Spoiler The Stereotypical Life of a Reincarnated Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 is out and I'm in love with her family:blob_teary:

lazynoodles, syofiaa, izznis and 2 others like this.
  2. gerickarose

gerickarose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :'( this is so cute and wholesome but also I wanna see the FLUFF THE FLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUF

KathyClysm likes this.
  3. YanaseRyoko

YanaseRyoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

really? that's so good but cause he said at chapter 2 [what do you do with my partner?] to the other girl.. make me think they were something else. I also saw the raws but I dont undertand lol
    but I hope they dont make the black hair girl the villian I already love her, shes so strong and beautiful as Valerie. :blobnosebleed:

Bella94, Mikaa, ten10324 and 2 others like this.
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe parthner as in sparring partner?

Lovina and syofiaa like this.
  5. YanaseRyoko

Reading List:
    Link

I don't think so:blobjoy: because they were at the kingdom ball or something

syofiaa likes this.
  6. gerickarose

gerickarose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s because he invited her so that’s what he meant not like romantically linked because he even got info on his marriage partner our MC which we know he wants to WOO

7. YanaseRyoko

Reading List:
    Link

that also may be the case but I have the habit to always read between the lines :blobsmirk:

syofiaa likes this.
  8. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That lil bro is so cute and sweet... the siscon is strong in that one lol, I feel bad for them, she has been unwittingly making them feel anxious and distressed that someone they love very much will disappear! I want some past povs lol when they were really young with their big sis interactions :D but how amazing is her Dad! omfg... so sweet... she is so cherished and loved... damn girl! snap out of your shit!

9. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, especially since they built her up as an antagonist, that is a REALLY good bait-and-switch.

From the sounds of the spoilers the ML and the black-haired girl seem like pretty decent people, if a bit intimidating. Does the MC do anything to help that girl that confronted the black-haired girl at the party? Also is there an active antagonist thus far?

On a side note, my only criticism so far is that the art looks kinda off, the faces of the characters specifically. The lines around the eyes look weirdly faded, unfocused and kinda unexpressive. Also, the reason why a lot of artists don't draw lips is that they are insanely difficult to stylize well/make look good depending on the art style and it doesn't mesh well here.

10. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory is that there won't be much of an antagonist (at least for a while), just a whole lot of misunderstandings due to the fact that she thinks she knows how this type of story plays out. She probably won't believe them when they say that nothing's going on between them, and avoid interacting with them as much as possible to not end up a classic villainess with an annullment event and such.
    I also suspect that she does not know her daddy loves her this much, maybe because for the most part, since she has her past memories, she probably feels detached from the people around her, like it's someone else's problem - which is probably why the siblings also felt so anxious.

Bella94, Leilacus, ten10324 and 7 others like this.
  11. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read some blog said that black hair girl and ML have zero romantic relationship and ML will quickly fall in love with FL bcuz of her weird and funny behavior. I hope there'll be more screens with her sibling but we stuck with ML for now :blobpopcorn_two:

Chapter 9 manhwa: She hold ML's hand then call father :blobnosebleed:

Bella94, Lisaa, DOHere and 9 others like this.
  12. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone do a translated summary of the raw chapters? Looked at ch 4 and I saw the mc run away from ml and then fainted lol. Looks funny but I want to know the context. You don’t have to do a detailed translation of their dialogue. Just want to know what’s up on each raw chapter:LOL:

syofiaa, KathyClysm and Kings_101 like this.
  13. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue of the actual translation but it seems that she is in this dream of how things will go down if she ever meets the "FL" in her brain whether it is pure delusion or fact does not matter it is how she herself interprets or perceives the world around her... he no doubt greets her and it is all polite etc... and then perhaps is told that the FL is coming to eat with them... this prolly sets her inner dialogue into overdrive... in her brain it prolly goes something like this...

Ugh... the FL is coming here! I can hear them behind the door... I must avoid this encounter at all costs! I can't confront the FL I will die! she gets up panics and runs her ass out of the room like she did when she rushed out of her room when she realized the impact of her future engagement with the Duke fleeing wanting to escape lol...

