Spoiler The Villain Daughter Enjoys Her Seventh Life as a Free-Spirited Bride (Hostage) in a Former Enemy Co

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Crystalscries

Crystalscries Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In recent chapters....

Ml said that she could stay in a guest room in the royal palace because the place he arranged for her to stay is having some problems and she can't stay there for now (she mentioned in the earlier chapters that she didn't want to stay with her in-laws so she would rather stay separately) so mc suggested that she could stay at his ml's palace and also implied that he doesn't need to come to his palace often since he'll be busy with his duties and all but ml replied he hasn't stayed at his palace for a while now so it's dirty sooo mc said that it doesn't matter.......

fast forward to the palace
    Mc cleans the whole palace and the knight beside her said he could help but mc says that how can she let a knight who is here to protect her do this.... she also doesn't want to be a guest at the royal palace since maids have to run around a lot for that she doesn't want to trouble those poor souls......

she meets Oliver Ml's squire when he visits the palace and since he is subtly observing her she says that he can observe her openly since it's his job she also asks what are ml's motives behind marrying her.... Oliver replies that ml didn't plan on marrying anyone but he changed his mind after meeting her plus he smiles and laughs a lot when he is with her to which mc replies that he treats her more like a toy Oliver laughs and says that it's good that she understands ml...... a bit then Oliver gives her guest list for their wedding which will be hels 3 months later, which includes the kings she met in her past lives then Oliver mentions the evening party which will be held the day after mc is confused since it wasn't mentioned to her before Oliver is all like I wanna curse the prince then he tells her that actually this party is a pretense set up by the king to show that he will choose a crown princess from the kingdom but ohhhhhhhhh crown prince fell in love with the hostage (mc is a hostage) since nobles will be like we don't wanna give this ohhh so delicious top quality son-in-law to an outsider (hostage).... that's why ml didn't want to take her there because the nobles will try to humiliate her......

Mc reassures Oliver that she will go

later while washing clothes mc hears an argument between handmaidens arguing about who will be chosen and humiliating a certain maid who is a bit slow..... she saves that handmaiden rest the handmaidens are like another competition.... Diane the handmaiden points at her hands and says your hands are so soft you don't work often (meaning you aren't expirienced I will be the chosen one) then she leaves

Ml visits mc he mentions that this party is nonsense that his father arranged and explains his reason behind this party (which I mentioned above) mc replies that she maybe a hostage crown princess but she doesn't see a disgrace in that........ Ml's eyes widen....

They leave for the party......

To be conti.....

At the party.....

The noblemen greet ml and offering their daughters left and right (with a please tell my daughter about your journey) Ml dismisses them and starts I am so in love with the hostage play then he says she is his bride.... and mc showed off her flawless to be queen training and nobles who wanted to humiliate her couldn't find any flaws and ml shows to everyone that he will protect mc no matter what through a few sentences mc says that this will provoke ladies' jealousy he replies that it is necessary to show his protectiveness or they might target her mc replies that he is the most dangerous one to her and Ml asks how to which mc replies that she can't compete with him in swordplay he replies maybe they could spar so mc asks him to arrange training session and introduce her to a master too Annndd they dance....

They start playing pranks on each other during the dance... after the dance everyone was like oh!!! the dance was so beautiful and sing praises buuuut what dance was that a traditional country B's dance or Mc's country's dance....

