Discussion The Man Picked Up By the Gods (Reboot)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by akki, Feb 10, 2018.

1. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree with less monologue and info dump, I always skip them when rereading it . Not sure him going to school will be interesting or not. Though I'd like for the conflict with the tamer guild to be explored more. There was an intermisson about matthew being pressured by tamer guild's higher-ups about ryouma's issue if I'm not mistaken. I thought the conflict would escalate after that, like with more scheming or something. But they just skipped it then end it with ryouma vs matthew in the arena.

2. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Any new content in the reboot?

3. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume it was planned that there would be later conflict with the higher ups after he has wiped the floor with Matthew because to be frank Matthew was too much of a loser to cause any real problems.

uziex91 likes this.
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of the banking scene in South park.

"Aaaannnd... It's gone!" :blob_coughblood:

5. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    I just remembered, this is the first novel I remember seeing you on every chapter.
    Ah how I wished I made "thanks" comments back then.

GonZ555 likes this.
  6. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... I thought matthew would at least get some kind of backup that's also pressuring him at the same time, which will complicate things.
    And also the creation of his slime lab. I don't think recruiting that many ex researcher then building a proper research lab would go totally unnoticed by tamer guild and other research institute. Even if they look down on those slime researcher, they should at least get the wind of it then get suspicious or something.

7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    For me there were a surprisingly high number of researchers. The way they mentioned how slimes were not worth much I would’ve expected there to be less people interested in researching them~

uziex91 likes this.
  8. aetonazniel

aetonazniel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read from one of the translator comments that the REBOOT will diverge from the original around Volume 3. most likely the changes were subtle and wont be that big until then. But following that idea though, I'm guessing the author simply changed a few lines for foreshadowing or slowly changing the main story. (source: Jigglypuff's diary translation comments on the last chapter of the original one)

But that would also mean not much would really matter until it branches off into the new content and would mean it is kind of boring to wait for each chapter release knowing not much has changed until Vol 3 =(

regarding the translation of reboot though, since most of it is a reboot, i wonder if its faster if they simply compared the original to the new one for translation and just edited the changes made so its faster, at least until it branches off. I like this novel a lot and hoping for new content soon.

BTW I would love it if Ryoma never separated from the Jamil Household, it kinda feels like a really good family story with them. doesnt really mean he needs to stay all the time but at least live with them or something. Heartwarming idea for me. Coz the chapter he separated really brought in the feels for me

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. ririririn

ririririn //hikiLurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I love for it to have more 'slime' interactions. It's one of the reasons why I love this novel. I always look forward to the variety of slimes he gets to discover and the way he interacts to them.

10. tom.chris

tom.chris Not Good in English

Reading List:
    Link
  11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems to be fine. It could've been a short downtime

12. tom.chris

tom.chris Not Good in English

Reading List: