Japanese The Story of the Evil and Unscrupulous Underground Empire

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WhiteWolf42, Aug 31, 2017.

1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Story of the Evil and Unscrupulous Underground Empire
    Jaaku to Shite Akuratsu Naru Chika Teikoku Monogatari
    邪悪にして悪辣なる地下帝国物語
    Raw Link: https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/book/detail/1043246/1320
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/tales-of-the-wickedly-vicious-underground-empire/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: At first I was just interested because of the beautiful cover art and illustrations (waaahhhh, the illustrations in the novels are soo pretty drawn), anyway, as soon as I've started to read I was also captivated by the story. It's somehow a bit refreshing to read a story where the main protagonists are somehwat evil and twisted (and are mostly thinking of revenge (but not halfassed like in some other books), or to say turned from good to evil due to some circumstances. The dungeon or the underground labyrinth they create, the monsters they summon and how they deal with intruders is exiting to read, although it is in some parts really gory (maybe nothing for readers who are weak to something like that). Unfortunately it seems to be dropped by the translator and because of this I'm uploading this thread in hope someone will be interested in picking this up again.

Description: 5 years after the falls of Magic Empire.

The Holy Kingdom who leads the Union of several countries, While restraining the other powers, neglected to keep peace. The people of Holy Kingdom dreams of perpetual peace, with the wealth taken from Magic Kingdom, buying all slaves from minor powers, pillaging and indulging themselves with the territory they snatch. However, unknown to them, there are forces that moves behind the darkness. These people are memento of the dead Empire, the prince and princess of the long gone empire, a pair of siblings.

Harva, the princess, is a weak but lovely and energetic little girl.
    Alarc, the prince, is a handsome young man with beautiful kind smile.

“That day, is the unforgettable day for us right? brother!”
    “Yeah”

The siblings escaped that day, the day when their loved country turns into land of nightmare, the day when the white sacred walls turn into crimson walls of blood and fire, and the day when they lost everything. The siblings trained themselves, enduring pain, sadness, losing sanity, selling their soul to the devils, knowing that losing their former self, they create the foundation of what would be their last and dearest wish…

“”To grant our wish (revenge)…, —we create the, wickedly vicious Underground Empire””

….thus, start the dark tale of revenge and retribution.

PS: Since the web novel version doesn't exist anymore, I am willing to buy the raws to share them with an interested translator.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    hajiko and Kaminomi like this.
  2. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this, tho any translator who picks this up, I hope will do so from where larvyde stopped.
    The MTL'er that came later wasn't very good.

3. Xevo

Xevo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm seeing Rebirth Online World in that list, gotta redo all that stuff.

Having started work on retranslating another of their projects, I know that they butcher the story.

4. DarknessWolf

DarknessWolf The Neutral, The Chaotic, Summoner, Lone Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    ...:coffee:
    Not for weak heart I guess~

5. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the web novel version doesn't exist anymore, I will buy the raws if a translator is interested in picking this up, so I think in regards to that it will be probably completly translated from the beginning.