They take a break from all the greetings and mc goes to the venue and a woman comes to greet her name is Cornelia Thea Tuna (seriously Tuna) she is duke's daughter and she is here to humiliate of course (nothing new right) she offers her a glass of wine to drop it on her 'by accident' mc knows these things too well cuz she was trash prince's fiance and when she hands her the glass of wine Cornelia's hand 'slips and our mc she shows her 'I am the knight' skill and catches the glass skillfully and swirls the wine in her glass Cornelia is surprised and with a whiff, she concludes that there's a whole pack of pepper in there Mc compliments the wine saying she has never had it and that she will recommend it to ml Cornelia replies(obviously scared) it's a big venue so she forgot and then mc replies that it's a pity she will give this wine to the ml and that she will let him know that lady of Tuna (tuna again) has treated her well Cornelia (obviously very scared) panicks and asks her to give the glass back mc refuses and sips the wine while Cornelia looks on horrified and mc invites her to tea party saying she is very intrested in the Tuna family fiefdom Cornelia obviously very confused agrees..... mc then says in her mind Cornelia was here to pick(sell) a fight she would buy it but merchants don't buy and sell without making profit..............mc's future plans will need a land in warm climate and Tuna fiefdom happens to fit the criteria.......... Ha ha ha yes mc squeeze this bitch dry (even she reforms herself later she still acted like a bitch at present so the least she could do is profit mc a bit) ml realizes what happened and wants to throw the wine but mc says it's a courtesy to drink the wine Ml says he will have their heads cut off Mc replies that's stupid it's better to use them wisely and apologizes for borrowing his name as a shield ml says there's nothing wrong with that and takes the wine from her hand drinking it in one gulp mc asks is he ok and ml replies has he done justice to her wine rationale meaning he is letting her do things her way (use Cornelia) mc says thank you and ml laughs it off ml asks her who was she thinking about during her dance mc says she was worried about his body and as they talk ml reveals an old scar on his body to her she concludes in her mind he was stabbed over and over on his neck with intention to kill him... mc asks him how did this happen ml only shows her a daek grin indicationg not to go any further.....

mc remembers he has a brother too and tells ml that she would like to choose her handmaidens....

we see a lil boy(ml's bro) at the end of the party looking at mc and it's revealed that he is a bro-con

TO BE CONTI........

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  2. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahaha I love it, she's really politically clever but also so simple sometimes. And/or she feels so confident in her politicking that the swordsplay really is the biggest danger

3. Jennifere12511

Jennifere12511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    paobear, mayuukii, mariaraara and 5 others like this.
  4. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Novel translations got an update today. I honestly forgot Arnold's hair color. I've always imagined it as the dark blue long hair. As for Theo with his semi sophisticated name-ish, despite being siblings, I actually imagined Theo as short blonde. Tully is much younger than I imagined (I actually thought it was the desert king or something despite having no notable actions currently but Tully being a peddler/merchant being tanned makes sense)

Edit: Random add-on but Rishe is 15, right? I apologize if I offend anyone but the rack is impressive. Still... both her and Theo certainly look their age. Arnold looks younger than what I imagined but him looking so serious (I know the guy has a lotta secrets and at least softens up around Rishe) weirds me out since Rishe's POV other than that one argument they had with Theo at least eithet portrays him as worried or positive around Rishe.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Bella94, lan2001h, Mellogang and 19 others like this.
  5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite thankful the series is updating daily. Seems like each book will focus on Rishe and her job/acquaintance per life. Vol.1 with Tully and being a merchant, now at Vol.02 Rishe is implied to cure Prince Kyle again in this timeline. I wonder if we'll get to find out what Rishe's 2 other jobs are?
    A potential (already failing) love rival, but Fritz is adorable.
    Also... the engagement ring buy chapter was adorable but disappointed Arnold didn't involve himself more in this case

6. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA. The little brother has a severe, "please look at me senpai" syndrome.
    Lets look at the evidence shall we?
    - kidnapping his sister in law; his inner monologue just drips with jealousy here
    - blackmailing his brother to come alone and then do nothing but try to talk to him for while. Then try to have him hand over the position as crown Prince to him while his inner monologue is "squeeeeee he's looking at me!:blobnosebleed:"
    - get's tsundere when the MC outs his plans to be the bad guy so he could elevate his brother's reputation
    - then gets depressed thinking he's useless to his older bother to the point he tries to commit suicide:blobsob:
    - when his brother scolds him and tells him putting his life on the line "again" is a no go. the little brother's heart melted:blobmelt: because his brother remembered saving his life that last time during the war
    - he starts bawling like baby while the ML/older brother is all - the hell?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  7. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
  9. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got curious about the male lead and read through the WN.

ML's motives and reasons are an ongoing mystery so far as I read. Other than some clues and hints dropped (mainly to a dark and tortured past, and hatred of his royal lineage), he's still an enigma due to his secret-keeping and refusal to open up to anyone including MC.

10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently catching up with most of the novels I'm following but I forgot if these two ever kissed yet?

Mikaa and syofiaa like this.
  11. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To my knowledge MC and ML have not kissed yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if author were to make it happen about the same period they fully reveal ML's past and circumstances.

