LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true throwing two people at each other doesn't make it a romance. To pull that it needs a lot of investment in the characters. And the majority of this novels just don't have the leeway to focus on that. Now carnal desire and just sex that's workable. The rest is pure fantasy. I really don't think that this story can play a romance unless ithe doesn't involve the MC and he plays cupid.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that would be much better. At least we don't have the love out of gratitude Chinese novel trope.
    I hate that. It treats women as property even if it is the women's choice
    They have no value but to repay their benefactor with their virginity or some other shit.
    That is why I love Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre, he saved his cousin and she didn't pay attention to him and went with her mother's ex-fiancee haha
    The Schadenfreude was off the charts! :blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

Paps likes this.
  3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha yes like the saying goes "shit happens" not always the good guy ends first.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy watching people suffer. It is fun
    I do not enjoy wish fulfillment novels where the protagonist always wins and does not lose anything
    That is why I like Goblin Kingdom

Paps and Faw like this.
  5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing Cupid can make for the best stories .:blob_grin::blobparty:

Paps likes this.
  6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a form of art to been able to deliver that.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. asphaltus7

asphaltus7 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will be some drama as he might decide to go the villain route to be hated by Chae Nayun, cause he has to kill her brother and so forth. I wish he could save him though, so we'll have to see.
    Also, the MC's mindset hasn't changed at all - thinking he his living in a novel instead of a real world. The author goes out his way to set it up every chapter, so I am guessing this might be a turning point as well. Possibly at the 10 year mark when he hiatus-ed the novel but here he has to continue forward in the unknown.
    It'll be interesting to see. The beginning is really solid, moreso than Monster Levels Up, and I really hope he sticks the ending this time. (Though nearly anything would be better than the Monster ending).

bbctheory84 and Paps like this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Its pretty good so far. A lot better than the authors previous novel in various aspects:blob_grin::blob_grin:

Paps likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am expecting disappointment. For all the talk about the protagonist being an adult he cannot even communicate properly with the opposite sex who are merely high school kids. In his own words

bbctheory84 likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: Well, being a face in the crowd is better than being the hero. At least he doesn't have to suddenly give a speech, and the odds of someone trying to kill him immediately are relatively lower.

C3: "It seemed this was Chundong’s Gift. How useless." Really? It's super useful for intel gathering. He could make quite a good living off that gift alone even if he couldn't fight a common housefly. Well, assuming he had a way to see and hear through wards.

I wonder if he took note of his other info while the teacher had it open.

C4: His perception stat seems strangely low. Is his gift not included?

C5: Wow. His stats dropped like a rock after synchronization.

He should focus hard on training. He's waaaaaay below the school's average at the moment. He probably can't even spar without risking his life right now.

All that aside, if he'd given himself a healing gift, he would have instantly become the most popular kid in school and people would fight for the chance to protect him on the battlefield ;)

C8: Well, my opinion of Yoo Yeonha just dropped. It's a shame. I kinda like her, but stealing credit is detestable.

C9: I wonder if he'll actually make the switch to bows, or if he'll just create a better magic gun.

C12: "But the man who introduced himself as Kim Hajin" He didn't introduce himself though?

C13: I wonder how he's planning to get to the brother and get away with the murder. Also curious why it doesn't occur to him to try to use his ability to grant himself a one use item to cure the guy.

C14: He really should apologize to her for what he said about her brother. She won't forgive him of course, but it'll make it easier to reduce her hate for him later.

C15: Why wouldn't they have found that soft spot when dissecting it? Or does the whole body go soft when it dies? If so, does the blue spot also disappear when it dies?

C18: That's an abusive way to use emergency services...

C20: It seems pretty dangerous to put all his eggs (money) in one basket (stock) when he doesn't know how the changes to the setting will affect Packhorse's future.

C22: lol. Whoopsy.

C23: "Rachel began to covet the notebook he had in front of him." lol. I wonder how upset she'd be if she found out that he didn't take notes.

Why didn't he check the shotgun's stats with his laptop?

C29: I wonder if he'll sell it or use it.

bbctheory84 and Paps like this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "I could think about this first-world problem after I found the Gari Mountain Dungeon." It's good that he knows what kind of problem it is ;)

Paps likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Weren't his stats as a cadet in the 4-5 range? Or am I misremembering it? If they were, then how are his current ~2 stats in the range of a cadet?

How is it already time for Yeonha to be kidnapped? Wasn't she the sixth victim? I thought only 2 people had been taken so far?

I get the feeling that he's going to accidentally steal the MC's harem...

bbctheory84 likes this.
  13. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably in the lower range of Cadet stats. Yeonha is probably going to fall for Kim Hajin, since she was based off his old highschool crush tbh.

I don't see Chae Nayun falling for him, unless he 'kills' the devil seed in her Aniki while sparing him somehow (by the almighty SP).

Wujigege likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was the vice-guild leader that was based off his old crush?

15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't catch up to the translations jet, but I remember that when he first got there his stats where all in the normal range of 4, but once his character got fully schycronized with his author persona all his stats plummed down to match the author real life stats. So they went for 1.5 and 2.

Jon1031 and Wujigege like this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I thought. I'm not sure why the author is claiming his stats have recovered then. Unless the author just means that he's met the bare minimum standard of someone ranked dead last in the academy.

Ingenuity, Paps and Wujigege like this.
  17. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think he meant the bare minimum standard. Kim Chundong's rank might have been that low in the first place because he was bad in written exams or something and not necessarily is combat capabiilties.

Kim Chundong was supposed to be completely "average" cadet, so in reality, his combat power is around the average mark.

My guess is that Top 50 is probably around 6~7 points (top 10 is probably way higher in certain areas), average is around 4~5, and bottom 50 is 2~3. And of course, upper-average is 5~6 and lower-average is 3~4

kxep, jacobpaige and Paps like this.
  18. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His original body was ranked 934 (Chapter 6), out of the 1300ish freshmen Hero cadets (Chapter 2). However, note the Hero cadets. That's presumably separate from the normal cadets. From my understanding, cadets in general are those who attended the Agent Military Academy (Chapter 1). These cadets are split up into 2 groups - combatants and non-combatants, with the former getting a further 3 years of training at the Hero Academy and are called Heroes.

So, I'm guessing that he is currently at the level of a low cadet, which will definitely be dead last in the Hero cadet rankings.

Paps likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was out of 3000? I remember someone saying they were ranked 2900 in chapter one. As for cadets, I only remember them using that term for hero cadets. As for the non-coms, they wouldn't really need stats as high as what he has currently.

Paps likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why wouldn't they have had a way of contacting the other club members?
    I'm really not sure how you're missing all the flags the author is tossing out here. This latest chapter is almost nothing but flags between the two. Of course, if he actually does wind up killing her brother (and she finds out), that will break the ship, but that doesn't mean she can't fall for him before then.

Ingenuity and viprei like this.