Spoiler The Kind Older Sister Is No More

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 4, 2020.

1. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Caught this on the wiki it explains a lot, but raises lots of plot holes
    She was actually the only daughter of Empress Seon and Emperor Seon. In other words, it is a red-haired royal family and a royal woman who inherited the blood of the imperial family. https://namu.wiki/w/착한 언니는 없다#rfn-10

2. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noises like mmmmmnnn aaaaah

3. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please~

rock.doll likes this.
  4. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, obviously it wouldn't be the current Emperor's family but another one (cuz lol that would make Irene related to Noel (???) but that would make Irene's back story even more interesting! Oh man if only Irene went into the "villainess revenge" route like Aria lmao (From Villainess Reverse the Hourglass) :blobpopcorn::blobowoevil_horns: Much thanks for spoilers :blob_pompom: @mattomatto

5. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is the emperor from another country or at least from another clan, because Noel's parents were the emperor and empress (based on the mtl when Irene was talking about the family portrait). The current emperor is Noel's uncle and has a hate boner for Irene. I will try to read up again tonight

6. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Back again with more spoiler ---

Noel called one of Irene's favourite painter to paint their portrait. Irene was fangirling to the painter which made Noel all jealous. As they stood next to each other to be painted, Irene thanked him for finding out whose her favourite painter and Noel said that he is regretting his decision. Irene was surprised to see a dark look on his face.

Fortunately, Irene just quickly calmed him down and praised Noel for able to find the painter as the painter is a hermit and bit mysterious. It made Noel feel proud and happy.

the portrait --- It showed that both Noel and Irene were looking at each other full of love. Irene noted that Noel's expression is very warm but she didn't know that he looks at her LIKE THAT.

- When Irene was angry or stressed she always clenched her own fist which sometimes hurt herself. After receiving the letter from her aunt, Noel told her that next time she can clench or hold on to his hand.

- Noel told her that his heart will always follow hers which to Irene sounds like a confession.
    - The journey to the north is long time, there are many moments of Noel offering comfort for Irene and vise versa.
    - Remember the jerk Boris? Well Noel destroyed that family completely after the whole debacle with Irene. There is no trace of the family in society.
    - Noel like it when Irene called him 'husband' in front of other people.

When he was painting our couple, he remembered about another couple he once drew a painting of when he was still a rookie. The couple was very much in love with each other that Carr find them very beautiful.

When Carr looked up at Irene, he found her to be alike to the couple that was in his memories. He told himself it was not possible after all the couple already dead. Although he noted that the blonde hair and the eyes resemble the previous couple.

He also found that our couple resembles the previous couple (the vibe -- they just look in love and look -- for Irene's case) that he almost shred tears.

Until the end, before he went back, he was still speculating why Irene resembles the couple he once drew before. He wondered whether there's some connection

So, Irene received a letter after Carr went home. It was a letter from her aunt, Name Fredan. So this aunt look after Irene until she was three years old (Noel knows about this from the investigation he did on Irene).

The aunt wanted to see Irene for one last time because she wasn't feeling well. Irene wasn't sure about it and Noel asked what she wanted to do about the request.

Then we got a bit of memory from Irene who remembers being called 'dear Princess' by her aunt when she was living with her in the northern poles.

Anyway, Irene ended up going to meet her aunt for one last time (although I'm not sure if the woman connected to Chase because it was mentioned she already divorced -- and there's no mention about who is his husband).

Once arrived in the aunt's place. Irene found out that all this time her aunt has been sending letters to she never received it. After hearing that, Noel started to think about all the facts that he knows and see about the Chase family and Irene. He pointed out that everything that the family does and says is contradictory to one another.

Anyway, the aunt is very sick and Irene asked why she didn't go to the capital for treatment. Then the butler informed that the Chase family had cut all the support for the aunt. It has been 10 years since the support cut -- they (Chase family) left the aunt for dead because the north doesn't have many resources, not many people are living there anymore.

Noel had been speculating that something is not right with the whole timeline and Chase's family action since the moment he heard story from the butler. So he asked Irene to tell him about what she remembers.

Irene didn't really remember her childhood. She just guesses that she was sent to her aunt's place because her parents need to focus on Riel (they are one year apart). But now she doubts that and doesn't know anything about her childhood.

Noel said that the only person who knows the answer is Count Chase (remembering that the aunt is on death's door). Irene told Noel she will saw Count Chase after they returned back to the capital.

