Spoiler The Glamorous Daily Life of a Fake Mistress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Guide1410, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-7-3_20-19-22.jpeg
    Titles: 가짜 애첩의 화려한 일상, The Splendid Daily Life Of A Fake Girlfriend (MTL’d english title) , The Glamorous Daily Life of a Fake Mistress
    The Novel(PICKED UP): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-glamorous-daily-life-of-a-fake-mistress/
    The Novel Raws:
    https://page.kakao.com/home/51418534
    Author: 김뽀삐 (Kim Poppy)
    Artist: 돼지케이크 (Pig Cake)
    Serialization and Publisher: Kakaopage and D&C Books
    Pickup Thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-splendid-daily-life-of-a-fake-girlfriend.124870/
    Language: Korean
    Year: 2018
    Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Josei
    Tags: Regression, Second Chance, Contracts, Arranged Marriages, Aristocracy, European Ambiance
    Description:
    “I will no longer be used by you anymore!”

Sally became the mistress of the beloved Duke of Esteban.
    But to the Duke, she was nothing but a tool.
    Sally resented him and ended her life painfully.
    When she opened her eyes again, she was back as a 16-year-old maid.
    In order to avoid her future meeting with him, Sally decides to live as her shabby maid!

But this time, Sarah, the young lady Sally is serving, was chosen as Duke Esteban’s mistress!

“I’ll meet the Duke of Esteban instead of you, my lady.”

Unable to push Sarah, who is like a family member, into an unwanted path, Sally accepts the fate of meeting him again.

But she won’t be as unhappy as she was in the past.
    Because she didn’t love him any more.
    And the reason why the Duke, which I learned later, chose a woman of low status as his mistress is…

“The reason I need a fake mistress is to divorce a woman named as my wife.”
    “Since it is a fake relationship, we won’t ever sleep together, right?”
    “Of course, there will never be anything like that between us. Never.”

But contrary to his assurance, Duke Esteban gradually falls for Sally.

Sally, who became the Duke’s contract (fake) mistress, takes over high society!

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Volublekoala965

Volublekoala965 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... it’s written that the Duke used her in her past life and she died painfully....

Is the Duke the ml? :blobfearful: (Or am I getting the facts wrong since I haven’t checked the chapters yet)

cloerofile, Scapezz, xpeanut and 6 others like this.
  4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's translated isn't going to help.
    The prologue is somewhere in the middle likely the end of life 1. She is in bad shape and is about to die. There are literally no details.
    The first chapter flashes back? to the beginning where she is a bullied maid in a whorehouse or possibly for a madam. After that the madam puts her out on the street and somehow she manages to become popular with the wealthy.
    Where it goes from here is anyone's guess

MiserableSOUL and Guide1410 like this.
  5. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s like an unwritten law that the most unworthy rich and most powerful man always gets the girl even if he’s a rapist abusive obsessed freak. Novels like remarried empress are super rare
    I won’t be surprised if he’s the ml .

6. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AkariCandy

AkariCandy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
  9. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw some raws from manhwa and I don't know if what I'm going to say is correct but what I understood was... in the first life she becomes his mistress, he doesn't "use" her... she accepts being his lover because she falls in love with him. His goal is to divorce his wife (who is the villain of the story) he hates his wife… but his wife makes FL life hell, I don't know if she was murdered or killed herself but anyway… in this current life she decides to live as an employee but due to some situations she returns to ML and she accepts to pretend to be his mistress and help him to get divorced and she doesn't let herself be abused by his wife anymore and plots several things to help him, but they don't have any sexual relationship like in the past… ML is not abusive, rapist or whatever ok? so far he seems to be decent and he dreams of moments of them from past life…

sorry my english isn’t so good and like I said… maybe my conclusions for the raws isn’t totally correct

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  10. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the novel,so correct me if I'm wrong,but we have literally no reason to hate the duke.
    He needed a contractual mistress and he got it.
    Female lead fell in love when she wasn't supposed to,so expecting for his love when he was very clear about the nature of the contract was her mistake.

11. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no reason to hate him... I think… but as always people choose the easy way out and prefer to judge first before knowing the story or understanding the context of the story... it's normal and ironic at the same time

12. LuisaMMD

LuisaMMD New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hola mi ingles no es muy bueno pero ahora voy por el capitulo 17 del manhwa Hello, my English is not very good but now I am going through chapter 17 of the manhwa and the truth is that the story is well censored but I would like to know did he have any feelings for her in his past life And what about the crazy duchess?

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how stupid/weak is actually this Mistress Maid FL?
    Do we as readers have any good legit reason to root for her?

14. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    English is not my language I used the translator to interact with you, I apologize in advance if you don't understand my writing... I'm Brazilian, and many times words from my language can be translated in another way into English.
    Chapter 01 and 15

About the Duke and Duchess

Regarding the Duchess and the Duke, they didn't get married because of an arranged marriage, both got married because she discovered his weakness and blackmailed him, over the years the hatred and contempt he feels for her only increased, but he he couldn't divorce her, because he didn't have an excuse to ask for a divorce... The Duchess has a very valuable position in the social world, she values her image a lot, and that's why the Duke calls Sally to help him.

Font: https://m.blog.naver.com/dbfladk24/221312821823
    For those who haven't read the manhwa yet, here's a summary of chapters 01 to 15.

Let's go...

The Sally in her first timeline worked in a "theatre" as a high-end prostitute/dancer, she was a lady who was desired by all men, but none caught her eye, except one, the Arch-Duke Esteban.

At a festive event Sally sees him and falls in love at first sight. Days pass, and she is at the theater thinking about him, she is summoned by the Duke, and she goes to meet him and they have sex.

the next day the Duke went straight, and told her that he needed her as his concubine, and she more than quickly accepted, he gave her everything, jewels, clothes and everything she could not imagine, all she had to do was ask, but love he never he did, since that was the only thing he didn't promise, BUT he NEVER ABUSE her... She knew the Duke's purpose, and the reason why she was there, the problem was that she fell in love with him... And he did he called her to be his concubine, because she was cold with men and never showed interest, and he needed exactly that to get rid of his wife, Duchess Elyse, a cold, calculating and cruel woman.

In the first life, Sally is constantly abused by the Duchess Elysee, where one of them is the burns on her face and body, by a servant at the behest of the Duchess, until at a certain point, she dies in a lamentable way.

In the second timeline, Sally returns to her 16th birthday, but here she starts working as a maid for Dancer Sara, she has a great affection for her, and helps her on many occasions... Sara falls in love with a foreigner, but Duke summons her, as he did with Sally, to protect Sara, Sally goes instead to meet Duke Esteban, there she explains the reason why she switched with Sara, and makes a deal with him... She does not ask for jewelry, or physical contact or anything, just your freedom.

The Arch Duke Esteban is impressed with her proposal, but accepts... She sleeps on the sofa and he on the bed, he dreams of having sex with her (maybe memories of his past life), when Marta, the Duchess' maid knocks on the door , Sally lies on the Duke's bed, showing only her shoulders, implying that the two had sex, Sally knowing who she was, asks her to bring water for her because the Duke made her "work" all night and her mouth was dries up, the duchess's maid is enraged.

