Spoiler The Predatory Marriage Between the King and the Paladin/국왕과 성기사의 약탈혼

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by BooBoo, Feb 7, 2021.

1. zee11

zee11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I also have please

2. mirrioulle

mirrioulle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Much thanks to all who gave spoilers!

3. CaptanCrunch

CaptanCrunch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can i get linlk

4. YouKnowWhoIAm

YouKnowWhoIAm Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some raw up to chapter 29 since it only have 31 chapters, if you read the latest english translation(Chap 19), Calli was obviously think that Eze married someone which makes her more jealous and mad but for what i understand, Eze prepare all of it (the house, newlywed things etc) for Calli. i think his preparation was related to the fact about how paladins couldnt have a wife (you'll know more in the latest eng translation) the couple ring Eze had, seems like the necklace given by calli to him which is related to Calli's mother , he went to a weaponsmith something to be able to change it as a ring. the back story start from chapter 18 (i think) until chapter 28, so it much like the reason why Eze left her, how Calli able to be the King and how they met again and obviously their past(how Calli like Eze or how Eze fall in love with him). And if im understanding it correctly, calli will be pregnant and they will have a child. I couldnt read the last two chapter in the manhwa version since its not available.

It is a fast pace manhwa so couldnt expect more. i didnt know the novel so i just spoil from its manhwa version.

5. TheEldritchGod

TheEldritchGod Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Morality is a discussion. You don't just have it appear in your head, unless you were fully formed when you burst forth from Zeus' brow.

As for the discussion itself, just my two bits:

Objectively, the moment the FL threatened to Kill the ML's friends if he did not marry her, she took away his ability to consent. Even if he does not want to press charges, she is guilty of rape. Period. End of sentence.

However, is the ML really that clean cut? Let's reverse this. The ML leaves the FL. At that point, the FL lead found true love, got married, and had a child. She is happy. ML comes back and says, "I made us a love nest." And she, being a well-adjusted person says, "No. You left years ago. I'm happy now. Please move on."

Does anyone want to tell me that the ML WOULDN'T kidnap the FL and chain her up in that CREEPTASTIC house of his? Why try to keep that house a secret? Would the order REALLY care?

This is a story about an abused woman who flips out, gets revenge, and finds her ex-boyfriend who has turned into a S-Tier STALKER. If the power dynamic went the other way, she'd be dressed up like a doll with an ankle bracelet chained to the bed for the rest of her life. Don't try to say, "ML Be Good Boy!" That kid ain't right in the head.

Would the ML consent, if he had been given the chance? Oh yeah. I believe that. I 100% believe these two psychopaths are a match made in heaven. And that is the author's out. That's why he made up these two screwed up people so screwed up. Honestly, the ML doesn't mind and the FL just needs to get her trauma out of her system and I have no doubt they'd be happy together.

Still rapey as HELL.

Is this good? Is this Bad? Should we go "Yas Queen Slays" or go, "Boo! Evil! Hiss!"?

It is. It is a story and it happened a certain way. It is fine to suggest that the outcome wasn't "FAIR", but you can't say the outcome wasn't right. The outcome is right because that's how the author wrote it. We CAN debate the morality of this, unlike the opinion of SOME PEOPLE, but debating the morality is separate from the story itself. Was it well written? Did it follow its own internal logic?

In my opinion, with the exception of one single plot contrivance "The willful ignorance of the FL", I think the story held up. I find it a rather "low brow" story because it relies on stabbing you in the gut to get a reaction and then it glazes over the consequences of that choice. I would have liked more of a deconstruction, but... given the characters and what we know about them, I can't say the outcome was illogical (with the one exception). (and I mean INTERNAL LOGIC, not logical from a 3rd party perspective.)

I would say, as far as stories go, a bit formulaic. Predictable. There were few plot twists, but in a way that isn't a bad thing. This isn't really a 'story', in my opinion but far more of a character study. If you look at it from the perspective of, "How are these two damaged and what will be the outcome?" then it is an interesting read.

In my opinion, the writer took the easy way out. The FL should have killed the ML and then found out he always loved her and was always waiting for her. Then she would be about to kill herself, but she should have found out she was pregnant, so she lived the rest of her life with a child that looked just like HIM.

That would have wrapped everything up very nicely, indeed.

