Spoiler The Villain is Trying to Make Me a Stepmom / 흑막 여주가 날 새엄마로 만들려고 해

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Apr 14, 2021.

1. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooohhhhh.... they catched fireflies daisy....
    Thank you for the update!!

2. LadyMpok

LadyMpok Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the update

3. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if anyone wants to translate this for their own or for sharing, i have ss of raws up to chap 87.

4. Alicianna

Alicianna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot!!!! You're just like an angel! :bloblove::bloblove:

Ariary and aienmoon like this.
  5. royalrose1

royalrose1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am obsessed with this story ngl. I have literally nothing better to do with my time then to translate so thank you for giving raw ss!!!

aienmoon likes this.
  6. bb9eluvr

bb9eluvr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is my first time translating, so i just chose a random chapter that had cute art. thank you @aienmoon for the raws!

it's just a lot of cute fluff between them, including a confession!

While Dean took the cape back from me and hung it on the hanger in the office, I packed the gloves well in the storage box.

He smiled at me and said.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing."

I shook my head lightly and stared at him.

It was true that he had a cold demeanor and cold-looking eyes, but sometimes he showed a pure smile like a boy, creating a strange contrast.

And whenever I see him, he's so handsome.

I can't believe I really like this guy.

In a reality that was hard to believe even in a dream, I felt that the corners of my mouth kept rising up.

Chestnut, with your father...

But then, likewise, I could see his face staring at me.

I hurriedly turned my eyes to another place because I thought he might have heard my beating heart.

I talked to him pretending to be okay.

"How was today's meeting?"

"It was boring and boring just like usual."

“Weren't people surprised to see the gauze on your face?”

"A little bit".

"I'm sure everyone was more surprised inside. Oh, that's right. I'll change the bandage for you."

(since i chose a random chapter idk what happened to him)

Bandages, ointment, and scissors were always in place in his office because the doctor hinted that it was better to change gauze as much as possible when he came back from going out.

I took them all and put Dean on the desk chair in the office.

And as it was, I bowed slightly to match his eye level.

"I don't think I need to add gauze soon." Except for the slightly red ones, it's okay to see them with the naked eye. The swelling is all gone. Of course, you have to keep applying ointment...

I wrapped my fingers with a cloth coated with disinfectant. And wiped the wound on his cheek slightly.

"Are you sick?"

"...No."

It was close enough to breathe. I thought about how his sculptural nose was so high, and if I did something wrong, I might touch the tip of my nose.

In addition, even if you don't want to be aware of it, you keep getting attention from the red lips in front of you.

For no reason, my mouth felt dry. He talked to me, rolling his eyes here and there.

"But I guess the meeting ended very early today. Didn't you say you'd have to stay up until late at night?"

"That's..."

Dean cleared his throat loudly, and said quietly.

“Actually, I just left in the middle."

"What? Why?"

"...I miss you."

The air suddenly got hot.

I didn't know what to answer. I couldn't say anything and just tried to calm my trembling heart with my mouth closed.

In the past, I would have thought of a plausible excuse in my head, saying, "I missed my beloved daughter, Pierta, not me."

But now I can't even do that.

Despite my efforts, my heart began to beat even harder. Hot energy continued to move to my face.

"Are you okay to leave in the middle?"

"Well, there's nothing impossible. You might be wondering why..."

He murmured, staring blankly at my hand opening the lid of the ointment.

"I was wondering what you were doing, so I kept thinking..."

However, his words did not continue to the end and were cut off on the way. Seeing him muttering, "Darn it," I guess he was just trying to think to himself.

It was so hard to keep a straight face. I was embarrassed because I kept smiling as if I was hanging a balloon at the orners of my lips. I bit my lips to hold back my laughter that was about to leak out.

When he gently spread the ointment while suppressing his trembling breath, he gently closed his eyes.

Oh, was applying ointment this sweet?

"It's not as easy as I thought to tell the stories in your heart naturally...""

He still looked very embarrassed. I spoke in a slightly smiley voice.

"But I think you've become more talkative than usual these days."

"I'm glad you felt that way."

A shy smile bloomed around his mouth. But soon, he added with a serious face.

"I'm trying harder."

Actually... You don't have to do that.

Mumbling inside, I quickly coughed in vain to hold back my laughter.

I felt like my body was floating automatically in a warm and fluffy bubble.

He speaks as bluntly as ever. Even if I did, no, even if I spoke less, my heart would definitely beat as hard as it is now.

His eyes and every little gesture toward me have already changed so much from before.

But anyway, I thought it was just like him trying to keep his words firmly.

In addition, all that effort is to win more of my heart.

I couldn't hold back my thoughts and eventually burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Oh, that's…”

I deliberately spoke in a playful voice.

"Have you ever said no because I'm cold?"

“What?”

"It turns out that I fell in love with the coldness of the face."

-

-

-

Dean's face quickly turned into embarrassment. Seeing his eyes shaking, he seemed really at a loss.

"That's... Unexpected".

“It's my story."

I quickly bit my lips tightly as I looked at him trying to connect the words. But in the end, the sound of laughing leaked out.

"Why are you laughing again?"

I couldn't hold back my laughter at the last urgent and bumpy voice.

While he couldn't stand it, he even stole tears and sighed as if he was embarrassed when he laughed coolly.

"Did you make fun of me?"

"No, that can't be true."

As soon as he finished speaking, he shook his head. Of course, I was teasing you, but if I said so, it would really show.

.... You were teasing me.

Oh, I'm not sure if he's already sulky.

I quickly whispered in his ear.

"In fact, if you look at it, I would have fallen in love first. Because from a long time ago, whenever I saw the Duke, my heart skipped a beat."

I hope it'll be okay. I'm so weak-minded!

However, Dean jumped up from the chair at the moment.

"What?"

"Oh, scared me."

The ointment that ran away from my surprised hand fell on the floor.

Dean spoke with a really shocked face.

Why did I tell you?

"How can I say that?"

Picking up the ointment, I stuttered.

I belatedly regretted that I had confessed too much of my hidden sincerity.

Then he took a step closer to me.

"Why didn't you say it?"

Soft white eyes and a sweet smile around the mouth.

Oh, this is dangerous again.

What happened last night was played back in my head. I looked at his lips with a dull imagination, swallowing my saliva.

However, contrary to expectations, he opened his wide arms and hugged me tightly.

"I haven't been able to take my eyes off you for a long time, because you're so pretty."

"What? What did you say?"

I doubted my two ears for a moment. As he raised his head, he looked down at me in his arms.

"I thought you were pretty as if it was like you were shining bright, over and over again."

I can't believe you're saying these things with such a serious face.

It seemed that hot steam would come out of the top of the head because the heat was rising.

... shouldn't we re-define bluntness at this point?

I blinked madly in his arms and exhaled.

A subdued voice rang in my ears even lower than before.

“...... And one more thing to confess, I didn't know I would be this out of control."

It was definitely a voice that seemed to be trying hard to suppress something.

I gently wrapped my arms around his neck. And I pulled it slightly by applying force as it is.

It was the same for me that reason kept blurring.

The kiss, which was so long that I couldn't even remember who came first, added more and more heat. It became so deep that it leaned obliquely against the desk that it continued until the legs were loosened.

When I came to my senses, I was already occupying his lap in a chair. I could see the documents piled up like towers on one side collapsed.

I panicked out and struggled with my limbs to get up quickly. However, his arms that held me were strong.

His lips fell for a moment, and his drowsy low voice tickled my ears.

"Why?"

My heart was about to explode. My hands were moist with sweat.

"Well, I’m— I’m… Heavy?”

"What?"

An absurd smile briefly fell over my head.

"I can't believe you think you’re heavy. Are you kidding me?"

Of course, it wasn't a joke.

Sometimes I sit in a chair and hug Pierta like this, but my legs would fall asleep quickly after a few minutes. Moreover, I am an adult.

Anyway, that's not what's important right now.

I got up almost like a spring and shot down from above him.

Then, laughter pours out again. White and neat teeth were revealed through his neat lips.

Looking right in front of my eyes at the lips that had been in contact with my lips a while ago made me dizzier than I thought.

He followed me up and raised himself.

His collar, which had always been stiff without wrinkles, was badly crumpled.

It made me blush. Because it was so clear who did that.

"I think you've considered the right situation and location for your reason. No?"

Ha

Retrospective.

His low voice made my heart burst. A friendly touch of handing over my flowing hair was seducing me.

I could already feel Dean's big hand wrapped around his waist again. His head slowly lifted up in his hand, holding his chin gently.

But at that moment, I could see a particularly dark door over Dean's back.

Only then did I realize that this was his office, and that we were spending a very long time here alone.

At that moment, the imagination of the doorknob moving down and the door opening suddenly unfolded in my head. Cold energy ran along the spine.

Oh, no! This isn't a good educational look!

Just before my lips met again, I hurriedly stepped back as if running away.

He raised his thick eyebrows slightly as if a little strange.

"What if someone comes by and just opens the door and comes in..."

I said it quickly, but he responded as if it was impossible.

"Nobody knocks on the door..."

No, I was going to respond. However, as if he remembered something, he suddenly stopped talking and groaned low.

He must have belatedly realized that there was only one person in this mansion who could do that.

"Since we have a child, shouldn't we be careful?"

He frowned a little awkwardly at what I said. Then he sighed and nodded his head.

"I agree."

Taking advantage of the fact that Dean stretched out his crumpled collar with both hands, I roughly gathered and organized the documents scattered in a mess on the desk. And I packed all the ointment and bandages and put them in the storage box.

I quickly straightened my messy hair, and pressed my swollen lips a couple of times to test how puffy they were.

At this rate, it doesn't look like I'm advertising somewhere, saying, "I'm just on my way out from kissing."

"I'll... Then... I'll get going now..."

I bowed to him.

As soon as I turned around and left the office, the cool air in the hallway covered my hot face.

The heart pounded violently as if it would not listen to me at all.

Everything was dangerously sweet.

"What? What did you say?"

That afternoon, Hardy was surprised while working and asked Dean back.

It was extremely rare for him to reconfirm the order of the Duke of Hensstone like this. It's not even loud, but in a quiet office.

Dean once again said calmly.

Change all the flowers in the garden...

"If you say everything... Including the front yard and garden?"

"Yeah. I hope we can start working as soon as possible."

Hardy's eyes turned out of the window. Lupinus flowers filled the garden.

Purple, dark pink, white ......... Beautiful flowers of various colors fluttered in the wind. Lupinus, which smells good and has a pretty shape, was in season.

But I can't believe I changed everything...

But Hardy was a professional. Even in this absurd name, he asked calmly.

"What flower should I change to?""

However, I had no choice but to be embarrassed at the next moment. The Duke of Hernstone's face suddenly turned red.

No, it wasn't just my face. It was all red under the ears and around the neck.

"Duke?"

Easy."

"What?"

"Daisies"

If it's daisies, it's white and small, and it's a very cute flower...

Ah!

