"The User Profile Service failed the logon"

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by FallenLife, Oct 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FallenLife

FallenLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone help me figure out what this means "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"?. I had this error today after a successful shut down. When I turned on my desktop and tried to log on that error message showed up. I haven't done any changes to the PC in the last couple weeks(besides removing and installing a new stick of ram) and this just suddenly decided to show up today.

I fixed it for now by doing a system restore. Also just finished a malware bytes scan along with hard drive S.M.A.R.T. check with both showing nothing wrong. I would like to know what could've caused this so i'm more prepared next time as this is the first time this has happened and gave me quite a scare. As I know I haven't installed or downloaded anything within the last couple weeks(besides removing and installing a new stick of ram).

My system restore only went back 2 days(closes restore point) and even after the restore it said nothing has changed.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Only reasons I can think of:
    1) User profile got deleted somehow (Should have checked it on another computer before doing the restore)
    2) User profile or some file in the user folder got corrupted
    3) User profile was locked by a software doing something
    4) Hard drive errored out when windows was attempting to read the user profile

3. FallenLife

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have 1 profile on this computer, and some of the answer I tried searching online was to shut down for around 5 seconds, then restart which in some case fixes the problem, for me how ever that failed so I tried system restore as one of the other recommended ways was to do something to the registry, and I didn't want to mess with that till needed.

4. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    probably a corruption of system files in the user profile folder.

if the system restore fixed it, then you shouldn't have the problem soon, but if you want more security you could just create a new user profile an migrate your files from the old to the new.

roriconknight likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok that eliminates 3 and 4. 1 and 2 is still a possibility lol

6. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    buy new computer

7. FallenLife

Reading List:
    Link
    That is in my plan but the prices of parts keep pushing it away.