Spoiler The Sleepless Night of the Maid / 잠 못 드는 시녀의 밤

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Jan 23, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Description:
    Eva Macy, who was once the daughter of a noble family, now lived in the house of an acquaintance as a maid.

She first met him when she was passing out to the deepest bottom of her life. A beautiful, strong, and dazzling man, her former fiancée, Prince Edward.

“Huh? Why are you crying?”

Grabbing Eva’s sore foot, Edward asked anxiously.

“…….It’s embarrassing. Hng.”

Perhaps, it was because of his sweet voice.
    She mumbled. Her appearance of being soaked in water, her socks worn with holes and the situation were all very shameful.

“What’s so embarrassing? Your feet are very pretty.”

As if nothing was as pretty as these.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed of. For whatever reason it is, you did nothing wrong. Eva.”

Edward soothed her, calling out her name.
    Only after he left did she realize.
    The man who had just dawdled for a moment has left a heavy emotion on her heart, and he was her first love.

After a tiring period, she met Edward again.
    After defeating several aristocratic spirits, she became a maid of honor in the imperial court.
    When her heart had grown and become strong.
    When she could no longer think of him.

“It is the job of the chambermaid to make sure there is no inadequacy before the Lord goes to sleep.”
    “Have I ever acted this way in front of a lady?”

His voice was harsh. She was captured and her sparkling eyes felt very threatened.

“If I knew you’d come into the Imperial palace, I wouldn’t have let you go that day.”

Edward, who lowered his face, warned in a low voice.

“So, this time, I’m thinking of fulfilling my wish.”

——————————

Waiting for spoilers~:cookie:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems interesting, the cover is also very pretty.

Extr likes this.
  4. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please! :blob_plusone: I was skimming through ridi comments and saw one that said they started reading this because they wanted to see a ML and his strong obsession; but they didn't realize it would take them them until 112 chapters :notlikeblob: And the story ends at 156 chapters. So very slow-paced :blobdizzy:

5. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, your ML (Edward) turns incredibly obsessive for Eva (FL) by 80+ chapters.

I recommend supporting and purchasing the novel for this author if you want to read this story. It's not bad.

The only disappointing thing is it does end abruptly. Must say, the beginning is really interesting...get's drawn out slightly in the middle ...and when the FL and ML meet at the imperial castle by 80+ chapters, the pace picks up really fast to the point I actually wanted a few more chapters and extras at the end.

This author really cracked me up as she actually comments in one of the chapters, in order to pass censorship and keep this novel r15 vs r19+, she got REALLY creative in the sex scenes. Let's just say, it's pretty HOT for an r15 novel...:blobnosebleed:...I'd say some of the scenes rival that of r19+.

If you don't like dark, obsessive MLs, then this is not your book.