Hardy, who had been thinking, moved his shoulders without realizing it. The Duke of Hernstone's gaze flew straight in, but he had no mind to care about it. Oh, I didn't know our Duke would be so transparent. Isn't this too obvious?

"Hmm, hmm."

Hardy eventually couldn't stand it and coughed one after another.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

If it were usual, the Duke of Heston would have noticed immediately. What's wrong with you?

But he didn't seem to notice anything. No, it seemed that it didn't matter if they noticed or not.

"I'll tell the gardeners so that they can start working right away.” Hardy replied firmly as if to trust me. Then he asked, with his eyes shining.

"Do you have anything else to order?"

Dean seemed to think hard about something for a while, and soon nodded as if he had decided to do something.

"From now on..."

"Yes."

"Refuse the external schedule as much as possible. Just review the very urgent things and let me know."

"What?"

Hardy, who quickly forgot that he had decided to fulfill any request, asked back again.

"All outside schedules?"

"Yeah, even if you go out, I think you'll come into the mansion soon, so make sure you don't waste time as much as possible."

Hardy's mouth gradually opened, forgetting to watch his face. However, Dean only slowly handed over the documents in his hand with a calm face.

Is this also because of Daisy? No matter how good it is, you don't want to be apart for a second?

Wow, my goodness.

I was so surprised that I almost screamed.

He clenched his teeth and pretended to be normal, but smiled hard, clapping inside.

He imagined raising a finger, pointing recklessly to the Duke of Hensstone.

"Why are you standing like that?"

When he didn't talk for a long time, Dean quietly turned toward him, perhaps strange.

"Oh. It's nothing."

Hardy quickly stepped aside and shook his head.

But at that time, I noticed that there were a few documents on the floor.

It was right near where Dean sat.

Why are the papers on the floor?

Hardy bent down quickly. But I couldn't reach it.

What are you doing?"

"Oh, Duke. There are a few papers near my feet."

Then Dean hurriedly looked down and picked it up quickly.

"Here you go".

Hardy, who had been looking at the documents for a while, groaned quietly without realizing it.

"Oh, my! This is the part that recorded the largest items of fixed income that will come next year. If I lost this, it would've been a big problem."

In relief, he soon tilted his head after sweeping his chest.

"But why did it fall on the floor? Did the cleaning person make a mistake?"

“... I don't know."

Dean's answer was bland. He looked calm as if he had no doubt or interest.

However, his ears had turned so red that they could not be hidden.

Bella94, syofiaa, Pochoclo and 9 others like this.
  7. Bonzai

Bonzai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.. I normally MTL on my own. Now I can start.collecting coins for the 88 and up

aienmoon and your crush like this.
  8. royalrose1

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me a bit but I have translated my first chapter. My first time doing this so apologies for any mistakes, some parts were really confusing but I got to it!

Episode 32. Daisy, aren't you lonely?

Dean let out a low, bewildered sigh. Then he put his hands in her pockets and started walking again.

“It’s no big deal. Because it's a ball held by an emperor who likes flashy things, a lot of nobles from all over the country attend. Even from distant provinces, it often takes several days to arrive with several vassals..."

"Oh my gosh."

“It’s the Emperor’s invitation, so even if it’s bothersome, I can’t help but attend. There are many aristocrats with their children who have made their debut, so faces you see for the first time appear every year."

"Ah."

It was then that I understood. It was said that numerous nobles from all over the country, as well as the capital or Pontiful, flocked to this ball.

It was a star war.

It was not necessary to tell who the biggest star was.

In particular, Dean is famous for not showing his face to social circles, so this gathering is almost the only opportunity for nobles and young children of families who live far away.

Once a year, a golden opportunity to see him up close and say hello. So you never want to miss it. It is no wonder that marriage rumors are flying all over the place. He's young and handsome, and he's got his powers and powers.

Yeah, It's only natural for him... Why do you care about that? Why is a corner of my heart uncomfortable?

My mind was noisy. I kept walking and walking, looking down without a word. Then, finally, I couldn't stand it and let out a deep sigh.

At that moment, Dean's footsteps stopped. I felt his gaze staring into my face. It was obvious that he was looking at me with puzzled eyes.

I wanted to miss it, so I forcibly raised the corners of my mouth and tried to lower my voice as casually as possible.

“You wouldn’t be looking for a job as a maid at the imperial ball, would you?”

“A maid? What do you mean?"

“I mean, the imperial ball is not a place I can go to just because I want to go. But I want to meet Prince Edward at least once. Ha... ha ha."

It was supposed to be done naturally, but it was awkward to the point that I could even hear it.

An imperial ball would be different from a gathering held in a nobleman's house.

Even a maid won't pick anyone(unsure)... And unless I'm disguised, I'll never be able to show my face there.

Again, my mouth was bitter.

"I'll go in first."

I turned around, leaving him behind as he looked at my expression. And just in case this turbulent mind is caught, I hastily moved forward. A small stone stuck the tip of his toe and rolled away.

When Dean went back to the study on the ground floor, Pierta was nowhere to be seen and she had only Hardy keeping her place.

“Did you have a good conversation?”

He just shook his head. Then he sat straight down in his chair and said nothing. He clasped his chin with one hand and tapped the table. It was an attitude that came out whenever he thought deeply about something. Hardy, well aware of this, waited quietly for him to finish his thoughts.

Dean opened his mouth not long after that.

“Hardy.”

“Yes Duke?"

“Bring it”

Then, as he gently moved his clenched fist, as if Hardy had been waiting, he took the pen and paper engraved with the family design. Having worked with him for so long, Hardy could tell what he wanted with a simple gesture.

“Will you send it yourself?"

"Yes."

Dean began to write his greeting with a strong, clean handwriting.

Hardy's eyes widened at the action. Wasn't it a normal pattern to reluctantly send a reply to attend only after being stifled until the end and after being urged several times? Dean was going to reply right now?

Knowing that this was not the norm, his gaze continued to turn to look at the reply Dean was writing.

However, it was hidden by his large hand, so he couldn't see exactly what it was about. There was only one thing Hardy was curious about.

The number of attendees.

It was at the moment when he was about to slightly lengthen his neck as he didn't seem to be averting his eyes.

“Hardy."

Dean put down his pen, not writing his reply.

"Yes?"

"Get out."

A much harsher celebration than usual has fallen.

“Hardy!"

Hardy, who had been kicked out, was afraid to step in the hallway, and the sound of footsteps running down the hall was heard. Suddenly, dark brown hair that rose like chestnuts appeared.

A quilted pumpkin hung around her head. Pierta always carried the headband that Daisy gave her as one body.

"What's going on, huh? Daddy?"

"Yeah, I think you're going..."

"Are you going with Daisy?!"

Hardy was startled by those words, put a finger to her mouth, hiss, hiss.

Even though she is a small child, in this case, she is Pierta, who boasts great strength like an elephant.

“My lady, be quiet for a little bit……”

"That's right. I'm sorry! We're working!"

Pierre stood on her tiptoes and tilted her head abruptly towards her Hardy. Gently stroking it, Hardy fell into deep thought for a moment.

Duke Dean Henston is a man who is careful and thorough in everything he does. Hardy had been with him since he was a child, and he knew him better than anyone.

But Hardy didn't know he could be this careful in realizing his feelings! It's like a chef who wipes and taps a sturdy casting pot over and over before cooking.

Hardy sighed quietly in frustration.

Just then, Pierre pulled his sleeve.

“Hardy.”

"Yes?"

"Do not worry. I'm with you!"

I thought about it without saying a word the whole time, and it seemed like I was worried about it. Hardy couldn't help but smile broadly as he saw Pierta screaming loudly.

"Sure. miss. I'm not worried. By the way, what about the book I was talking about?"

At that, she pushed back the book Pierta was holding in her armpit.

“Is this right? Aww, it was hard to find Daisy secretly earlier."

The book, with a colorful peacock on the front, was an animal illustrated book for children.

Pierta opened the book as if it were purple.

“Male peacocks have colorful feathers. To seduce females. The peacock spreads its beautiful feathers and is about to do a courtship dance. Oh, but what do I do? Other males also gathered around..."

Pierta read the book diligently, one word at a time.

Hardy nodded as if satisfied. In fact, this ball may well be an opportunity for two people to understand each other's feelings. However, it was impossible for Pierta to understand all of this. So, the method she came up with was the Animal Encyclopedia.

When asked if she knew the book about the peacock courtship, Pierta immediately nodded her head, with a gleam in her eyes. It was possible because she was a child who usually reads a lot.

While holding Hardy's hand and walking down the hallway, the child did not stop chattering.

“Books are amazing. Dad said that they had everything, and he was right.”

"Yeah?"

"I'll read harder in the future!"

“It is enough for now. Miss."

The other employees walking down the hallway looked at the two of them with curiosity.

Of course, Pierta was the only one who did it, but anyway, it was like an antagonism.

“Anyway, the mansion must be very busy now.”

At Hardy's words, Pierre, who was running down her stairs first, opened her eyes and looked around.

"Why?"

“Because there will be a lot of guests.”

"Guests? Will the sheep grandfather come again then?"

"No. It's not that noble guests are coming..."

Hardy smiled and shook her head.

"Then?"

“Um… First, there will be a lot of tailors, then the shoemaker, the jeweler… Oh, and the hairdresser on the same day.”

In particular, to prepare for two people, more people than before will visit the mansion.

However, it seemed that it was still unknown territory to Pierta, who had never participated in such work.

“Why is the hairdresser here? I haven't even cut my hair yet..."

The child asked with a look of incomprehension.

He stroked his chestnut-like hair, which he had recently cut short.

After tossing and turning all night, I finally gave up on sleep and got up. I have to wait a little longer for the day to come, but being alone in a room surrounded by silence only increased my thoughts.

After washing and changing clothes, I snuck out of the room. Small lamps dotted along the majestic pillars dimly lit the dark hallway. I stopped, not moving, admiring the colorful tapestries hanging on the wall.

'It smells delicious!”

There was a pungent smell coming from somewhere. If my guess is correct, it's probably preparing pumpkin potato soup in the kitchen. Even Pierta, who often frowns at whether he can't eat breakfast, sat down and ate a bowl when the soup came out. I had nothing to do anyway, so I went down to the kitchen to help with some work, so I set foot in that direction.

It was about half way down the stairs going downstairs.

“Then, please proceed with caution."

Someone's voice came from the first floor.

“Yes” the familiar voice answered, with the sound of the door closing in succession.

Contrary to expectations, it seemed that not only the people in the kitchen were awake.

What's up with this puppet?

Curious, I went down cautiously. Hardy was standing in front of the closed door, scribbling something down and taking notes.

"excuse me...."

"Ahh! It's a surprise!"
    Hardy looked at me and screamed as if he hadn't heard me approaching. I was a little startled at the same time and immediately apologized to him.

“Are you surprised? Sorry."

“It’s Fine."

He stroked his chest and shook his head.

Looking through the large windows on either side of the front door, I saw a wagon traversing the dark garden.

