Spoiler The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy...thread

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Silentstorm, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

That’s because I didn’t know he was a good choice for her lol hahahahaha I can’t wait to see all this in the manga. I hope it doesn’t stop in one arc like bunch of other novels turned into manga. Btw, if this was already asked I’m sorry for asking again, but is there any English translation of the novel?? Or do you read in japaness??

2. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's being translated into English here. (Link takes you to the NovelUpdates page.) However, I'm MTLing it for my own enjoyment.

About Tiara and Cedric, I thought that it was pretty obvious. The Belligerent Sexual Tension, the proposal, and him being one of her fiancé candidates, plus the fact that Lance and Joan (and Colm) barely come up in the thumbnail summaries. :blobxd: Add the fact that Cedric is Tiara's fiancé in the game, and I thought that I was giving it away.

Anyway, please tell me that someone is interested in hearing more spoilers. Val doesn't appear in the Happy Ending Arc (something about Harrison trying to kill him at the end of the Unknown Story Arc, go figure), so my motivation is extremely low. :blobsalt: I keep skipping to his later POV chapters, which isn't very productive.

Oh, but we do get two more sides to explain how game "Pryde" became the way she did.

Side one, of course, is the Queen's spoiling Pryde as a young child only to abandon her afterward. We already know that one.

Side two, which comes up at the end of the Fiancé Arc. The Queen reveals her vision that made her abandon Pryde, and Gilbert, who was there, speculated that losing her parents was a trigger that might trigger Pryde's growth into the tyrant from the vision. (Again, already speculated about.)

Side three of the trifecta is 60% speculation, but the story seems to support the theory (it's just not explicitly stated). What if game "Pryde" saw the same future that reincarnated Pryde did, where "Pryde" was a villainess whom everyone celebrated the death of?

An eight-year old who sees the country that she's supposed to be the Queen of celebrating her dying, her younger brother, sister, fiancé, knights, everyone who should be on her side, condemning her to death, the few real allies she has leaving her to face death alone (she described both Adam and Val as mobs in the game, who didn't even last until the midpoint before running away).

"Pryde" grew up knowing that she was alone, that everyone was her enemy, everyone wanted her dead. Her only solace was making everyone else just as miserable as she was. And knowing that literally the only way she can serve her country is by dying so that Tiara can be the savior.

Add in the fact that the Queen might have told her that the predicted future cannot be avoided.

That's our villainess.:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Enmea, alicejem2x, kcinara and 20 others like this.
  3. magstralala

magstralala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pryde legit breaks my heart, not only because of your spoiler but also because she just doesn't even imagine her end would not happen anymore. She's literally living her life so her sister doesn't have to pick up after her.
    I'm not as far in the story but I really wish the Queen had just talked to her. Not necessarily as a motherly figure -because she obviously is not one for Pryde- but as a Queen that is supposed to love her country.

I cannot wait for your brainwash arc spoilers. I'm scared!

4. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    You should be scared. Just finished the Happy Ending Arc last night. The first half read like filler, and then...wham.

You're also right that the Queen should have talked to Pryde more. To be honest, the ending of the Fiancé Arc was especially disappointing because the only one who realized that the Queen hadn't acted like a mother to Pryde was the Queen herself. :notlikeblob: Pryde, Stayle and Tiara just kind of looked at her blankly like, "You're the Queen. You were busy."

Another disappointing thing is that Pryde's father doesn't really appear, either. After the Fiancé Arc, Uncle Wes is there more than either Queen or King, if only because he's preparing Stayle for the regent position. Pryde's father only shows up briefly when Pryde gets sick, then is just mentioned in the abstract afterwards. :blobpopcorn_two:

It's like if Pryde needs parental guidance, the only one she can count on is Knight Commander Roderick (and I guess Gilbert, though he's more Uncle position). To be honest, I'm waiting for Arthur's mother to get in on the job, too. Her reaction when her husband told her all the hairbrained things Pryde got herself (and the knights) into was...it was special. (Obviously Arthur's mother hasn't met Pryde yet, and as a commonor, probably won't, but it would be funny.)

5. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    They have to meet if they’re going to be in laws :blob_blush::blob_blush::blob_blush:

6. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Still sloughing through the Villain Arc, but I had to share this line/scene with you because tears are literally pouring down my face right now.

"See you again? Chancellor Gilbert."

"... Good night, Pryde."

Someday, even that person will become only a single character in a string of history after hundreds of years.

Even the one who has been left with unspeakable achievements and mercy will end up in just a few lines in historical writing. ...... Not even a queen, a successor to the throne for only ten years.

Then I have to make use of the last decade that she left behind. What Pryde left behind this past decade is neither an illusion nor meaningless.

