Spoiler The Kind Older Sister Is No More

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 4, 2020.

1. Kezi

Kezi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the thing though, ridibooks won't accept my bank card, I've tried multiple times to get access to kakaopage with no luck, and navar banned my account, and requires a copy of my freaking passport to re-open it. For people like me who don't live in the U.S, U.K or any major country, these korean books are completely out of reach. At least the webtoon sites accept PayPal, why are the novels so impossible to get without korean citizenship? Do they contain government secrets?

2. MapItOut

MapItOut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mattomatto thank you for all your hard work, ahhh, the ml and fl are great. I faltered for a sec when I heard Riel's backstory but I still really hate her, although a bit less, she still sucks, but the parents are even worse, hope they face justice. > ~ <

Also side-note @Kezi I love your profile pic! rin and len are really cute.

Alniyat and kawaii12345 like this.
  3. Moonie-light

Moonie-light Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you sis:blobsad:

The translator made an announcement regarding the issue:
    "The publishers for 'Sister' have raised an objection and I will have to discontinue the book."
    Now, we pin all our hopes on you @mattomatto :blobangel:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Galaxies_pob, Yu07, Airiane16 and 6 others like this.
  4. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me if you disagree with this... but, well, the kickstarter for an official English-language release of "I'm An Evil Stepmother, But My Stepdaughter Is Just Too Cute!" funded and is going ahead. Do you think we can maybe ask the publisher to consider an English release of 'Sister'? I'd buy it.

5. edenaathy

edenaathy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @windtear I think it's just the rasonable thing to say, and i think the same. But I really don't get why the authors get mad at things like scans when there is not an official release.
    I mean, if there isn't an oficcial release, even if there's an illegal scan group traslating it, Why it even matter? They don't get any losses cuz' in the end it's almost impossible to reach out for the chapters, even buying at riddi books it's almost impossible and untranslatted, so it's likely they don't gain proffits from us anyway.
    What's more, there are authors that had gain sponsorships and official other languages releases do to this kind of scan translation that make a fandom for the subject in question and some companies in that languages became interest by seeing it's potential, that's only gained cuz' ppl took the time to translate it.
    And i don't get why Kakao, being as big as it is, doesn't bring something like webtoon (Naver in Korea) so this would solve this problem.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    lan2001h, ValReads, Nekocchi and 8 others like this.
  6. edenaathy

edenaathy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mattomatto You're trully a life savior, thanks for your hardwork translating it so far for giving us spoilers, i love the authors writting skills and yours as wells as an translator. I was so sad when the translation got delate in wordexcert and thought i wouldn't get a chance to know what really happen after with Boris xD now that i read it all i can rest at ease :3

7. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't finished reading the last few chapters but will try to read it next week and will give an update.

I dont think wordexcerpt going to pick this up unless they managed to get agreement for translation

Edit: ah so the original author no longer allow any translators to make deal with her or her publishers?
    If yes.. that just.. harsh.
    It really make me question them even more because even to pay through ridibooks / kakao is very hard (sometimes you cant even do that) and when someone try to make a deal they say no. I dont understand them. Smh.

anyway...
    if things done i will try to make proper translation not just summary / quick mtl

Eelillya, Priar, cutynight and 26 others like this.
  9. Lusine

Lusine 〖A little sweet, a little mischievous♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler :aww::aww::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobokhand:

10. sakurasakura

sakurasakura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened to Riel and her abusive family??? I wanna see them go downnn

LeideLis and sinnerman like this.
  11. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

Alniyat likes this.
  12. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel like all theirs missing is the finaly

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  13. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you. At least i have a master card that i can sometime buy webtoon chapters... Novels are out of reach tho. I wonder why Japanese's and Chinese's books are easy to buy unlike Korean's.
    _______
    Btw, thank you for the spoilers ヽ( ⌒o⌒)人(⌒-⌒ )ノ i hope there will be a webtoon version someday.

14. Lilium1890

Lilium1890 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way @edenaathy :blobupset: It is a pity that we could not know what happened in the outcome of the story, but something tells me that it would be the answers to our doubts and the expected karma towards RIEL and his family. :blobthinkingsmirk:I was also interested in knowing what happened next with Boris but thanks to these spoilers that part of the story left me satisfied. It would have been fun if somehow Riel had to marry Boris and his ambition would have left Riel and his family in misery.:blob_grin:

It's a shame,:blobsad: I hope that in the future the author changes his mind and the opportunity for it to be translated occurs, because if they translate it I would definitely buy it.

@Kezi and @Azure_1802 I agree, it is quite confusing, sometimes the problem is the time you make the purchase, that's what she told me (A girl that went to study in Kr). Personally for now I have not had problems, I bought a novel in RB and I am trying to translate it myself (and I can say that it is not easy to translate it but I really want to read it) because I read the promowebtoon in the end of last year (But before that the cover of the novel had already caught my attention while I was browsing at the Insta for recommendations of novels to read) and I liked it, but since I didn't find spoilers or anything, I decided to try it taking advantage of this quarantine. (To be honest I have just finished reading the prologue and chapter one but I am very happy so far, the second chapter is liking me :aww:) maybe when I finish the one I am tl/reading I try with this one:bloboh: and find out if Karma came or not:blobdevil:.

15. Dreamy girl

Dreamy girl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the ending of this novel?What happend to Riel?

16. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
  17. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uwah~~~ these spoilers are so satisfying~~~ i hope it continues though.

still, i feel like the entire Chase family just missed their chance for a better future. what a waste just being greedy ambitious douchebags. well, the truth was more than they can carry anyway.

Paris_Eve and Animelover3 like this.
  18. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen to her sickly brat of a sister? Is she going to die since she’s really sick? Will she ever truly apologize to the Fl for manipulating the hate towards her?will she ever repent and acknowledge her ways?

rock.doll, Mikaa and Geedi like this.
  19. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Add the shitty fake parents aswel and the empperor

20. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers pls? :blob_plusone:

Mangafreakspark likes this.