Spoiler The splendid life of mother devouring Princess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aquaa, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Splendid Daily Life of the Mother Devouring Princess

[​IMG]

Raw Link:https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8149eh/

Nu link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-splendid-daily-life-of-the-mother-devouring-princess/

Description:The prince believed every one of that woman's lies and broke off his engagement with me. Even when I cried and begged for them to stop, that woman's hired thugs came after me. As she saw all these tragedies happening to me that woman, my sister, sweetly smiled...

A year later, I was reborn as her daughter.

Keeping both the memory and burning vendetta from my previous life, I had been given a second chance. I cast aside the weak person I was before in order to prepare for my counterattack. That was the only way I could crush all of my enemies.

...Now, it's time to begin. I shall have my revenge on that woman.

Looks interesting spoilers please\o/

Also does this have romance since I didn't find any romance tags

2. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you like to know?

Also, no. In the current raws, there doesn't seem to be any love interest (story is still ongoing). Although, the only person who seems like they'd have the highest chance to potentially be with her is the person who's helping her with her revenge, her 'servant' Jin(?) (the boy with the black hair in one of the illustrations).

Originally, there were two other people I thought might of taken interest in her, (one being a prince from another country while the other is her cousin), but the prince actually likes someone else while she doesn't really want to be with her cousin because although their objective is the same, their goals are different (he wants to clean up corruption while she merely wants revenge against those who wronged her and her beloved younger sister).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all big thanks to @Haylias to pickup this novel. After seeing it couldn't help help myself to MTL raws. And that was awesome!
    Of course, couldn't understand all from raws by MTL, but from look of it Jin(?) judging from intermissions, is only main romance interest in there. He is the only one who asks MC what she will do after revenge, took her to care some child. It looks like author just glued them together.
    What is very likeable in novel that MC doesn't even need to fully take revenge by herself. She simply take principle of: "don't make trap for others, just use those they made for you".
    Right now in raws she took revenge to 6 people (5 in her old mansion). It was pity she doesn't do anything to her previous father, though.

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuri?

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None

totorototoro likes this.
  6. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha ha ha, no.

a_b and Ubik like this.
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again thanks for translating, novel has similar vibe as classic revenge story "The Count of Monte Cristo" as how revenge was made.

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But wasnt one of the main themes of the count of Monte Cristo the affect his revenge had on innocents too. It seems more anti revenge at the end to me.

It would be interesting to see if this does have similar themes. If innocent people start to die because of her desire for revenge. And if she decides to fully embrace that or stop it all together

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the name and the picture is misleading

girrlit, a_b, Yukari_me and 1 other person like this.
  10. Haylias

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Mother embraces daughter, daughter holds a knife to her mother's throat. Pretty on point.

11. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't notice the knife

Yukari_me likes this.
  12. kawaiiloverq

kawaiiloverq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So any description on how reborn sister does her revenge? Who are the five~six people she gets vengeance on?

What about the beloved sister mentioned by vsukio? Is this sister the previous life sister (so there were three sister?) or the sister in the rebirth?

Since MC was reborn from sister does that mean sister is now princess or queen?

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my. I didn’t look clearly so I just thought they were embracing

Yukari_me likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC reincarnate after both she and her sister was murdered by their step sister. And become daughter of step sister who become queen.
    She doesn't kill everybody for revenge. She tries to made same revenge or same type that was made to her.
    In first part (Mansion):
    1 - Man who raped MC before she was killed.
    2 - Headmaid, who made leave only one maid who was good to MC and made additional problems for MC
    3 - "Friend" of sister who bullied or was leader of bullies at school.
    4 - Doctor who made experiments on her sister instead of healing
    5 - Stepmother, who was jealous of her husband mistress and her children, and made their live living hell

Castle part
    6 - Man who throw her sister in lake where she drowned.

Two of them are clearly alive after that.

15. Haylias

Reading List:
    Link
    In case anyone is interested in the methods, I'll spoil the first.

She smashes him with a hammer whilst he's still alive, taking extra care to crush a certain *part* that specifically caused her so much pain with extra brutality. It's not just implied either, the whole thing is pretty graphic.

16. princessnight

princessnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone ever find out Mc's real identity? Does the sister's crime ever come into light as of current chapter?

17. Renn Kazma

Renn Kazma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler pls on her revenge...

And what kind of revenge did she do to the king and queen revenge.

What was the king and queen reactions when all of the things were revealed about what happen in the past and if it gets revelead the real identity of their daughter.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't that was only first part of her revenge on him and she left him alive in the end (if that could call be alive)? Still he was counted as missing later.

Her identity or need for revenge is known only by her helper. How fully he knows it's not opened.
    Novel is ongoing state and right now there is only 6 targets, they were described earlier in this thread. And by judging of description of first revenge it could be misunderstood that she is psychopathic murderer who kills or destroys everything. There are revenges which were gory and vivid. But others not. And her targets are not good people, not even close to be good people. Author makes good job to feel that revenge and how it was done was justified. Some targets are chained in together. For example for 3d target she invites helper who was fiancée of girl whom 3rd broke. That girl will help later with 6th target additionally.
    King and queen are not targets yet. But King at least is already target of her psychological warfare.
    Need to spoil more in depth how it was been made? It will be not fun to read later.

19. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls spoil in depth how the psychological warfare happens

20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I used too strong term for that. He right now simply receives one small letter. Every once in a while. Same letter, with same handwriting and same wording as was in letter from times when he and Mary was engaged and Mary was alive. First was counted as joke, second as strange. And so on. Right now it's all that happened to him. In contrast to MC former step-mother and current grandmother. She was already not a stable person in psychological plan but some developments took a toll on her.
    Stepmother was always jealous of her husband mistress (but she allows it herself) and her children. Especially MC because she was born before her own daughter. She wanted to be first and her superiority complex blow out of proportions. In pretext of education she bullies them when learning etiquette. When they had not made her tasks she lock them in basement (MC sister developed illness after that). Judging from her actions, maids changed their opinion and so on. After rebirth with some small actions as spilling coffee in same spot on favorite carpet (as was when they were children). Using sedatives and MC full lookalike to former herself. MC slowly pushed grandmother to edge. When on party when cake was presented there was a rat. Grandmother snaps and developed full paranoia and starts to think that all hate her and don't trust her except for her granddaughter. She starts seeing insects in food (fast dissolving lookalikes), shouting, had nightmares and so on. Until she finally completely snapped and starts running with knife or scissors trying to kill MC whom she took for her step-daughter (not so wrong assumption). And fall from the stairs. As punishment she was locked than at the same basement till her end at the same basement she locks sisters before.