“Ah, the Duke went out a little while ago.”

Hardy said as if he noticed my gaze.

"Yes? So early?"

It hasn't even opened yet...?

It's not too far from the Imperial palace anyway, so I always had breakfast when I had business to do.

“Where the hell are you going…?”

“You went to Utena. It's a long way, so I think you'll be back tomorrow."

With that said, I'm short. and exclaimed. (not a clue as to what this might mean)

In fact, he was a very busy person. He had many people he had to meet from morning to evening, and there were many meetings where he had to show his face. He said he had a lot of people waiting months to make an appointment with him. But despite this, he stubbornly leaves the weekend blank, needless to say, to be with Pierta. We even went on vacation, so it was obvious how much the tight schedule was pushed back.

... are you okay? Would you be very tired?

Even after Hardy left first, I looked at the dark garden for a long time with some pity.

“That’s right, Dad isn’t coming until tomorrow, darling! You should have woken me up."

At breakfast time, the chestnut tree, who was diligently eating soup, rang out in a tone of rebuke to Hardy. Hardy shrugged his shoulders casually.

“The Duke stopped by and went to the lady’s room.”

“Oh, right?”

"Yes. He even kissed me on the forehead, didn't you know?"

“I was sleeping, so it could be!”

Chestnuts blushed red on her plump cheeks, got angry for nothing, and then smoked a tantrum. And even that wasn't enough, so she consumed all the milk in front of her. I burst into laughter at the sight and sat close to the chestnut.

“Our Pierta, you are good.”

"Huh? Why?"

“Dad isn’t here, but he doesn’t whine and he’s very confident.”

Then he patted her on the butt, and Pierta pouted her lips with her sullen face.

"Daisy too, what are you talking about. I can see the house well by myself, now."

"okay? Isn't that great?"

Giving a slap in the face of cute bluffs, I looked at Pierta's arm. Not surprisingly, all the scabs that had sat on it fell off again. It was the trace of a mosquito bite, and it seemed that she had been scratching it again because she couldn't stand it as it healed. I was afraid of leaving a scar, so I quickly pulled out the ointment I had in my pocket and carefully applied it.

The chestnut tree, who was looking at me, suddenly opened her mouth seriously.

"Daisy."

“Yes?”

“Aren’t you lonely because I’m here?”

What is this sound?

“What do you mean, Pierta?”

“Without Daddy, Daisy would be lonely.”

What!

The eyes of the maids who were cleaning the dishes and Hardy, who was standing next to them, widened at the same time. Perhaps I had a similar expression.

Hey, what the fuck is this little bastard talking about now! (MTL wrote this im keeping it in)

My forehead became hot in an instant. I shook my head violently and licked my lips as if in protest.

“It can't be! The duke is not here, but I Why am I lonely?"

"Because...."

“Hey, Pierta!”

At that moment, Hardy hurriedly approached Pierta's side.

“There's a lot of bread crumbs here. I'll brush you off before you they get into your clothes."

Then, with a hasty hand, the child quickly untied the napkin that was around her neck.

"right. Can I get you some cocoa? cocoa? Because he had a good breakfast by himself. I’ll make you a drink myself.”

"cocoa!"

Pierre's eyes twinkled at those words. She seemed to have forgotten what she had said a moment ago.

"Great! Hardy is very kind."

Leaving behind the chestnuts that were happy to clap their hands, Hardy turned her body to wait for a moment.

Whoa, and I heard it with my own two ears.

The sound of her sighing, stealing her forehead as if he was alive.

Award winning it's so very award-winning

The black antennae that had been folded deep in my heart began to come out only for a moment. Did you say that Dean is away until tomorrow? If so, wouldn't this be a great opportunity? A chance to sneak behind them and find out what the hell they're doing!

I remembered one of the thirty paintings hanging in my room. This is the picture of Hardy hurrahing behind Pierta! I clenched my fists with a wicked smile inside. I will reveal these hidden identities

9. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!

10. royalrose1

Reading List:
    Link
    I have mad respect for @aienmoon. Didnt realize how time consuming translating was until I sat down and did it myself. Im a little bit meticulous so I did a lot of work making sure the translations read smoothly.

Episode 33 A Growing Coalition

In the backyard with a long table and rocking chairs, Hardy and Pierta were enjoying tea time together. The scent of lilac flowers in full bloom was everywhere. All of these trees in a row were newly planted after the previous bee incident. Looking at the purple flowers in full bloom, it seemed to show Deon's pity and affection towards the child. Perhaps that feeling was conveyed, this flower garden has become a favorite place for chestnut’s in the mansion.

Chestnut offered to drink cocoa together, but she refused for today.

Because...
    Today, I have to follow up and go undercover.

“Come on, have a drink too, Hardy.”

"Thank you. Miss."

"Flowers are really amazing, aren't they? They're pretty, but they smell good too."

"I know!"

I hid behind a huge flower pot on the way to the yard and listened intently to their story. I couldnt move until I learned something useful!
    But then, one of the employees who had left the teapot behind saw me and cried out in amazement.

“Ah! What are you doing!”

I was startled, and quickly put my finger to my lips. “Shh, shh!”

She looked at me with her puzzled eyes, she asked cautiously.

“Why are you doing this here? Besides, the scarf you wore on your head..."

“I have a situation. Please think of me as clear air. Please!”

She raised her eyebrows as if to say what the hell were you talking about. But I didn't have time to answer. In the midst, the two of them continued to talk.

"Lady, do you know that?"

"What?"

“This cocoa is Endal's famous specialty. Do you remember the doctor who came to see Daisy before? He seems to drink several cups of this a day."

"I can drink a lot a day too!"

"Ugh, I don't think I can. It's just too sweet."

“Is it delicious if it’s not sweet?”

“Of course it is for you, but... Anyway, miss. You must brush your teeth after eating this.”

“Don’t worry, Hardy. Don't you believe me?"

Chestnuts clasped her hands on her waist and shouted loudly. Hardy laughed, Pierta smiled softly and put the teacup on the table. The drink in the glass was very dark brown. He must have been drinking the same cocoa as Pierta. It was a peaceful sight, but I continued to keep my eye on it.

I knew well what Hardy's favorite tea was. Why do people who usually like sweet and sour fruit tea drink cocoa now? Maybe that's the signature the two of them decided?

After serious consideration, I nodded. Then I opened the small notebook I was holding in my hand and quickly wrote 'Cocoa'. Because the more clues, the better.

Even when the headmaster was away, the duke's house was running very well as usual. The chefs and other cooks were busy checking new ingredients carefully, and the coachmen did their best to clean the wheels of the wagons and brush the horses.

And I.....

“Oh!"

After making her hideout behind a statue near the chestnut room, she finally caught her target.

I hid more secretly and prepared myself to jump out at any moment. I don't know, but wouldn't this be how cats feel when they're about to hunt? Hardy, who didn't even know I was hiding, stood in front of Pierta's door, stroking his collar, and dressing himself up.

He glanced around once, then knocked cautiously.

“Miss, I’m here.”

Then the door swung open, and a chestnut tree popped out her face. “Why are you here so late?”

"Sorry. I was going to come a little earlier, but I have a business to deal with…”

“I don’t have time, so I have to hurry.”

The chestnut stomped to her feet and led Hardy inside.

Hurry up because you don't have time? Are you finally planning to come up with a strategy? I swallowed dry saliva at the tension that came over me for a moment. Now all that's left is the field raid. I muffled my footsteps as much as I could and crept closer to Pierta's room.

After taking a deep breath... she swung the door open!

"Pierta! Hardy! Just caught... Huh?"

However, the scene in front of me was quite different from what I expected.

Seeing me standing blankly in the same posture as they appeared, the two of them blinked in confusion.

Pierta was the first to move

“Daisy! Daisy!"

If they had been plotting something, they would have been embarrassed to see me. But instead of panicking, Pierta rushed at me, spouting a welcome tea.

“Where have you been today, huh?”

The chestnut hanging from the hem of my skirt rubbed her forehead and whined. But my eyes were fixed on Hardy. He climbed the ladder of chestnut bookshelf.

“……What are you doing?”

At a hint, Hardy reached out and pulled out a large box on the top of his bookshelf.

"The lady asked me to take out the drawing paper."

“Is it a painting?”

"Yes."

He smiled and opened the lid and showed the contents. Inside the box were white, shiny papers one after another.

Chestnut dangling from the hem of my skirt, raising her head tight and shouting proudly to me.

"Rotizen is coming to play today!"

"Oh, right?"

It was unexpected news. I paused the radar in my mind for a moment and patted Pierta's head as she ran around.

“I just received a letter from Marquis Fransov.” Hardy said, taking out some drawing papers.

"Oh really?"

Every corner of my heart is happy. It seemed that Rotizen also wanted to see Pierre again after the party that day. If we continue to be friendly like this, Pierta will also be one step further away from the heroine of Desolation. Chestnuts couldn't control her good mood and shouted, nodding her head violently.

“So I sent a reply right away! Come today!"

The way she put her hands on her waist and raised her hands was so majestic that I burst out laughing. I was really glad that Marquis Fransov is not too far away.

Chestnuts grabbed her ladder that Hardy was on and hurriedly stomped her feet.

“Do it quickly. Give me the paper.”

"Uh huh! Ah, lady! Don't hang on to it. Ow!"

As the ladder shook precariously, Hardy, whose face turned white, quickly held out the box to me. I took out a white piece of paper from inside and handed it to Pierta. Then, secretly, he carefully inspected the inside and outside of the box. And I was very disappointed. No matter how much I looked through the eyes of a hawk, the only thing in the box was drawing paper.

"I have to finish the painting before Rotizen comes. I'll give her my painting, as a gift!"

Ah... Then, was it the story of painting earlier that there was no time?

"The lady said she couldn't see Daisy, so I came here to get her a piece of paper instead."

“Oh, oh my, I’m sorry. Hardy. I'm sorry, Piera."

At the flooding of embarrassment, I quickly apologized to both of them. It was embarrassing that I did nothing and followed the two of them the whole time.

However, Hardy and Pierta shouted together as if they had been waiting.

"You're welcome. When things don't work out, of course, we have to help."

“It’s okay, Daisy! You can be busy!"

As if they had promised, both of them had a bright smile on their lips. There was one weakness in this undercover investigation. It's just that it's taking too long. Even compared to that, there were absurdly few things that could be recovered. So I finally decided to change the route. It was just an investigation.

“I mean these days.”

"Yes Yes."

“Have you ever noticed anything suspicious between the two of you?”

"Yes...?"

At my words, she tilted her head. This morning, it was one of the employees at the restaurant.

"Well... I don't have anything in particular that comes to mind."

“Even small things are fine.”

After a while, wondering if my earnestness had worked, she said, 'Ah!' ' she clapped lightly.

"I mean, then...."

"Yes. Yes!"

My eyes shone with hope.

"At breakfast this morning, Hardy has been standing on the left side of her lady all the time. You usually serve on the right side, right?"

"Ah...”