Sally is then summoned by the Duchess.

The Duchess treats her politely, but with a twinge of disdain.

Sally leaving the room, the Duchess sends the maid Marta, to choose a maid for Sally, and tells her to throw hot water on her face.

Sally already knew what was going to happen, the maid who was sent was nervous, because she didn't want to do that, and Sally soon realizes that she is a good person, the two make a deal with her.
    Soon the news spreads that Sally was burned, Marta goes to check it out, and meets the family doctor, she asks him excitedly, if Sally burned her face, the doctor just looks at her with a worried face if he answers nothing, and continues on his way... The maid runs to meet the duchess and tells her what she "heard" from the doctor.

Sally had made an agreement with the doctor, she would talk to the Duke to help build a clinic that he dreamed of so much, to help the poorest... The Duke answered her request, helped the doctor.

Sally is calling the attention of the maids, because of the attention given to them, she sees them as human, and appreciates everything he does, and that makes them very happy... they always spoil her, and everyone wants to be employed hers, because it's more comfortable and she values them... The maid Daisy, the one who was going to throw water on her, gets jealous, because until then it was just her (the two became friends).

Daisy tells Sally that she is well liked by the employees.

The day of the Duchess Elysee's birthday party arrives, Sally is not present, and the princess of the kingdom is irritated by the lack of respect for the Duchess and sends for her, forcing her to go to the party.

The Duke watches the Duchess' falsehood from afar, and mutters that she is so evil that she is using even the Princess's innocence for her evil tricks.

the Duke is anxious, because Sally is taking too long... Marques Lionel, known for being like a ''casanova'', has curiosities about what Sally's personality is like, since the Duke has always been calm in relation to women. ... The Duke begins to remember her attitudes since they met, he replies, saying that she looks like a cat... An unpredictable woman, never acts as others want her to, even if she tries to be obedient, if someone isn't to her liking, she goes to great lengths to scratch his face, but still he says he can't stop looking at her, and something makes him always want to follow close to her, because he can't stay too far away from her.

Meanwhile, everyone in the room is also curious to know who is the type of woman who caught the Duke's attention... The Duchess is satisfied with the curiosity of the people present there, because she thinks that this will humiliate Sally, because she thinks that his face is deformed due to "the burns he suffered on his face".

Sally then arrives, glittering in her golden gown and all smart, dressed to kill, kill the Duchess of Hate (lol).

Everyone there is impressed by her beauty and elegance when she arrives... She goes towards the Duchess and the Princess, apologize in front of everyone, for not having attended before, because she thought it would not be appropriate for her to be there... But that she is there now, because she sent the maid Marta with all "sincerity" to "invite" her (apparently, Marta was rude to her when she went to call her).

Then Sally, bows before the Princess and the Duchess, thanking her for the invitation... The Duchess is unhappy with what she sees, and watches with a bitter smile in silence, while Sally congratulates her with a charming and mocking smile , wishing her today, that her birthday is the happiest day of her life.
    The Duchess is disgusted, but does not let herself be shaken and spitefully thanks Sally's congratulations, and at the same time in her mind wondering why she looks normal, she wonders if she used any makeup to hide the scars face burn.

Then the Princess interrupts, and questioning that what she has done, is a lack of shame, for arriving too late to congratulate the Duchess.

Sally watches the Princess, and remembers that in her previous life, the Princess was always at the Duchess's side.

Sally then introduces herself, greets the princess, and apologizes... And then she explains that it took her a long time to get ready properly, as she was not used to dressing elegantly, who asks the princess who has a kind heart to forgive her again .

The princess is embarrassed and moved, and says that this was not a reason to call Sally's attention.... and that does not please the Duchess, as her plan is well calculated.

Then the duchess tells the princess, in front of all the guests that Sally was in her room, since she was not feeling well, because for her to leave the room suddenly, it must have been very difficult for her.

So everyone there, starts to question why she didn't leave the room, and one of the guests says that he heard that she was all deformed due to the burns, and that's why she was trapped in the room, but looking at her, it looks like she was lying.

The Princess gets angry, because she lied to the Duchess about having burned herself... The Duchess, with a slightly mocking smile, hidden behind her fan, plays the victim, and says that Sally is not that kind of person, that she wouldn't lie for something. like this.

Sally smiles, and says that she really didn't lie.

The maid Marta, shouts in an aggressive tone at Sally in front of everyone, saying that she is insulting the Duchess.

The people there say that the fact that the hot water badly burned Sally's face, and everyone in the duke's mansion knows it, and yet she appears brazenly with her normal face as if nothing had happened.

The maid, Marta, forces her to kneel before the Duchess in front of everyone, and ask forgiveness for having lied.

Sally turns to Marta, and says they keep saying things she can't understand.

Then Sally, in her fatally attractive woman manner, asks why everyone says she burned her face, when clearly she burned her body, not her face.

Everyone freezes in shock watching Sally as she asks this question.

Then Sally explains, that it was impossible for the hot water, which was being served in a cup of tea on the table, to fall on her face, unless it was provoked.

Then Sally says, that it is surprising that the Duchess and the Maid Martha say so with such certainty.

Marta is in shock, and begins to wonder if the rumors were false, remembering that the doctor never answered about Sally's condition, she simply based it on what the employees said.
    So Marta, to be a liar, says again that Sally lied, and asks to prove it... Marta goes up to Sally, and tries to take off her clothes in front of everyone, to prove that she is lying... So the Duke intervenes, and pulls Sally hugging her from behind, and said that he is a witness that she has burns on her body, because he himself has seen it.

Everyone is surprised, even the princess blushes when she sees that he is protecting her.

The Duke told everyone that he was the one who asked her not to go out, because her body hasn't recovered yet, but in the end she again didn't listen to him... While stroking her face, the Duke says that he feels bad, seeing the scars all over her body, and wanted her to take care of herself more, as it makes him worried about her not taking care of herself... Sally then takes the Duke's hand, and romantically apologizes for making him worry about her.

Marta feels bad because she can't challenge the Duke.

The Duke then asks Marta in front of everyone, who is the WOMAN in front of her... Marta then replies that Sally is an honored guest of the Duke.

The Duke says he is happy to know that Marta is not crazy, and he said that his guest should not be treated that way... So he forces her to kneel and ask Sally for forgiveness for the way she behaved with her in front of everyone .

in her thinking, Marta feels humiliated for asking forgiveness from a woman she considers insignificant.

Marta kneels down and asks Sally for forgiveness, in a mocking way for having called her a liar... At the end Marta gives a slight mocking smile saying that she already apologized, that this was more than Sally deserved, and stays on her knees waiting for Sally's answer, thinking she would forgive her or something.

But much to her sadness, Sally politely humiliates her... Sally tells Marta, that she had heard that she was a very polite maid, but that she was extremely disappointed, because not even Marta knows what mistakes she made.

