LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good points. speaking of stamps i wonder if they try to bring anyone from earth. if its someone Seol knows it could only really be either his brother or the ex's little sister from what we've seen but both of those are superrrrrrrrrr unlikely. he could also try to bring either Dylan or Ian back since apparently thats possible. Ian would make way more sense as a magician, his knowledge, and he wanted to team up with Seol while with Dylan it'd be kind of awkward to bring him back and be like hey i run your team now and its not a team anymore and im your boss now lol.

2. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was thinking Cinzia invited her to serve as one of the guides; or rather, Maria paid her or did some service for her to get in. I imagine organizations can bring in outside personnel to help train the newbies, since that’s what Agnes said they were there for, plus they receive big bonuses while they’re there. Kim Hannah also pulled some strings to get in, and I’m assuming what she did was pull some favors with Cinzia. At any rate, I feel like it’s up to the organizations on who they want to come in for the Neutral Zone.

Plus, given how small Seon’s organization is right now and the need for people to staff their headquarters in the 3 months they cannot leave the Neutral Zone (since they can’t return after leaving and I’m assuming this applies for everyone and not just outsiders like Maria), Seon will probably invite outsiders from friendly organizations to help. Agnes seems like a sure thing.
    The benefit is getting contribution points, wasn’t it? Maybe Seon will be able to buy the holy artifact from the VIP store at that time. The survival points can also be converted to contribution points, though I imagine that’s a smaller stream of revenue for the hosts.

tkato likes this.
  3. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe certain things can only be purchased with the survival points so are unavailable to the hosts. But regardless the whole point of even talking about the Neutral Zone was the fact that Seol's organization is too small and they need more members. Him talking about going to the Neutral Zone doesn't actually solve this. I have a feeling that Seol's earned more contribution points with his slaying of the Parasite General than any amount of contribution points he'd earn as a trainer in the Neutral Zone. What Seol needs are stamps and people to stamp. I mean networking, identifying all the good talented newbies is valuable, but at the end of the day their inviters are going to get first shots to recruit them.(And he has no way to rip away Red Stamped people without negotiating with their inviters.) Now if Seol and Kim Hannah's plan is to scout the Red Stamps for hidden gems who they might want to negotiate for, that might be viable. The problem is growth in the Neutral Zone is very important even for a hidden gem and will become obvious to everyone by the end.

I figure Seol wrangling an invite for him and a few others to be trainers won't be so hard. They have plenty of cash and can trade favors easy enough.

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d say Kim Hannah will show her worth here in negotiating for the red stamps of other inviters. I mean, they’re red stamps and Seon has a lot of gold; as long as she doesn’t let them know of their value (and this is Kim Hannah we’re talking about), there’s a good snatch she’ll be able to snap up the promising ones without a hitch. It’s the bronze and silver stamps who’ll be hard to negotiate for, if at all. That said, they can build up good karma with other organizations by raising them up well while they’re in the Neutral Zone.

I’m real interested in seeing how Seon will handle the assholes like Kang Seok. That’s something to anticipate. I’m sure Seon will want to eliminate guys like Kang Seok who would have only aided the Parasite Queen.

Oh, and I just remembered Shin Sang-Ah (the nurse who kept getting stripped in the Tutorial) is in Eva. Gonna be a sappy reunion then, I suppose. Hopefully she’ll have built herself up enough at this point to make it worth headhunting her, since she was a red stamp.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    “Don’t misunderstand. The problem isn’t you Carpe Diem’s. It’s me Eva’s internal problem.”

Did Seol just get dumped? :blobtongue:

Shield Loyalist and lunarshadow like this.
  6. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me see if I can translate the polite speech.
    "Ok it's nice and all ya want to come to Eva. In fact we really really want you here. However Teresa pretty much said she'd murder our whole nation if anything bad happens to you. We believe her. We got a bunch of no good Earther's here we'd love to murder in their sleeps... but umm they're too powerful. Which reminds me, you don't have enough people and you'll get murdered in your sleep if you come here without getting more people. Oh and we were stupid and got fleeced of all our land by the people whose throats we want to slit so we have no where to even house... unless you conveniently slit some throats of people whose throats deserve slitting. It's a long list, pick a few. Don't tell us you did it. Really, please don't. We'll just smile and nod. Oh and *I* personally like your idea of getting along with the Federation. That view is not shared by most if not all of the Royal Family and of course that list of people who need to be murdered. You'll probably need to deal with all that shit first anyway."

