Discussion the name X-MEN ,is it sexist???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SovereignSamiul, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bait thread?

or social justice warriors try to worm their way into nuf?

seriously... marvel comics has been screwed by these sjws. Thor is now a girl- even if the mythology is thousands of years old. spiderman is hispanic, capt america is now black, or a nazi if it's steve rogers, and the playboy tony stark has been replaced by a black teenager.

at least cap is just black. there was a petition to have him turn gay.

2. MutsuKata

MutsuKata 『RO2's MG42 Operator』 『RS2's Loach Combat Pilot』

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean by non binary? is it none existent? why do people even got that calling?!

edited: ffs. even after seen the spoiler i'm still triggered...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then by all means, fire away.

4. Anghagaed

Anghagaed 「未熟戦士」

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we just pretend males and females are the same and equal. This refers to ourselves as homo sapien?

5. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tho I really like the name coz it has some edge into it. But heck I don't even care if its sexist or not. But probably its just the one who imagine for a cool and catchy name. And sexism Isn't that really a big deal back then.

6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    well If I made a team it would be C - men or maybe even SEA- men but thats none of my business

7. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the whole point of The name X men describing the fact that they have the mutant x gene while still being people. And honestly in this series wasn't the point to deal with speciesism not racism or sexism pretty much cause they got bigger problems and pretty much any of them (male or female) could easily lay the smack down on almost any sexist

8. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    no brain hurt

9. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If a group is called X-Men you can imagine women being in it, no problem with it.
    But if a group was called X-Women wouldnt you think it be weird for a man to be in it?

We view Men at times as kinda gender neutral depending on how you use it can include both women and men while if you use women it means only women and doesn't include men in it.

Thus for this thread made out of boredom.
    Men = Not sexist depending on usage since it can count for both men and women
    Women = sexist since it is exclusive for women only

Prime43 likes this.
  10. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Braincells assanation thread stamp

11. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... can't tell if you're just shitposting like the rest of us or if you are actually more botherd by a female thor than that fucked up horse headed lizard thing.

12. mele21

mele21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless all the men in X-Women are traps

LtBeefy likes this.
  13. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for the correction >.<

14. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its only sexist if you think it is. Its like...seeing blacks as blacks. Whites as whites. Thats racist. Me, im colorblind, I dont see things like different races, i see people as homeo sapiens. Same with this. I don't see women or men, i dont distinguish between genders of any form, i simply see people as homeo sapiens. One great, big, generalized species as a whole. Things like race and color and gender, those are subjective. I, myself, don't make distinctions.

15. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if my gender is Binary Code, did you ever think of that before you recklessly throw out thoughtless words like that?

Personally I could not care less if the New Captain America was a Gay Chinese Man from the year 4519, only fighting amongst us because the nasty Elven/Americans of the future froze his ass and threw him into a Binary Neutron star system, which somehow teleported him into our timeline. Because of cold Aero-thermodynamics or something.
    As long as the writing is good, which sad to say the new comics are awful, they come off as lazy, incomprehensible, pandering nonsense. It feels like they don't even try to make a decent storyline any more.

16. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always thought the X

I'm bothered by a female thor, because they call her Thor, if they made that fucked up horse head Thor i'd be pissed also.

I have no problem with them making more female heroes, but changing the gender of an iconic one to be more inclusive is stupid.

Lurking and MutsuKata like this.
  17. LtBeefy

Reading List:
    Link
    touché

18. LtBeefy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill bite here hehe.
    I don't think it's correct not to distinguish between genders. For it is a fact that men and women ARE different. Does this mean women can't do things that men do? Nope, they can do things that men can do. It just means there are some things that men can do that women cant and vice versa. There are some things that men are better at doing than women are and there are things women are better at doing than a man could do (of course doesn't take into account the odd ball people who defy the norm).

Impossible to deny the fact that men and women are physically and chemically (biological) different leading to each sex having different advantages over the other. It is ignorant in my opinion to view each gender with not difference between them since it is a fact that there is. Should each sex have all same opportunities and treatment? Of course, hell yeah they should. Should it mean we should ignore the differences between the sexes? Hell no. They play an important role.

Lurking and Cupcake Ninja like this.
  19. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you read much comics? Alt versions of heroes is a pretty standard tradition thats been going on for years and while they always use the original heroes name they are basically never actually that character (there are rare exemptions). Its always some kind of clone, lost sibling, or parallel dimension or something. So while there is a woman with powers similar to thor who is running around using his brand (as did the horse lizard)the actual thor has not been tampered with. Seriously this has been going on long before SJWs snd PC culture.

20. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i like how you knew it was a troll comment, but decided to respond more seriously anyway. You, sir and/or madame, have my Like

SovereignSamiul likes this.