Let's engrave in the history of this country the truth that Pryde certainly existed in the Freesia Kingdom as a good princess that shattered herself for the sake of our people and the future of this country.

Even if it's not left in the book, I'll tell you. The existence of the First Princess, who has been loved by everyone for only ten years, dazzlingly and wonderfully.

The proof that she existed for ten years, the beloved memory, the fact that he loved her, this enormous heritage, and the tens of thousands of years he will pass on to in his life.

That's what I, who was given the opportunity to live on as the Chancellor, can do for that person.

Gilbert loves our Pryde so much. :blobsob: I thought that Val crying as he discovered his feelings for the first time was impactful, but Gilbert... :blob_teary: Gilbert and Arthur are the only ones who've realized so far that Pryde foresaw her own downfall. :blobsneeze:

And now Cedric is making me cry. These seven stages of grief are killing me!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  7. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

still it’s surprising that no more people realized she’s seen her downfall. She’s been pretty obvious about it since the very beginning... asking people to kill her and protect Tiara.

Now i need the happy spoilers! Is the arc the end of the main story (with the game end)? Seriously, i am so far behind lol.

8. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 27 arcs for Part One of the story (the brainwash arc covers 18-20). So we have the whole recovery-from-war bit coming up still. Part Two is ongoing, with only 2 arcs finished so far.

What kind of spoilers do you want? Pre-brainwash, concurrent, or post-brainwash? :blobtaco: I have a lot of Val/Pryde scenes if you're interested, or I can give you something more gen if you prefer? (The Stayle/Pryde scenes are a bit more bittersweet, and you want light.)

Oh, and about the guys figuring out Pryde's prediction. I started keeping track of who noticed first. :blobsweat: Pryde said something ambiguous to Gilbert during Tiara's party is how he noticed, then Arthur remembered Pryde first telling him, Cedric lip-read Pryde's conversation with Gilbert and figured it out, then Leon just guessed it without anyone saying anything to him, and at basically the same time as Leon, Val figured it out from Pryde's response to his elopement proposal...I think that the only ones who haven't figured it out yet are Stayle and Tiara (and it's been a month so far).

Surprisingly, Pryde stopped asking people to kill her after Arthur. She did tell Val to prioritize Tiara's orders if Tiara was ever in danger, but that's it. No other instructions given.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  9. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm i’d love to know about Val crying!

But tbh right now i am more anxious about the aftermath, so brainwash and post brainwash. Every character is precious but damn, i would give all my limbs for Pryde to be happy and move on from her downfall. I need Tiara and her to see it :blob_teary: but what is Part 2 going to be....

i don’t get how exactly the brainwash happened tho and what is it about. Is it what both the Queen and Pryde foresaw?

10. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Their prediction is only correct insofar as "Pryde attempts to violently ruin the country" and "it's a future that cannot be avoided." As for what exactly happened, apparently Crown Prince Adam of the Rajya Empire has the special ability to break people's minds (something that no one suspects because he's not a citizen of Freesia). In the majority of all previous cases, the person is rendered comatose and dies within the year, though King Lance lasted a little longer than that in the game, but Pryde managed to wake up... and yeah, as predicted, she went berserk.

Anyway, you wanted to see Val cry. (I thought that you wanted fluff?) Okay. Brace yourself.

I don't know the Lord anymore, I can't meet her anymore. …… But the Lord is still tied up while I'm still alive.

It didn't matter if I couldn't meet her for the rest of my life. In the meantime, that fucking kid always laughs at me.

Always laughing, always laughing, surrounded by people who were always laughing, in that country, in that castle, looking at a suitable man without permission, becoming a queen, laughing laughing

I wish she could be happy for the rest of her life.

"In the worst case, she'll have to stay in the tower all the time."

"Hmm ...‼ ︎"

...... Oh shit. Also. In addition, the chest feces get worse.

I have a stomachache, nausea, trembling, moaning and clenching my teeth, pain in my lungs, and shortness of breath. I can't put my strength into the hands that grab my face, my throat dies and strange things get crowded and clogged.

Patter, patter, and so on.

Water overflowed between the fingers that grabbed my face. I noticed that I wasn't sweating while I was down, so I took my hand off my face. The water that ran down my chin fell down on my palm again.

I couldn't believe it, and I watched the drops of water on my palm keep increasing, and this time it fell on my head. The sound of rain gradually intensifies as it makes a lot of boring sounds. The drops of the palm are collected and wetted by the rain, and the sound of rain begins to intensify like ringing in the ears, and then the hands are finally moved and grasped.

“………… It ’s late.”