12. Farahlolita

Farahlolita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No they kissed probably in chapter 31 or 32 , she told him that she had 6 dreams ( she just melted some lies with the truth since she didn't want him to know about her multiple lifetimes ) , she said that in this lifetime her profession would be his wife since she knew that this fate wouldn't be possible even if she lived other lifetimes, also she wanted to know his motifs for his future actions ( tyranny) and stop him if possible because she knew it's not the fate he wanted. Ml called her idiot and said that she doesn't have to prepare for being his wife, but a sad look flushed in his cold eyes , the same one as when he killed her in the sixth life , then something soft touched her lips but she didn't even have time to react , I guess this is when they start opening up to each other
    There is so much fluff , and it's so satisfying especially when one of the characters is supposedly cold and ruthless but he starts warming up and acting as a cute puppy to the mc ♡(> ਊ <)♡

13. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author says LN Vol 2 is scheduled for a Feb 2020 release.

Checked out the chapters, you're right. I must have forgotten the kissing part.

But even if ML has opened up to MC, it's still only a partial opening-up. ML still has yet to communicate with MC about his personal history or future plans, which only amount to a few hints;
    like how he hates his royal lineage and his father the king (to the extent his younger self wanted to gouge out his inherited eyes), but nothing much of note otherwise. And there's still no clue on why ML would declare war on everyone back in the previous timelines, and everyone else is either sworn to secrecy or they only know so little as well.

Hopefully future arcs will address this ongoing mystery that is ML.

14. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author has already released the 1st 3 chapters of Arc 3.
    Riche's investigation of Arnold's past has advanced a little thanks to info from Theodore:

- Arnold and Theodore confirmed to be half-siblings.
    - Theodore has never seen the king of Garkhain interact with Arnold publicly. All their conversations are done in private audiences, and no one else is permitted to join in.
    - Arnold's late mother was a foreign princess wedded to the king as part of a political hostage deal, the same deal the king is imposing on Arnold's selection of a partner in order to gain a foothold into other nation's politics.
    - It's an open secret that Arnold's mother tried to kill him. All Theodore knows is that she despised Arnold.

It also turns out that Arnold also waged war on their world's mainstream Goddess religion, destroying their churches and killing their priests.
    Riche can't help but feel Arnold has hidden negative sentiments against them, and wants to find out his reasons to prevent this future massacre. As of now they are both travelling to the neighbouring Holy City, ostensibly to finalize Riche's divorce from her ex-fiancee so she can marry Arnold.
    The true reason however, is so Riche can investigate the possible reasons on why Arnold would hate the Goddess church and gauge his reactions against any potential policies they have so she can find a way to change them.

15. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it shouldn't come as a surprise even ML has issues with the church (that sad backstory with his mom though) but at the same time, I was expecting Rishe's maid life aristocrat family to be involved sooner (like the previous arcs were about her relations with merchant and alchemist/pharmacist life)

16. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to this Reddit comment on 7th Life's future plot progression (taken from author's Twitter and words);

- The 1st 2 arcs were merely the intro; so likely the real story will start from Arc 3;

- Arnold's POV is a big plot spoiler, so it'll be some time before readers can get insight into his thoughts and feelings;

- Author first makes a personal rough draft of the story from Arnold's POV, before officially writing from Riche's POV.

https://old.reddit.com/r/OtomeIseka...pter_the_villainess_wants_to_enjoy_a/gj3ulec/

17. kakashi61

kakashi61 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find original content from this website.
    ncode.syosetu
    There are other Japanese novels available for free.

18. zztop

zztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest WN chapter 109, Arnold has revealed a fu**ed-up secret about the emperor of Garkhain to Riche.
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1784ga/109/

The emperor is a baby-killer.
    Specifically, the emperor will only let his newborn children live if they inherit his black hair and blue eyes (which Riche reflects is quite a rare combo).
    If his consorts fail to produce a baby that meets the requirement, the emperor will mercilessly kill that baby in front of them.
    Apparently the emperor would make Arnold watch the killings, telling him that "the blood that flows in Arnold's veins is better than any other human". Arnold knows some of the consorts have turned their grudges on him for being a survivor, and feels his birth mother hated him the most (which is why he hates his eye colour and thinks very little of his pedigree).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  19. mintypotat

mintypotat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we in know or have any info on how old Arnold is?

20. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure he was 18 or 19

seekingsnow likes this.