Marta is in shock and asks what mistake... Sally then says that her name is not "YOU"... Making the Duchess's personal maid recognize her in front of everyone that Sally is also a lady of that house... The duke is pleased with what he sees.

The Duchess apologizes to Sally for her maid's behavior, and that she will punish her, and asks for an end to the matter.

Sally agrees with the Duchess, and said that this moment is one of celebration.

The music starts, the Duke invites Sally to dance in front of the Duchess and the Princess, who looks at the scene with pity for the Duchess, but Sally refuses, and asks him to dance with the Duchess, because today is her birthday, and it would be wrong of her to start the dance with the Duke... The Duke very reluctantly dances with the Duchess, everyone is surprised that he accepted, including the Duchess who was forced to accept because of the Princess, who insisted.. The Duchess in her thoughts says she wanted to break someone's neck with a smile on her face... I don't know which of the 3 she made the reference to (Duke, Princess or Sally)

Sally stays at a distance watching them dance, and at the same time remembering her first life... When she started dancing with the Duke, giving more power to the Duchess who came out as a victim, and Sally as the villain of the story.
    As they dance, the Duchess says "I'm sorry" for the Duke dancing with her, he soon says he was forced to do that... Then the Duchess says she already knows, since he answered the concubine's request, and says she was surprised, because he didn't realize that she was beautiful and smarter than she thought... With a sinister face, the Duchess warns the Duke, telling him that from now on, she will outshine Sally, and that he be prepared , because she will do what is in her power.

The Duke looks at her with a smile, and tells her to be careful, as the Duchess may be the first to fall.

the duchess says that he has become too cruel, and that he will never be able to beat her, and the duke in his thoughts says "let's see who wins".

as they dance, everyone is in awe, saying that the duchess is angelic, and start staring at Sally saying that he imagined her as an interesting and ambitious person, but she is more refined than they could imagine, although Sally is a common person, she maintain your posture even if it is painful.

Sally is a little uncomfortable with the looks, but she doesn't care about it... as it doesn't affect her anymore, as she has learned to hide her weaknesses... She watches the young women dancing, and says that they remind her of her previous life.

The dyke finishes the dance, and complains to Sally that she made him dance with the Duchess, while resting comfortably.

Sally then begins to wonder why the Duke hates the Duchess so much.

the Duchess sits with other women at a separate table, Sally watches and knows she is being talked down to.

The Duke invites Sally to dance, and the two rock, leaving everyone in awe and getting compliments, which the Duchess doesn't like.

The party comes to an end and the Duchess is in her room... She is whipping her maid Marta, wounding her back to the point of blood.

The Duchess is very irritated, and asks Marta who she is, and Marta responds by saying that her name is Duchess Elysee Esteban... With every question the Duchess asked, she whipped Marta without mercy, she was very irritated because everyone there present, he compared Sally to her... And because the Duke said in front of everyone that she (Sally) was his most precious person to him.

so she stops whipping her, and asks Marta to write thanking all the noble women who were at her birthday party, and that the content doesn't matter... Because what counts is the name of who was written in the letter ( Elysee "ESTEBAN"), and the seal of the duchy that is engraved on the letter, as this will show who is in the position... here she references her position as lady of the house, and because she carries the surname ESTEBAN, and the Not Sally... And of course, it doesn't matter if Sally is the concubine, still she's just a powerless mistress, and she's of course the legal wife.

Sally is in her room waiting for the butler Evan to arrive with the wine, but the Duke arrives with the wine, she is surprised and asks where Evan is, and the Duke replies that he had an urgent service to do, Duke sent him clean leaves (lol)

Sally invites the Duke to drink with her... The Duke gives her a refined chocolate in the shape of roses, in the form of thanks... according to Sally, this chocolate is the kind you have to eat before you die, because it is very difficult to get one, as it comes from a super popular store.

She asks why, and he said that she herself said that she could reward her with chocolates, and she remembers her past life, and says that he presented her with simple chocolates, nothing sophisticated, or with jewelry.

Sally tells the Duke that it feels strange to receive this chocolate, and he tells her that this is nothing strange as it is compensation for the good work she has done.

She smiles happily, and thanks for the present because she liked the present very much... The Duke starts to stare at her, and is amazed at her posture and starts blushing, and wondering why she is so hot.

Sally then asks the Duke if he ever had any feelings for the Duchess... The Duke is surprised by the question, and more quickly replies that he NEVER loved her... Sally insists on asking why, and he responds by saying that the the duchess is only with him because of his last name ESTEBAN, and he says that he would never love such a person, but that he would be surprised if a noble person wasn't ambitious with his family's last name... So he says he doesn't want it anymore talk about it, and asks to end the conversation... Sally observes the expression on the duke's face, and says that it wasn't just hate, and says that there is something else he wants to hide... Then she says in her mind , that it no longer interests her.

meanwhile somewhere in the palace, the maids are chatting and praising Sally, and another maid is watching from afar, and leaves without the other maids noticing.

Daisy observes this euphoria, and tells Sally that she is very popular among the servants of the dukedom... And says that many servants want her position, and she tells Sally, that she will never give up her position as Sally's servant.

Sally finds her jealousy cute, and says that she doesn't need to worry as she trusts and likes Daisy a lot, and asks her to take good care of her from now on, Daisy is touched by Sally's speech.

Sally asks Daisy if she has any letters for her, and her boss says no... She thinks it strange, due to the fact that she has caught the attention of the nobility... Then she realizes that Elysee has already taken a step forward ... She is worried, because if this continues, she will not participate in any social festivities and will not be able to make a name for herself... She thinks that the duke would never let that happen, but she wants to be recognized for her effort, and for her her name.

She says that she will create a reason to be called at some event.

Meanwhile, the duke is on a date with some nobles (all men).

Upon arriving at the meeting, all the men stare at the duke, and wonder what that stain is on his blouse, near the neck, then they realize it's a lipstick mark... They wonder if the duke didn't notice that, since they were always refined... So the nobles, soon says that the owner of the lipstick is Sally.
    Then the Duke realized Sally's intention was to provoke this commotion... Then he remembers what happened earlier, before he went to the meeting, Sally screams "passionately" for the Duke, and goes to meet him to say goodbye to him, hugging him, and at that moment she kisses the collar of her blouse, he is amazed, because this is the first time he has seen her in the morning... He then realizes that she has some plan and he pretends that he believes it, she hugs him leaving him surprised him, as she tells him not to forget about her, she will miss him... returning to the meeting, lost in his thoughts he realizes that Sally wants to spread rumors to the other nobles that the Duke is completely in love with she... he begins to remember how she is, in the morning a sweet woman in love with him, and at night, a cold and distant woman with him... Suddenly, he starts to get irritated because he feels used by her (kkkk)... The nobles are embarrassed, because they think the duke is irritated with m them because they kept staring and talking about him.

The next day Sally receives many invitations, and celebrates that her plan has worked.

So she has to choose who will be the first one she will accept, she says she has to choose someone who has prestige, but who doesn't give much importance to the duchess... Amidst the invitations, she finds the Baroness Julieta Rosebel.