Can't go too much into details but can give you some below.
    • The first 30 chapters have been translated so you can find him googling around.
    -- Background on the royal family --
    • The current Emperor is ill
    • Edward is the current Crown Prince, his mother is the 1st Empress. She died. Emperor remarried.
    • Second Prince is James, and mother is current Empress.
    • The Empress has the power and runs the empire with the current Emperor seriously ill. She wants Edward out of the way and since he cannot be crowned Emperor yet so she sends him off to fight hoping he is killed in battle as she need her son on the throne.
    • Edward has to build power and reputation to get enough votes of the high council (full of nobles) to recognize his claim the the throne.
    • Edward will win many bloody battles and gain the reputation as the empire's hero later on.
    -- Baron's house arc --
    • Cecil is pretty much Eva's mother, friend, and maid. She will help Eva through out the novel and try her best to protect her.
    • Cecil works for the Baron in order to protect and help Eva.
    • Edward (aka Sir Ruth) and Eva will meet here as they will recognize each later and meet on the her father's old property.
    • At this time, Edward is not obsessed at this point with his ex-fiance but is attracted to her kindness and gentleness. His attraction turns to protectionism as he helps her fend off the Baron's older son, Todd who becomes obsessively attracted to Eva.
    • Edward feels bad for Eva's circumstances and wants to help her.
    • Edward has to leave a bit and tells Eva that if she needs him, to send word, he will try all he can to help. Right now he does not have much power with the Empress current on the throne.
    • While Edward is away, Todd hurts Cecil and starts to attack Eva.
    • Eva get's the upper hand and is able to knock him out. Eva thinks he's dead (he's not) and flees with Cecil from the Baron's house as a fugitives.
    -- As fugitives --
    • Eva hides with merchant caravan and meets with a merchant named Rex, the illegitimate son to the Duke of Kensington
    • Rex is extremely wealthy.
    • Edward is trying to find Eva after she flees to help her. He discovers what happens and basically works to ruin the Baron's family later
    -- Duke of Kensington's Maid Arc --
    • With Cecil sick Eva needs a temporary job.
    • She ends up getting a job as a maid at the Duke's house.
    • Olivia, the Duke's daughter, has her sights on Prince Edward and uses Count Holland, Edward's aide to try to manipulate things her way. Readers will be quite annoyed with Count Holland and I didn't think the author punishes Count Holland enough for helping Olivia. His apologies later were just not enough for me.
    • Edward ends up visiting Duke of Kensington and finally discovers Eva. He had been desperate to find her and being there there his attraction grows to love and obsession.
    • He's been thinking about her for a bit as he and Count Holland were searching for her.
    • Edward comments to Holland how beautiful she is to him lately.
    • There Edward helps Eva when one of the other ladies at the Duke's party to greet Prince Edward is abusive to her. Basically the lady purposes drops a glass cup and wants Eva to clean it up as she wants to see Eva cut her hands. Edward tells the lady she needs to pick it up and as she does, I recall a furious Edward, steps on the lady's hand and forces broken glass to be embedded into her hand. Yeah..I think your ML is a bit dark in this novel too.
    • While there, both Edward and Eva share passionate kisses. Attraction turns to love.
    • Edward must leave for the battlefield and tells Eva when he returns they will talk (as he wants to make her his fiance again)
    • Olivia, both Edward and Holland's childhood friend, discovers Eva is the ex-fiance and plots with the empress to be Edward's fiance.
    -- Back at the capital and Imperial arc -
    • Eva decides to be a royal maid to the Empress
    • She finds temporary housing with a gentleman named Hayden. We find out later he's the leader of a tough band of mercenaries, etc. He's a strong swordsman that rivals that of Prince Edward.
    • While Edward is on the battlefront, Count Holland helps Olivia by letter of consent for Olivia to be the Crown Prince's fiance to the Empress and it's announce to the world. Edward never gave consent as he was seriously injured in battle and is recovering.
    • A bit on Count Holland - Olivia is his child friend and also thought he was helping Edward. So he makes two mistakes and Edward will literally beats him up after Holland confesses to Edward these mistakes.
    • Devastated and feeling betrayed by Edward's new fiance announcement, Eva sends a letter to Edward they are over and not to meet again.
    • Sadly as Cecil passes away finally succumbing to illness. Edward actually hearing of Cecil's death --- rides days and nights like a madman to see Eva at Hayden's home.
    • In a fever and mourning of Cecil's death, Eva doesn't realize it's Edward that's holding her sick body and asking her to live and survive.
    • Exhausted Edward returns to the battlefront and re-enters the war campaign.
    • Out on the battlefield, Edward has been thinking about Eva quite a bit. He has a desire to live and return to her.
    • While there, her letter arrives and he's really furious at the content. He burns it and get's ready after healing a little bit for the final battle.
    -- Sleepless Maid nights --
    • The author's title REALLY comes into play when Edward, the war hero, returns.
    • Eva thinks they're over.
    • Edward is NOPE.
    • He greets the Empress, Olivia at the palace, and also greets Eva as well.
    • Later Eva is in her room and Edward sneaks in. Olivia is outside and knocks on her door.
    • Eva frantic tells Edward to leave instead Edward ends up pressing her against the door and makes love to her mouth telling her they are not done while Olivia outside the door is wondering what is going one.
    • As Edward meets with the Empress and Olivia, he tells the Empress that he wants to cancel the betrothal between Olivia and him because he never consent and uses information to force the Empresses hand that makes Eva his "personal" maid.
    • Olivia, crush, will run later to Prince James as Edward has rejected her. She will try her best to prevent even Eva from having Edward as well. Her family will fall later.
    • Like the Empress has personal maids, Eva is HIS personal maid.
    • So from there, Edward starts to..ahem...teach Eva about how he feels about her..starting with showing Eva how to touch him and how he can touch and give her pleasure.
    • He won't let her go and pretty much ensures she is by him all day and er...as many nights as possible.
    • So yeah...Eva doesn't sleep as much as Edward wants more nights so he can continue to teach..er...body lessons.
    • Nope they don't go all the way yet in the imperial palace...but dang these scenes...:blobowoevil_horns:...even the Korean readers were like ...WOW
    • They will go all the way later, after Eva realizes she still loves him, at I believe one of his personal villas, and wants to be with him...pretty hot scene there too.
    -- Story ends --
    • The emperor dies. Now is the battle for Edward to take the throne
    • Edward, Rex, and Hayden are the men who will be around to help, save, and protect Eva.
    • Yes both Rex and Hayden like Eva very much.
    • Eva sees Hayden as her big brother, Rex as her friend.
    • Eva is put on trial as the Baron's family accuses Eva of being promiscuous/attempted murder with their son Todd and not qualified to be the Prince's fiance.
    • That get's cleared up and also this helps Edward reveal that the James is not really the Emperor's son and therefore no right to the throne.
    • Also Edward plots with Rex who is holding his father's debts (Duke Kensington - Olivia's father) and several other powerful nobles who sides with the Empress to be destroyed.
    • Edward ruins Olivia's family and the other nobles who will not vote to put him on the throne.
    • The empress desperate contacts Prince's Jame's father for help.
    • We discover that father is a cardinal in line to be given for position of Pope and needed Prince James in power to who gets the position and power in empire.
    • Also finally revealed is Eva's father, the Emperor, and several others were all betrayed, poison and murdered for trying to discover the Empress's secret.
    • At the end, Edward becomes the Emperor with Eva as Empress.
    • Empress, her son, the cardinal are all taken down.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  6. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened to Edward's traitorous friend? Is it just a beating? It was too light considering what he was doing.