6. Masahiro-Sensei-Isamu-Eita

Masahiro-Sensei-Isamu-Eita New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For all of those who think that this Manga is about a Strong Female Lead and a Weak Male Lead... you have it completely backwards.

I'm not going to spoil it other than to say that the Male Lead is getting what he desired, just not exactly the way he expected it.

He tried to explain himself repeatedly, but is shut down by the Female Lead who is afraid to hear what he would say due to her own insecurities... HER weaknesses playing themselves out is what is the hardest to watch and the Male Lead has the Patience and Mercy of a Saint. That is NOT a weakness on his part.

Also, this is about a Monogamous Marriage from what I have seen so far from MangaBat.

Sorry for the Broken Nature of the address, but Novel Updates is telling me I can't use links, so this isn't a link.

Yes there is at least ONE other guy that is interested in the Female Lead but has no chance with her and doesn't really love her although he is loyal. So to call this a reverse harem is not accurate. The attempted forced arranged marriage to a Noble before the current events of the Novel do not count IMO.

bleedingliar24 and Biakushi like this.
  7. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to buy the novel so I did an exhaustive search. The korean name of the novel is 국왕과 성기사의 약탈혼 and the author is the same author of "the princess imprints a traitor" and "Queen Adele".
    It seems is only 1 volume novel with 6 chapters:
    Chapter 1 - Bloody Calliope
    Chapter 2 - Bethroral / Predatory Marriage
    Chapter 3 - Favorite National Book
    Chapter 4 - Calf love
    Chapter 5 - To end a twisted love
    Chapter 6 - One afternoon at the royal palace

For those who want to buy the novel here is the link: https://ridibooks.com/books/4745000108?_rdt_sid=author&_rdt_idx=1

your crush likes this.
  8. kcis

kcis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not here to read long rants on morality and no one is interested if you’re dropping this, bye.

Thanks a lot to the people who actually contributed to the spoiler thread—- very much appreciated!

9. Deleted member 420890

Deleted member 420890 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read the translated chapter 24 just now, and am incredibly curious over how it ends.

I found all the manga chapters. You can DM me if you want the link.

Is there any kind soul who could divulge roughly what is happening from chapter 25-31? Just a quick summary would be fine. I'm mostly interested in how...
    Calliope managed to come to great power (I mean, she smashed slabs of stones with her bare hands!) through some training provided to her by someone (a relative?), and what is being said in her conversation with Eze in his house when they visit it together? I hope he puts her in her place in the conversation, and isn't meekly apologizing for her insecurities by apologizing for not haven been given the chance by Calliope to explain what happened to him.

Cheers! :)

Pansy25 likes this.
  10. iii-kun

iii-kun New Member

Reading List:
    Link

hey.. can i have the link? pretty pleaseee... idk how to dm someone on this website (。ŏ﹏ŏ) i just made this account a minute ago just for the link..

11. jeonghanyi

jeonghanyi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The FL really too much and only care about what she felt.

12. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BRUUHHH they just release an uncut version of the manhwa, meaning its R19

13. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    This story would be a one-shot if the two protagonists actually talk after their reunion

14. Mifried

Mifried Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, just to mention:
    A new version of the manwha has been released. A mature version. In this version is shown how proactive is the ML and well, just check it because I found it more coherent since the FL changes a bit in it.
    During the deed, she normally asks what he wants and that she will reward him but the ML doesn't ask for anything. He's contented with her so she rewards him with something.
    The Silver knights. They were away after their wedding and Ezek didn't see them. He didn't mind actually. After doing the deed she realised this (and since he also pleased her) she told him that they were treated right and she never gave an order to abuse them or anything. What's more, he could see them anytime he wanted

15. Rizza

Rizza Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I read questions from others wondering about what happened during that night when they woke up in the morning and he was tied to a bed. If I remember correctly from what I've seen and understood before in the written work and the mtl way it got translated.. err... I don't know how to put spoiler tag.. hope this is the correct way..

It was actually him who can't stop romancing her that night until dawn that she gotta tie him to the bedpost so she can rest and sleep.
    This was brought up in the part of the novel when they met again after a week. On her mind, she was feeling guilty about it because she assumed she attacked him again that time even though she doesn't remember it. Meanwhile he apologized that he might have been too rough the night before they parted ('coz he remembers it), while she answers that he couldn't have been more aggressive than her and he just happily agreed.

bleedingliar24 likes this.