At the Baroness's house, the guests arrive, excited to learn more about the Duke's new mistress.

The Baroness is relieved to invite Sally, she made a lot of people come to her tea party... She says that not many people invited Sally, because of the Duchess... So she says the more people do it the more sassy she must be to be.

Amy, a friend of the Baroness, arrives super excited to meet Sally, she is worried about what to call her... The Baroness says that Sally has no name, because she was a dancer's maid, and that was the reality, she can hide behind the duke, that will never change.

As she's talking, Amy freezes and looks away in awe elsewhere... The Baroness asks what she's looking at, and it was Sally behind her, a skintight blue dress emphasizing her curves.... Sally thanks for the invitation, and introduces herself as "Sally Esteban".

Sally then starts remembering the past, and remembers who the Baroness is... She recalls that the Baroness family has a bad reputation, and that many high-level nobles ignore her, but she was quite persistent.

The Baroness is disgusted to see Sally, as she had heard about Sally's life history, and it wasn't good... But she was surprised to see her looking so elegant and beautiful.

Amy introduces herself politely, and says she represents the house of Viscount Lawrence... Sally returns the greeting.

Amy is impressed that Sally is taller than her, but younger, and says that is why she is more elegant.
    Baroness says it's a shame that Sally looks older than her real age, being so young.

Amy is embarrassed, and tells the baroness that she was not referring to that... Soon the baroness cuts off Amy's speech, and asks Sally if this was her first aristocratic party, since before she was a servant of a dancer, the Baroness speaks with a tone of arrogance and contempt... In her thinking, she thinks that Sally will be intimidated, and be offended, but nothing goes as she wants, contrary to that Sally confirms with a smile on her face, and saying that she was very excited that this was her first aristocratic party, leaving the baroness embarrassed and Amy more and more in awe.

At the duke's mansion, the duke asks the butler Evan where Sally is, and the butler replies that he is at a tea party at the baroness' house.

then he travels in his thoughts, and remembers that she was choosing a dress, and asking if it looked nice... He thinks aloud in front of the butler Evan, that she is doing well, the butler asks what he is talking about, and he dismisses the conversation and asks to fix the carriage as he has business in town.

At the tea party, Baroness Juliet makes a call thanking everyone present at her tea party.

Sally takes the last seat, and the Baroness is happy to hear that she knows her place, she is worried that Sally will sit next to her, as if she is superior.

The barones praises Condensa Satur's dress, and the question is from a certain famous designer... The Condensa replies that yes, and the baroness begins to praise her for the dress, and brags about having bought one from the same designer ... In her thoughts, she says that it was worth buying the dress, even if it cost her a lot of money... Back in her thoughts, the Baroness points towards Sally, and questions her about her not knowing nothing about fashion since she worked as a maid in a theater, and questions whether the dress she wears, if and when she wore it when she was still a dancer's maid, since she cannot hide where it came from.

The baroness goes on to say, in front of all the guests on the table, that her dress resembles those that theater dancers usually wear to seduce men... As much as she is the duke's concubine, she has to show respect , why is it shameful to walk around in that kind of dress... She goes on, and tells Sally that lower class women like her, however much they like to expose themselves, as for aristocratic women it is shameful to expose themselves in this vulgar way..., Sally remains silent watching, while the baroness distils poison... Soon all mocked, the baroness still mocks saying, that she says that for Sally's sake, since maybe she doesn't know how the very aristocratic works.

Sally then responds, all elegantly, that the one who lacked knowledge about the aristocratic world was the baroness... Because Sally's dress was made by a much more famous designer than she mentioned, and it was at the request of the Duke who chose the model of the dress .

Everyone is surprised when they find out who made the dress, and of course, the baroness was extremely embarrassed.

English is not my language I used the translator to interact with you, I apologize in advance if you don't understand my writing... I'm Brazilian, and many times words from my language can be translated in another way into English.

About the Duke and Duchess

Regarding the Duchess and the Duke, they didn't get married because of an arranged marriage, both got married because she discovered his weakness and blackmailed him, over the years the hatred and contempt he feels for her only increased, but he he couldn't divorce her, because he didn't have an excuse to ask for a divorce... The Duchess has a very valuable position in the social world, she values her image a lot, and that's why the Duke calls Sally to help him.

Font: https://m.blog.naver.com/dbfladk24/221312821823
    For those who haven't read the manhwa yet, here's a summary of chapters 01 to 15.

Let's go...

The Sally in her first timeline worked in a "theatre" as a high-end prostitute/dancer, she was a lady who was desired by all men, but none caught her eye, except one, the Arch-Duke Esteban.

At a festive event Sally sees him and falls in love at first sight. Days pass, and she is at the theater thinking about him, she is summoned by the Duke, and she goes to meet him and they have sex.

the next day the Duke went straight, and told her that he needed her as his concubine, and she more than quickly accepted, he gave her everything, jewels, clothes and everything she could not imagine, all she had to do was ask, but love he never he did, since that was the only thing he didn't promise, BUT he NEVER ABUSE her... She knew the Duke's purpose, and the reason why she was there, the problem was that she fell in love with him... And he did he called her to be his concubine, because she was cold with men and never showed interest, and he needed exactly that to get rid of his wife, Duchess Elyse, a cold, calculating and cruel woman.

In the first life, Sally is constantly abused by the Duchess Elysee, where one of them is the burns on her face and body, by a servant at the behest of the Duchess, until at a certain point, she dies in a lamentable way.

In the second timeline, Sally returns to her 16th birthday, but here she starts working as a maid for Dancer Sara, she has a great affection for her, and helps her on many occasions... Sara falls in love with a foreigner, but Duke summons her, as he did with Sally, to protect Sara, Sally goes instead to meet Duke Esteban, there she explains the reason why she switched with Sara, and makes a deal with him... She does not ask for jewelry, or physical contact or anything, just your freedom.

The Arch Duke Esteban is impressed with her proposal, but accepts... She sleeps on the sofa and he on the bed, he dreams of having sex with her (maybe memories of his past life), when Marta, the Duchess' maid knocks on the door , Sally lies on the Duke's bed, showing only her shoulders, implying that the two had sex, Sally knowing who she was, asks her to bring water for her because the Duke made her "work" all night and her mouth was dries up, the duchess's maid is enraged.

Sally is then summoned by the Duchess.

The Duchess treats her politely, but with a twinge of disdain.

Sally leaving the room, the Duchess sends the maid Marta, to choose a maid for Sally, and tells her to throw hot water on her face.

Sally already knew what was going to happen, the maid who was sent was nervous, because she didn't want to do that, and Sally soon realizes that she is a good person, the two make a deal with her.
    Soon the news spreads that Sally was burned, Marta goes to check it out, and meets the family doctor, she asks him excitedly, if Sally burned her face, the doctor just looks at her with a worried face if he answers nothing, and continues on his way... The maid runs to meet the duchess and tells her what she "heard" from the doctor.

