LCD The King of the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, May 17, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Joining the one Demon Lord that's not trying to kill humans isn't really an argument for him not helping humanity.

Except that it was written that Muyoung attacked literally the moment he relaxed and the guy still managed to react to it. Clearly he wasn't off guard before that when he was killing the girl. I'm not gonna tell a master assassin how to do his job.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd disagree. When he was attacking the girl, he was fully focused on her and absolutely convinced that there were no enemies left and that he was perfectly safe. After she was dead, he no longer had that distraction. Yes, he relaxed his defenses somewhat after killing her, but Muyong is good enough to attack through the chinks in that defense so long as the target is focused elsewhere. If nothing else, the girl would continue to be a distraction for him even if he somehow dodged the strike.

3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He was focused on her but still had his guard up meaning that the attack could have failed. If it failed then Muyoung might not be able to stop him from running away. That would be the loss of a powerful undead, the loss of the territory stone, and the loss of the information on how the outlaw got so strong.

DorbenRS likes this.
  4. DorbenRS

DorbenRS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I definitely agree.

Too much to lose and too little to gain.

Let's be honest with ourselves. He isn't the typical "I MUST SAVE ALL LIVES, EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF MY OWN" MC. He takes the most efficient approach with regards with both his short term and long term goals.

He has to. Failure is not an option lest he fail and the human race is doomed once again.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree that there was a difference in success rates attacking before or after he attacked the woman and that saving her would have cost him absolutely nothing, but I doubt any of us will change anyone's minds on the subject at this point.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't even see how this is an argument. Earlier on Muyoung had the entire tangent about when the best time to assassinate someone is. When they think they've achieved their goal is the conclusion we were given. It's then specifically noted that Muyoung backstabbed him when he loosened up his shoulders. Even when Muyoung attacked him at the stated best time to do so he managed to dodge to the point of avoiding a critical hit. You're not even arguing with us here. You're arguing with Muyoung, the master assassin, about assassination technique. I don't know maybe you're a hitman in real life but I doubt you have experience killing people with superpowers.

DorbenRS likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    And I doubt the author has experience with killing people period, but lets just drop it. We're obviously not going to agree with each other.

8. DorbenRS

DorbenRS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You cannot say things in absolutes. You never say things in absolutes. I mean, who are you to say it would cost absolutely nothing?

And can you even say or define the success rates (?????) before and after attacking? I mean, where are you getting this from? With what we read and the justifications after, what Muyong did was the most efficient way to completion of his goal. Saving that woman? That is not.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can and I did and I stand by it. If you don't agree, that's fine, no one is forcing you. Please move on with your life.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he wants the pyramid built, why not have his undead do it?

Hmm, this might be a reason for him to actually start caring about people and building up his own group. Though I expect he'll be like Weed and delegate the lion's share of the work.

I wonder if when his citizens die, he'll resurrect them into his army? That could lead to an interesting policy of the citizens never having to join the military while they're alive while being conscripted permanently when they're dead. Would draft dodgers then be those who have their families cremate them? ;)

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope those two don't wind up becoming the latest additions to his undead army. Not because he'd kill them mind you, but I also don't think he'd put any effort into saving them and I doubt that the dungeon they're going into is appropriate for their power levels.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that it seems like people have a rather long lifespan. Thus waiting for people to die to make them into an army seems like it would take far too long to be practical. He doesn't have a new supply of people so should be trying to keep the ones he has alive. Besides he doesn't necessarily need humans to make an undead army. There should be plenty of powerful monsters in the area to make undead with.
    Well, Muyoung has a direct incentive to keeping them alive so he probably won't let them die unless they directly disobey orders or something.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'll be pleasently surprised if he doesn't think of them as disposable. Not to the extent of using them as cannon fodder mind you, just to the extent of not caring much about them one way or the other.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said he doesn't have a new supply of citizens to replace dead ones so if he wants to develop his territory he'll have to make due with what he has. It simply not logical to let them die.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm expecting him to have non-human citizens in the future. Murlocs in particular would make a lot of sense.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Or undead?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure they can qualify. It seemed like they had to choose to be citizens, and undead don't have free will. If I'm wrong about that though, then yeah, there will probably be undead citizens.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to depend on the undead. The fact that the outlaw thought he was talking to a Lich for example.

19. Vrinshael

Vrinshael 【Chaotic】【Fetishist】

Reading List:
    Link
    Undeads he creates don't have a will but if he meets "wild" undeads it would be different.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I'm not sure what wild undead their are besides Lichs though, and I doubt they'd be willing to become his citizens if he's not much stronger than them.