LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I want Seol to do is what he is doing. Being a man and taking the lumps he deserves for the actions he's taken. There are times a person is given a set a choices. None of these choices are ideal. They all have consequences. It's not that Fate has dictated that Seol has to do this, it's that at the end of the day getting together with the women that like him are the consequences that he can live with. These consequences also happen to include being Yuhui's punching bag until she's properly vented. The author has made it pretty clear with his hints that Yuhui is fairly far along her pregnancy and just hasn't realized it yet. Confessing his sins to Yuhui will cause her the least emotional damage in the long run and most likely will lead to quicker forgiveness and reconciliation than Black Seol did with all of his antics and time travels. The reason this is the best course is because Yuhui has had the future predicted for her.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  2. whiters99

whiters99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes what he is doing currently is correct, letting himself being vented by his girlfriend. I'm not criticizing Seol's actions. What I'm not satisfied is Yuhui's.

Her anger is justifiable, no one won't get angry having their lover cheated on them. But no matter what, it was impossible to blame Seol for what happened. He's not guiltless but definitely can't be blamed if he already tried redoing things countless times. AND EVEN Future Yuhui HERSELF tried a giving a hand to prevent it alongside Black Seol but what is the result? They BOTH failed miserably.

If she herself failed then did she have the right to blame others? No.

Just like I said, she should try to understand him but also express that despite that she couldn't not get angry with him. This is much more preferable since it shows that she's also try to being understanding.

It's not like I don't understand a human's nature but that is exactly what is bad about human, they tend to be a hypocrite. Did I blame Yuhui for acting realistically? No. Then, did I think she's best girl? No, either.

Also, we're being out of context here. In the first place, everything will be fine if Yuhui just decided to end their relationship after knowing the much-likely-to-happen future, if she can't accept that. It was her choice to continue forward so she deserves it as well. It's like "Hey, that person's going to kill your parents if you went out at that time." but still believe it MIGHT not happen and went out regardless.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title of the chapter is pretty much it. This anger is part of the process. Being able to process something in your head is different from your heart being able to accept it. Like watching a horror movie where you know the plot beforehand, but you still get spooked or nervous seeing it for the first time.

Also, the problem isn’t that a nebulous unknown force forcing the two together (though who knows, maybe a certain canal of noodle-addicted goddesses are actually arranging this to happen; one of them did withdraw the instant hangover cure medicine just recently, after all, though in fairness, that’s just withdrawing help), but that it’s a fundamental problem with Seol himself that he gets into these situations. A BIG, BIIIIIG theme of this entire story is cause and effect. That’s essentially the golden rule. If someone is nice, someone may return that politeness and be nice to them back. Alternatively, they may choose to take advantage of that person if they’re the malicious sort. The root cause, in the end, is that the person chose to be nice to the other, even if they didn’t know what the exact kind of effect of their actions would be.

The fact that Seol cannot avoid getting into these compromising situations at all is why future him calls himself a “sonavabitch”. It’s fated that this will happen, but he can’t just give up responsibility for it all. It’s fated for a rude asshole to piss off people, does that mean the asshole is off the hook? Same thing here. Seol’s temperament and actions are what lead to this effect, and it isn’t necessarily just the two of them getting drunk together that leads to this. Somehow or another, their personalities and actions would lead to this situation in the end.

4. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you probably need to take a step back and look at this all objectively. From what I understand, your point of view is that she shouldn't be that upset because its an unavoidable thing so she shouldn't blame him for it.

I can completely understand that mindset, but that takes a much higher will power than most people in the world have to be able to quantify something like being cheated on. It doesn't matter if something is unavoidable, its okay to be upset that it happened. Just like @lunarshadow said, Seol needs to take his lumps for what happens from this point on, he needs to give Yuhui control of this situation since he is the one at fault - whether it was avoidable or not.

Humans are complicated, how we feel about things are valid though a lot of the time they don't exactly make sense lol. She needs to vent and get some time to herself to properly process everything, so whats the harm in the author showing a very human interaction?

Seol understands that he's not the victim here, that he is the preparator which if this wasn't a novel would honestly be an amazing thing. I think this might be a good thing to learn from for a lot of people so that they can understand these types of situations

Lonelycity likes this.
  5. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    If we look at bigger picture, Yuhui is not that different from Seohwa.

Oh I wish, but well no. It could have happened though. Sad he cut the harem in half though. Sad for Flone or Seora, Seol-Ah especially I think. Agnre and Cinzia could happen. With Cinzia I would have expected at least one night stand. With Agnes they had some personal affection but author never developed that.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  6. whiters99

whiters99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is indeed a very realistic interactions but that's also at the same time make Yuhui no different than real life girl with their own flaws.

