News The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage as a TV Drama ?!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Vico, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think many people in the novelupdate community know the novel mentioned above. It is pretty famous and popular, even in China. The heroine is smart, ruthless, loyal and deeply scarred by her past and her love story with the male lead is amazing (and I love the fact that we get an explanation about her rebirth).
    So I always thought there would be much chance to see this novel adapted into a drama someday since it's so popular. So, to kill time, I occasionally make some Google research about this. And someday, here's what I find : https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Rebirth_of_the_Malicious_Empress_of_Military_Lineage
    However, don't get happy too quicky : nothing is official, for now, it's just rumors. However, if it's true, then I'm really excited, even though they'll probably change plenty of things, as they usually do (don't get me started on The Princess Weiyoung). Nevertheless, I think it could be a nice drama to pass time (however, Zheng Shuang wouldn't be my 1st choice as Shen Miao, even though I'm a great fan of hers : she's too innocent-like).
    So, just like that, here's the possible actors I would like to see for the cast :
    Shen Miao : Guan Xiao Tong, Zhang Xue Ying, Li Qin, Shen Yue, Sun Yi
    Xie Jing Xing : Chen Xiang, Zhang Ruo Yun, Aarif Rahman, Shawn Dou, Liu Hao Ran
    Fu Xiu Yi : Jing Chao, Tan Jian Ci, Yalkun Merxat, Ding Yu Xi, Peng Gan Ying
    Mei Furen : Li Chun, Sun An Ke, Maggie Huang, Hai Ling, Maggie Chen
    Pei Lan : Xu Zheng Xi, Li Zhi Nan, Sun Bo Hao, Hong Yao
    Shen Dong Ling : Ma Xin Yu, Lee Xin Ai, Xia Wa, Su Qing
    Shen Yue : Chen Meng Xi, Dai Wen Wen,
    Shen Qing : Tong Yao, Mary Ma, Liu Yng Lun, Wang Ruo Xin, Sun Xiao Xiao
    Luo Ling : Wang Rui Chang, Lu Peng, Tong Meng Shi
    Luo Tan : Zhuang Dan Fei
    Shen Qiu : Liang Zhen Lun, Ever Zu Huai
    Prince Yu : Zong Feng Yan
    Shen Gui : Su Ke
    Chen Rou QIu : Liu Qian Han
    Huang Fu Hao : Wang Xi Chao, Li Shen, Ding Qiao
    Shen Yuan : Shu Ya Xin,
    And I could go on and on (actually, I didn't even talk about all my preference for these characters) but right now, I'm more curious about the opinion of others. Would you like a drama adaptation of this novel ? What actors would you like to see

2. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm usually not one for dramas because the novel adaptations get manhandled :blob_tilt: but aside from actors I really want to know how they'd portray Empress Shen's revenge. Like a lot of action is centered over things changing because she knew about them.

3. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    not interesting in drama, they are bad at adapted drama, they ruin princess wei yang. I bet they will ruin this novel too.

4. nekomemeow

nekomemeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im a little skeptical about drama adaptation (every drama adaptation) bc true.... they usually ruined the novel but if its this one... im going to give it a try and hope to god they dont ruin it. i clicked the link and shen miao and xie jing xing are already chosen? the two seems......... ok.... i guess. we'll see lol

new edit. its nots xie jing xing... instead its xie jinghang????????????????? :0

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's possible, but I think only an anime can capture some parts when SM takes her revenge. Other than that it can go as Live Action/TV Drama as it wants.

Sana99, Reak and Vico like this.
  6. manga2000

manga2000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet there's no rebirth just like Princess Weiyoung which will ruin it. It'll make the plot too generic. For example, if you take the rebirth aspect out of both of these novels and try to make it into a drama then the plot would be too similar. The rebirth aspect and their motivation is what distinguishes them from eachother.

1. Smart girl who is cautious and ruthless when needed
    2. A love intrest with a 2nd identity that turns out to be a prince
    3. Palace scheming and warfare
    4. Enough plot to cover 90+ chapters
    5. And the protagonist successfully becomes queen

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    They chose a pure, innocent looking actress for a reason. Don't expect a badass female lead, you'll get a copy of the drama version of Princess Weiyang. It's what they do. Let alone the other changes they'll make.

