LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    He just means that Black Seol has done his best to give Seol all the tools he needs in order to breakthrough, the only issue is the only way he knows how to is by charging head forward.

Whether this is the right way or not I guess we'll just have to see, but considering its a novel it probably is.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well...as I see it, it goes down to how different the two seol jihu's are...Black Seol is underdog and he fights dirty. He started out at the bottom and crawled his way out by being cunning and relentless. Rather than tackle the issue head on, he changes the situation to fit him. Gold Seol (with his basis being the training he got from maldong and agnes) tries to overcome his limits head on rather than change his approach. Black Seol was probably hoping for Gold Seol to think outside of the box to overcome the challenge (the easy way). Gold Seol however is determined to surpass the challenge by directly overcoming his limits (the hard way)

They've had difference challenges so it explains why their approaches are different. Neither are wrong, but like Gold Seol said...Black Seol's methods failed to defeat the parasite queen. Hopefully next chapter will show us how Seol finally overcomes the 2nd peak...lmao, there's still one more to go.

Side note: that spatial skill was cool. Gold Seol better learn it by the end of the arc.

3. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d guess the third trial would be getting approval from Black Seol. He was the one at the place the third trial was supposed to be held in the first place. He will probably have Gold Seol defeat him in a 1v1 using any methods he sees fit while showcasing his skills to maybe give Gold Seol some inspiration to make his own. I mean, GS is already a level 7, he should be able to do something like at. At level 5 he discovered Floral Substitution by pure accident, so it can be done.

4. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, so now that Virgin Seol has been whipped into shape, Chad Seol can start passing on his skills. I still think this should end with a 1 v 1 that lasts until Chad Seol is beaten without shadow of a doubt. As Chad Seol said, he could pretty much beat anyone that didn’t use divinity. If Virgin Seol evolves to Chaddest Seol and gets divinity from Gula, he could defeat any Army Commander given the opportunity.

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think I'd cry again since Ian died in Paradise...

6. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think what I’ll say is a spoiler since I have no idea what will happen, but I think a heart-to-heart between them before Black Seol vanishes forever is a given. He will probably talk about his regrets and how he is happy Gold Seol is having the guts to do what he never could and make things right with their family and he can finally disappear knowing Gold Seol is now worthy and will have a true chance of saving both Paradise and his relationship with his family. I also wouldn’t doubt Future Vision being degraded to a extent since he isn’t there anymore, or maybe even disappearing completely and setting in stone the fact Black Seol is gone forever.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont forget he'll mention something about sleeping with all the girls around him and to not be a beta. speaking of future vision though we still have a decent amount of stuff to unlock in regards to his eye ability right?

8. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, he already unlocked all colors of the nine directions. I also don’t see a point to Future Vision giving him hints on what to do, since it is pretty much established the next battle will be final, or at least decisive and things never reached this point in the previous timeline. What will probably happen is the Nine Eyes just showing him colors and he has to figure out what they mean, like he did all the times Future Vision didn’t activate.

Also yes, I hope Chad Seol tells Virgin Seol to just grow a pair and make a move on one of them already (though he did kiss Yuhui).

9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats what i meant, he hadnt unlocked all colors. i just worded it super wrongly lol.
    but which one would you suggest he make a move on first. this is a delicate issue he cant afford to screw up. personally i think Yuhui is the scariest among all the girls in the running for joining his harem. she seems like the hidden final boss

10. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    He did unlock all colors a while ago, even before Eun Yuri was introduced. I think it was right after he saved Eva? His contributions were enough to unlock the final 2 colors, and they played a part in him learning about Eun Yuri and choosing to resurrect her.

And I think Yuhui will be the first, or maybe the only one. Seol hasn’t really shown romantic interest in any other girl and he isn’t the type to sleep around just for the sake of it. His relationship with Kim Hannah is a bit dubious, but I don’t see it going forward as it is right now.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah then i just forgot because he hasnt really used his ability much at all recently.
    no way his ex stands by and lets that happen, im pretty sure this will end in a harem route tbh. ive read other korean novels where the mc doesnt really show much romantic interests in any of the female leads but towards the end of the novel or even in extra chapters post novel you see the mc ends up with a harem and that seems to fit this story too. because yuhui, his ex, and teresa all seem like shoe ins. then you have all the iffy girls like Phi Sora, Chohong, and even Kim Hannah that could go either way

12. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be. Can we also talk about that low-key heavy hint that was Baek Jaehu knowing all of his favorite foods? If anyone was still doubting who she really was, this should be as obvious as it gets until the novel outright confirms it.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like black Seol could tell him, if not him though i hope it just happens soon. honestly i dont know why he isnt more curious about her knowledge about him and how she seems to care so deeply about him. same with Yuhui if it was me it would drive me mad not knowing why they seem so interested in me despite just meeting.

14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    If black Jihu were to disappear, I would hope his memories would be transfered in full to gold Jihu. That may fill in certain gaps like yuhui being so interested in Jihu and baek's identity. This would also render future vision obsolete as there wouldn't be anymore flashbacks to tap into. Black Jihu can disappear completely at that point (training wheels completely off)

15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thatd be interesting not just for figuring out the girls background, but itd also give Seol a chance to find out about anymore traitors on the earthlings side. i like that idea because then he'd also presumably have a little more info on who Yuhui is trying to trick by acting so injured and be able to help more then. how much time has passed on paradise since he started his trial btw?

16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't comment about Alpha Seol without having spoilers...and it'll ruin the chapter for you guys.

Hawaii mini-arc has nailed it already in place though. I doubt Seol would offer marriage to Kim Hannah if he's not open to it.

Heck in case you haven't noticed Phi Sora has been calling him "Dear" way earlier, but Seol has not offered marriage to her even as a joke.

Teresa doesn't count tho since she'd pounce like a hungry lion if such a thing happens lol.

tkato likes this.
  17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya more then likely Kim Hannah is going to be apart of the harem, but i think her and Seol still have trust issues they need to work out first. Phi Sora is iffy but she probably gets in, Chohong, Maria, and even Agnes are the ones i see being apart of the harem even though theres little to no romance ever teased between them and the mc. Yun Euri, the sister and the queen are all questionable to me and Teresa i see challenging the ex and Yuhui for top spot in the harem. also flone is a sneaky sleeper pick lol

18. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there is anyone in Paradise who trusts Kim Hannah more than Jihu. The thing is, Kim Hannah is famous as a manipulative and power-hungry bitch, so even if Jihu was a saint he wouldn't fully trust her. Meanwhile, Kim Hannah is fully aware of how flawed Jihu is as a person and how he has a lot of personal problems, so it's hard for her to fully trust him since he could do something stupid and end up screwing everything they build so far.

19. AMMoD

AMMoD New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's funny how the novel is a 9 out of 10 and the manhwa/webtoon is a 5 out of 10.

So much character development and world building stripped out.

Also, there are important characters that describe jihu as BLACK HAIR man to differentiate between him and the others. So why make him have BROWN HAIR?!?!? if they call out "brown haired man", that could mean like one of six characters.

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    cause Koreans typically have black hair? unless he dyed his hair, he wouldn't have brown hair and I think he's supposed to be..."ordinary"