LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Now it makes sense why this tutorial can scale from very hard to impossible. Unlike the basic tutorial which limits the amounts of points you can get, since you have a helper, this tutorial scales based on the strength of your helper. Thus letting you maximize your points.

To put it simply, if you kill 1 killer, all the other killers get stronger, if you kill more the stronger they get and more points you get. If you kill all of them, the sixth mother is unsealed. Aka, this tutorial is as hard as it needs to be.

So the necessary talismans are kind of a double edge sword in that if you kill something beyond your capability, the difficulty level will go up even higher. As mentioned, this tutorial goes all the way up to impossible, which means that it will only get harder.

The MC should have used his eyes on the talisman.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His eyes should be active 24/7 lmao. I would think with his reinforced Mana circuit he can tolerate it. But then it would be too "easy" and its impact on key plot points reduced.

this arc lacks...excitement...it's too easy that even a twist seems like it will be easily dealt with with op train seol carrying mastermind eun. I hope the arc wraps up quickly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  3. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    good old gatcha. who wanna bet they'll get something op needed to beat the homunculus from there, enabling them to beat the now "impossible" level tutorial?
    :blobunsure: this arc needs to pick up the pace.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  4. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe someone will pull a spear and he will finally be able to properly fight something. Worst case scenario Eun Yuri still has 2 talismans, so he should still be able to kill the thing if push comes to shove.

5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they just said last chapters 2 isnt enough and he would need 5 to do whatever plan they came up with while watching to beat it.

6. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect him to abuse those random coin boxes this time.

That is...necessary I think? Though I hope he wouldn't do another 'skeleton training' on the Homunculus.

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair to Seol here the best way to do this special tutorial was so specific and out there i doubt most people would have done it right. i dont think he ever had a shot of doing it correctly even if he spent more time thinking it through

8. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    kind of yeh. He'd probably have to explore the majority of the island to get enough clues to figure it out...on the other hand, a stronger boss enemy means more points, right? They also got the soma which seemed like it would have been absorbed by the homunculus.

9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest i kind of think if he fights off the monster on his own and actually beats it they shouldn't get any points. even though hes in the tutorial hes a "helper" and it seems kind of pointless if he can just do things on his own and get points for Eun Yuri. idk this whole helper system bothers me to begin with lol, its so stupidly OP along with making people gold marks but no one does it.

10. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    homunculus
    according to early chapters, silvers can also ask for a helped in lieu of other benefits like boxes.

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya its stupid they dont use it. i mean i guess technically others could have used it and we have no idea but if you're a big organization bidding on a neutral zone anyway you might as well use a gold or silver mark, have a super strong person be the marks helper and then have them get a boat load of points to spend in the neutral zone from the tutorial. if you consider how much overall value this process would bring organizations it'd be a no brainer for big organizations. they get a super strong silver or gold mark at the end of it (as long as they train them somewhat competently which i assume most big organizations have at least 1 person that knows how to train people), they get a ton of points from the tutorial to spend on neutral zone items, they get a profit from those points because they're also the host and sellers of the neutral zone, and with a helper you can guarantee not only your silver/gold mark live but also any other marks you invited during this neutral zone. sure maybe strictly speaking in contribution points numbers they take a short term loss, but the overall value is definitely a profit.

immortalnovelseeker likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> plot hole to be ignored. even a lv1-2 person could easily carry a newb through the tutorial and neutral zone.

immortalnovelseeker and tkato like this.
  13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol just like with him not always using his 9 eyes. but i think thats more so the author doesnt have to explain the color of things and mess up the flow of the story constantly.

14. qazwsxedc123

qazwsxedc123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not like the 7 gods will stay still if this happened too (or probably will think of countermeasures).. they also made a stage befitting a hard opponent for your helper.. and also even if you train them hard you will not know what will happen considering master jang is a one of a kind.

15. qazwsxedc123

qazwsxedc123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he said it himself too much reliant on nine eyes is a bad thing itself..

16. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the gods possibly making counter measures isnt a good reason for other organizations to not do something. big organizations and humans have taken advantage of the neutral zone and other things before forcing the gods to change requirements so its not like thats the reason they dont do it. as for the training aspect of course master jang is written in a way that there isn't an equal to him as far as we know in terms of training. but look at how well agnes trained Seol and where his starting point was in terms of his physical ability. even without master jang level training any competent trainer or paradise veteran could train a silver or gold mark up to be way above average in terms of starting strength with the help of the neutral zone's benefits.
    he shouldnt automatically assume the nine eyes is the end all be all, but that shouldnt stop him from using it. what i mean is look at how he dealt with the 6 mother and didnt really think too much about it based on the nine eyes colors. where as hes made decisions in previous chapters that went against the nine eyes colors and has even changed and influenced the color before. he should always use the nine eyes ability to gather more useful information in most situations, he just shouldn't stop thinking about a situation just because the nine eyes gives him that information. he can use the nine eyes more without relying on the ability, its all about how he uses the information and if he decides to process that information with his own thoughts and ideas or take the nine eyes info at face value all the time.

17. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can say that Master Jang isn't the appropriate trainer in this case. Why so? Because Master Jang is more like...a personal trainer.

He tailor fits the training depending on what the individual wants to do and these people are new. They have no concrete information about what style/build they want as an Earthling.

I'm hoping miss Teddy Bear was requested as a guest Instructor. That way I can reminisce... "LI!"... "LAC!" :blobsmirk::blobsmirk:

tkato likes this.
  18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends really, we've never seen him with a new unknown person but he started with someone in paradise and considering how highly regarded he is i bet he can do it. and they'll get the information anyway when they awaken to their classes, my only concern would be i dont know if he can train a mage just because we dont really know much about what it takes to be a mage. we know the few mana exercises Seol does but i'd imagine mages have a few more things they have to do related to the spells themselves. but even if he isnt great for mage training Yuhui can probably sort of help with training mages and Jang can handle pretty much any other class as his physical training is superb. I wonder if he'll end up training the 2 guys that are working with Eun Yuri and if Seol will buy their contracts to have them join Valhalla though. i cant imagine they'd be too expensive and even if they're nothing special more tanks never hurts, but i guess the main thing would be can they adhere and agree with Seol's vision or not.

19. KatStar

KatStar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the helper thing; I hope the author will explain why the other organizations didn't use it before but a gold mark it's really expensive. They coud get more people spending less and they don't know who will make it big in Paradise.

immortalnovelseeker likes this.
  20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    so she's a natural with mana like seol was...he really should look at her status window. she has to have an innate ability.