Recently, I watched a random scene from a drama:
    And I fell in love with the 'evil' female character, cause she's so intriguing. I wished she was the main character >_>; She was also prettier, as usual. Compare with the plain bubbly idiot naive and pure girl who can shoot arrows - typical female lead type. That's why I'm so bored. I want to see a scheming and seductive MC who strikes preemptively, not the usual pure and innocent girlie who gets scammed, bullied, heart-broken, etc. I just want a change of type -_-. I'll start rooting for the villains going like that. I won't even mourn the ending where the MC and/or MC's lover gets killed. I'll start cheering. Geez.

Sutad Aatma, Szara and Aisha Ann like this.
  8. RebirthofNovel

RebirthofNovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This drama is again going to be shit like Princess Wei Yang. They made complete mess of it

9. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't looked at the raws, but if I were to guess the character in his name is 行, which can be read as both xing and hang but can someone please tell me how to know which one it is in a name without asking the author

I'm curious to see how it'll turn out... I've never watched a historical novel adaption but I think China has restrictions on rebirth in dramas(?????? I forget where I saw this but) so I wonder how they would handle it.

nekomemeow likes this.
  10. Emina425

Emina425 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also won't expect much if this were to be true. Princess wei young, even the PGC one is so diff from the novel. I think the concept of rebirth is not allowed in tv, I think in China? Not sure but if yes, it would be ironic, since rebirth novels are all over the place. I'm not sure but I watched like other 3 series(forgot the titles) that's supposed to be a rebirth in novel but ended up either time travel/slip or acquired knowledge to continue the plotline. Just speculations though.

Sheri_Yui_Chan and nekomemeow like this.
  11. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about how they will adapt that in tv drama, not sure it would turn out great like the novel. And I don't know much about Chinese actors.. but gonna add it to my watch list :blobpopcorn:

Vico likes this.
  12. Er xiao jie

Er xiao jie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might watch it even tho they will make the drama different from the actual plot in the novel. But i will be ruthless with my review on the drama if they messed up too much/the ending is open ending (which seems likely).

You call it 'hang' when you are counting words in an sentences/article. It is usually mentioned as noun.

Meanwhile 'xing' is commonly used as verb. The easiest example for this is:
    你行吗? (Can you?/are you capable?).

nekomemeow and riririn like this.
  13. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bless your soul thanks for the explanation!!! Also, in the cases of names, is there usually one that would be used? Like "hang" because it's a noun. Would it be weird to use one over the other?

14. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    Bei Wei wei actress of love o2o became shen miao? aint she way too tall for such chara?
    also the guy who shall-be ML is not COLD enough especially those eyes and eyebrows.

15. Er xiao jie

Er xiao jie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All chinese names basically has meanings. There are some chinese characters that could be called in different way like the 'hang' and 'xing'. It depends on the person who give the name, what do they want to convey in a name? When it comes to ppl names, usually the person will explain himself, which character and how does he call the character.

This is the simple example when someone introduce herself: my name is 小丽 (xiao li). I'm the youngest child so i have xiao character in my name. The li character is from 美丽 (mei li means beautiful).

When she introduced herself that way, other ppl won't be mistaken which chinese character they will use when they write her name.

riririn likes this.
  16. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    Empress Shen is a revenge story..... how the heck will that get to happen without some sort of rebirth? Like it has that much impact because it is a rebirth, she has been betrayed by the one she loved, lost her family, lost her children, and then lost her life. How do you portray that much anguish?

weirdnshort likes this.
  17. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, neither the cast nor the production of the drama are sure, it’s only rumors for now

nekomemeow likes this.
  18. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    I love evil female character, female soldier, assassin dancer in drama, they look strong, captivate, badass and beautiful than weak pathetic MC. Too bad they don't cast them as MC in strong scheming drama.
    Even i am female, i don't know why i always was mesmerising by female solder, female assassins, evil female character, supporting female character. MC in drama look stupid, boring and useless, i feel mc is trash or unworthy whenever i watch drama cause they act as damsel in distress. Even Second male character, villain male look strong, handsome and cool than ML in drama. MLs are not good look in drama, they look like worst and stupid who misunderstood MC. His love is trash and unworthy. Honestly they make me lost appetite.

Jevanka926, ludagad and Femme Fatale like this.
  19. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd absolutely love an adaptation, but only if it's true to the text if not I'd be disappointed ~

nekomemeow, Rumby and Aisha Ann like this.
  20. sherry90

sherry90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm excited and worried. China censored reincarnation/rebirth so how ? Unless they make it web drama and but can web drama not follow that rule? Another thing they might ruin it by adding unnecessary stuffstuff. But if the production company is Daylight I think it will be fine cos they usually follows novel closely....

nekomemeow and Rumby like this.