Spoiler The Girl and the Beast/She and The Beast/The Lady and the Beast

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Evilnature

Evilnature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why :))

2. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah maybe he loves her for real but more like when a baby chick imprint on the 1st creature it see or smt similar to stockholm syndrome

3. Denny

Denny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More a neet more:cookie:

Ellavader6666 likes this.
  4. Haniffffffffff

Haniffffffffff Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the idea of other women touch him

5. Haniffffffffff

Haniffffffffff Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fhjnghhhhhhhhgjkk now that you mention it lol the fall in love thing is indeed too fast

6. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry for the low quality edit, catch u tom
    "If you're offended by someone, you should go to him and resolve it."

"Will you do such a cruel thing to the Grand Duke?"

"What's about the Grand Duke?... did you two have a fight?"

Hissen paused and raised his head. Instead of answering, Astina put the sword back on her waist. Hissen stared at Astina with rather curious eyes. His lady was a woman of few mood swings. He was curious about why such a calm person got angry.

"Why did you fight?"

"It wasn't a fight."

Astina said flatly. The reason for her anger is a little different than his, but anyway, the ostensible cause of her dispute with the Grand Duke was close to that of a "love fight." Astina didn't want to talk to anyone about what the Grand Duke had mistaken for a crush.

Besides, her husband was a 26-year-old kid. Thinking about it, she felt pathetic that she got angry. Astina frowned irritably.

'He holds on grudges quite well.'

Astina regained her composure for three days and tried to "adultly" reconcile with the Grand Duke. Because she didn't want to be bothered by such a trifle. But the subtle irritation of him crossing a line did not all fade away.

She had to admit, for the past two decades or so, she has never been so bothered. It wouldn't have been a problem if he simply told her a nasty curse. But what he said was a wound from the past and a sensitive nerve which ripped open old scar.

‘I made a mistake thinking those illusions will stay dormant.'

Astina stopped laughing. The illusions from that dawn impelled her heart, which she thought had frozen, and made a big hole. She doesn't like the fact that she told him about the past by mistake, but her husband even used it in a quarrel.

She wouldn't have done such a stupid thing if she had known it would be mentioned again and again. It was a memory that even someone as strong as her wanted to forget.

"What are you going to do with the Grand Duke?”

"What?"

"Didn't he turn back to normal? Of course it's different than when he was a beast."

Hissen's tone of voice was cautious. Astina realized that her unusual anger caused Hissen's worries. He was cautious of the Grand Duke as he only saw Theriod a few times

"You don't have to worry. Because he's a rational person."

"Then go talk it out."

said Hissen, looking at Astina's expression. He seemed to be trying to narrow the rift between those two somehow. When a husband and wife get into a quarrel, a third party usually tries to mediate. Hissen tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"As you said, he was a great-looking man. Just solve it by looking at his face."

Sadly, what he stepped on was a mine.

"His face is nothing worth seeing."

Astina gave a curt reply. But soon, she was anxious. She realized that she had misunderstood what she should curse at. Shee should not have vent her anger on him because he had the same face. Theodore and Theriod were perfect strangers.

"You're the one who excused all his shortcomings for that appearance. Why are you so annoyed?"

Astina suddenly shut her mouth. She asked, looking back on her previous expressions.

"Do I look angry?"

"If what you did to me wasn’t out of anger then was it normal?."

"No, I shouldn't have done that."

Astina covering her heated forehead with one hand. She tried to calm her heart-warming feelings by frowning. Even if the Grand Duke mocked Theodore, she should be indifferent. Astina bit her dry lips.

Theodore shouldn't be able to cling to Astina. The spell worked. Astina swallowed up the bruised memory. She soon uttered a calm voice as usual.

"It wasn't a big deal."

"I'm glad to hear that, but...Can I take a break then?”

"Of course, I was being immature."

To whom is she saying this to? Is the subject a distracted Grand Duchess or a student of the Academy?

Between Astina and Hissen, Hissen was supposed to be more composed based on his age, but he sank to the floor in silence. Astina raised her head with her usual cold face. She said without looking back.

"You have a bad habit of snooping."

Hissen looked around at the horse. Only then did he find a man standing behind the building. Theriod was briefly pondering how to talk to the Grand Duchess before coming to the training ground. Theriod sighed, appearing from the shadows. His face, which was dragged out without preparation, was full of embarrassment.

"You’ve been avoiding me."

"I've never avoided your highness."

Astina stared at Hissen meaningfully. Hissen lifted his comfortable ass and quietly walked out. He who knows when to leave is wise

The Grand Duke was left alone with his wife, Astina, turned and faced him. Once her anger died down, she was able to respond without feeling sorrowful of her past. Her body was so refreshed as she relieved some of her anger through the training.

