Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Small, late, update: I have redacted my Airplane Bro extras.
    I was really happy to translate and share them, however, I guess people aren't exactly happy and started translating it on their own--and honestly, it made me feel insulted and sad when I saw other translations floating around. So, I have redacted mine just in case the people who are currently translating the extras want to put up their translations (which, if they want to, then please go ahead!)

If time goes by and they do not, then I'll be more than happy to put them back up. However, in the meantime, I'm really sorry. Thanks for understanding.

EDIT: that being said, I'm willing to still share them if people ask for them privately on twitter or here.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry to know you removed your Airplane extras. I've greatly enjoyed them and, afaik, you were the first to make them available. (y) Thanks for sharing them with us before.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to report that translation progress has been very good with the current staff of:
    • me = organizing stuff, working on the website, final editing
    • Feli = our lone editor
    • Yan, Lily, Cheryl, Windyday, Syeki, Fionavarre, Satellite, and Fae = current active translators
    *knock on wood* We've been publishing chapters at a faster rate but with only one editor and no translation checkers, it can get pretty hard sometimes. :eek:

Thanks to everyone who has been helping with the project!

Cypress, Endlessness and Melonee_Mizu like this.
  3. Endlessness

Endlessness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, that's sad to hear. :blobconfounded: I used your translations as a reference while writing SQH/MBJ fic. Thank you! (Plus, you and your editor's comments are :blobokhand:)

Meanwhile, I've finally caught up with the latest translation! :blobtaco: Man, reading the translation really gives more personality to the characters. I remembered not being that sad and wronged for Shizun when Bing-mei scolded him for being with his father and his cousins after he woke up in the Mausoleum.

Cypress, Melonee_Mizu and readerz like this.
  4. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like everyone liked it but I know it's "incomplete", so they say. And, to be honest, I'll wait about a month or so to see if the other translators put theirs up. If not, then I'll bring mine back, since it's not exactly fair to the audience. (and Thank you for the kind words. The editor's comments were just pretty much for funsies tho haha)

But I'm still willing to share if people ask for the links. I recently just revived the docs from the trash bin, and I'll be giving it out privately until I feel confident again to ask Readerz to put them back up (if the other translators didn't put theirs up by then).

Thanks again, and I'm really sorry. Hopefully, the rest of the novel is good though! And thanks to Readerz and Scriptor and the rest of the team for translating the novel!

Endlessness and readerz like this.
  5. oola

oola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Wow. What's with this spread of "there can be only one" attitude about translations? Should George Chapman be rolling in his grave, then? Just look at these people translating same textsflinging insults since 17th century! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_translations_of_Homer

kurisleen likes this.
  6. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    /gosp/ Is that someone getting angry? For what, i ask?

Jokes aside, I mean lol, I'm not going to participate in this argument you want to start. If you wanna talk to me or anyone about it, you can gladly waltz into DMs. Starting an argument in public is not only an eyesore but will also clog a spoiler's chat that frankly doesn't care about such things.

K, thnx

Paper_Plains likes this.
  7. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Liu Qingge...:blob_teary: What a true bro!!!! If he's still single by the end of the novel I'll transmigrate in there and take him for myself

8. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lololololol pat pat there there dearest.....

readerz and Cypress like this.
  9. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard someone say the whole scene with the kiss in chapter 64 was edited out. is that true? Can someone please tell me what it was originally :'t

10. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    But there is a kiss scene in chapter 64. (y) I don't know what they mean.

Emmabluez likes this.
  11. Emmabluez

Reading List:
    Link
    A couple of fanartist saying that the original had more "scenes" leading up to the kiss or something

12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't tell unless they say which version they have since, unfortunately, the original got locked. :eek: There are several versions of the novel around. And what do they mean by "edited out"? The author removed them? IDK, don't ask me, ask them. The last time some people said something was "taken out" they actually weren't. The author just moved things around so scenes were in different chapters. There's no way to tell what they were talking about without details.

13. Emmabluez

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing the original. I did ask but did not get a response Dx I can only guess that the original had more smut or something?! I will keep digging

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the novel got locked so when/if it ever gets unlocked it till have zero smuts.... cuz the crabs ate them all. (not a joke)

Emmabluez likes this.
  15. Nokia Red Panda

Nokia Red Panda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When SV was finished, MXTX went back to edit some of her texts in SV for the published hardcopy version and the OG version. So right now there are two versions of SV: one which is the edited, finalized version, and the second one the unedited one.

The plot was still the same. Her edits were more focused on the characterizations. So she added and removed some dialogue, and body language here and there.

So there was a scene in Chapter 64, where before leading up to the kiss, LBH and SQQ had a heart-to-heart talk in a dreamscape in the unedited one.

In the edited one, the heart-to-heart was completely cut out, which, I assume is because of SQQ's character development.

What BCNovels use is the finalized, edited version, which is also the same version that is locked. So the scene was not translated.

Some folks on twitter decided to dig up the unedited raws and tled that so they can read the scene.

Emmabluez and Endlessness like this.
  16. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thanks for the info. (y)

We actually had a discussion earlier on this thread about stuff like that. MXTX has "print-only" stuff that (AFAIK) is not supposed to be posted online since, well, it's basically one of the biggest reasons to buy the print version.

I'm unsure whether BC Novels ought to translate the print extras... but maybe we will. Still undecided atm. I believe there's hmm, I forget the exact ones, but I think the chibi, wedding, and one of the R18 extras is print only.

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether the print stuff should be translated or not?

17. Blanchelise

Blanchelise Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I know I’m not a regular on these forums, so I’m a just a little confused? Regarding the two versions, are there any juicy differences between the two versions?

And I’m not sure whether it’s true or not, but I read somewhere that Chinese censorship (as always)was the reason the smut and stuff were taken down ;-;.

Hnnnnnnn, and also, I think I found translations for the extras when I went searching for more SV (after devouring everything on BCnovel’s website and craving more). I think they are really good, and they have a whole translations masterlist!!!

https://pizziccato.tumblr.com/post/180786497951/translation-masterpost

18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    AFAIK, no one has made an in-depth study of the differences but it's often said there are only a few small differences in the main story, mostly in tone (for example, less cussing in the edited version) and some minor stuff here and there. The biggest difference is that the print version has some more extras. :cautious: The extras have more of the R18 stuff.

The original is somewhat of a difficult case to explain. As the main fan translator, BC Novels uses the latest edited version (note: the one that got locked) since it seems to be the one that the author prefers. However, some fans like the original version since it's more "raw" and comedic. :D

Blanchelise likes this.
  19. Nokia Red Panda

Nokia Red Panda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Between the unedited one and edited one, plotwise, not much. Just some character interaction that is really important!

The published version and the one locked in JJWXC is the same one except that the published version has the Marriage Extra, the only extra that is book-exclusive. The extra on the publishing site, on the other hand, is the Zhu Zilang Extra. All the other extras, do correct me if I'm wrong (Bingge vs Bingmei, LQG extra...) are readily available in both versions.

And yeah, reason why the smutty chapters are not in the online version is because publishing site rules and CN Gov. censorship. However, the published book version should still have them!

Ahhh Pizzicato did TL a good chunk of the extras! I believe faelicy also translated the LQG extra as well. Do check those out! Both of them are good TLers!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  20. Blanchelise

Blanchelise Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you guys so much!!!

Aaaaaaaaah, Nokia Panda-san, do you have a link?