LCD The Guidebook for Villainesses

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Dec 28, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-guidebook-for-villainesses/

[​IMG]

This is a straight up Second Chance story, with no transmigration, in a medieval-like setting. I just started reading it so I don't know all of the details yet. No magic so far, but the chapter-1 prologue mentions "demons".

So the premise is the MC's first life was as a obedient, gullible, and malleable girl who basically spent her life being used like a pawn and puppet. She wised up when she was to be sacrificed by her husband, the Prince, as a token gesture. She killed herself to ruin his plans and then woke up in the past. Pretty standard set up.

My problem with the story is how suddenly smart she is after regressing. She wasn't a very smart girl to begin with and she spent most of her life just doing what she was told, first by her father and then by her husband, the Prince. She spent most of her younger life focused on clothes and make up, then pretending to be a saintess after her father hooked her up with the Prince. She wasn't allowed out and was pretty much led around like a show piece.

Yet, after she woke up from her suicide, she had confidence and composure. She knew how to handle herself, BY HERSELF. She not only knew about things she was never allowed to do or even to think about, but also where they were and how to interact while there. I dare say that she was practically street-smart. Plus the author occasionally slipping in modern (Earth) concepts breaks the immersion even more.

Well, all that said, the translations is good and the story is easy to read. It's interesting enough for me to continue to see how it will pan out.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    hansora and sithkazar like this.
  2. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless it's a smart and high IQ soul transmigrated into the body, it would make sense. But, personally I prefer the MC who slowly gets the hang of everything, from weak to strong. It's not my preference when everything goes well for the MC as if there's no obstacles but, it's hard to find novels like that

3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no transmigration.