"What brings you here?"

"It's been a long time."

"That’s unfortunate, Your Highness, but I've been busy, too."

It was casual word and polite behaviour to cover up past feuds. Theriod noticed that the Grand Duchess didn't want to mention what happened then. It was his fault, and he should not provoke my wife again. Theriod carefully tell her.

"Then will you be busy all the time ?.”

"I was just about to find a place to rest. Is that all you want to know?"

Theod looked slowly into Astina's face. Unlike the past three days when she avoided him, she didn't seem to have any resentment. She looks so calm that he wondered if she really couldn't meet him because she was busy with her personal affairs. Things would have gone the opposite way if he had come one hour earlier, but Theriod could not have known that. Instead, Hissen being exploit, just as he criticized, have unfortunately disappeared to the back of history.

Theriod hesitated and took the initiative.

"I won’t ask you about mundane things."

"Thank you for your understanding. I'm sorry to trouble you about something personal."

"I was heartbroken for being so unkind to you."

Theriod stared at Astina for a moment and lowered his head. He held out the sword he had hidden behind his back.

"You should keep it, and I will not have any strange misunderstanding."

It was a term referring to both his misconception and Benjamin's gift. Astina gladly accepted the apology he had given her. When she went back to retrieve it, it was already gone, and she was worried that someone might have picked it up. The things she had thrown away in anger were being kept preciously by someone unexpected. Astina replied with a big smile.

"Thank you."

Theriod was somehow reluctant to reply. That's because compared to the refined conversations they had now, the quarrel they had was a bit rawer.

He think it made him hide more from the Grand Duchess, to whom he had never shown his true self before. Theriod brought up the matter with some hidden regret.

"There are things I couldn't handle because you weren't in the Main Office."

"What is it?"

"I have a problem with the punishments. You've given pretty minor punishments to the vassals who made the last commotion."

Theriod, who was working, experienced shame after a long time. It was when he look at her work by looking at the documents she processed. That neat handwriting was the first in many things that make him admire his wife's ability.

But this time, it was hard to grasp her intentions. The Grand Duchess was being too merciful at the people who had only profanity against her. Her judgement, like bail or demotion, was very insignificant compared to the rudeness they had committed.

He wondered if this was a decision out of concern for him. This is because it reminded him of the time when the vassals emphasized their past affection with the Grand Duke in front of Grand Duchess. The Grand Duchess could have punished him lightly out of consideration for Theriod.

It would be a great shame that the Grand Duke, blinded by personal affection, lose his impartiality. Theriod spoke in a stout voice.

"If you're worried about me, you don't have to. I'm going to set an example, and I'm going to conclude that we're doing”

"If you want to raise the level of punishment,then to what extent?"

At this time, Astina's eyebrows sounded subtle. Theriod, who didn't notice it, answered proudly.

"Those crimes are punishable by more than fines."

Astina closed her eyes. A sigh leaking from her lips made Theriod feel puzzled.

“Why do you do that.”

“You are quite considerate, Majesty.”

Consideration was what she had done for him but the Grand Duchess said the opposite. Theriod tilted his head at words he could not understand.

“What are you talking about?”

“It was my conscience who gave them small punishments. If you respect me, please keep them as they were.”

Theriod felt more and more confused. He couldn't figure out what the hell the Grand Duchess was talking about. He made an excuse first with a face that was out of touch.

"It was for you."

"There are so many dead bodies that have been wiped out. It means there's not enough people to handle the work. If you treat people as high-handed offenders with simple misdemeanors and punish them, who will fill those vacancies?"

"Anyone else would be the right person. Not traitors."

"Not many people are clean without a flaw. What you gave me back is not consideration, but overwork."

The response of the Grand Duchess was not affectionate at all. The indifferent attitude made Theriod dumbfounded.

"How can I work again with those who have tried to drag you down?"

"I'm thinking about efficiency."

The Grand Duchess was not wrong. But that's a short-term view, and if you think about the future, it's right to cut off the contaminated spot right away. Theriod couldn't see why a wise Grand Duchess was judging things shorsightedly.

Can't a dog bite its owner twice? You can put on a leash as a temporary measure, but one day you'll be in trouble.

"In the short term, yes, but in the long term...….”

Theriod stopped talking. A sense of deja vu came to mind. He recalled what made him uncomfortable with the Grand Duchess. Now it seemed to be able to explain the subtle displeasure accurately.

Last time, why did he get so worked up on the Grand Duchess over nothing? It's because the opponent sees everything with a very unenthusiastic eye. She was avoiding getting personal with him, so to speak. As you can see across the river, they always maintained a step apart. Just as they remind you every moment of the day that they are strangers.