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  7. Commentator

Commentator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no chapter today right?
    sad.

8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. The 15th. Oof.

9. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Made me annoyed two days in a row because 14th is Valentines.

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yet another chapter proving flone is the best girl in this novel lol. well her and teresa are tied for me but flone gets more chances to shine being around Seol all the time.

11. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Faster notification than the NU update page, heh.

Priest GET! Now their team is only really lacking a spell caster. Raising one up from scratch to become a sorcerer will probably take some time, so I wonder if they’ll recruit a more standard magician before the March recruitment.

12. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we have the ghost witch from the pagoda to teach magic stuff. seol just need the right guy, probably from the neutral area
    to lure him to the team and get the spellcaster

13. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope the person they picked will not get influenced by their backer/inviter.

14. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    weell, thats where mc eyes shows it worth, just check the guy with golden rule ^^

tkato likes this.
  15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not just the golden rule he can see their stats page with all their info including their personality, so theres basically no chance he doesn't pick a good person

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as we’re on this topic, anyone wanna take bets on what kind of stereotype he snatches up? A buried talent that went unnoticed and got killed early in the previous timeline? Someone who did get famous in the previous timeline, but is certain to go even farther with his help? Someone who would be average otherwise, but would excel in sorcery once introduced to it? Any other options I’m missing?
    I’d say that depends on the kind of mark they have. A silver mark is already pretty precious; Sora Phi got pissed off at having been forced to use two of her personal silver marks for her guild leader’s picks. Bronze is still weighty, but Kim Hannah was able to pressure the Cartel into giving up one of theirs (who I assumed was a Bronze by virtue of them not being treated like a slave; could have also been Silver, I suppose, but the guy seemed more underling material than management) to Sinyoung. But that’s Sinyoung, so we can’t really tell how easy it would be for anyone else to negotiate for one. Red marks, though, are probably easy to negotiate for, and it wouldn’t raise any flags if a new organization was looking to buy some red marks to fill up their ranks.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im kind of talking myself into the idea he gets a mark from the gods and invites someone from earth. i also think there is a chance (not very likely but still possible) he invites his brother at some point for a management position if sinyoung decides to put pressure on him in the real world and threaten his family. theres also the executor that was a magician iirc that believes theres a traitor amoung earthlings for the parasite queen so he could join since it seems like his ideas and goals align with Seol. as for the neutral zone specifically it'll probably have to be a hidden talent so they can actually negotiate a transfer, because if its someone like that European girl or Hao Win in terms of skill they'll probably be too expensive and well known

18. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Why worry when you have the best inviter in the entire Paradise?

The kids were both Bronze since there were only two Silvers in the Tutorial – Yun Seora and some idiot who died.

I don't think new Carpe Diem would go for Red Marks since they're focused on being an elite group... unless they actually go for a Gold Mark, in which they wouldn't have spare finances for Bronze and Silver.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, must have been thinking of Yun Seora. Then yeah, that just goes to show that even Bronze Marks are precious.

A certain Crazy named Chung Chohong started as a Red Mark, Shield Loyalist. Being an elite does not mean one cannot have ever been a Red Mark. Also, Seo Jihu is only the second person ever to have received a Gold Mark, I believe? As far as Invited go, we can pretty much only expect Bronze and Silver Marks to appear.

20. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    All of the first Carpe Diem started as Red Marks, yes.

My point is, Seol's Carpe Diem wouldn't want to waste time (and money) to have someone come only to die at Tutorial. They're an organization who aims to have quality over quantity, given how extremely hard it will be to get the other inheritances.

Seol will give some kind of support to make their recruits likely to survive, I'm expecting in the form of the extra benefits you get with the Marks.