I recalled a conversation I had with Hardy this morning in the dining room.

'It was the first time Daisy was away after coming here, so the Duke was very concerned.’

'Oh, why?'

'It must have been because he was afraid that the young lady would be too foolish for Daisy."

After saying that, Hardy winked and went to Pierta's left.

Then why did I do that? What would make a child particularly foolish in the absence of Dean?

Besides, Tonight chestnut was exceptionally quiet…

This might be a clue!

Her head began to spin. As I continued to think so hard, at some point, my pulse went limp.

The answer was refreshing.

It must have been because of the vegetables that Hardy went to the left. According to the dining etiquette here, a plate of fruit and butter is placed on the upper right, and a plate of boiled vegetables or salad is placed on the upper left. It is the plate on the left that Pierta is reluctant to. Of course, except for broccoli, I tend to try to eat as much as I have been taught, but what I don't like is clearly visible on my face.

So there were many times when I pretended I didn't see it to the extent that I left only a little bit. I thought that the stress of having to eat all of the vegetables would be worse for my health than eating less than a piece of vegetables.

And it was clear that Pierta was well aware of this fact. Because when Dean sternly told me to eat all the vegetables, he would look at me with tears in his eyes. So Dean probably gave Hardy special instructions. So that chestnut doesn't fool me and leaves me with vegetables.

For some reason, the chestnuts were strangely eating all the vegetables. After all the riddles were solved, only disappointment filled me.

“Would it have been helpful?”

"Yes."

But she couldn't tease. I forced a smile.

The investigation, which had not made any progress, reached a point where it was impossible to continue by the afternoon. It was because of the chestnuts waiting for their friend to arrive.

Daisy, quick, quick!"

"Okay! Let’s go.”

Just then, through the window downstairs on the first floor, I saw Rotizen holding the nanny's hand and getting out of her wagon. After seeing the scene, Pierta's impatience and excitement reached a peak. She jumped on her feet and jumped down to try to open the door herself.

In order not to miss such chestnuts, I had to squeeze my hands tightly.

Finally, Hardy opened the door. Apparently, it wasn't just Chestnut who was excited. As soon as the door was opened, Rotizen rushed in.

"Pierta! I'm here!"

“Uh, um. miss! wait for me!"

The bewildered nanny's voice was heard.

Then, suddenly, the chestnut, who was going down the stairs with me, quickly shook my hand away. Then she laid her stomach on the marble railing and slid downwards while lying on her stomach! She even waved her hand in that state.

“Hi!"

“Oh, you can’t do that! Dangerous!"

A scream erupted from her mouth as well.

Sliding on the railing was one of the things Dean forbids. However, it was clear that she was doing it secretly whenever she hadn't seen him in the meantime. As proof of that, this marble railing was always shining even without being polished.

"Hello Piera!"

"Rotizen, why are you so late!"

As soon as the two kids met, they hugged each other like a separated family reunion.

"Pierta, how tall are you, huh?"

"Huh. It was a little big.”

“Wow, I wish. I'm the same as last week."

Then she grabbed her hand and, chattering, headed towards the drawing room. Both seem to have forgotten our existence behind them.

“Thanks to you, I think I can have a peaceful afternoon.”

The well-known marquise's nanny looked at me and smiled. Hardy, who was standing next to me, did the same. She let out a soft laugh. She urged the nanny to keep her child neatly dressed and that she be polite. And she'll be nearby, so she kindly told me to tell her if anything happened before she went into the next break room.

Hardy said he had papers to sort out by today, and he left immediately.

In an instant, I was left alone.

I had been pondering for the whole time whether or not I could do more behind the scene investigations, but I got embarrassed. The two little ones were lying on their faces in the drawing room, engrossed in their drawing game. They were so engrossed that they didn't even know I had come in.

After a slight chuckle from behind her, Rotizen looked behind her and she was startled, and she hurriedly to her feet.

"Ah, hello...... Hello..."

Seeing that, I looked even more shocked than I thought. It was as if not only the nanny, but also her parents had clearly instructed that it is absolutely forbidden to go to the duke's house and be disrespectful. After all, they were the marquis couple, and it was obvious how much trouble they had to her daughter.

I wish Rotizen was comfortable with me, and she gave me a broad smile.

“I brought juice and apple pie,” I said. I eat a lot, and if I don't have enough, I have another one, so please tell me."

And they lowered the trays to the floor so that the children could eat them.Suddenly, a picture that Rotizen was drawing caught my eye.

“Oh my, what a pretty rainbow!”, I said in a very excited voice.

“Hehe.."

At my compliment, Rotizen smiled a little and twisted her hair with her fingers. She seemed to have a habit of coming out when she was shy. I pasted Pierta's drawing under Rotigen's drawing.

"Wow. Look! It's so good. Combined, it's a picture of a cute sheep grazing peacefully under a pretty rainbow. Isn't it?"

“This isn’t grass, it’s broccoli!”

Pierta quickly corrected my words. But when I heard her compliment, I kicked the floor hard with her toes to see if she was in a good mood.

“Daisy, are we really good at drawing?”

"Huh. so very pretty. Wouldn't it be great if you put it in a frame and hang it on the wall?"

"Ah! I hope so! Rotizen, then take this as a gift!"

"Wow. Thank you.”

Both of Rotizen's cheeks were pleasantly reddish. Pierta smiled innocently as if she just liked it.

They were really naive and innocent children. I smiled happily and got up.

“I’m still drawing. I'll tell Hardy to bring the frame."

I put a small fork and plate in front of the children. Seeing the children who began to paint hard again filled my heart with shame and humility at the same time. Am I too far ahead? Yes, no matter how dark the future heroine is, a child is still a child.

Even if I had to deal with Hardy, it would still be a little prank. Hardy will probably just match up with Pierta like that. Because he also really really likes chestnut.

I gently brushed off Pierta's stretched hair, trimmed down Rotizens hairpins that had flowed out, and then left her room.

So the secret investigation was closed

Some time after Daisy left the drawing room,

Rotizen, who continued to glance at her door, called in her tiny voice to her friend who was wallowing next to her.

"Pierta.”

"Huh?"

“Is she going to be Pierta’s mother?”

Then Pierta rolled over half a turn beside her. Then she lay down, staring at the ceiling, clinging to Rotizen’s side.

"That's right."

“When will she become a mother?”

“I don’t know that yet.”

With a serious expression, Pierre stretched out both her short fingers, then folded and unfolded them three times.

"She'll probably sleep thirty nights?" (unsure what this means)

“Wow, that’s right.”

"Yeah. Daisy is really nice, right?"

Rotizen nodded her head as she put her juice in her mouth. But after she swallowed it, she muttered in a muffled voice, as if somehow dead.

“I wish my mother could be like that…”

Pierre, who watched the scene silently, stretched out her hand and patted her friend on the back like an adult. At that clumsy but heartfelt consolation, Rotizen immediately opened her eyes again, as if she had become pale.

"If your mother likes you, I like it too, because Pierta and I are friends!"

Then Pierre rolled her eyes, pondered for a moment, and whispered in Rotizen's ear

“Rotizen.”

"Huh?"

“Would you like to touch my head?”

"Why?"

“It's consciousness. important thing.”

Pierre flipped her over and fell flat on her floor. And she savagely smashed her forehead into her carpet.

"Ok, fine!"

I don't know what her consciousness was, but at any rate, Rotizen, with her delight, gently stroked the convex back of her friend's head. Soon, bright laughter erupted from their mouths.

Episode 34. Won't you come with me

"Daddy daddy!"

As soon as I opened the door of the study, Pierta ran straight inside. Hardy, who was standing next to Dean and following the car, quickly pulled aside from her, avoiding the movement of chestnut, which was almost a head-butt.

Dean had been buried in a mountain of papers since morning.He looked neat and tidy, not like someone who came in at dawn after a long-distance schedule. As usual, He still looked busy, but as soon as he saw the child, he put down the pile of papers without hesitation.

“My daughter, how are you?”

"Yeah! I missed Daddy!"

At the warm welcome, Dean smiled broadly and hugged Piera in a flash.

"I treated the guests well! When Dad is not around, I'll welcome the guests. I have to."

"Guests? Who?"

“Rotizen!”

At that, he finally laughed out loud. How can my daughter be so smart? Compliments followed.

His sweet laughter seemed to settle in my ears. The moment my heart was about to beat faster.

Suddenly, clear eyes with blue pupils stared at me. My heart plummeted.

"Did you have a good trip?"

I smiled awkwardly and greeted him a little late. And I briefly reported what happened yesterday.

"Yesterday, Rotizen came. So, we had a good time... Oh, and I ate well without leaving any leftovers."

"Is that so? Great job."

His lips drew soft arcs.

Come to think of it... Dean, who had been busy signing papers a little while ago, was holding a fountain pen studded with blue jewels. It was my gift. It was a strange feeling to see with my own eyes that it was being used carefully.

It felt like the corners of my mouth were raised and the inside of my body was tickling. In fact, I haven't seen you for only a day, so why am I so happy and excited as if I met someone I had been separated from for so long?

Hardy, who was next to him at that time, said, putting something on the desk.

“While the Duke was away from the mansion, a reply arrived from the Imperial Palace.”

Then, with a slight cough, he gently brushed his tail hair with a natural hand gesture.

Then, the chestnut in his arms eyes lit up and lifted her head.

"Dad, let's open it!"

Hardy put out a letter knife, as if Dean thought he would naturally respond to Piertha. As expected, Dean accepted it gently and split the envelope. Hardy blinked a little faster and stared at it.

What's that reaction for? While contemplating for a while whether to turn on the radar, which was supposed to be turned off forever, Pierta quickly snatched a letter from Dean's hand.

"I want to read it!" Can I do that, dad?”

Chestnut cleared her throat for no reason even before Dean's answer fell.

A pleasant and innocent reply…

" Thank you. Uh. Return? Not only Gong... but also looking forward to meeting with the guests who will attend..."

Her voice was so insecure that her spirit was overshadowed. Seeing that she was having a hard time reading fumbling, it seemed that the colorful cursive was still difficult to read. Pierta, who was sweating hard, eventually pouted her lips and handed the letter back to Dean's hand.

"Who's the empty guest?" Is it a family name?"

"It means that you are a precious guest who attends together!"

Hardy's rare high voice popped out of his mouth. As if he had made a promise with Pierta, he glanced back at me.

No way. Me?

Until Dean sent Hardy and Chestnut down to the restaurant, saying he had something to talk about separately for me, I just stood blankly and fidgeted my eyes.

He presented the conclusion clearly and simply.

“You will go with me. I cannot miss this opportunity.”

“Are you talking about the imperial ball right now?”

When asked the question again, just in case, he nodded his head with a serious face.

Oh my, are you serious?

There was silence for a moment. I quickly summarized this situation in my head.

There is only one predictable answer.

“...are you going to send me as a maid to the imperial ball?”