BUT, the count came over later that night. Noel offered to accompany Irene meeting the count but Irene said she is fine on her own, so she went with the butler to greet the count.

The count blame his sister (the aunt is his sister apparently) for everything that happen in his life, including letting the northern people starve to death. He mentioned about because of his sister, SHE (idk who this is) broke his heart. Then he proceeds to ask something from her.

He proceeds to blackmail her but the aunt just held her breath which make all the machine in the room beeping loudly. This cause the butler to run inside the room (he was kicked out earlier). The count was chased out and once out he met with Noel.

Noel started to interrogate the count about his treatment toward Irene. He said how everything he did was as if he was trying to hide Irene from the world. The count was taken aback and just told him that it was bullshit then walked way, but Noel noticed that his eyes (the count's) were wavering.

We got confirmation (from the count's inner thoughts) that yes, he was trying to hide Irene from the world for the rest of his life, but she escaped. He never loves Irene so it doesn't matter but there's something that his sister had that he needs to take before it was given to Irene.

The count left that night didn't even fulfill his promise to talk to Irene the next morning.

On her last breath, the aunt called Irene, dear princess and said that she had a last present for her.

After the funeral, the butler lead Irene to a secret passage that lead to the basement. The butler told Irene that the count wanted the thing that was hidden there. Inside the room, there is a box that contained a drawing.

When Irene held the painting, she saw strange power (just like what she saw during the banquet) then she heard someone's voice saying, "Why are you here now. I waited. My underdog (?) Rivera."

The voice then continues: What's the matter, Rivera. That's ridiculous. It's been a long time, hasn't it?
    Irene: I'm no Rivera.
    The voice: What? Not Rivera? But this feeling, I was sure---. Then who are you?
    Irene: Irene. Irene Kristan.
    The voice: Irene Kristan, i have never heard of that name. Where's Rivera? I was waiting for her.
    Irene: I don't know who Rivera is, but my aunt, Madame Fredan, gave you to me.
    The voice: Mada Fredan? I don't know who is that so I just follow my contractor who told me to sleep until I found Rivera.

After that, the light and voice gone. Irene looked at the painting in her hand and started analyzing it. In the painting was a girl (teenage) with golden hair and green eyes. When Irene saw that, she thought that the girl look like her.

Irene then asked the butler if he know anyone named Rivera. The butler suggested looking at the aunt's diary. The butler handed the diary to Irene and she returned to Noel. Irene told Noel what happened and showed the painting to him. Noel can't take his eyes off the drawing. He felt something about the girl in the picture.

Noel's grandfather is so adorable. The moment he saw Irene arriving from the north he quickly asked if she's alright and if she caught any cold.

so in chapter 109, there is a scene between the emperor and Riel (i believe it is Riel). Riel told the emperor that Irene was the daughter of the previous Empress Mama. She said that her aunt (Madam Fredan was the Empress maid and friend) and that Irene went to live with her until she was three years old.

The emperor asked why she was telling him this and she said that it to relief her family sins (or something like that) so he can forgive him. Then asked what if she lied and Riel said that she put her neck on the line.

okaaaaaaaayyyyyy, I think I get something wrong on the earlier mtl.

In early mtl, I think I wrote that the Emperor is still blood-related to Noel's family. But after chapter 109/110, I don't think that one is right, because there is never an explicit explanation that they are connected. So his family consist of: The grandfather (grand duke) ---> Son (Who died with his wife) ---> 1st son (Who died in a carriage) and Noel.

I think I got confused because somewhere earlier the mtl translate their position as 'emperor' well it supposed to be grand duke.

Irene on the other hand is the previous' Empress daughter (based on the hints so far).

AND WE GOT A BACKSTORY ON RIEL!

When they were young, Riel actually genuinely love Irene. She saw Irene as her role model and she wanted to play with her all the time. She loves her so much and at young age she knows she Irene will always love and by her side because of her condition. Until she knows the truth!

One night, Riel was going to her parents' room to sleep with them when she heard them talking about Irene's origin. When she heard that she didn't want to believe it. Riel's mind was like: Sister is royalty? Sister is superior to me?

Riel knew about the order of the society so when she knew that Irene was a royalty she didn't want to admit it that Irene is superior. In Riel's mind, Irene's position is just there, under her feet. A person who stand for her. Riel remembered her birthday wish in the past and it was to have Irene to be with her forever. She wanted Irene to be with her forever as her shadow, so she can look at her.

Now, Riel is bitter that Irene wasn't with her anymore. She was angry because Irene was in the light now and stood next to Noel so now she can't wait for her destruction.