Sally had made an agreement with the doctor, she would talk to the Duke to help build a clinic that he dreamed of so much, to help the poorest... The Duke answered her request, helped the doctor.

Sally is calling the attention of the maids, because of the attention given to them, she sees them as human, and appreciates everything he does, and that makes them very happy... they always spoil her, and everyone wants to be employed hers, because it's more comfortable and she values them... The maid Daisy, the one who was going to throw water on her, gets jealous, because until then it was just her (the two became friends).

Daisy tells Sally that she is well liked by the employees.

The day of the Duchess Elysee's birthday party arrives, Sally is not present, and the princess of the kingdom is irritated by the lack of respect for the Duchess and sends for her, forcing her to go to the party.

The Duke watches the Duchess' falsehood from afar, and mutters that she is so evil that she is using even the Princess's innocence for her evil tricks.

the Duke is anxious, because Sally is taking too long... Marques Lionel, known for being like a ''casanova'', has curiosities about what Sally's personality is like, since the Duke has always been calm in relation to women. ... The Duke begins to remember her attitudes since they met, he replies, saying that she looks like a cat... An unpredictable woman, never acts as others want her to, even if she tries to be obedient, if someone isn't to her liking, she goes to great lengths to scratch his face, but still he says he can't stop looking at her, and something makes him always want to follow close to her, because he can't stay too far away from her.

Meanwhile, everyone in the room is also curious to know who is the type of woman who caught the Duke's attention... The Duchess is satisfied with the curiosity of the people present there, because she thinks that this will humiliate Sally, because she thinks that his face is deformed due to "the burns he suffered on his face".

Sally then arrives, glittering in her golden gown and all smart, dressed to kill, kill the Duchess of Hate (lol).

Everyone there is impressed by her beauty and elegance when she arrives... She goes towards the Duchess and the Princess, apologize in front of everyone, for not having attended before, because she thought it would not be appropriate for her to be there... But that she is there now, because she sent the maid Marta with all "sincerity" to "invite" her (apparently, Marta was rude to her when she went to call her).

Then Sally, bows before the Princess and the Duchess, thanking her for the invitation... The Duchess is unhappy with what she sees, and watches with a bitter smile in silence, while Sally congratulates her with a charming and mocking smile , wishing her today, that her birthday is the happiest day of her life.
    The Duchess is disgusted, but does not let herself be shaken and spitefully thanks Sally's congratulations, and at the same time in her mind wondering why she looks normal, she wonders if she used any makeup to hide the scars face burn.

Then the Princess interrupts, and questioning that what she has done, is a lack of shame, for arriving too late to congratulate the Duchess.

Sally watches the Princess, and remembers that in her previous life, the Princess was always at the Duchess's side.

Sally then introduces herself, greets the princess, and apologizes... And then she explains that it took her a long time to get ready properly, as she was not used to dressing elegantly, who asks the princess who has a kind heart to forgive her again .

The princess is embarrassed and moved, and says that this was not a reason to call Sally's attention.... and that does not please the Duchess, as her plan is well calculated.

Then the duchess tells the princess, in front of all the guests that Sally was in her room, since she was not feeling well, because for her to leave the room suddenly, it must have been very difficult for her.

So everyone there, starts to question why she didn't leave the room, and one of the guests says that he heard that she was all deformed due to the burns, and that's why she was trapped in the room, but looking at her, it looks like she was lying.

The Princess gets angry, because she lied to the Duchess about having burned herself... The Duchess, with a slightly mocking smile, hidden behind her fan, plays the victim, and says that Sally is not that kind of person, that she wouldn't lie for something. like this.

Sally smiles, and says that she really didn't lie.

The maid Marta, shouts in an aggressive tone at Sally in front of everyone, saying that she is insulting the Duchess.

The people there say that the fact that the hot water badly burned Sally's face, and everyone in the duke's mansion knows it, and yet she appears brazenly with her normal face as if nothing had happened.

The maid, Marta, forces her to kneel before the Duchess in front of everyone, and ask forgiveness for having lied.

Sally turns to Marta, and says they keep saying things she can't understand.

Then Sally, in her fatally attractive woman manner, asks why everyone says she burned her face, when clearly she burned her body, not her face.

Everyone freezes in shock watching Sally as she asks this question.

Then Sally explains, that it was impossible for the hot water, which was being served in a cup of tea on the table, to fall on her face, unless it was provoked.

Then Sally says, that it is surprising that the Duchess and the Maid Martha say so with such certainty.

Marta is in shock, and begins to wonder if the rumors were false, remembering that the doctor never answered about Sally's condition, she simply based it on what the employees said.
    So Marta, to be a liar, says again that Sally lied, and asks to prove it... Marta goes up to Sally, and tries to take off her clothes in front of everyone, to prove that she is lying... So the Duke intervenes, and pulls Sally hugging her from behind, and said that he is a witness that she has burns on her body, because he himself has seen it.

Everyone is surprised, even the princess blushes when she sees that he is protecting her.

The Duke told everyone that he was the one who asked her not to go out, because her body hasn't recovered yet, but in the end she again didn't listen to him... While stroking her face, the Duke says that he feels bad, seeing the scars all over her body, and wanted her to take care of herself more, as it makes him worried about her not taking care of herself... Sally then takes the Duke's hand, and romantically apologizes for making him worry about her.

Marta feels bad because she can't challenge the Duke.

The Duke then asks Marta in front of everyone, who is the WOMAN in front of her... Marta then replies that Sally is an honored guest of the Duke.

The Duke says he is happy to know that Marta is not crazy, and he said that his guest should not be treated that way... So he forces her to kneel and ask Sally for forgiveness for the way she behaved with her in front of everyone .

in her thinking, Marta feels humiliated for asking forgiveness from a woman she considers insignificant.

Marta kneels down and asks Sally for forgiveness, in a mocking way for having called her a liar... At the end Marta gives a slight mocking smile saying that she already apologized, that this was more than Sally deserved, and stays on her knees waiting for Sally's answer, thinking she would forgive her or something.

But much to her sadness, Sally politely humiliates her... Sally tells Marta, that she had heard that she was a very polite maid, but that she was extremely disappointed, because not even Marta knows what mistakes she made.

Marta is in shock and asks what mistake... Sally then says that her name is not "YOU"... Making the Duchess's personal maid recognize her in front of everyone that Sally is also a lady of that house... The duke is pleased with what he sees.

The Duchess apologizes to Sally for her maid's behavior, and that she will punish her, and asks for an end to the matter.

Sally agrees with the Duchess, and said that this moment is one of celebration.