Dean's forehead wrinkled at my question.

is not it.......? But other than that, there is no way to go to the ball. Even going in as a maid this time, unlike last time, won't be easy. No matter how temporary it is, they are members of the Imperial Palace, so no one will be elected.

Ah. then....!

“Are you giving me an identity guarantee? Well, that would be it."

“What are you talking about now?”

But he lightly pressed his temples, as if he didn't understand. I was a little confused.

"But how do we go together ... Oh, maybe as a nanny?"

“Are you a nanny? Someone's? Maybe it's me?"

“Are you kidding?” , and I rubbed the nape of my neck with a humble heart. Of course I know that it was a stupid question.

But he wouldn't be able to go with his personal maid! I couldn't easily believe his statement that he would go with me.

If neither, really, really, sincerely……?

“You're going to bring me to the biggest ball in the empire, attended by a large number of nobles? Me, who was not a nobleman, but a very poor citizen?”

Startled, I took a step back and waved my hand.

“Ha, but I have no identity…”

"Ah. That's already been fixed.”

"What? No way! Can the status issue be solved so simply?"

"Then what?"

"What?"

As I couldn't understand and just stared blankly, he stared at me and said with a calm face.

“You are now a member of the Viscount Heidi. If that's enough, it won't be a problem if I go and deal with the other nobles and have an audience with His Majesty the Emperor."

Dealing with nobles and audiences with the emperor? No, was there a nobleman named Heidi?

There were so many questions in my head that I was at a loss for words. Contemplating what to bring out first, I asked the last question that came to mind.

"Is there a family with the same last name as me?"

"No. There was none.”

"Are you sure?"

“I made him change his last name.” (was translated as both made you and made him so unsure)

His face was as calm as if answering what he had eaten last night.

On the contrary, the expression in my head was even more messed up.

“Hey, that means… Uh, I’m Heidi, and that Heidi became the daughter of a noble family, but the Heidi family doesn’t exist…?”

"In summary, it means that you are now a noblewoman."

“How the hell did that happen…”

As I couldn't accept the spirit reality, Dean eventually pulled a thick wad of papers out of his desk drawer.

“It’s a complicated and long story, but if you want to know about the method, I can tell you. But speaking of everything..."

He paused for a moment, then cleared his throat. And he said with sincere eyes.

“I’m afraid you might feel a little embarrassed.”

Those eyes, those are the truth. Even if you only look at them without saying a word, you can feel the sincerity. He immediately shook his head and showed the momentum to start explaining.

"No! It's okay, it's okay. It's better not to listen."

I think not listening is better for your health. The sheets of papers in his hands were so dense that just looking at them made my eyes tingle.

When did you prepare something like that? Immediately after receiving an invitation to the prom? Or earlier? I thought that his unique bulldozer-like execution ability was limited to work related to Pierta.
    It was just embarrassing.

When I didn't answer, he said quietly.

“Still I thought it would be better to have a proper status than a simple commoner, since you are the nanny. Now, when we do something together in the future, it will be much less restrictive.”

"Don't worry about learning etiquette. We'll give you the best teachers."

Somehow I couldn't say anything. Then Dean paused for a moment and came over with a cough. At a closer distance, he thought for a moment before opening his mouth.

“Tell me honestly.”

I slowly lifted my head and looked into his blue eyes. Eyes intertwined in the air.

“…… I wanted to go to the prom with you.”

The voice was a little lower than usual, almost buried in the sound of my heart

“I beg you. Won't you come with me?"

Of course, I want to meet Prince Edward and Prince Glenbrenter

To be able to go to such a place with him after everyone left was a secretly heart-fluttering thing. It is also true that I wanted to go to such a fancy ball.

However, when such an incredibly large opportunity came, it was not easy to let go of it. Besides, how much attention will I get?

They said that they are coming from all directions with courtship papers!

While I was suffering from anguish, he looked at me still. He seemed to be concerned.

On the one hand, he even looked nervous. Looking at that, somehow the anxiety in my heart gradually subsided. Instead, curiosity and courage filled the spot. To be honest, it's probably hard to get a chance like this twice. Finally, I smiled slightly and nodded. Then, the deep wrinkles on his forehead disappeared as if washed away.

Of course, just because I made up my mind didn't mean that all my worries were completely gone.

“But what if I become someone? I mean. If people are talkative……”

Just thinking about that scene made my bones go numb. All I've done is work at a party as a maid. Can I really wear a dress and be among so many nobles?

However, he raised his chin with a confident face in response to the question.

"You don't have to worry about that. No one dares to talk like that in front of me."

Then he spoke in a firm voice, as if he was making a proclamation.

“I’ll make sure everyone doesn’t even open their mouths.”

“Wow.”

Seeing the people constantly lining up through the wide open door, Pierta stomped their feet.

The first to find the mansion were the tailors. Each of them was carrying a pile of high-quality fabrics and hanging from their waists a basket of scissors, thread, and needles.

“It takes time to make clothes. It's really huge this year."

Hardy was busy going back and forth, but whenever he had time, he came to her side and explained with a twinkle in his eyes.

Behind the tailors, the shoemaker and the jeweler came in one after another, and before you knew it, close to 20 people gathered in the drawing room.

“What would you like to see first, Duke?”

"All."

At that word, the tailors almost dragged me behind the wide open partition.

“The shoulder line is a little forward, and the right arm is a little longer than the left arm.”

The tape measure continued to wrap around my body. It was a quick and accurate hand without any room for embarrassment. I just folded it up and sewed it roughly with pins, but the fabric suddenly took on a dress-like shape and was draped over my shoulders and waist.

“A warm color would be better. How about an orange or dried rose color?"

“The duke said he wanted to see them all, so let’s try them all.”

Even the wretched aura stood on the faces of the tailors. I couldn't do this or that, and I was standing still, with my body entrusted to them. It was my first experience like this, so it was very awkward. We talked about different sizes and the quality of the fabric, but I couldn't understand what he was saying at all. But then, a familiar voice whispered from behind.

“Wow. cool....."

"Right?"

"Yeah. Daisy can wear anything.”

"That’s right."

Two little girls with their heads sticking out to the side of the partition, their eyes shining brightly.

It was Rotizen and Pierta.

“Oh my, Lady Rotizen is here!”

As I pretended to not know, Rotizen nodded and greeted me.

"Yes, I'm here to play again."

Rotizen's face seemed brighter, perhaps because this mansion seems to have gotten a little more comfortable now. Seeing that i'm here every day, you must have become close with our chestnut that much, right? Thinking about it that way, I laughed.

At that moment, one of the tailors who had been forgotten for a moment spoke in a polite voice.

"Heidi. If you don't like it or have any inconveniences, just tell me. And if you have a special design you want, please tell me."

What did they mean Heidi? It was so unfamiliar to me that I only added a last name to my last name. I smiled awkwardly and nodded. After the foundation was finished, I managed to escape the partition.

But Dean still didn't leave and sat there, staring intently at me. With a slight smile on his lips.

It felt like my throat was stuffed. Maybe it was because I measured it too tight, so it was even a little hot.

“Come here for a second.”

At his words, I gently rubbed my cheek with the back of my hand and approached him cautiously. I stood still, hesitating, he gently grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit naturally next to him.

Then three or four people who were waiting with their hands on the other side bowed their heads politely. A different person than the one who measured the dress. The person on the far right held out a large book first. The book was so thick that it almost looked like a weapon, and it weighed quite a bit.

“First, just look at the shape today. Colors and other decorations will be put in after the costume is decided.”

I don't know what’s what, but I opened the thick booklet. Shoes were drawn on each page, and materials were written next to them.

It was the first time in my life that I had such diverse and beautiful shoe paintings. From shoes designed with simple yet elegant curves to gorgeous and lovely high heels decorated with lace and pearls.

"Is there anything you like?"

The shoe tailor asked, but I didn't even have time to answer. It seemed like it would take a day just to look at all these beautiful shoes.

“You can choose several. We can make anything you want."

If I really wanted ten pairs, I would make it without hesitation. But anyway, since I only need to wear one pair of shoes, I wanted to carefully choose the prettiest one. But this is pretty, that one is also pretty, and after that, everything looks the same, so it wasn't easy. I never thought that choosing something would be this hard...Could it be that I underestimated the idea of a ball?

"Daisy, how about this one? Huh? Here's the round thing…”

“This ribbon is pretty too.”

The little ones helped, but those words didn't come to my ears. I fumbled through the booklet. Eventually I muttered.

“Excuse me, there are so many……”

As if my words sounded like a joke, the tailor covered his mouth and smirked.

"I brought everything I could find. So take it easy, take it slow.”

No, I don’t even know when I looked at it.

In a feeling of awkwardness and confusion, I rubbed my forehead.

At that moment, a long arm stretched out from the side and picked up the booklet I was looking at. It was Dean. He turned the booklet to the front page and opened his mouth.

“From here……”

And then I flipped open the back page again.

“Everything so far.”

Haha, that's funny I laughed in my mind….I mean, I'm really good at joking around....

"All right."

The shoe tailor nodded casually and gave the order to his assistant standing next to him.

“Measure it.”

Then the assistant really came and got down on one of his knees and measured my feet!

I was so embarrassed that I unwittingly held on with strength on my toes. However, skilled craftsmen took that part into account and quickly wrote down the numbers on paper.

No, what is this...? I think there are more than two hundred pairs in the booklet alone?

I'm not a centipede, how do I wear all those shoes?!

I took turns looking at the shoemaker's and Dean's faces, who were writing down the order form, but there seemed to be no sign of a large-scale order being withdrawn between them.

Even this didn't seem to be the end. The person on the far left, sitting quietly, broke his silence with a sad face as if he had waited for a long time.

“Now it is my turn. May I show you?"

I didn't even answer. He quickly opened the large wooden box as Dean shook his head.

At the same time, an unstoppable exclamation broke out. I was dazzled and I shut my eyes tightly.

Enjoy, I know I am c:

11. royalrose1

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pumping out hopefully easier to understand/ read translations. Keep the raws coming, I cant wait to read more c: Please check out the pictures associated with the novel here

https ://m.blog.naver.c om/ fkdla2016/ 221600331168 (Delete the 4 spaces)

Please note: I have corrected names and places to match the webtoons. (ect. Hardy/Hardi has been turned into Hadi)

Episode 35. My dad's feathers are the most colorful
    "Wow, it's really pretty! It's sparkling!"

As a crow drawn to the shine, Rotizen, who was always quiet, exclaimed in a loud voice. I simply stared at the countless jewels in the box and the face of the man who held them out.

"Come pick them up. They are all the best." He said but it was clear he didn't even dare to reach out.

Compared to these splendid ornaments unfolding before my eyes, the necklace I bought at the auction of Mrs. Maxnare's memento was just a children's toy.

“Daisy?”
    As I sat quietly, the man tilted his head, wondering if it was strange. Then he pushed the box closer.

Oh, it's dazzling.....

At that moment, a familiar laughter was heard from the side. It was Dean.
    When I turned my head, he looked at me and smiled softly. He gently raised his hand, nailing his gaze to me. The gesture was somehow ominous, and he was afraid to think about it, and his mouth opened.

