Picked Up The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by canaria23, Jan 2, 2016.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    red magic 62/62
    his other magic 21/99, 16/something 90, something/ 70 something

2. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    It a massive slap in the face to go through every trial imaginable to receive the title, and then someone says of this kid has higher potential and doesn't need to prove themselves to get it. I would have accepted it if the kid had also done the trials and prove himself to be the better flame mage and gotten the title flame of flames.
    A persons potential has no bearing on a person skill with said magic, if there is no hard work in the efficience of using the magic then whats the point of potential. The MC put in the hard work in devising new spells and that should have given him respect instead of being thrown out.

Risus and Poba like this.
  3. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, he had the potential to be an unparalleled genius in green and void magic, but for whatever reason he only knew about and utilized his talent in red, which was his worst/lowest. And he maxed that out, but kept working in it holding the hope that there was more. Oh, cruel leveling system, why have you forsaken him?

Novelty and canaria23 like this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything other than white magic, black magic or blue magic. "The evocation and control of energy. With this power, you might summon a breeze, light a fire, or call a distant object to hand". Red mages generally are all rounders, with spells ranging from firedarts, cold hands to time-space. They also have healing magic, but are less efficient than white mages (priests). They also have black magics, but not as powerful as dark mages. They also have alteration and illusion spells, but are significantly inferior to their blue mage counterparts. The only magic they most likely won't have are life magic as these are solely in the realm of green magic.

Personally, I think there's no real point in having the LN translated after the manga is also translated. Sure, there are differences, but personally, I think there are many other good stories that the translators can translate that will add more to the readers' library.

Novelty, Slimikyi and canaria23 like this.
  5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty much, yeah.. that's why he used time slip

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    but mangas are often just teasers... they stop at certain 3rd volume or less

7. pristineallyn

pristineallyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I feel like the manga is enough as a prologue or intro to the novel.

8. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is limited understanding using MT
    Red: the the manipulation of flame magic, this is mainly the offensive spells.
    Blue: is water magic, this is the auxiliary and recovery magic.
    Green: is the magic to reshape the terrain and space.
    Void: manipulation of the atmosphere, this is wind and lighting magic.
    Spirit: is to borrow the magic of another world, particularly of angels and demons.

Slimikyi likes this.
  9. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. The novel is still updating weekly. Might be worth picking up. I'll TL a bit and see if I can keep it up. For now, just this little bit:
    Mage Association

Amid many mages, I was bathed in applause at its center.

"Mage Zeph Einstein, in honour and praise to thy wonderful Madou, we hereby bestow you the highest title of Red Magic "Flame of Flame".
    "Ha ha, thank you very much."
    "Devote yourself to magic not to lose to this title."

But, I'm already an old man.

Red-based Mage, the highest title "Flame of Flame"
    Ever since I was young I looked up to Red Magic, I worked hard to train until this point finally achieveing this title.

Day after day devoting myself to the study of magic morning and night, without even blinking at alcohol, woman, gold, and resisting any and every kind of temptation I have dedicated my entire life to Red Magic.
    It is a truly inexpressible feeling.

Among the thunderous applause, I lower my hands while slowly getting off the platform, the audience wathces follows me with their eyes as I leave. The young Mages look of reverence was pleasent.
    The schedule after this is jammed packed.
    It's hard being popular.

I don't hate standing out.
    When praised, one rejoices in the attention, and can grow.
    When mocked, one is outraged for being looked down upon, but can also grow.
    Standing out, is a very efficient method of growth.
    Therfore, let's stand out more, for the sake of my further growth.

"I aim for further heights! Flame of Flame, I will take the place of history's strongest among them all!"

Waaaaaaaaaa! !
    While wrapped up in a vortex of applause and cheers I raised up the right hand.
    Magically miniaturized projector camera is heard going pasha pasha.
    This remark is even posted in the Mage Association newspaper, spread throughout the continent, this year, the news about me was the hot topic among the mages.

--the following year.

One magician visits the Mage Association with a new Magic called Scout Scope.
    This is a magic that measures the talent of a mage, by thinking about it one can know the system of magic they have talent.
    Magic can be split into five fundemental systems.

"Red" Magic
    Controls fire, offensive ability and suppression capability are the highest out of the five systems.

"Blue" Magic
    Controls water, capable of attack, support, healing and it is possible to learn magic with various effects. By the way, Scout Scope belongs to this system of magic.

"Green" Magic
    Controls earth and space, if mastered is even capable of shifting the terrain and warping space. There are a lot of restrictions but it is powerful.

"Sky" Magic
    Controls the atmosphere, capable of freely controlling the wind and lightning. It is powerful but because of nature's the whimsical nature it is difficult to control.

"Spirit" Magic
    Connected to the nether world, capable of communicating with demons and angels and if mastered even god and demon king......or so I've heard, but since not many prefer this systems of magic I don't know too much about it.