Theriod spoke with an indescribable look.

"You are acting like you're leaving soon."

Astina stared at the teary Theriod. The Grand Duke seemed to have noticed faster than he thought. She didn't mean to deal with the heavy tasks or thinking about it even after she left.

Astina decided not to deceive him. In fact, there was no reason to do so. She will stay to appease her husband. Isn't it unbecoming and kind to talk about? She answered as if she had waited.

"If your illness improves, I don't have to stay any longer. We'll find the right partner."

"You were not different in your attitude toward me at first and now. It means you were thinking of leaving from the beginning."

It was all the more absurd when he thinks of past events in order. Then she shouldn’t have remain in the Great Depression at the beginning. What was the arrangement? Was it just a fleeting whim when she was emotional?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  7. aoerax

aoerax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why he betray in first life?

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. moonzilla

moonzilla Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed on this. Maybe more like the suspension bridge effect? Theriod had this conditioned reflex with Astina (+ sword) due to her disciplinary method in taming his wolf version. He might not have the memory of it, but his body remembered. Add to that, Astina is the first ever person crossing his barrier, emotionally and physically, and her nonplussed reactions with him and the whole relationship were enough to intrigue him.

9. sareenmomo

sareenmomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil me about why Theodor betrayed MC? Because it looked like he had no hopes in life when Martiana confronted him.

10. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone sorry cant update today. Ill update 2 chaps tomorrow to apologize. Best

11. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! That makes way more sense cause she didnt kidnap or abuse him for real. Great rep

12. Singhpriya

Singhpriya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi dear ..well i have a request ... Rather than saying today or tomorrow ... can you specify date like 29 or 30 ...like that ....i mean due to time difference between countries ...it's hard to assess which day exactly are you referring to...
    And keep mentioning it in future also

13. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did Theodore betray Martina?

14. Avylon

Avylon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But there is always date written on the post itself... The time zones will alter it anyways

Evilnature likes this.
  15. Baby yoda_002

Baby yoda_002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i know this manhwa and it's so intersting:blobxd::blobxd:.... I wonder if her friend would be love rival "l wish he will*cought*:blob_blush:

16. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I think you misunderstood my post, what I meant by tomorrow means in the next 20-24h. I know its a bit frustrating to wait but unfortunately I dont know exactly when I can actually sit down and make an edit as Im adding this to the last slot of my daily schedule only. Trying to keep it steady and not stressful so I can keep going till the end of book 5 as mijikado told us its gonna get a bit grim later on and all that gets me going now is their cute interactions :)))

17. mijikado

mijikado [Unorganized Member]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I need to answer this question since I keep seeing it in almost every page of the thread :blobxd:

Why did Theodore betray Martina?

The first Grand Duke of Atalenta (=Theriod’s ancestor) was married to Princess Celine of the Blanche royal family.
    As you can guess now, Theriod has Theodore’s blood.

If I recall correctly, Martina’s clan Leta was massacred by Theodore’s brother - Waldo.
    During his « barbarians’ hunting », he met up with a Leta woman who cursed him:
    « King of Blanche less than the embarrassment, how will you get a shell that suits your temper? From generation to generation your blood will torment your offsprings. The curse will not be resolved without Leta’s forgiveness. »

What was Leta’s forgiveness ? Leta’s LOVE of course.

Waldo was affected by the curse, and all the things he did to Martina = Leta’s last daughter (dragging her to the bedroom, drinking her blood,.. :blobsad::blobsad:) were some sort of « experiments » in hope to annihilate his curse.

As soon as he knew that Waldo's curse had been passed on to himself, the first thing he was concerned about was his people and Martina.
    He wanted to hand over the crown safely to her, his trusted servant/lover.
    But under the law of the kingdom, it was impossible for a woman to be Queen, and above all, Martina was infertile.

That’s why Theodore planned the revolt and at the same time labelled himself as a « traitor », so that Martina could take his place legitimately, expressed her full authority to rule the kingdom later on.

And finally, thank you so much @Evilnature for your translations!!! It really becomes a habit for me to come to the thread and read your posts almost everyday :blobhug:

18. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much... :aww:

Finally I know the root of the curse. I thought that the curse was came from Martina to Theodore. I'm kinda relieved that I'm wrong.

It's so sad that Theo made such sacrifice.:blobpensive: I guess Martina didn't know the real reason why he revolted back then, since she doesn't know the reason of Atlenta's curse in this timeline.

19. Maytharsilla

Maytharsilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this would be the spoiler for chapter 6 part 6… well I just think, ️️ Anyway thanks for the spoiler .

HelaKeizer, Isatoni and Evilnature like this.
  20. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I also thought that it was Martina who cursed Theodore after the betrayal, thank god its not.