Just like I said, it is a perfectly reasonable anger, having his boyfriend cheated on her. Still, can she be better at dealing with the situation with Seol? Yes, she can.

Although it was an understandable and realistic reaction, she should have been able to do better. It's not like it was a must for her to act like an ideal girl, I'm still perfectly fine with her ending up with Seol later. But is it possible for me to rate her as best girl anymore? Nope.

Nothing's incomprehensible with how she got angry but even so, she just scored a minus on my evaluation with her, that's just how it is. Realistic doesn't equal right after all. *Shrug*

In my opinion, this is the result of looking at things objectively just like you ask of me. If I'm being subjective I won't complain with Yuhui's actions. I do pity her but I also sympathize with Seol knowing his unreasonable circumstances. So with Yuhui feels like she's the only victim, I can't accept it. Seol is the culprit but at the same time, he's also a victim since he can't do anything about it and no different than being forced to cheat.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d say that’s the incorrect way of looking at things. It’s not that he’s being forced to cheat; it’s not like just anybody could get into the same situation. The reason why this keeps happening is because he’s Seol Jihu; he’d always make the same kinds of mistakes that would lead to this situation no matter what. It’s like how he’d always fight against the PQ; the reason why this fate is so strong is because he fundamentally is unable to choose any options that could avert it. It’s not in his character to do so. It’s as natural a result as a wild carnivore hunting down its prey to eat, or a person falling asleep when they’re tired.

A person could make all sorts of choices to change the direction they’re heading in in life, but not anything they wouldn’t ever choose. That’s been the entirety of SCOG’s plot; small and big decisions that pile up over one another; defying the fate of Paradise’s loss to the PQ couldn’t ever be achieved all at once, but through an accumulation of natural changes to divert fate off its original course. If there was ever a fate where Seol could avert this, he’s already gone past the point of no return (unless he gets help from the Zero Code again just for this).

To reiterate, nothing is forcing Seol into this fate. It’s fated because he and Phi Sora can no longer make decisions that would go against this result.

8. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll just leave this here

[Haha! That’s probably one of the most normal methods you could have thought of. But do you really think I wouldn’t have tried the same thing?]

Of course, Black Seol Jihu laughed at him, saying it was a futile effort.

[Three times. I had that surgery three times, yet I still got girls pregnant.]

[The doctor said I should just accept my fate, saying that these children were gifts of heaven.]

[I went mad once and tried to cut it off, but Yuhui practically risked her life to stop me. She said she couldn’t allow that no matter what.]

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and? You know how easy it’d be to prevent that? By not having sex in the first place. Which, of course, leads back to what I said.

Them getting pregnant even after a vasectomy (which actually isn’t a 100% thing either) is the same thing as the goddess removing the hangover medicine from the market. It didn’t cause Seol to sleep with anyone. It just removed external help that could save him from his own decisions.

10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he is clearly toyed by heaven-rank 10 gods to get the harem ending. Regardless of the hardships gain in the process in that 10 or 20 years ending in the future. They don't care about Seol's or Yuhui's personal feelings about this. Zero Code won't help, because Zero Code favors Martial God's side or say, his family, and his family want Seol Jihu to have a child with Phi Sora. I don't know about the other women in Seol's harem though, since Sohu was subtly shown to be the destined Artisan of Infinity's successor.

Yeah, fate is fucking with him. Blame Seol Jihu all you want, fate will not allow Seol Jihu a monogamous relationship. Dude is practically cajoled blindly into these situations. It's like Final Destination the movie, but Seol Jihu is bound to unlock H scenes with the "heroines". Its all hard coded like a visual novel.

11. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    Seol should have gone full in with every possible candidate.

12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Explain the ways he was forced into these situations, while keeping in mind that he’s berated himself for not figuring out the obvious entrapment. Like I said, removing the hangover cure and the vasectomies not working didn’t force anything, they just removed the chance he could avoid the consequences of his actions.

13. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    Except she wasn't?

Uhh...she already accepted it.

Again she isn't.

Take a step back and breathe. You seem to be speaking with your bias in full exposure. I guess you had something similar and you think you are not at fault.

Just because she appeared upset does not mean she is blaming Seol. No, actually very far from it. She'd be extremely stupid for blaming Seol for this. BUT, that doesn't mean that she'll just be like "Okay go f*ck them however you want."

This IS pregnancy we are talking about. PREGNANCY. Birthing another life AND raising them.

How Yuhui delivered the situation is pretty much amazing – not only she made Seol realize that he should NOT be giving up any of them just because of another, but she also made him realize that Earth is a one-partner culture so there's going to be hurting and I hate you's thrown but that is NORMAL. Well...I don't think Teresa will have any issues with it tho. Oh dang I forgot that she's...NEXT.

