LCD The Returner

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by FHandsome, May 26, 2018.

1. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will do my best to release the chapters daily. Can't speak for any unforeseen circumstances, but for now, the plan is to release it everyday at midnight EDT. (GMT -4).

And yes, it is primarily a comedy. There's a healthy dose of action moving forward, but in between, expect to see a lot of sitcom-like moments.

2. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well has interesting first chapters, although I am still not clear how op in fact the MC is, nor the details of where he was.

Viola likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

The prequel ends with our MC OBLITERATING the world he was in.

Whether he keeps that power (or any portion thereof remains to be seen) needs to be answered. It would depend on whether the author wants to explore where the world becomes aware that this weirdo in Korea is more powerful than...NATO, or remains blissfully unaware that this guy can fart and trigger hurricanes...(no lighter jokes, please) (if you don't understand the reference, you missed college) (ok, for those of you who missed college, after getting drunk, a classic game is lighting farts...)

I keep getting this feeling that the cute army officer is like that army girl in EER who tried to buy the dog fur in volume 1...and sooner or later, she'll be asked to use her sexual charms to seduce the MC...

:p

Paps likes this.
  4. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just in case you guys missed it, I haven't placed "Harem" tag.

There's a reason for that........

Kirikaize, Paps and Viola like this.
  5. ShadowxWolf7801

ShadowxWolf7801 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    e.e

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Youre placing a figure of a thousand year old as a ruthless xianxia character. Lol
    In fact he was not and he was kinda tired of living already back then..
    He is also more sly than the stupid arrogant xianxia MC that would just kill all the police and invites trouble to himself while his goal is to enjoy life that he missed for a thousand years.
    Once he becomes a wanted man, he would just becomes target of hatred again until it escalates to the point where he need to destroy things again.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Sin, HavenCustos, Paps and 2 others like this.
  7. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure it was clearly stated that he could not die and everything that he remembered flowed away with time and he wasn't trying to destroy the world per say but the world got in his way and thus was forced to die so that he himself could perish or return to his world. Also he may have had some inner thoughts about killing the police officer but well he is a thousand year old dark mage he can definitely think rationally that it is a bad idea to get rid of her so easily especially if he wants a peaceful life.

Viola and Shield Loyalist like this.
  8. Asf

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet that 150$ choi jung spend will go a long way for him since that guy he spent it and get gratitude from is the OPest guy.
    That can safe his life in the future for more than once..

Paps likes this.
  9. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you only immersed yourself to the character of the Mc you would understand that something happened in the other world and I hope the author would fill us up in the later chapters. So far it's plot hole material but if it's filled then its definitely better than your typical JP and CN. If you got homesick because everything in that world was horrible and couldn't use death as an escape, I'm pretty sure some people would kill the whole world if they keep stopping him to reach his goal and aspirations. Age doesn't often show the wisdom one has acquired through the years, so instead of progressing, he probably regressed when he experienced that something in the other world.

10. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a possibility of this becoming Harem? Because if it is, I'm dropping this like I've been tossed with hot coals.

11. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what has me curious, why was the otherworld so adamnt on stopping him from leaving, I though that at least the Golden Dragon knew that he wanted to go home, why oppose him so strongly about it, could it be that he using that gem would trigger a cataclism??? Why where the Gods interfiring so strongly agaist him???

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Without the big glowing stone, the congregation wouldn't know it was the time for service (especially donations) :p

13. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it kept the world quiet for the Gods naptime.

Paps likes this.
  14. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now thats a big reason.

15. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from what I've read so far.... our MC is not exactly a lady's man. Not in a clueless main character kind of way, no, but as in "I don't care about women and I don't trust them" kind of way. He also goes out of his way to irritate others, so....

0000000, Asf, Paps and 1 other person like this.
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    100% harem full of masochistic woman whom can't fend for themself... Then he doesn't acknowledge any of them and finally gets a lovely woman later on down the track. RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT. These predictions have been to stop the 95% accurate prediction rate I have because of Fossil...

Paps likes this.
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Apparently women like this...at least according to the majority of Japanese LN authors...:p

It's the gods' night light.:p

So far is funny...in that slightly milked-for-all-you-can way that the best (one hilarious toilet humor joke per hour) Korean comedies have. I hope to see some good original humor arcs soon.

So far slightly inferior to "To Be a Power in the Shadows" but that may be due to lack of chappies. (besides, not every author can strike comedy gold like TBAPITS.)

:p

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Paps likes this.
  18. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's this chick.... But you'll have to wait a while before she shows up. And she's not exactly what you expect, either...

19. Asf

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how he becomes a normal human again..
    More so one with a broken magic circuit and no artifact on..
    Lets see how he fare against the ability user mutants in this world.

20. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wao, so MC is no longer immortal, he lost five years of whatever meaning that he needs to get a job as hunter or something but he lost his immortality (kinda wishing for a deadpool like, less on 4th wall breaking and more on screwing others) and some magic shit. Damn I like this author for trying something.