Anyway.... this is what i can read today ^^~ (it's until chapter 110)

7. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that Noel's dad was the emperor but his mom was a commoner? Hence his "illegitimate status"? Thanks for the spoilers :blob_sunglasses: :aww:

Svitlanak likes this.
  8. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wheww.. thanks for the whole lot of spoilers today! May you stay healthy to give us more spoilers~ :cookie:
    Soo... Riel is indeed from the root a trash of little sister, she never thinks for Irene's happiness and only see her as her shadow even from early age. Riel's sickness is confirmed to be real then, yes? Somehow I hope she meets her end because of her sickness not because of some punishment...

Paris_Eve, By.Eve, ArkiV_10 and 8 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I thought to at first, but it seems that it is not the case. Probably I will need to go back again to around to chapter 20-30 to check on Noel's family but so as far as I can remember he is only been mentioned about being 'illegitimate' once and he was only treated coldly once his brother's died.

Riel's sickness is confirmed to be real as everytime we see her, she still has the condition even when there's no people around to look and pity her. I think from the backstory Riel has a twisted 'love' toward Irene and now it just morphed into hatred

10. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, @mattomatto thank you for all the spoilers and reading the raws!! At least we do have a back story on that "spoiler" on wiki about her being royalty.. But if she really is the late empress daughter, is it the royal family of their kingdom or another kingdom? And like on the attached screenshot, it was written that the current emperor was the brother of the late empress. So does that mean that Irene is the current emperor's niece?

Paris_Eve likes this.
  11. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    According to chapter 109 & 110 and from Riel's conversation with the emperor and her backstory. Irene is the current Emperor's niece from their country. Although, I wasn't sure if the late Empress rule over their kingdom or not.

After all, there is a chance that the late Empress was married off to another kingdom.

12. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait wait. i'm confused. so they're related?

13. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, the screenshot won't show but..

upload_2020-7-2_23-13-18.png

So, actually the emperor (current) is not biologically Irene's uncle, if i am understanding the mtl right. However, this gives more question as the current emperor does not have royal blood, how did he become the emperor? I can only think of a secret coup.. Did nobody on the kingdom questioned the current emperor's qualification to be in his position? What was the position of the royal family in this novel, anyway? Is the kingdom being run by high ranking nobles that the royal family are mere figureheads? Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 11.11.32 PM.png

Anyways, thank you @mattomatto for all your spoilers!!

Attached Files:

14. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh I love what you say here! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Shey_04 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    let me try to make a family tree (based on the information i have so far).

Irene was the daughter of Emperor Seon and Empress Seon (but we didn't know if they used to rule the country where Irene's currently live in). Empress Seon is the sister of the current Emperor (who had sent an assassin to Irene before).

speculation 1 (if the current emperor has any relation with Noel & if Noel's parents used to be emperor): Empress Seon (Irene's mother) was married off to another country to Emperor Seon. The current Emperor (let's call him Bro-Emperor) rule over the kingdom and marry someone a princess of the kingdom (Noel's father's sister) and then become Emperor. ---> but this is the least likely scenario because if Noel's father is an emperor his brother should be the next succession not his sister.

speculation 2 (Emperor Seon and Empress Seon are ruler of the kingdom): Emperor Seon married to the royal family to Empress Seon. Both died and the Bro-Emperor took the throne (because probably they didn't find Irene's body). In this case the Bro-Emperor don't have any relation to Noel's family.

edit -- added new information:
    Oh yeah, I remember that on the spoiler from wiki that the Bro-Emperor is a step-sibling. If the Empress married to the royal family... that just odd that the Bro-Emperor can even get to his position, after all it supposed to go to the previous Emperor's family/siblings first. If it's a secret coup--- wow that coup is very successful that it didn't bring up any civil war in the country. I will read more again

16. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    So our couple went our for another date, this time a festival in the city. On the way back, in the carriage. Irene mentioned about how she enjoyed her outing because she was with Noel. Then Noel called her.

Noel: Irene
    Irene: Yes?
    Noel: I like you.
    At this point Irene had her heart beating very fast because she didn't want to get her hopes up. She didn't want to ruin whatever dynamic she has with Noel
    Noel: I like Irene. I like you rationally.

Irene who thought that Noel was confessing confused when Noel added that he likes her rationally so she asked him if he loves her.

Noel: Yes. I love Irene because it is Irene.
    Noel: I want to hear Irene's answer, but you--
    Irene: Me too.
    Irene: I have the same feeling toward Noel.