twilight_123 and evanesco99211 like this.
  7. linzyyy

linzyyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Uwaaaaa thankyouu thankyouuu soo mucch…you are hero
    Hi can you share me how to read in ridi about this? I am just curious how the mm hot scene will be shown tho

8. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • This novel is R15 so you do not have to be certified to read it. If you have a credit card you can just purchase the chapters on ridibooks and read them. Google around and there are several directions how to mtl the chapters.

• Beating and got excluded from one of the major plans. Count Holland's father was also murdered by the Empress and he wants revenge but Edward leaves him out of it for punishment which is very big as Count was considered one of his close confidant.
    • After he apologies - nothing later I recall happens to him.

9. BananaShake

BananaShake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You really summarized the whole story methodically. Love it

10. Ciddos

Ciddos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when does Eva learn that Todd is not dead? I wonder

I bought it from Ridi and it goes even slower when you read on chrome :p

11. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 51.

evanesco99211 likes this.
  12. Ciddos

Ciddos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :)

I read the novel on Ridi. The age restriction is for 15 year olds and that doesn't prevent from being able to buy without certification. And it can be read through Google chrome so it's translated into English and it was good and quite understandable. The novel is quite bold for 15 year olds actually ;)
    I loved the novel. ML is obsessive yes but also kind and loving. I liked FL a lot, she is smart, hardworking and kind. The story and the twists are nice. It was also a thriller in the second half. You should read it.
    Also from all aspects it has a happy ending:love:
    I will search other novels of Sera Hong

13. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?

14. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your Summary was so good!!UwU thankyou!!!

limueee likes this.
  15. imusick88

imusick88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! What chapter did they finally (first) kissed? Because I suppose that signaled the start of their relationship?

twilight_123 and limueee like this.
  16. Everbrie

Everbrie Member

Reading List:
    Link

Did you figure out how to purchase the complete novel. I have been researching online but I have not had any luck. I went on redibooks and it’s in Korean? I am so confused.

17. linzyyy

linzyyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you have to get an account from ridi. I use credit card to purchase it. And then, try to open ridi in chrome, it will be automatically translated.

18. Wapdyne

Reading List:
    Link
    E6A33873-27A4-4F05-9563-77217F7CEA51.jpeg It’s finally coming out :cry:

19. Wapdyne

Reading List:
    Link
    CA20A21D-6BF2-43F6-9702-A43F4D70814E.jpeg My day is ruined

I’m so disappointed… why did it have to get manhua art :cry: this is one of my favorite novels and I was waiting so long for the manhwa just for this to happen lol (I’ll just see the first chapter and pretend the manhwa never existed).

edit: ok, so it released and the art isn’t really bad, but I still don’t like it and expected better (the characters don’t look like what I imagined them to look like if that makes any sense). I’m still not planning on reading it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  20. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm writing Edward in the password,but it doesn't work...