“Everything here…”

“Oh!" I jumped up from my seat as if a spring had been hung from my leg.

"Wow! This is so pretty! This one please!"

What I urgently pointed out was a pair of earrings studded with blue jewels.

"Ah, these sapphire earrings. You are very discerning. This is the most exclusive of the ones I've come across, and the bright and pretty colors suit everyone of all ages."

The man grinned and carefully pulled it out with his gloved hand.
    Then he suddenly held the box out to me again.

“And?”

"Yes?"

“What else?”

“I, that’s enough for me.”

Then, the face of the man who had blinked his eyes for a moment suddenly darkened noticeably.
    "I’m sorry. I didn't know you had a high eye. If you give me one more chance, even if I search all over the empire, I can find better things…”

"No!"

I was startled by his hoarse voice and reached for his hand.

“It’s not…! I prefer one-point accessories...!”

"Oh?"

At that time, Pierta, who was eagerly looking at the earrings I had chosen, lit up her eyes and chattered.

“Daisy, this looks like the ocean we went to!”

"Yeah, right. I think so too."

I smiled broadly and quickly looked away from the jewel box. I felt a look of disapproval from the side, but he didn't look at me at all.

"Ugh, ah, oh my gosh."

A groan came out of her mouth. Beads of sweat were dripping down from her forehead. 'Can't we just go to the ball?' The sound reached the end of his throat. I thought it would be difficult to choose dresses and accessories, but now that was the easiest part.

But no matter how much I asked to take a break, they didn't bat an eye. They were teachers who had been invited on an emergency basis. Dancing, etiquette, etc, I had to sweat every day to complete all the courses with outstanding results.

“Now, shall we try again?”

"Yes....”

They only spoke politely, but they held no sympathy.

Today alone, I continued to practice dancing for half a day without taking a break. It would be tolerable if only my legs hurt, but the problem was that I was about to break at the waist.

“I’m good at dancing too.”

The chestnut that had been sticking to me abruptly got up and spun around like a top. Although her chubby butt was twitching, it was a more flexible and natural gesture than I thought.

"Oh my, you're really good!"

The teacher clapped his hands in great admiration.
    It wasn't a surprise for Daisy. In fact, she was a female heroine who danced very gracefully in the original work. Prince Edward fell in love at first sight.
    A little excited at her praise, chestnuts showed me the movement I had been practicing the whole time. She made a smooth turn, and it was perfect with a slight tilt back.

“Look, Daisy. This is how you do it.”

She opened her mouth while watching her dance of chestnuts, and somehow she felt a chill next to her. As she slowly turned her head, her teacher approached her and smiled.

“Now, it looks like you’ve had enough rest, so let’s try it again, shall we?”

No, I'm just starting to rest now....

Her smile seemed light and soft, as if it was blown away by the spring breeze, but when she taught, she was close to the devil.
    This makes me wonder if I would even be able to walk on the day of the prom. I finally nodded my head reluctantly, trying to hold back tears.

After the hellish hard training period, the day of the ball had arrived.

The mansion that I had come from in the morning was crowded as a street market. There was still a lot left until the time for the social event to start, but many people had already visited the duke's residence since dawn.

Wagons were lined up not only in the designated place inside, but also outside the gate of the official residence.

Even though I didn't sleep well, I didn't even feel sleepy. The hectic morning hours flew by.

Rich, glamorous, and cute, this dress was unanimously agreed upon by the tailors and everyone in the mansion as the best fit. The one I chose was a light blue dress covered in gold detail. Of course, it was also my favorite dress.

“Okay, this is the last time. Please sit here for a moment."

As soon as I carefully tucked my hips into the chair, the grooming maids rushed back and forth adding on to the outfit. They had moved her bangs, and her face was completely revealed.

When I looked in the mirror, I was startled. "Uh...?"

There were necklaces and bracelets studded with the same jewels as the earrings I had chosen. I don't remember choosing these, where the hell did it all come from? In addition, a gorgeous headdress studded with silver flowers and small blue jewels.

I was too unfamiliar with myself in the mirror. My heart, which had barely calmed down, began to pound again. After letting the maids out, I looked around the dressing room for a while. The room was filled with new clothes that had never been worn before. There was also a lot of jewelry and shoes. It hurts my head trying to think about how much this all cost.

I stood for a moment and took a few deep breaths before I could take a step. It was the first time I had worn such an elegant dress, so it was a little uncomfortable, but not to the point where I couldn't move.

When I went down to a separate drawing room on the first floor, I heard constant nagging from there.

"No! No, Dad. It's not a pretty color."

“You said you liked indigo earlier."

“Can we try on the white one again?”

“I think that would be good too.”

After hesitating for a while outside, I sneakily went inside. At the same time, two pairs of wide-eyed eyes stared at me with admiration.

“Wow, Daisy! Soooooooo AWESOME!"

“You look very good.”

“thank you……” Embarrassed, I searched for a place to put my eyes. Just then, Dean came out from behind the partition, buttoning her sleeves. Our eyes immediately met.

“Dad! Look at Daisy!”

He, too, was dressed in perfect uniform. A white jacket with colorful patterns embroidered on the collar brightened his face.

I quickly held my breath for a moment. My heart was beating wildly.
    It was a little chilly thanks to the thin fabric, but now it's so hot that I want to take off the shawl that I'm wearing over my shoulders. Besides, I thought I had adapted to the dress to some extent, so why do I feel uncomfortable again?

"Dad, Daisy is cool, isn't she?"

He heard the question, but he just stared at me without answering.

Then he turned around and quickly entered the dressing room again. “……What should I wear next?”

For a long time after that, he went round and round like a princess in a fairy tale, repeatedly putting on and taking off dozens of clothes.
    It went on for what felt like a week, the Duke unable to leave the partition

Finally, with a tired face, Dean shook his head.

“Pierta, Hadi. Stop it, and I'm sorry, but I'm not the main character of the social event..."

“Of course, the main character has no problem. The problem is the Duke.”

"Yeah, the problem is Dad."

"What? Me?"

Dean asked with a frown on his forehead as if he was getting a little tired.

“What is the matter? How?"

Just as Pierta was about to respond, someone entered the room with a knock. It was a tailor who was busy going back and forth between the carriage and the mansion. He had an enormous amount of luggage in his hands.

The most striking among them were the black jacket embroidered with gold thread and the trousers that fell neatly in a straight line. The fabric is luxurious and bright without being too bold.

It was different from the clothes I had seen before. Even though it was achromatic, it was so colorful and beautiful that it was truly exclamatory.

“I have prepared a number of gloves, shoulder decorations, and neck decorations.” Apparently, the tailor was fed up with going back and forth countless times.

At that time, Hadi, who was thoroughly examining everything, shone.
    “This is it.”

He pulled something out at once. It was a collar with a blue brooch and white gloves.
    Then, the chestnut, also excited and jumped up from their seat.

"Do this, Dad do this!"

"But no matter how you think about it..." Dean rubbed his chin with a slightly embarrassed expression. "I think it's much more than usual."

"No. Duke. You have to do that."

"That's right, Dad! You should do that!"

Hadi and Chestnut shook their heads at the same time to cut off Dean's complaints.

Hadi even jumped in and drove him towards the partition. “Come on, let me help you.”

In the end, he could not overcome Hadi's torch and disappeared again. As soon as the two of them disappeared into the partition, the chestnut exhaled a sigh and grabbed something from the back of the sofa. I crept closer and leaned against the armrest of the sofa. A small book was held in the child's hand.

"Pierta, what is that?"

“Just. A book that Hadi recommended.” Chestnuts answered, still keeping her eyes fixed on the book.

"Hadi? It looks like a lot of fun to read that you brought it all the way here."

I was curious to see what kind of book it was and stretched out my hand.

However, the chestnut , who would normally comply and hand over the book, slid her hips to the back of the sofa and sat down and shook her head.

"It's nothing. It's just a book."

“What?” I asked without much thought, but it makes me even more curious to hide it so blatantly.

After a while I retreated. Then, pretending not to be interested, as if looking elsewhere, stretched out a little and glanced at the book Pierta was holding. But it was just a really common children's picture book. I quickly read the title of the book written in the corner.

'Let's Find Out The Characteristics of Animals.'

On the page Pierta opened, there was a picture of a peacock trimming its colorful feathers with its beak. I slowly read down the words written under the picture. 'The male peacock is diligently adorning his colorful and beautiful feathers for a courtship dance. You should be able to lure your mate with these colorful feathers.

"Daisy, Daisy, Is there anything missing?"

Even as they chased us out to the front door to see us off, the chestnuts were buzzing non-stop.

“Are you wearing jewels in your ears? Did you take care of her gloves too?"

"Huh. I got it all. do not worry."

Outside the front door, a carriage was waiting. Dean swept the chestnuts' thick hair before getting into the wagon.

"Pierta, can you have a good time with Hadi while Daddy and Daisy are away? Don't make a fuss, and don't be too rude to Hadi."

Chestnuts pouted her lips and said, "I just turned seven, so I don't get into trouble. That's what babies do."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me, ignoring Dean's burst of laughter.

“Daisy, Daisy.”

"Yes?"

I leaned over and put her ear near Pierta's mouth. Then the child whispered in a very serious voice.

“You can’t follow strangers, okay? Never eat anything from someone you don't know. Especially if a man you don't know comes and shows you a dance, you should never see him."

At the last words, I couldn't help but be absurd. You punk. What are you talking about? I smiled and stretched the soft cheeks of the chestnut. Then the child protested in that state as if it were unfair.

"That's not it."

"Huh?"

“Because Daisy is so pretty today……”

Then Dean asked with a voice full of laughter.
    "Pierta, what about your dad? Are you saying I'm not pretty
    "Dad? Yes... yes, so pretty. Uh... Daddy will be fine. Because we worked hard." Pierta said intermittently, as if she wasn't sure about something. There was also misery and determination in her eyes.

Then Hadi approached and held Pierta in his arms.
    "Then, have a safe trip, two of you. I'll be taking good care of the miss, so don't worry."
    Then he greeted me with a trembling voice, as if holding back her laughter, and bowed his head lightly.

"Have fun and enjoy."

"Dad! Cheer up! You have to dance well!" Pierta exclaimed in an excited voice.

In the end, Dean had to turn around without even hearing the plausible praise of the night. As I was about to get on the carriage with the escort, I heard a murmur behind me.

"My dad's feathers should be the most colorful and pretty..." It was the voice of a chestnut full of worries. Flamboyant feathers? What feathers? I stopped walking. Perhaps, the male peacock's feathers in the book? I was still confused. I think I'll know if I dig a little more, but if I reach out a little more, I think I can reach their tactics!

When I didn't intend to take a step, Dean, who was escorting, stopped and asked. "What's wrong?"