Just as Irene declared her love, the carriage shook and she fell forward where Noel catches her and asked if this is a dream. When both confirmed that it wasn't a dream, Irene burst into tears.

Irene was the first to say I love you to Noel in that moment and Noel returned it while they were still hugging each other. Once they arrived home, Noel just carried Irene to their bedroom and started undressing her to do the deed ;). Noel mentioned about how he can't wait anymore. In Irene's memory it was the night where everything is drenched with ecstasy.

Noel suggesting them to get washed together but Irene was too embarrassed. Noel told her, he knew that she will be uncomfortable so he won't do it but then he ask if he can listen in and Irene told him no, at least not yet.

Irene read her aunt diary and we got a glimpse of the past.

One day, the Emperor was almost poisoned. The Bro-Emperor (Sir Windless; young brother of the Empress) said that it was the work of the Empress who he swear went to the Emperor's bedroom secretly. But because of the aunt's testify the Empress had her name cleared.

The Empress is the adopted child of the Windless family. (At this point, Noel joined Irene reading the diary together). The Empress belongs to another family that is from another country. All her family already annihilated by the empire during the unification war. She was the only survivor.

The Empress went to the capital to avenge her clan but failed. (Remember in the previous spoiler about a clan that able to wield magic but they already extinct --- well the Empress is from that clan).

During this time, the Duke of Windless approached her and asked her to be the power for his son who is the blood of the royal family. They will take revenge in her stead. The Empress accepted the offer but after marrying the Emperor she ended truly in love with the Emperor. The Empress decided not to follow the plan because she wanted to keep her happiness.

Confucious Windress (Bro-Emperor) gave false testimony because he knew that the Empress has no intention to put him on the throne.

The Empress' real name is Rivera.

@ChuChi now we get explanation about Empress and Bro-Emperor relationship and at least why no one questioned him sitting on the throne

edit- added spoiler

It was indeed a
    coup. Prince Endres (ah this is the Bro-Emperor name) became a traitor and turned on the Emperor. The soldiers start looking for the Empress but at the time she was hiding in a small villa, gave birth to a princess. The Empress gave the newborn to Madam Fredan (Irene's aunt -- she was working as maid in honor and Empress' friend) asked her to protect the princess. Madam Fredan ran back to her husband's house (in the north).

The princess name is: Ren Lu Weyllian

The Bro-Emperor found the Empress, killed her and had her head hang on the gate but he didn't pursue the princess (because he didn't know).

After reading the chapter, Irene thought it was a coincidence that the Princess' name was Ren but then she remembers that her aunt always called her Ren. At that moment, Irene realized that she was the Empress' daughter and had panic attack which made her fall to the ground.

Her aunt told everyone that Ren was her niece (she would say that she was her daughter but even the Bro-Emperor knew she was infertile). One day, her brother (Count Chase) said that he will take Ren to his house. She taught that Ren was going to be Riel's babysitter, at first the aunt didn't want that but she realized that she is getting weaker and she won't be able to protect Ren so she sent Ren to the Count.

It's actually Duke Windless. Rivera found out about this just after she was framed for tempting poisoning the Emperor

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2020
  17. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it's pretty much a wrap at this point. All that's left are how the emperor reacts to Irene/ resolves out. (Archduke/ML married to rightful empress/FL, think we can see how that's going to go), the count's family's ultimate fate, and particularly Riels

Just a note. it's pretty safe to say Riel had her conversation with the emperor to get Irene killed

18. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. The current spoiler is around chapter 112-115 (there are 143 chapters in total), so the last arc is going to about handling the situation with the Emperor (who still out for blood for Irene) and with the Chase family (although right now it is more that Riel that actively attacking Irene).

I believe in the namu wiki spoiler we the couple ended up as Empress and Emperor (but let see if anything change).

----
    She has more mana than typical magician from the capital. The moment she was born, Rivera had made a contract with one of the magic spirit to Irene (Rivera has three magic spirits).

Irene had made a contract with the snow and right now meeting with a wind spirit and made a contract with him now

19. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gehh my mind getting blown with all these revelations... Thanks mattomatto for second(?) spoiler of today! :blobpopcorn:

Assassel and (deleted member) like this.
  20. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I thought it would be like My fiance is in love with my sister vibe but I was wrong. This has less tragedy but nonetheless a good story. But I read the spoilers first before even reading the novel. I gotta pick up reading. And also, very much appreciated @mattomatto for all these spoilers.