In magic there are these 5 systems of magic, and mages pick one of these 5 systems to focus their training on, this is the mainstream practise of magic.
    I chose Red in this.

Of course I was also interested in the Scout Scope's Talent measurement. Or rather ther aren't any mages who aren't interested.
    Senpai was somehow reserved for some reason but I naturally mastered the scout scope and measured my own talent.
    Well now, my Flame of Flame-sama talent of "Red" is ....

Zeph Einstein
    Level 99
    "Red" Magic Level 62 Talent Limit 62
    "Blue" Magic Level 49 Talent Limit 87
    "Green" Magic Level 22 Talent Limit 99
    "Sky" Magic Level 22 Talent Limit 89
    "Spirit" Magic Level 19 Talent Limit 97

What did you say……?
    My eyes involuntarily becomes a point.
    The "Red" magic I'm most skilled at... has the lowest talent limit?

No way! ?
    I check again... or more precisely a few dozen more times again again after that...... but that number does not change.
    Level is a concept that exists from long ago, it is possible to gain a large amount of power along with growth and that power is what we call level.
    After a certain point growth stops and level stops rising. This is called Talent Limit, and that is the conclusion of training.
    I've also long ago, felt the limit of my growth.
    Thinking of it now, it must be this Level 99.

However, to think the hard-to-use so I didn't practice much "Green" and "Spirit" had the highest Talent Limit...?
    The talent limit is higher across the board, for every other system which I didn't train much in than "Red".
    It is a perfectly wrong selection.
    And I'm already an old man, I don't have long to live.
    Impossible ...... there's no way I'm going to accept this outcome.

Now that I think of it the reason my senpai didn't want me to do this was because they anticipated that it would turn out this way. They knew I couldn't expect any more growth and didn't want to deny all the fruits of my training, and didn't want me to have so much regret I'd want to die
    Knowing this fact I won't even be able to die.

Then after a while, a nobody with higher red magic level than me, took away the title of the Flame of Flame from the I.

My red magic level way 62, his red magic level was 99.
    Mage Association says, My magic level was too low for Flame of Flame, and I am unworthy of the title.
    I didn't have any words to say against that.
    Either give the title to the I who is long done growing, or a youngster who has much to grow.
    ...... Who to give the prestigious title.

But although he has high talent, ... to pass on this title to a brat with no combat experience.....
    Although I can't agree with it, I do understand.
    But I will not give up, I will walk keep walking the path of magic until I die.

I struggle, suffer, and after training upon training,
    on the verge of death I finally arrive to a new type of magic.
    Spent many years to date, I unleashed the magic I had refined in the body.

- Time Leap.

I've only TLed half of the first chapter so far. The rest is about him as a kid... doing nothing of importance. The first and second chapter of the novel is pretty much the same as the first and second chapter of the manga. Go figure.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    canaria23 likes this.
  10. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life
    Raw Link
    : https://web.archive.org/web/20141010120749/http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7324bt
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It is kind of cool mage jap novel without haren...

Translator note:

"Sorry for the lack of updates even though I said I owed you guys so many chapters >.<

Honestly my motivation is dying here and I just couldn’t get into the mood to translate anymore, and with school starting again I don’t think I’ll be able to live up to you guy’s expectations.

I’m going into a hibernation for a bit, as in I won’t really update frequently anymore, I might still do it once in a while, but I’ll leave the project open for grabs if anyone wants the chapters out faster.

Thanks reading my work, even if it was only an MT. :)

Goodnight,

~Sloth"

Description (if you can find one):
    Zeff Einstein spent his whole life mastering red magic and was finally recognized for it, yet a new spell that was soon created revealed that his talent for red magic was his lowest. Bitter at the thought of all his wasted effort, he creates a spell to send his old self back in time to his younger body and together with the determined “genius” mage Milly and the handsome swordswoman Claude, he intends to master magic more efficiently this time.

Parth37955 likes this.
  11. Ashkante

Ashkante Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, I really liked it.

SilverTap and SAimNE like this.
  12. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one bites the dust.
    I can't even get into these WN before they are dropped
    :(

SilverTap likes this.
  13. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too bad. had a promising start

SilverTap likes this.
  14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say that I am hyped about this novel, but it is decent so far. Too bad.

SilverTap likes this.
  15. Nefarian

Nefarian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have just read all 20 chapters posted by KuroInfinity AKA Sloth! it was a really fun read and I enjoyed the Translations~ TY Kuro-san~
    I will do my best to translate this novel! the chapters lengths seems short and sweet and I feel like I will be able to pump out a couple of chapters a week as a result. (I Will continue from chapter 21 and create a link to all of Kuro's translations).

Parth37955, Crazyh3 and Larkan like this.
  16. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot for picking this up :)

@Shio @Parth37955 Can one of you please change the tag to picked up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    SilverTap likes this.