I say we can somewhat blame this novel being written for Korean audience, a quite conservative society where family is quite important and adultery is frowned upon. He has to make it like "I want a harem but I don't want to imply that it's absolutely okay." But in my personal opinion Sevens still delivered the message better lol

To add, no one should feel upset and complain that the characters were like real people. Jeez, that's how the author wrote Seol and you were on it for the entire story. But not the side characters?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  14. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway if you guys all hate this sidestory then I can only say one thing...

BLAME THE AUTHOR!! Lol
    At least the author has balls to show how bad harem is and apply realistic standard not like how JP harem girls are just okay with it which is bullsh*t. But still all the you can escape fate is stupid since technically Jihu changed the future.

The readers once ask the author if this novel will have harem since they worried it will end up having horrible harem like in first novel where MC just married every strong female character.

Author said he don't like pointless harem.
    So... he cut it by half so now Jihu has probably 8 which still is too much. Like what the hell author.

Overall all the sidestories for me right now
    which suppose to be fun are just downright stressful.

This is why I don't like harem much beside some women being unrealistic and plain wish fulfillment.

I'm always curious how women in harem in real life feels. You don't see them posting about their lives cause most of them don't have much freedom probably? But I know women are pretty vain and jealous being so I don't want to think about all the drama.

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of out of topic here, but I find it ironic their society frowns upon adultery yet NTR is thriving well in said society. I don't know about the novels, though, but their comics sure have a lot of NTR stories with drama overloaded.
    You just explained the answer right there. There's always kill the future wives option, but it would take a very dark turn in the timeline if that happened. Now I think about it, is SCOG's timeline just one path or is the branching timelines in one universe? I always wondered how Zero Code undo or was it rewind the hell Martial God went through? Someone tell me if MEMORIZE and SCOG duology is a universe or a multiverse setting.
    Author-nim was the last and hidden boss all along. The highest-heaven ranked god outside the universe.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  16. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Author had last evil laugh he made poor Jihu a miserable man who can't escape fate cause Author like his harem lol.

17. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    It is like this everywhere.

For example asian societies are relatively prude, yet very "free" - in a sense - in comics, games etc. On the west sexualized characters are frown upon in games, stories, cartoon media, but is ok in reality.

It balances itself out. The more prude society, the more deviations are in the closet. And vice versa.

Shield Loyalist and Lonelycity like this.
  18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically Westerners and Asians have their social stigmas and values inversed? Hmm, seems legit.
    Fuck those companies censoring eroge though!
    Imagine writing SCOG just to spite the haters of MEMORIZE.:blobthinkingsmirk:

Shield Loyalist and Lonelycity like this.
  19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hugo getting that character development after the story, wew. Carpe Diem was a famous group of elites, after all, so it makes sense for Hugo to actually have been quite considerably skilled, but this is such a grim portrayal of him.

20. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeez, author-nim.
    "
    Wow! He’s real! He’s the Ian Denzel!”

“Huhu. I told you I am.”

Ianrubbed his nose. He was making a name for himself on Earth. His book, published after rigorous editing, had become a global bestseller. It had recently been adapted into a comic book, expanding his fan base to include not only adults but also children and teenagers.

Suddenly the children straightened their faces, and….

“Korea is a small country, yet most of the strong characters in your novel are Koreans. I think that’s too unrealistic. I’m okay with the main character being the strongest, but… the rest, you could’ve done better.”

“He’s right. Some things are better than your last work, but the overall improvement is not sufficient. And I’d also like to point out certain characters’ lack of appearance. Chohong, Flone, and Teresa. I haven’t seen much of them after a certain point.”

“Certain episodes are too improbable and very contrived.”

“And the narrative… it’s too inconsistent. Some parts are too detailed, and other parts lack details.”

Starting with an overall criticism of his work….

“And what’s with the Hawaii Arc? The main character jet skis like a pro, beats a semi-professional ping-pong player even though the only time he’s played ping-pong was in high school PE class, and he plays billiards like a top professional player?”

"The festival was even more absurd. Who knew gambling would be the solution to everything?”

This one tho...
    Oh my god straight from the comments section!
    "The side stories are worse!”

“Right? Ramen, ramen, ramen, ramen! Seriously, can you stop with the ramen?”

“Also, harem. Stop using fate as an excuse for harem! I wanna see something different!”

“Be honest with me! You wrote the entire novel just so you could get to the side stories, am I right?”

Faced with relentless criticism, Ian stroked his white beard with downcast eyes.

“No…. The ramen is real….”

“Liar! Why would the gods care about something so trivial like ramen? If it’s real, then why didn’t he just make ramen and give it to the Parasite Queen?”

Hmm...the message is better than it seems. Hugo isn't a bad guy, after all. ;)

Kin_ and Lonelycity like this.