Request The Man Picked up by the Gods

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Raphael, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I started reading this two to three days ago and I've liked it so far, while it's not unique in any way it reminds me of some other works I've read of similar nature which I liked so I personally am satisfied with everything I've read so far and while checking it out in the Novel Updates page I realized that the novel's Status in COO is currently in Hiatus at Volume 5. So yeah this got me down for a few seconds and I'm wondering if anyone knows when the author put it on Hiatus and for which reason, and if possible I'd like a link to where the author last posted or if he wrote anything about why he went on Hiatus. I'd really appreciate any updates on this since I liked the novel quite a bit and if the Hiatus status has been up for too long then the sooner I know the easier it will be for me to take it because usually if a work has been in hiatus for over 6 months then that means it's not long for it to be stopped and that would be a bit disappointing for me and probably to the current translators too. Anyways thanks beforehand and have a good one folks :):)

qwerty likes this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    damn... ignorance is really bliss, I wish that I haven't read this thread.

qwerty likes this.
  3. Kadark

Kadark Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I've read that the author was rewriting the whole thing, that's why the translation would be set ''on hiatus''.

qwerty likes this.
  4. Silvier

Silvier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically it sounds like the author decided to rewrite it from the start. The rewrite has 14 chapters posted and the last batch came up on the 10th of October. The author explains the hiatus in the last chapter of the original http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5306by/176/ Google sensei's translation is below.

Notice of renewal stop
    Today's post has a two episodes of the announcement of the update stop the fifth Chapter 38 episodes,
    Here is the announcement of the update stop.

Readers of everyone with us to read until now, thank you very much.
    And I'm sorry. This work is an update stop at this point, we will continue, to the newly rewritten.
    A little more detailed story it is mentioned towards the activity report.

The update after stopping action policies are listed in the following text.
    ------------------------------------
    Update after stopping of activities policy

1. This story is leaving, to post revised version as a separate work.
    2. Posts initial revised version is a later one month from today.
    3. Update a guide once a month, to write reservoir to change into a form that is at once post a multiple story.
    4. Once a week does the survival reported in the activity report.
    Five. When the revised version of the post, we will inform you in the activity report.
    ------------------------------------

qwerty and Raphael like this.
  5. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but atleast the translator is still working on it. Love how he tells his life story to the Gods and even they pull back in grief

qwerty likes this.
  6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    now the question is, will the translator wait for the re-writes to catch-up or will he translate the re-write's?

qwerty likes this.
  7. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aiii, i am not supposed to read this.. This story is so far entertaining, worthy to be read.. The characters flows and each one is fun, new slime, breeding slimes and learning slimes, the gleeful over new slime breeds, magical beast and merchants. And gods.. Ahahaha! The last several chapters are fun.. Really with that god of wine left out of fun.. Lol

qwerty likes this.
  8. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair the story does have a lot of dead chapters that don't really do anything especially in the middle of the volumes. Rewriting it is probably for the best if he wants to tighten up the story.

qwerty likes this.
  9. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks kindly for the detailed info, while it's unfortunate I feel better knowing it. Again a million thanks.:)

qwerty likes this.
  10. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    ...... well
    It was a good novel and have an interesting plot .
    Try reading it before dropped it without try a few chapters.