I know it doesn't make sense to complain about the weather, but my mouth moves. The gritty voice of my throat was drowned out by the sound of rain.

...... If it rained a little earlier, I didn't notice it.

His hair is curled up, his face is down, his hands are wet, and his feet are wet.

It sucks water and makes my head and clothes really heavy, and I hang my neck down so that it will be crushed.

I don't even know if it's raining or not getting my face wet anymore. The field of vision is fluctuating and blurry, and I grab my face with both hands and rub my eyes while pulling up my dripping hair.

"……………………………hey."

I called someone while being drowned out by the sound of the rain. I can't hear Temee's voice in Temee.

As far as I can remember in my life, this is the second time.

The first time ... I couldn't believe it and was upset. I was surprised that there was someone like Temee.

Oh yeah, at that time, the inside of my body hurt everywhere. It hurts as much as it did then ... but it's a different pain than that time.

"... That tears ..."

She hugged me and gave my emotions a name.

When I noticed the royal kid who I just hated, Temee exposed all of me.

Now that both Kemet and Sefek are safe, why did he spill this kind of thing again? ...... I don't understand the meaning.

"Thinking about my family, tears!" ︎

Water overflows from my eyes without stopping.

It mixes with the rain, wets the face and drips. If it's better to wash it away, stop looking down and look up at the sky. The rain hits the face directly, the large particles hit it, and the blurred vision becomes even more blurred and blurred.

"... Then what is this ...?"

I couldn't bear the doubt and said it. I just heard it in my head and no one was there.

Hot water with dripping eyes and cold rain mix and fall warmly down the face.

I hang my arms loosely on both sides, and when I can't breathe with water, I lower my face again. I feel uncomfortable with the feeling that water overflows from my eyes without stopping even if I let it flow. Cover your eyes with both hands to hold it down, and grab the scraped hair with your fingers. I clenched my teeth, and when I took a breath, my throat cramped and my shoulders trembled.

"......... Please explain ......... Lord ...!"

What are the tears shed outside of family?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  11. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww that’s like a big character development! But i’m crying too! Thank you for sharing!

so how is Pryde.. i don’t know.. found innocent? Not that she would forgive herself. But i believe i read she’s still the heir when part two starts?

MiserableSOUL, Jukki and kawaii12345 like this.
  12. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Pryde's innocence was never called into question. The entire time Pryde was trying to be a villainess, everyone knew that "something" happened to her, something that they were unable to prevent despite being right there. As soon as they found out that Adam was responsible, they started blaming themselves...and being (quietly) extremely grateful for Val because he prevented Pryde from claiming any victims. People were hurt by Pryde, but everyone lived, and everyone she hurt can be helped. Val came the closest to dying, but he held on so that Pryde wouldn't blame herself (which was also why Val saved basically everyone in Freesia, true MVP here).

What was called into question was who was more suitable to inherit the throne between Pryde and Tiara, something that came down to whose foresight was more powerful. They were both equally suitable otherwise.

13. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the citizens react

14. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question. I only really read the Val chapters, so I don't know (I skimmed a bit, but not too far). Pryde tried to turn Freesia into a slave-producing country, but I don't know how many people she forced to sign slavery contracts, if any (and I think everyone was rescued before they could be shipped out, and if "all permissions" are granted, they're basically a free person EDIT: Pryde didn't enslave anybody. The special ability slave army was the product of Rajya's human trafficking network. Currently working to deprogram them). So yeah, it was a rough time, but the impact was small enough that the royal family could conceal everything and just accuse Adam of attempted assassination (which was true).

That's not to say that people didn't die, but Pryde's hands were clean (it was mostly Adam and his gang).

Also, I was wrong about Val getting the closest to death. Arthur has just barely avoided his Bad End. Ouch.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  15. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally finished the brainwash arc...it was so long...:blobsalt:

18 Happy Ending Arc (chapters 408-429) - Beginning of "brainwash arc"
    Tiara incorporates a dance party into her birthday celebration and she, Stayle and Pryde dance with all of the guests. Adam targets Pryde with his special ability during the Queen's speech and Pryde falls into a coma. Tiara and Pryde's guardian knights hold a vigil waiting for Pryde to wake up, while Leon and the King search for the cause of the illness and Gilbert and Cedric investigate those on the celebration guest list. Gilbert and Stayle prevent Adam from leaving Freesia and invite him to stay an additional three days to "dispell any rumors about the Rajya Empire poisoning Pryde." Pryde wakes up changed.