The music starts, the Duke invites Sally to dance in front of the Duchess and the Princess, who looks at the scene with pity for the Duchess, but Sally refuses, and asks him to dance with the Duchess, because today is her birthday, and it would be wrong of her to start the dance with the Duke... The Duke very reluctantly dances with the Duchess, everyone is surprised that he accepted, including the Duchess who was forced to accept because of the Princess, who insisted.. The Duchess in her thoughts says she wanted to break someone's neck with a smile on her face... I don't know which of the 3 she made the reference to (Duke, Princess or Sally)

Sally stays at a distance watching them dance, and at the same time remembering her first life... When she started dancing with the Duke, giving more power to the Duchess who came out as a victim, and Sally as the villain of the story.
    As they dance, the Duchess says "I'm sorry" for the Duke dancing with her, he soon says he was forced to do that... Then the Duchess says she already knows, since he answered the concubine's request, and says she was surprised, because he didn't realize that she was beautiful and smarter than she thought... With a sinister face, the Duchess warns the Duke, telling him that from now on, she will outshine Sally, and that he be prepared , because she will do what is in her power.

The Duke looks at her with a smile, and tells her to be careful, as the Duchess may be the first to fall.

the duchess says that he has become too cruel, and that he will never be able to beat her, and the duke in his thoughts says "let's see who wins".

as they dance, everyone is in awe, saying that the duchess is angelic, and start staring at Sally saying that he imagined her as an interesting and ambitious person, but she is more refined than they could imagine, although Sally is a common person, she maintain your posture even if it is painful.

Sally is a little uncomfortable with the looks, but she doesn't care about it... as it doesn't affect her anymore, as she has learned to hide her weaknesses... She watches the young women dancing, and says that they remind her of her previous life.

The dyke finishes the dance, and complains to Sally that she made him dance with the Duchess, while resting comfortably.

Sally then begins to wonder why the Duke hates the Duchess so much.

the Duchess sits with other women at a separate table, Sally watches and knows she is being talked down to.

The Duke invites Sally to dance, and the two rock, leaving everyone in awe and getting compliments, which the Duchess doesn't like.

The party comes to an end and the Duchess is in her room... She is whipping her maid Marta, wounding her back to the point of blood.

The Duchess is very irritated, and asks Marta who she is, and Marta responds by saying that her name is Duchess Elysee Esteban... With every question the Duchess asked, she whipped Marta without mercy, she was very irritated because everyone there present, he compared Sally to her... And because the Duke said in front of everyone that she (Sally) was his most precious person to him.

so she stops whipping her, and asks Marta to write thanking all the noble women who were at her birthday party, and that the content doesn't matter... Because what counts is the name of who was written in the letter ( Elysee "ESTEBAN"), and the seal of the duchy that is engraved on the letter, as this will show who is in the position... here she references her position as lady of the house, and because she carries the surname ESTEBAN, and the Not Sally... And of course, it doesn't matter if Sally is the concubine, still she's just a powerless mistress, and she's of course the legal wife.

Sally is in her room waiting for the butler Evan to arrive with the wine, but the Duke arrives with the wine, she is surprised and asks where Evan is, and the Duke replies that he had an urgent service to do, Duke sent him clean leaves (lol)

Sally invites the Duke to drink with her... The Duke gives her a refined chocolate in the shape of roses, in the form of thanks... according to Sally, this chocolate is the kind you have to eat before you die, because it is very difficult to get one, as it comes from a super popular store.

She asks why, and he said that she herself said that she could reward her with chocolates, and she remembers her past life, and says that he presented her with simple chocolates, nothing sophisticated, or with jewelry.

Sally tells the Duke that it feels strange to receive this chocolate, and he tells her that this is nothing strange as it is compensation for the good work she has done.

She smiles happily, and thanks for the present because she liked the present very much... The Duke starts to stare at her, and is amazed at her posture and starts blushing, and wondering why she is so hot.

Sally then asks the Duke if he ever had any feelings for the Duchess... The Duke is surprised by the question, and more quickly replies that he NEVER loved her... Sally insists on asking why, and he responds by saying that the the duchess is only with him because of his last name ESTEBAN, and he says that he would never love such a person, but that he would be surprised if a noble person wasn't ambitious with his family's last name... So he says he doesn't want it anymore talk about it, and asks to end the conversation... Sally observes the expression on the duke's face, and says that it wasn't just hate, and says that there is something else he wants to hide... Then she says in her mind , that it no longer interests her.

meanwhile somewhere in the palace, the maids are chatting and praising Sally, and another maid is watching from afar, and leaves without the other maids noticing.

Daisy observes this euphoria, and tells Sally that she is very popular among the servants of the dukedom... And says that many servants want her position, and she tells Sally, that she will never give up her position as Sally's servant.

Sally finds her jealousy cute, and says that she doesn't need to worry as she trusts and likes Daisy a lot, and asks her to take good care of her from now on, Daisy is touched by Sally's speech.

Sally asks Daisy if she has any letters for her, and her boss says no... She thinks it strange, due to the fact that she has caught the attention of the nobility... Then she realizes that Elysee has already taken a step forward ... She is worried, because if this continues, she will not participate in any social festivities and will not be able to make a name for herself... She thinks that the duke would never let that happen, but she wants to be recognized for her effort, and for her her name.

She says that she will create a reason to be called at some event.

Meanwhile, the duke is on a date with some nobles (all men).

Upon arriving at the meeting, all the men stare at the duke, and wonder what that stain is on his blouse, near the neck, then they realize it's a lipstick mark... They wonder if the duke didn't notice that, since they were always refined... So the nobles, soon says that the owner of the lipstick is Sally.
    Then the Duke realized Sally's intention was to provoke this commotion... Then he remembers what happened earlier, before he went to the meeting, Sally screams "passionately" for the Duke, and goes to meet him to say goodbye to him, hugging him, and at that moment she kisses the collar of her blouse, he is amazed, because this is the first time he has seen her in the morning... He then realizes that she has some plan and he pretends that he believes it, she hugs him leaving him surprised him, as she tells him not to forget about her, she will miss him... returning to the meeting, lost in his thoughts he realizes that Sally wants to spread rumors to the other nobles that the Duke is completely in love with she... he begins to remember how she is, in the morning a sweet woman in love with him, and at night, a cold and distant woman with him... Suddenly, he starts to get irritated because he feels used by her (kkkk)... The nobles are embarrassed, because they think the duke is irritated with m them because they kept staring and talking about him.

The next day Sally receives many invitations, and celebrates that her plan has worked.

So she has to choose who will be the first one she will accept, she says she has to choose someone who has prestige, but who doesn't give much importance to the duchess... Amidst the invitations, she finds the Baroness Julieta Rosebel.

At the Baroness's house, the guests arrive, excited to learn more about the Duke's new mistress.

The Baroness is relieved to invite Sally, she made a lot of people come to her tea party... She says that not many people invited Sally, because of the Duchess... So she says the more people do it the more sassy she must be to be.

Amy, a friend of the Baroness, arrives super excited to meet Sally, she is worried about what to call her... The Baroness says that Sally has no name, because she was a dancer's maid, and that was the reality, she can hide behind the duke, that will never change.

As she's talking, Amy freezes and looks away in awe elsewhere... The Baroness asks what she's looking at, and it was Sally behind her, a skintight blue dress emphasizing her curves.... Sally thanks for the invitation, and introduces herself as "Sally Esteban".