“No. It's nothing." I shook my head and got into the carriage.
    The suspicion, which had been amplified, quickly left my mind

Dean grumbled in a low voice as soon as he got into the carriage. Somehow, his face looked a little paler than yesterday.
    I laughed quietly because I knew how it felt. "How about taking a break while we go?" He nodded and slowly closed his eyes.

I had never been to the Imperial Palace, but I knew where it was. The inside of the carriage seemed a little cramped, so I opened the window a little. As the cool wind poured in, my head felt refreshed. Looking at the trees passing by the window, I closed my eyes gently. It made it easier tp calm down the slight palpitations, which had been growing bigger and bigger since earlier.

Then, suddenly, something surprising touched my wrist. I opened my eyes in surprise and looked at my wrist. Something I had never seen before was now wrapped around.

"Ah."

It was a bracelet studded with numerous brilliant diamonds. It was then familiar, it was the brightest item in the box the jeweler showed me the other day.

She tried to turn her burning face away, and stared at her wrist. The bracelet he added went so well with the sapphire accessory he was wearing. I licked my lips as I looked at his hand slowly returning to his side.

"Hey, this is..."

But then he closed his eyes again and brought his index finger to his lips.

In the end, I said in a very low voice, as if on fire.

“thank you."

Then, his lips gently drew arcs. At that moment, the light of the sunset that was pouring in through the window spread over his soft smile.
    An indescribable feeling enveloped my whole body. My heart was pounding so hard that I felt dizzy.

Episode 36. Your first dance
    As the palace drew closer, numerous carriages passed by in a row. In addition, my tension gradually increased in size.

"ha....”

He pressed his hand on his face, which seemed to have hardened, and my eyes met with Deon. I was embarrassed and laughed awkwardly.

“I’m a little nervous.”

"It's okay. I will always be by your side." He spoke in a calm voice. He said it was okay, so it seemed really okay. There seemed to be warmth in the corner of my chest. However, apart from being relieved, the excitement did not subside.

I asked, impatiently, as I shifted a little more towards Dean. “Didn’t you say you’ve attended this ball several times?”

As if surprised by my slightly enraged voice, he raised his eyebrows slightly and nodded his head.

"Then you must have met the royal family too?"

"Yes. His Majesty the Emperor often attends audiences whenever there is an event, not just the ball.

"Then the second prince? Prince Edward Chester, who is seven years old this year."

He thought about my words for a moment, then frowned and said.
    "Prince Edward... Well. He is still a child, maybe only once or twice. The second Prince, Prince Glenn Brenterr, was recently. 2 years ago, when I attended the Coming-of-Age ceremony of the 1dst Emperor

But my interest was not the first prince. I clasped the skirt of the dress tightly and buried myself deep in the seat.

“Oh, I’m really looking forward to it.”

"Which?"

"To be able to meet the second prince! I never dreamed that a day like this would come."

As I spoke out loud, my heart raced even more. It's a pity that he's still a kid, but anyway, he's a male actor I made.

“My male character, the future Prince Edward, always wears long hair neatly tied together. Oh, and his eyes are also emerald. It's a bright impression. Of course, it's a story in terms of looks..."

At the moment she was making a lot of noise, she quickly shut her mouth because she wanted to miss it. She had become too immersed. Dean was just staring at me with a subtle expression on his face.

I was a little humbled and muttered in a small voice.
    "I'm the person who put a lot of affection into it..."

Prince Edward was close to a lovely large dog in his appearance. Despite his appearance, he was a sensitive and demanding tyrant.

Then Dean said in a hoarse voice.
    "The description reminds me of Prince Glenn."

"Really?"

“An older brother, 15 years older than Prince Edward, who is still young.”

“Uh, really?”

Come to think of it, the first prince's name must have been Glenn Brenter, right?

“Then the first prince also has emerald eyes? Is his hair brown too?"

Instead of answering, Dean just nodded. The feeling that had subsided a little because I was ashamed of overdoing it began to rise again without any countermeasures. I thought I would have to wait 15 more years to see the real Edward that I painstakingly created.

Well, they might look a lot alike because they're brothers! It was a bit disappointing that I couldn't see the real Edward I made, but I'm really glad that I can see it even though it's similar."

"......Well."

Seeing me starting to babble again after losing control of my excitement, Deon just threw a blunt word and closed his eyes. He even crossed his arms.

Are you that tired....?

There were a lot of things I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to make you any more tired, so I held it in. Just then, the high spires of the imperial palace began to appear out of the window.

"Wow! How many are there?"

Unlike Pontiful, where the colorful and wealthy villages lined up facing the sea, the capital looked pretty cute. While the small buildings were standing tall, the palace, which stood tall alone, looked more colorful and high.

“Thirty-seven? No, it's thirty-eight."

I mumbled to myself and kept sitting and getting up over and over again. My heart was pounding and my heart was pounding, and I couldn't just sit still. Finally, as he opened his eyes and looked at her, Deon opened his mouth.

“If you keep shaking the wagon, you will crash us.”

Then he quietly pulled me back and sat me down again. He looked at his face and smiled, and in the end he laughed too.
    But the feeling of excitement as if flying in the sky plummeted into anxiety. An overwhelming tension filled me.
    "Welcome Duke of Henstone."

It was a symptom that started immediately after the servant, standing at the entrance, politely greeted him and opened the big door. In fact, the castle was not as big as it looked from the outside. Besides, I even thought that it was rather dark because I was used to the bright interior of the Duke’s house, where there are many glass windows.

In fact, I only vaguely imagined the appearance of the imperial palace, but I had never written it in detail in a book. The reason why I didn't pay attention even after I was reincarnated, was that I thought it would be impossible to enter the imperial palace at a time when I was born as a small citizen. Now seeing it with my own eyes, I was speechless.

A huge chandelier shone brilliantly, and the long corridor was lined with luxurious marble statues.
    Most of the paintings adorning the walls were heavy oil paintings, but even I, who is not familiar with paintings, seemed to be historical and excellent works. The Imperial Palace, indeed, was much more grandiose and old-fashioned than I had expected.

Even the floor was all marble, and it was naturally worn and shiny. How many people must have walked through this hallway.

It was then that I began to realize that I was really in the Imperial Palace.
    Perhaps because of tension, the limbs on the same side kept rising at the same time with each step. My gait became more and more awkward, to the point where a creak could be heard. I couldn't even remember how I usually walked.

"It's okay."

Then Dean gently patted my hand on his arm.

Then, at once, he pointed to somewhere with his chin and brought out an outrageous story.

“Can you see it? Over there, the third statue from the left."

"Where? Oh, the boy with the basket of grapes?"

He nodded at my words. "Last year, Baron Delow's eldest son turned 20 and attended this ball for the first time..."

They paused for a moment next to the statue carrying grapes in a lively motion, and he pointed to a bunch of grapes trying to escape out of the basket.

"He was so nervous that he hit his head right here. The sound of the hit was so loud that he had everyone's attention.”

“Huh, really?”

"Yeah. The doctor was called and there was a commotion. I never knew a lump swelled up so quickly."

Oh my gosh.... I groaned and closed my eyes tightly.

“Hey, so what happened to him?”

“Well, he said he’s coming today, so meet him in person and ask.”

I could see the corners of his mouth lifted slightly. Then I glanced at him with a sudden rise in doubt.
    “……Is that a lie? Are you telling me this just to tease me?
    "
    Then he frowned a bit exaggeratedly, as if he was unfair.

“You don’t believe me.”

I finally laughed out loud. But Dean became un-phased and continued the story again with a clever face.

“Can you see the corridor over there?”

"Yes."

“Originally, there was a pond at the end of it, “Years ago, a young girl fell into that pond. They said she stepped on their own skirt and tripped. I mean, that's what I heard.” If that is true, it is a black history that will never be forgotten. I stopped kicking my tongue out of pity.

"But what happened to the pond?”

“Because of that incident, it is now completely filled. Instead, They planted roses ,it's very beautiful. Shall we go together later?"

I nodded and Dean continued to talk about the events that took place at the imperial ball. As I listened to it, my tension was relieved without realizing it. I felt a hand stroking the back of my hand. Looking up carefully, Dean was smiling much brighter than usual.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I’m sure it’ll be fun."

It was clear that he recalled and talked about ridiculous incidents to relieve my tension. The anxiety that had overflowed in me until a while ago disappeared as if washed away. It was as if Dean had done some magic.

As soon as we entered the banquet hall, silence fell for a moment.
    Everyone, even the musicians who were playing the song, stopped and looked at this. Feeling like I was about to get a hiccup, I quickly took a deep breath.

Unlike the slightly dark and heavy hallway, the inside of the banquet hall was dazzlingly bright. The walls were filled with colorful decorations that each symbolized the numerous domains of the empire.

At first glance, I heard that the imperial power was falling day by day, but in this way, the imperial family was still the empire itself.

The majestic atmosphere of the imperial palace and its splendid grandeur were fully felt. The thought of me standing in the middle, not anyone else, made me feel nervous again. Her mouth was dry and her fingertips were cold. But whether or not he knows how I feel, Dean just seemed calm.

The movement of taking off his gloves and giving it to the attendant who was beside him, taking a glass of wine and handing it to me was comfortable and natural as if we were at home.

“Duke Henstone! So nice to see you.”

“Oh, my lord. It's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Finally, someone has come to light up the ball."

No sooner than grabbing a glass of wine, the nobles dressed in the most luxuriously dressed politely greeted us as if they had been waiting.

It seemed to show what it was like to express joy vigorously but not lose elegance. But even for a moment, their eyes flocked to one place as expected, me.

“I think it’s the first time I’ve met this person……” Someone asked carefully.

Trying to hide my trembling, I grabbed the hem of my skirt and carefully bent my knees. Before coming here, it was the same movement that I had learned countless times from the etiquette teacher.

Dean introduced me briefly, “She is the spirit of the Heidi family."

The nobles who heard this introduction were confused. “The Heidi family?" “It’s the first time I’ve heard of such a family.”

With a calm voice, Deon cut off all the buds of doubt, “As a famous family in the Utena region, we have been interacting with the Henstone family for a long time.”

Even if there are still doubts, they will not be able to argue about a family he says he's been involved with for a long time. By the way, wait, if it's in the Utena region... Isn't that the place Deon went to when he was away from home for a day?

I admired Dean again. Rather than telling a spontaneous lie, it was scripted from the time he spent in the area.

However, unlike his calm and skillful voice, his eyes were strangely cold. There was a sign that he didn't like something. Perhaps I was not the only one who could feel the atmosphere.
    The wives standing next to their husbands rushed to my side. They started talking to me in a very gentle voice.
    “It is such an honor to meet you. Daisy Heidi.”

"By the way, the outfits of the two of you look really good together. Did you match them in blue?"

Then I took a closer look at Dean's and my clothes. I was too busy to even think about it, but the colors of my dress and Dean's accessories that Hadi picked out were very similar. I realized the truth behind what they said. Embarrassment came suddenly. But Dean didn't say anything and just chuckled.