14. Kings_101

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 translation is out and MC is proving that she's a boss:blobtriumph::blobparty:

PrincessBubblegum likes this.
  15. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah from the looks of things I'm betting that a lot of the stuff the MC's perceiving in Chapter 4 is really just in her head, an unreliable narrator it seems. For example, notice how shocked Amy is to see how luxurious the Duke made her room, something the MC doesn't seem to pick up on. She also may be perceiving the maids incorrectly: for example, she assumes Amy and her both recognize the maid being passive-aggressive, yet Amy is surprised to be asked to fetch the butler. Ironically, the MC is making herself out to be a villainess here. I'm betting that that one maid's reaction at the carriage may have been related to something else even.

A major theme of this story so far appears to be judging a book by its cover/miscommunication. The ML genuinely wants to make her comfortable with her marriage, but he's sending the wrong message, and the MC already has a preconceived notion of who the ML is that exacerbates this. This is also hammered in early on: her friend that confronted the black-haired girl isn't really a bad person in spite of that poor impression she left, and according to the spoilers the black-haired girl becomes the MC's friend in spite of being built up as an antagonist.

Also notice that during the ML's narration he thought he'd have an easy happy marriage with the MC until her father brought up the stipulation that she can annul it at any time. I'm betting the central plot of this will be the miscommunication between the two; the MC thinks she's in constant danger of being discarded by the ML, while the ML is actually at her mercy and continuously tries to make her happy so she stays with him.

Personally I'm rooting for the ML so far. Even if he does just views it as a marriage of convenience he's at least a decent enough person to grant the MC autonomy and make it as comfortable as possible. I'm thinking that he'll have to learn that he can't make the MC happy just by giving her luxuries and will have to actually approach her romantically in order to do so.

16. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, it also seems to me that a lot of this story is going to deal with miscommunication and a subversion of expectations rather than an actual antagonist - at least for the beginning of this story.
    I'm kind of really excited about this though. I am hoping for an isekai story that is aware of the tropes and stereotypes of the genre and subverts them, plays with them, gets all meta with them. In a way, us readers are a lot like MC, especially those who have read a LOT of isekai lately - we think we know how the story is supposed to play out. We figure the "heroine" is the antagonist, the duke must be cold-hearted but MC will warm his heart by not acting like the villainess she is supposed to be. But the truth is, we assume characters play those roles despite not even giving them a proper chance to even express themselves before passing judgement.
    So yeah, sorry for gushing, I have VERY high expectations for this story hahaha. Probably unrealistically high.

Tjanie, layyu, Lovina and 4 others like this.
  17. Kings_101

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so focused on MC that I didn't take that into account!

I do think that that truly was what the maid was thinking tho. But with the way MC sees things I wouldn't be surprised if you were right lol

Also, chapter five translation is out!

Jukki, syofiaa and KathyClysm like this.
  18. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's really the case then this manwha would probably be shakespearean in the irony and misunderstanding...when it comes to the consequences
    #prayingforthefunsies

syofiaa and KathyClysm like this.
  19. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So based on my understanding, it was him who proposed to FL father about the engagement right? I don’t quite get the reason he choose her though. It’s definitely not because of love, at least for now. It’s more like because she seems to be easy to handle right? Because he thought that she’s docile, will not talk too much, not argue and just passively be in her role as long as he made her comfortable? So, does this means that he sincerely going to take care of her to the best of a husband ability but not in love with her? It’s kinda bothered me though that he seems to think as long as he satisfy her material wise, all is good. So his opinion on her as of now is rather shallow. Hope to see him get to know her better. Personality wise, so far, FL is pretty interesting. I kinda like her misunderstanding of the whole triangle relationship.

Tjanie, Pearl1995, Jukki and 3 others like this.
  20. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he has a low/shallow opinion of her, but rather I think he just has no idea how love or human relationships work. Like, at all. From the way he's been acting, like straight-up sprinting after her in chapter 5, I am getting the feeling that he is used to people being practical and logical, to try his best in making things work smoothly, but not to ponder about the feelings of other people.
    And I mean, technically speaking, he is not completely wrong. Under the assumption that she does not love him and he does not love her, both giving each other space to grow independently from one another, if he were to provide her with all the material necessities, she could then go and get the emotional component somewhere else. That's pretty much how arranged marriages used to work. Hell, looking at my grandparents, it's how they've stayed together for 60 years I think. It only really gets complicated IF feelings are involved, but when they are, his attitude would most likely make her miserable and borderline drive her insane.