19 Villain Arc (chapters 430-524)
    Pryde is confined to her room and denied visitors, and a gag order is placed on her condition. Stayle orders a temporary dismissal of Pryde's guardian knights to limit her pool of potential victims. Adam raises an army in preparation to invade Freesia. Pryde accuses Cedric of attempted assassination and has him arrested. Stayle evacuates Val, Kemet and Sefek to Anemone to protect them from Pryde, and Pryde is transferred to the isolation tower. Pryde is restrained and placed into an extended coma to prevent self-harm. Adam attempts to leverage an engagement with Pryde in return for a cure and is arrested. Adam escapes confinement and helps to free Pryde from the isolation tower. Arthur's knighthood is suspended for purposefully injuring Pryde while preventing her escape. Stayle forcefully sends Tiara to Hanazuo to protect her from Pryde. Adam and his men ambush Arthur while freeing Pryde and sever Arthur's sword arm before leaving him for dead. Adam uses his special ability to drive the Queen, King, and Uncle Wes insane so that Pryde can take over Freesia. Stayle raises an army to reclaim Freesia and leads them to rescue the Queen, King and Uncle Wes while Gilbert evacuates the civilians. The Rajya Empire's army attack the gate. Tiara and Cedric join the Anemone army to rescue Pryde.

20 Rebellion Arc (chapters 525-580) - End of "brainwash arc"
    The Anemone army arrives to reinforce Freesia and prevent the Rajya army's invasion. Val buries the invading army underground. The knights capture the Rajya Empire's special ability combat slaves. Val and Kemet help restore Arthur to his previous form and return him to the knights. Leon is defeated by Pryde, but is evacuated by Val before Leon can be killed. Harrison captures the Rajya general. Arthur cures those affected by Adam's special ability. The knights capture Adam. Tiara releases Pryde from Adam's brainwashing. Pryde reports to the Queen and visits Leon and Val at their hospital beds.

Nngh, the Happy Ending Arc was tough, as expected. I really missed Val. Luckily, he shows up again in the Villain Arc (like 21 chapters later) and the Rebellion Arc. The Villain Arc is slow, too, until around chapter 480, when the crying stops and people start doing things again.

Speaking of crying, chapters 569-571 are a full-on sob fest. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Also, Val closes the brainwash arc, so if you want to see Pryde sitting anxiously at Val's bedside, let me know. :blobuwu: It's a perfect reversal from the War Arc, when Val faced a room full of people he hates just so that he could be there when Pryde woke up. (Only it ends without anyone throwing themselves out the window, though Stayle does think seriously about throwing Val out of one.)

Only seven story arcs left in part one. At least they're all lighter than this.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  16. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m glad that from the start, her close entourage knows that something is wrong. Usually in villainess novel, people around also get brainwashed.

and Stayle sounds to be the real MVP of these arcs. I feel so bad for Pryde cause she’s the martyr kind of girl.

how are the Queen, King and Uncle in the end? And how does Tiara help Pryde and save the day?

Thank you so much for the spoilers once again!

Jukki likes this.
  17. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    Arthur and Stayle need to seriously think about including Val in their pact. Cause he ain’t going anywhere.

18. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    You really get it. :bloblove: Yeah, Val is in it for the long haul. I wish they would let Val in, but Stayle only trusts three people absolutely (Pryde, Tiara, Arthur) and keeps everyone else at a distance, and Arthur (like the other knights) is unlikely to forgive anyone associated with the enemies who tried to kill his father during the Knights Arc. So Val's stuck with Leon playing wingman. :blobjoy:

Everyone who got whammied by Adam's special ability was healed by Arthur in the end. But since they were comatose for a few weeks, they're spending more time sitting than standing until they get their strength back.

And about Tiara, her "foresight" is the kind that is also visible to others, so she showed Pryde a vision of the future where Pryde died, and how nobody was happy about it at all (thereby invalidating the "happy ending" that Pryde had been working towards). Since Adam was dead by that point (presumably, still looking for the body), the shock alone was enough to break the brainwashing. Add in the fact that Tiara is the heroine who spent ten years "capturing" Pryde, and it's a given.

19. magstralala

Reading List:
    Link
    i am pretty sure it has been asked but:
    Does Pryde have any foresight about the future outside of the game scenario? Or does her precognition is limited to the game?

in the game she has foresight but in her current life I don’t remember her having any “vision” outside of the flags. What happen if she actually can’t see anything, unlike Tiara?

20. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    It's confirmed during the Happy Ending Arc that Pryde does have precognition. After getting hit by Adam's ability (before she goes crazy) she realizes that there were multiple times when she reacted based on knowledge that wasn't in the game scenario. They calculate it and it's something like one vision every three years, but considering it's a major download each time, each vision provides a lot of information. Plus, she has minor "visions" during combat, too, which let her avoid almost every attack. So don't worry! Pryde is still qualified to be Queen.