LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recall correctly, the smart watches all cadets have double as communications devices. MC probably just wanted to avoid unnecessary trouble, or something along those lines.

Paps likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would think that violating curfew, making everyone else in the club worry about them, and potentially starting rumors about their relationship, would cause far more trouble than simply calling for help.

That aside, I'm not sure if the communications functions of the watches work around there.

3. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I was trying to say. It sounds like the club is run by senior students, so at best a student will find out about if he calls for help and rumours will spread. As long as he returns by curfew there should be no issues by him being out late, similar to how there were no issues with him, Chae Nayun, or Sven arriving early. This is especially true since Chae Nayun has the alibi of having to go to the hospital. Even if teachers would learn what ailment she was in the hospital for, with her status as the descendant of a chaebol it would probably be possible to obscure the exact circumstances behind her mana depletion. Failing that she could hide some of the truth and simply say that her gift had partially awakened.

In the end if rumours do spread, that's not necessarily bad for the MC. He seems to be able to deal with bullying and rumours thus far, so another rumour would more than likely just be seen as a bit of bonus SP.

Paps likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point...controversy grands bonus SP.

He should become a peeper and a panty thief...

Now that's a LN I can totally get behind...MC steals women's underwear to get SP!

:p

Paps and Ingenuity like this.
  5. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I initially forgot what it was as well, but when I looked at Chapter 2, it seems like there's only around 1300 ish, so I'm not sure:

The start of Chapter 2:

It's possible that it doesn't distinguish between new or old Heroes, so that might be more understandable maybe? E.g. MC was ranked 934 out of the 5000 Hero cadets? :hmm:

EDIT: Just had a reread of Chapter 0 where you got your info from. I think the rank 2900 that the other extra had was their rank for the Agent Military Academy (i.e. the cadets only pre Hero Academy), because in Chapter 3, MC's character is said to have a rank of 1543 in the Agent Military Academy and rank 934 in the Hero Military Academy.

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already too late to return by curfew though? Or am I misremembering when curfew is? Also, why would she need to go to the hospital? And why would they want to hide the fact that they killed a Djinn? Killing Djinn is highly profitable and praiseworthy.

Also, rumors of a relationship between them is extremely dangerous for him. Right now the chief student antagonist is only bullying him as an annoyance. If he thought the MC was dating his crush, then things would get much, much worse and might even get dangerously violent. The MC doesn't have any backing of any kind after all. Making him disappear wouldn't raise many eyebrows, especially now with all the kidnappings the Djinn are doing.

@elengee

bbctheory84 and elengee like this.
  7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a viable tactic...an unexplored exploit to take advantage of the points system. :p

bbctheory84 and jacobpaige like this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He still needs to be able to get hired by a guild after he graduates though...

bbctheory84 likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure someone has already started the Panty-Stealer's Guild..

And it would only be an issue if he gets caught...

He could become the uncatchable, mysterious, unknowable, to become an untouchable...

To be a Stealer of Pantsu!

:p

bbctheory84 and jacobpaige like this.
  10. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to me as though he's more on the route to creating his own guild. After all, he's got most of the information he needs to get started, e.g. which females are popular, whose panties would sell the most, etc. ;)

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they don't know who it is, would he still get SP?

He needs to be in the same guild as at least one main character though, and I don't think any of them would want to join such a guild...

12. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize, I forgot that the teaser isn't a part of the latest chapter and that not all people necessarily read it. Please forgive me for spoiling you.

As for why they wouldn't want to publicize killing a djinn, I hadn't really considered that. I was just thinking more along the lines of he wouldn't want to be accused of molesting her after he returns with her wearing nothing but his jacket and underwear since her clothes were shredded.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know it was a spoiler until you told me it was... :(

I have more faith in her than that. I firmly believe that she would actively seek to correct any such rumors. Also, getting more witnesses early who could also help to stop such rumors and provide her with better covering would help immensely. As it is, he'll be carrying her in that state in public. The rumors are much more likely to start and be much harder to quash this way.

Ingenuity likes this.
  14. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the same as well, considering what we've seen of Chae Nayun's personality. However, it seems like it will probably be one of those situations where denying it just convinces others that they are correct.

Also in regards to killing the Djinn it doesn't seem to me like they really have any way to prove it. From what info we've been given the body just disintegrates once they die. Aside from their word they have no way to show that Sven actually was one as there were no other witnesses and it wasn't recorded at all. Not unless the author introduces a mechanism that hasn't yet been revealed to us at least. In fact, with the way this scenario is set up, as long as Chae Nayun agrees to it the MC could say nothing about it and Sven will just be added to the list of unfortunate victims that the other djinn mentioned for this scenario killed/abducted/whatever it's doing. Certainly it's not an ideal ending if you want all the profits that can be acquired from killing a djinn, but you don't have to deal with being suspected of straight up murdering the guy for no reason.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an entire crime scene filled with evidence that he was using a Djinn's powers, including eight corpses. I assume that they have the forensic technology to analyze such things. Also, he disintegrated into dust as I recall. They should be able to analyze that dust and confirm that it was a Djinn. Add onto that her background and standing, and Sven's uncharacteristic behavior over the last several days, and it would be unlikely for them to not be believed.

bbctheory84 and userunfriendly like this.
  16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I am baffled by the MC neglecting one thing...creating light bullets to counter darkness djinn, and water bullets to counter fire monsters.

Does he want to get killed? There are no time limits on his bullets, right? Spend the damn SP, or do you think you have reincarnation?

Idiot!:p

It's already known he can create light bullets, so people will think he has a production skill...which in a way he does, via laptop.:p

bbctheory84 likes this.
  17. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true, I had forgotten that they were able to find traces of light attribute mana at the previous crime scene, so I suppose they should be able to find dark attribute as well.
    As for Sven, aside from being able to suddenly slay that magma giant from nowhere, I don't believe he was really acting out of the ordinary.

I wonder if it's possible for the MC to use stigma to temporarily coat Aether in dark attribute mana. We've seen that he can use stigma as the water attribute, but since he didn't have it when he fought the first djinn it's unclear whether he can use it as light/dark attribute, or if those are counted as attributes of higher order. If he's able, he can use stigma to later frame Chae Nayun's brother's death as a djinn attack. If stigma doesn't work he can also just use SP.

bbctheory84 and userunfriendly like this.
  18. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're referring to how he didn't use the light attribute bullets in this particular fight, it was stated that he couldn't because Chae Nayun would also get caught up in the attack due to her proximity to the djinn. If that's not what you meant, I failed to grasp what you're referring to.

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Excellent thinking! This would be an excellent assassination tool...

Unless during investigation they discover it is a bullet...and he's the only known attribute bullet user.

Better to use a bomb...lotta people know how to make.

bbctheory84 and Ingenuity like this.
  20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I had forgotten.:p

Ingenuity likes this.