting beside her (I'm shocked everyone managed to avoid her until some point because everything was crazy out there) and she just went right into the battle and called for Wei Wuxian.

It's an unlucky incident that a corpse caught her first. It could be any other cultivator in there (of course by accident since she doesn't look like a corpse).

All in all, her death was still extremely sad and I cried my eyes out when she sacrificed herself.

Maybe he would have discovered this path later since he would still be forced to do something and not let Jiang Cheng fight on its own.

I wonder how he would explain his lack of powers. Maybe he would tell him that Wen Zhuliu melted his golden core too? They caught him and somehow escaped. It could work I guess.

After reuniting at the base of the mountain I think they would have ended up in the Lan Sect. Jiang Cheng encountered Lan XiChen i think and gathered people for his sect. Then he would most likely go with Jiang Cheng and be moral support?

Anyway, he would be kind of useless since he can't get his hands on another golden core. And if he can't use the dark path either.. well, he and the rest of the cultivation world would be fu__ed. After all, Wei Wuxian helped a lot in the Sunshot Campaign.