Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Thanks so much for answering! Kinda feel bad for Shen Yuan for his illness, but at least he's got Bing-mei now... If that's a good thing... :' ) I don't think I've seen those parts in the current translations of the novel (and I might have to re-read the raws if they're in future chapters (but not like Google translate is much help with making sense of most things)), but if they are in current translations, I'm probably just dumb LOL.

Thank you again for answering my questions! ; 3 ;

Kitama likes this.
  2. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the two specific examples i gave of "wealthy young master" and "personal chef" are in the early parts of the novel.
    "Wealthy young master" was from the scene where SQQ lets LBH ride in the horse carriage down the mountain, before the Skinner plotline.
    "Personal chef" is of course from the scene where LBH lets SQQ taste his cooking for the first time, right after the "Without a Cure" poisoning.

Kitama, Aeli, c0c0ly and 2 others like this.
  3. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Attica sums it up pretty neatly. About all the information we get about Shen Yuan's life before transmigration was that:

1. Probably had some kind of terminal illness because of how long he had to stay in the hospital -- enough to finish a ridiculously long stallion novel. It doesn't sound like he started out this way either, which is a knifey thought. We can assume he dies at the hospital.

2. Shen Yuan most likely was a rich kid -- enough to fund his long hospital stay with no problems and his family even had a personal chef. It's questionable whether his family was a rich 'noble' family or more noveau riche, as he (seems to jokingly) refer to himself as the son of.

We might find out more in the extras, but I don't really recall them going into detail about it? Hope that helps. :)

Kitama, saekicchi, swordfish and 7 others like this.
  4. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok this is not much of information. but if I remember correctly I think he said he used to own a dog when he was healthy in the love fortune extra.

He was comparing himself with the orignal. "Even Shen jiu has a fiancee but what about me ? I have nothing ......only a dog"

Something like that:D

5. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffft, well SQQ does get a dog later, if you count earnest puppy!LBH. :blobxd:

Fuyuneko and Ami like this.
  6. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone! I’ve been stalking for a long time and finally I come out!(please forgive my poor english, I’m Chinese and my english scores at school isn’t that good)I’m so happy to see my favorite bl novel get translated into english and there are so many lovers of mxtx and her scum-villian’s self-saving system!
    I have many school work to do but I will try my best to join you and answer questions!
    And here is a little truth about our SY before he become SQQ(our beloved mxtx answered the question herself when been asked “How did shizun die in his previous life”):he has always been a healthy person,the third child of a rich family.One day, when he finally finishes that web novel,he got so angry because of all the plot holes not been filled that he get up in the middle of the night and go find some snacks in the fridge and tuck in in order to put out his anger.
    And he got food poisoning.
    Then... Goodbye SY and Hello SQQ!

P.S:there were no hints that SY once own a dog,that phrase is saying that while original!sqq has a financee,he(sy)has always been a single dog(a slang for forever alone)

Kitama, saekicchi, starrynui and 17 others like this.
  7. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the correction !! it's been a long time since I read it and I didn't check again, either way its still funny :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    readerz likes this.
  8. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot for the clarification!! Damn SY must have been extremely extremely unlucky to die from food borne illness especially as a rich kid. Food poisoning also has some pretty miserable symptoms, so that kind of death really sucks. It’s usually non fatal, but there are definitely cases where someone left food out of the fridge too long and contracted something serious.

I’m not sure if I find his or Airplane’s death more pathetic and funny lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    !!!

*hugs and dances around*

Thank youuuuuuu! :blobReach:

10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I find Airplane's more pathetic and funny lol. Seriously, electrocution from his own modern appliance/electrical socket? At least food poisoning is common and hard to prevent if you're eating fruit or something that can't be cooked lol.

readerz likes this.
  11. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess Airplane's death is funnier, but SY's is also pretty pathetic. The vast vast majority of food poisoning cases are nonlethal, especially if you are above childhood age. In addition, most food poisoning cases take a while to kick in so he was probably suffering for at least a bit, unlike Airplane's instant death.

Unless he got hit by Botulism or a severe case of Bacillus Cereus, ouch.

alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  12. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I may have missed this in all the pages this thread has by now so apologies if this was already asked. But I've been wondering: Do we ever see the author react to or comment on all the changes happening in the plot of the novel he wrote and the characters he originally created? Especially the "genre shift" into BL territory and everything?

readerz likes this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. There's -- what, 2-3 extras? -- from SQH's POV. One of the funniest involves him doing a lot of internal WTF WTF WTF?!?! at SQQ ahahaha~ Especially when he's walking with SQQ at one point and cute white bun Bing-mei leaps at SQQ for a hug. :blobmelt:

saekicchi, Chuyin, miximmaxim and 3 others like this.
  14. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    That was in like part 4 or 5 of Airplane Adventures iirc :'D Or something of the like. He even side-commented "I wouldn't be surprised if they flirted with each other" a few times (Or something along those lines~). But it seemed like he was really cool with it in the end tho LOL

readerz, CawCawBird and scriptor like this.
  15. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, not like he has much of a choice in the end! Thanks for the replies!

scriptor likes this.
  16. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh before I forget... Do you have a link to the spreadsheet that I could look at? I already devoured the fics by the previous two authors you've mentioned, and am wondering if there are any more that you recommend~

17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so old school my spreadsheet is not in Gdocs lol. So no link, sadly. Is there any preference you have btw? I can suggest a couple~

18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I don't really have any preferences since I eat everything up anyway lol. If you know any authors who have written quite a few fics, that'd be nice since I can just browse through all their stories

scriptor likes this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    c0c0ly and Attica like this.
  20. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer new chapter of the translation :notlikeblob:
    Sorry