Sally then starts remembering the past, and remembers who the Baroness is... She recalls that the Baroness family has a bad reputation, and that many high-level nobles ignore her, but she was quite persistent.

The Baroness is disgusted to see Sally, as she had heard about Sally's life history, and it wasn't good... But she was surprised to see her looking so elegant and beautiful.

Amy introduces herself politely, and says she represents the house of Viscount Lawrence... Sally returns the greeting.

Amy is impressed that Sally is taller than her, but younger, and says that is why she is more elegant.
    Baroness says it's a shame that Sally looks older than her real age, being so young.

Amy is embarrassed, and tells the baroness that she was not referring to that... Soon the baroness cuts off Amy's speech, and asks Sally if this was her first aristocratic party, since before she was a servant of a dancer, the Baroness speaks with a tone of arrogance and contempt... In her thinking, she thinks that Sally will be intimidated, and be offended, but nothing goes as she wants, contrary to that Sally confirms with a smile on her face, and saying that she was very excited that this was her first aristocratic party, leaving the baroness embarrassed and Amy more and more in awe.

At the duke's mansion, the duke asks the butler Evan where Sally is, and the butler replies that he is at a tea party at the baroness' house.

then he travels in his thoughts, and remembers that she was choosing a dress, and asking if it looked nice... He thinks aloud in front of the butler Evan, that she is doing well, the butler asks what he is talking about, and he dismisses the conversation and asks to fix the carriage as he has business in town.

At the tea party, Baroness Juliet makes a call thanking everyone present at her tea party.

Sally takes the last seat, and the Baroness is happy to hear that she knows her place, she is worried that Sally will sit next to her, as if she is superior.

The barones praises Condensa Satur's dress, and the question is from a certain famous designer... The Condensa replies that yes, and the baroness begins to praise her for the dress, and brags about having bought one from the same designer ... In her thoughts, she says that it was worth buying the dress, even if it cost her a lot of money... Back in her thoughts, the Baroness points towards Sally, and questions her about her not knowing nothing about fashion since she worked as a maid in a theater, and questions whether the dress she wears, if and when she wore it when she was still a dancer's maid, since she cannot hide where it came from.

The baroness goes on to say, in front of all the guests on the table, that her dress resembles those that theater dancers usually wear to seduce men... As much as she is the duke's concubine, she has to show respect , why is it shameful to walk around in that kind of dress... She goes on, and tells Sally that lower class women like her, however much they like to expose themselves, as for aristocratic women it is shameful to expose themselves in this vulgar way..., Sally remains silent watching, while the baroness distils poison... Soon all mocked, the baroness still mocks saying, that she says that for Sally's sake, since maybe she doesn't know how the very aristocratic works.

Sally then responds, all elegantly, that the one who lacked knowledge about the aristocratic world was the baroness... Because Sally's dress was made by a much more famous designer than she mentioned, and it was at the request of the Duke who chose the model of the dress .

Everyone is surprised when they find out who made the dress, and of course, the baroness was extremely embarrassed.

I apologize if something goes wrong, I also don't know how to use the spoiler correctly... I'm still learning, please be patient with me

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Saisaka, EliVesper, pekas and 31 others like this.
  15. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude,your spoilers were perfect:blobdizzy:❤I did summaries in other threads so I know how much effort you put into it.

16. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16 and 17

The baroness lost in her thoughts, showing herself extremely irritated, says that the stylist who made Sally's dress is called Camora, and is very famous in the empire, and comes from a very noble family, she selects who her clients are, and he doesn't design more than 2 dresses a year and he has never made dresses for a stranger.

Sally then says that Camora was delighted with her body, and that's why she made a dress highlighting the line of the shoulders and the neckline... Camora added that if she wore a dress that was in fashion right now, the dress would look like crumpled cloth on her body, and that it was important that the dress fit her body.

Sally then asks the Baroness for her opinion.

The baroness, being extremely irritated and screaming, tells Sally that even if Miss Camora had made this dress it should have been more conservative, the dress is too revealing to be used in a tea that only has reserved ladies.

The Baroness goes on and asks Sally if she isn't ashamed.

Sally says she has no shame and goes on to respond to Baroness saying she would never be shy about showing the most beautiful parts of her body and she adds saying there is nothing wrong with being proud of the beauty she has.

Amy is worried that Sally is going too far with her lines, as she knows the Baroness is doing this to provoke her, but she remains silent.

But in the end Sally controls herself, and starts praising each of the Ladies present there, talking about some of the highlights of the noble ladies... Like, for example, ring, lipstick, earrings and hairstyles of some of the guests, and they are glad that Sally noticed.

Amy notices that the Baroness is uncomfortable, and tells Sally that she forgot to mention the Baroness, so Sally looks at the Baroness, and says that she remembers Duchess Elysee from head to toe, the Baroness is irritated by the comparison, and says that it won't stay like that.

A guest asks if anyone knows if a particular store has opened abroad.

Sally interrupts and says that she heard rumors about the store, although small their designs are different, they are simple but had an air of mystery.

The Baroness again insults Sally for being a servant and says that she must have many strange acquaintances and that she must get along with many of them (I believe she is talking about sexual favors here).

Amy then asks Baroness to behave herself as she is being very rude to Sally.

Sally tells the Baroness that she would like to recommend some places for her to enjoy these days.
    The furious Baroness says she doesn't know the trends "these days." (I didn't quite understand that part of their conversation)

Then the Duke arrives with a bunch of blue flowers, saying that he has come to collect Sally.
    The ladies are delighted at the scene of the Duke's arrival, for they never heard of him going to a tea party to collect the Duchess.
    the duke apologizes to all the ladies as he thought the tea party was over.

In a flashback, Sally asks the Duke to buy her a bouquet of flowers, the Duke asks if she is not satisfied with the dress he gave her.
    Then Sally explains to him that the flowers are not for her, but for the Ladies, she says that these are a bribe on his part, as a thank you from the ladies for taking care of their beloved woman. End of flashback.

Sally is impressed because she didn't think he would come himself, she thought he would send someone in her place.

He asks if she was treated well, and she says yes... She asks him in front of the ladies if he was afraid of her making a mistake, and he replies that he didn't because he knows her very well, and knows that she never go wrong.

Ladies are thrilled to see that scene of the couple in love.

The Baroness does not understand why Sally has not told the Duke of the insults she has leveled at Sally.

The Duke goes towards the Baroness, and she is worried... He approaches her with the bouquet of flowers, thanking her for inviting Sally.

The Baroness is ashamed and blushes, and says that there is no need for this.

In her thought, she wonders why the duke is giving her flowers... Then the duke tells her not to worry because the flowers are for all the ladies at the tea party, and she is embarrassed because she thought that he would give them the bouquet of flowers just for her.

He asks the Baroness for permission to distribute the flowers to the ladies... They are delighted with the gift, and Sally is watching from afar, the enthusiasm of the ladies... And she feels satisfied, because it seems that her objective has been achieved.

Sally takes the Duke's arm and says she'll go first, and thanks everyone for hosting her at the tea party... The ladies reciprocate by thanking her in return, and say they're off too.
    Sally thanks the Baroness for inviting her and leaves.
    meanwhile, the baroness hides behind her fan, extremely embarrassed, without saying a word.

The female guests watch the Duke and Sally walk away like a couple in love, then they gesture that the Duke is really in love with Sally, and then one of the ladies says that the Duke married the Duchess against his will, so he never experienced love, since he never had feelings for the duchess.

In the carriage, the Duke gives Sally a bouquet of red roses and she asks why.

He doesn't understand, because instead of saying thank you, she asks "why".

He tells her it's a thank you for today.

She thinks the bouquet was an exaggeration, because it's too big... So she wonders if it's because the manager of the flower shop was delighted with his face.

Then she starts imagining women blushing at the sight of him.

so she lets it go, as she too has been through this before (in her first life).

Sally is looking at the red roses, and remembers something that happened in her first life, she remembers going to a random aristocrat's party, she wanted to be worthy of using the last name Esteban, but as far as she can arrived, was compared to a court jester, she felt compelled to drink at the event... At the end of the party she was a little drunk, went to her room, the duke was never with her, and she felt lonely because there was no one near her... She enters her room, she regrets that all her efforts are in vain, and wonders why she is there, and what is so good about love since that feeling only serves to hurt.

Then, on top of the table in her room, she sees a beautiful bouquet of red roses, but she doesn't know who gave them to her... She says that the roses she received were the only things that comforted her in that cold and lonely mansion. .
    She never knew who sent those roses, although there was a card, but at that time, she couldn't read or write, as she didn't want to show other people what was written, she decided to keep it with her a secret.

Back in her current life, Sally in her thinking makes comparisons to the current duke and the duke from her previous life... She says he was colder before his return.

The Duke asks if she liked receiving the flowers, and Sally says no, but that she sure does like red roses.

Already in the duke's mansion, the butler Evan knocks on the door and asks if everything is okay, as he heard some strange noises coming from the room.
    The duke says he's fine, and asks him to go on his way, but the butler insists on asking if he's fine, but the duke loses his temper and yells at him to go away, the butler quickly leaves.

Inside his room, the Duke is naked and saying he is losing his mind.
    Sally calls him and says she can't handle him making that expression... The Duke is sitting on the bed without clothes on, Sally climbs on top of him with no clothes on, and tells him to relax... The Duke asks Sally to stop, but she asks him to look into her eyes, and then she tells him that he doesn't need to worry, because she is Duke Cassis' lover, his only and exclusive lover.

He loses control and throws her on the bed, and climbs on top of her panting and looking at her as she asks him to hug her.
    :nosebleed:
    Here I think he is dreaming about her.

Thank you very much!:aww:

17. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    I think so too.
    Menina,depois que voltei no seu post que percebi que vc é brasileira kkkk

NubeBlack and Fabicd like this.
  18. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 18
    The Duke wakes up very worried because his dream was very real... he can't understand why he is dreaming having sex with Sally every night
    Meanwhile, Daisy celebrates that the invitations for Sally keep coming... Then Sally sees that the invitations are from the ladies of the tea party, among them is Amy's.
    Sally is curious, as she doesn't remember anyone from the Lawrence family in her past life.
    Back to the Duke, he goes for a walk to cool off, and he sees that the maids at the mansion, is talking about the Duke visiting Sally every day, and says that the Duke is very much in love, and one of the maids says it would be wonderful if he visited Sally every night.
    he is in a hidden corner listening to their conversation, he says that was the intention, then he has a flashback, to their nights, where they are sitting each on a different sofa, reading the newspaper. End of flashback.
    The duke feels strange, and says this is making him worried. (I think he's already in love, but he didn't realize it.).

Again he starts having the two of them having sex, Sally calls him Your Excellency and asks him to hold her tighter... Sally calls him again saying he had to do it harder, then he comes to his senses with her calling out to him, she takes the wine bottle he was trying to open, and complains that he had to pull "'more force"', so she opens the wine bottle herself.
    he keeps staring at her not understanding what just happened.
    she then asks if he is ok, and he replies that yes, that he was just thinking about some things, sally thinks that he already had a drink before going to the room, as his ears are red.
    To change the subject he asks her if she wants to know about the Lawrence family.
    she says yes.
    Then the Duke says that the Lawrences have a common history and fortune... However, there is something that calls attention to this family, which are his 6 daughters.
    He says that everyone said that the Lawrences were going bankrupt because he was preparing his daughters' dowries, but in the end it was the opposite.
    each time Viscount Lawrence sent his daughters to marry, the fortune increased, all his sons-in-law had a lot of money, and had great wealth and came from good lineage, or had a great reputation.
    The most interesting thing is that marriages were not arranged, but predestined.
    The family became known for the "Lawrence magic."
    Sally is amazed, and says that the story is beautiful... So the Duke says yes, and that in this case it is a miracle, with very rare odds.
    Sally begins to wonder what goes through the Duke's mind on this subject... he thinks that making sense of something uncertain like love is useless.
    Sally, still lost in thought, says that the nobles of the empire always separate love from marriage, that's why they look for a mistress... But in the Duke's case, he didn't even think about his "beloved" concubine, for him the mistress was As a means of getting a divorce, she finds the Duke pitiful as she feels the Duke's heart has no room for love.
    Sally feels sorry for him, and thinks he is a very sad person, as he has a heart of ice.
    The duke cuts in on Sally's thoughts, and asks why she wants to know about the viscount's family.
    and she says that she was invited by Amy to a tea party.
    the duke then tells her to wear one of the dresses that stylist Camora made for her.
    The Duke is excited, and in his mind he says he should order more dresses for her.
    Sally asks why, since the invitation is personal.
    The duke freezes and comes to his senses all embarrassed, and says she's right, then asks her to forget what he said, he blushes all over and hides behind the newspaper so she doesn't see it, although she already noticed .

At the same time, the Duchess is having a tea party, so she asks if any of her guests know anything about Mistress Grace.
    but the guests don't know who it is, only one asks if the Duchess was asking Condensa Grace, and the Duchess says yes.
    The lady says that she heard that she has a small territory.
    The Duchess, looking like a resentful whore, tells the guests that she's heard that she invited Sally to a tea party, but she's not sure if that's just a rumour.
    A few ladies are silently staring at each other with concern, as some of them also sent the invitation to Sally.
    The Duchess' Bitch pretends to be innocent, while inducing the ladies to think wrongly, leading them to understand that the Condense has chosen Sally as the Duke's wife.
    So everyone feels sorry for her, and one of the ladies offers to investigate, she is lost in thought, and is curious to know what Sally is like.
    Meanwhile, the Duchess watches the ladies feeling sorry for her, while she brags that her plan worked, and gives a smirk.

19. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah,I think it's still too early to be in love.
    Having a crush on her and feeling lust?Sure,but not love yet.

Herbie420, Eelillya and Fabicd like this.
  20. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sim!:blob_grin:
    você também é?

NubeBlack and LeideLis like this.