If you smile like you're shy, you really look like you've been wearing a couple outfit on purpose! No, say something. Duke.....!! I secretly glared my eyes at him. The crowd was already twice as large as before, so he didn't seem to notice my gaze.

He didn't stop meeting new people. She was on the verge of overloading her head with how many people she had been introduced to all at once.

The name alone was difficult, but after being given a title, it felt as if my memorization ability was being tested. But I didn't have to talk to everyone afterwards so it wasn’t a big concern.

It was when a young man who was small, slender, and a little slender, spoke politely. With a somewhat exaggerated expression, he even handed me the words of concern.
    “Is it the famous city of Utena? Oh my, I didn't know. How are you with the landslide this year? The place is famous for being difficult to access because of the rough terrain, so it must have been an inconvenience all the time."

“Ah, yes. It could be bad but we made it work.” I replied timidly and shook my head quickly.

Come to think of it, I also heard that Utena had many isolated families in the area. Maybe that's why Dean introduced me from there? If families at the ball had little interaction with Utena families, it made sense to not know specifics.

"In order to increase exchanges, the road from the capital to Utena must be repaired as soon as possible. It is very deplorable that it is difficult to meet a Utena family without a social event like this. So, I..."

The man poured out his words without interruption. In fact, I didn't even listen to half of it because I was worried that I might say something wrong.

It was Dean who mercilessly cut off his horse.

“Thank you for your concern. Well then, come on."

His attitude was so cold that I thought it might be rude. Besides, he even wrapped his arms around my shoulder and turned around. I walked along with him and asked quietly.

“Who was that?”

“ He's a baron from a certain province, It’s okay if you don’t know the name.”

"Why?"

"Because he’ll never see you again."

It was then that I found out that he had someone else to introduce me to.

There is no way to know what that standard is. One thing is certain, he has always clearly been able to distinguish between those who could be close and those who were not, through countless trials and errors. Especially when there were not only good people in the world.

I was grateful that Dean put that experience to good use for me. At the same time, my confidence began to spring up little by little. It seemed like everything would be fine if he stayed with me.
    I got used to the focus of the dazzling light to some extent. People's eyes were still fixed on me. Each time our eyes met, I smiled slightly, and most of them hurriedly averted their gaze first.

“You seem to have gotten used to it now."

Dean looked at me and smiled for a second. We were all out of the middle of the hall.

“Are you feeling any better?”

“Yes, Thank you.”

His tone was playful, but his face was serious. She kept smiling at his compliments.

Just then, soft music played. The melody with an elegant yet light tempo was very beautiful. It's time to dance.

“Finally, this is the last hurdle.”

The hours of intense practice, sweating like rain, flashed through my mind. The chestnut who danced with their butt fluttering in front of me. Thinking of that scene, a smile came out again.

At that moment, Dean opened his mouth in a cautious voice.

“I have a question…”

"Yes?"

"Before you came here, so... Have you ever had this kind of experience in your previous life?"

I laughed out loud at the slightly random question and shook my head.

“A ball? Not at all. Well, there were a few, but it wasn't anything this grand."

"This is the first dance I've ever danced."

His oily eyes twinkled. It was a pleasant smile. Then he stood up straight in front of me and slowly reached out his hand.

“Won't you dance with me?"

The playful appearance just a second ago was replaced with a serious one. He was looking straight at me, not even blinking. At some point, the music seemed to stop. All sounds were turned off as my heart pounded over it. Dean's face filled my vision as if it was just the two of us in the banquet hall. I nodded slowly and grabbed his outstretched hand.

Soon, long, beautiful fingers wrapped around my fingers warmly.

Episode 37. It's rude!
    The moment I grabbed her hand, Dean pulled me lightly. My forehead touched his chest.

“You don’t have to be nervous.”

A low voice encouraged me, but I kept my gaze down and bit my tongue. I was afraid that he would find out about this beating all over my body.

Then Dean gently lifted the tip of my chin. Suddenly, I met his blue eyes.

“You have to look into their eyes to get the signal to start dancing.”

I swallowed dry saliva and nodded my head.
    The couples who were standing next to each other began to take steps rhythmically.

For some reason, it seems that we are the only ones standing still and looking at each other, so I asked with a little doubt.

"When do we start...?"

Then his lips twitched slightly. He laughed out loud right away, his eyes fixed on my face,

He was teasing me...!

For a moment, my face heated up, but I tried my best to respond as if nothing was wrong.

“Even if I step on you, please understand. I'm a beginner."

"Of course. You can step on it.”

The dance teacher limped out after class, but he didn't know that. I smiled to myself as I saw him reciprocating with ease. He naturally began to lead me. As I adjusted to it, my feet moved spontaneously and gently.

Of course, the only thing he could lead was my feet, the rest of my body was stiff as a board. His body kept getting stronger, and sometimes when he slightly tilted his upper body, she could feel his arm giving him a lot of power.

Even though I knew that fact, I couldn't concentrate on dancing all the time. There were too many things to worry about. Things like his hand wrapped around her waist or the breath that brushed over her forehead.

I couldn't find a place to put my eyes, so I looked up at the tip of his chin. It wasn't until my eyes stunged that I realized I had forgotten to blink and glared at his chin.

Still, I thought it would be covered up because there were so many couples around, but I was wrong. Because dancing wasn't just about dancing in this world.

“Oh my gosh.”

“To see Duke Henstone dancing!”

Exclamations of exclamation were heard from all over the place whenever they walked around the venue, fluttering the hem of a rich lace skirt. Even the non-dancing people's eyes were only on Dean and me. It was as if deliberately not participating in order to watch us. But mainly to watch the Duke dance.

In their eyes, we seemed to be dancing quite plausible.

However…

“I’m really sorry."
    "It's okay."
    “Oh, my God. In addition!"

Eventually, a groan escaped from his mouth. To be honest, it must have been really painful. Because I stepped on his foot seven times in these heels. With all my effort, it was never intentional.

I looked up at him with a very apologetic expression on my face.

"I studied hard, but it's probably my first time in practice... There are too many people."

“I am prepared to be stepped on a hundred times.”

Dean's face even looked very wretched, looked like if he was to die he would go down leading me. It would have been nicer if the song wasn't long enough to fill 100 years.

A little sorry for Dean who endured the pain... I gradually fell in love with dancing. Every time I gave strength to my toes and turned my body, a rich dress unfolded, and the more I looked at it, the more excited I was.
    As I got used to the movement, my eyes and ears that had been tightly closed were more awakened.

The song that is being played now is the song that the teacher taught me to die. To a familiar rhythm, my feet gradually began to move quite skillfully.

I think I'm getting the hang of it! I couldn't overcome the joy and pride that leaked out, so I smiled brightly at Deon.

“They are such a beautiful couple.”

"That's right, like blue swans."

From the side of the women who were sitting in their chairs and resting, a voice of exasperation was heard. And I was the only one wearing blue clothes here.

At that moment, I met the gaze that looked at me softly. My heart kept racing and I laughed. I rolled my eyes as I spoke in a playful tone.

“Fortunately, it doesn’t look bad.”

"Yeah, you're getting good at it. Learning hard is worthwhile."

It felt like he had forgotten that I had stepped on him at all. Maybe it was because he was prepared for hundreds, but I only stepped on his toes about ten times.

The music changed, and he pulled me into a hug once again. Unlike the previous songs that were upbeat, a very slow and sweet tempo filled the hall. We were so close that I could barely breathe. An uncontrollable heat spread through the clasped hands.

“This is hard isn't it? Aren't you tired?”

He laughed quietly, “I’ve never had this much fun in my life.”

It was the same for me. A pleasant tickling sensation spread throughout my body. Something I've never felt before. It filled my head and chest.

“Ha. This is good too.”

After dancing, I drank cool champagne and the night air was refreshing.

There were a few small mistakes, but I was having so much fun I didn't care.

“This wine is really good.”

I pour every last drop into my mouth. Dean, leaning against the railing of the terrace, laughed out loud.

“It’s the wine in the mansion’s warehouse. We can have even more back at the mansion."

I smiled and nodded and set the empty glass down on the table. Dean was truly the perfect partner. He cared about me, neither too much nor too little. Without him, she certainly would not have been able to adapt so quickly.

Thanks to you, I was enjoying the ball with my whole body. It's the first time I've had an experience like this, so it was overwhelming.

In the cool breeze, I remembered what he had taught me earlier.
    that the imperial family will come out soon to welcome the guests,
    Then you will be able to meet the second prince.

I'm a little worried about the fact that Edward, who was destined to meet the chestnut, is the Crown Prince, but with Dean, he seemed to find a way around somehow. At that moment, the terrace door suddenly opened and a raucous voice poured out.

"Where are you, here you are!"

When I turned around in surprise, there were a lot of people with their eyes shining brightly at us. To be precise, towards Dean. We said hello to each other at the reception party, and the first appearance was over.

Now, after seeing the appearance of the royal family together, I heard that all that was left was to eat, drink, dance and chat happily. Could it be that all those people came to chat?

Before we could even react, we were surrounded in an instant. All kinds of compliments and offers poured in from the people who surrounded them like a wall.

"It was such a wonderful dance."

“Heidi-sama, I’d like to have a cup of tea on the second floor and chat with you later, would you mind attending?”

Apparently, there were a lot of wives who came to talk to me.
    I was so embarrassed that all I could do was laugh awkwardly.

Meanwhile, more and more people in the hall began to flock to the terrace. It was hard to even hear the various voices pouring in from here and there.
    When I glanced back, it was the same with Dean. No, it was worse than that.

Unlike me, he started and ended the conversation, leading the conversation the whole time. He must have been trained from going through this kind of situation countless times already. Therefore, it may be natural that I still haven’t been able to overcome his words from the first time we met.

There were a lot of people who came to ask and answer questions about the current situation, but there seemed to be a lot of people who wanted to tell Dean a really important story. Well, considering the number of businesses Dean has been running and how many of his partners are, it seemed only natural.

I gently glanced at him. He immediately noticed, about to approach, but quickly shook his head violently.
    'I'll be out for a bit.'

Dean pondered for a moment as his mouth conveyed his intentions, and then nodded his head. He will be here soon.

I quickly turned around. My legs hurt and I was suddenly tired. I wanted to rest quietly alone in the absence of people for a while.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sorry!"

I was about to walk towards the door to see if I could go out to the garden. I almost ran into someone rushing from the other side. Looking at the clothes, they appear to be maids working in the castle. Sweat forming on their forehead, they looked very alert.

“Oh, it’s alright.”

I quickly stepped aside. They exchanged quick words with each other with serious faces.

“They’re not here, so let’s go to the second floor.”

"Okay, then I'll look for the first floor again. You have to hurry."

Then, at a very high speed, they dispersed in unison.

I had my doubts for a while, but it quickly left my mind. I wanted to get out of there before someone else came and talked to me again.

As I quickly walked down the hallway for a moment, I saw that a small door was opened very slightly. As I pushed the door out, the fresh air rushed in.

Marble pillars as tall as me were scattered in places, and the rose vines that climbed the pillars were filled with red flowers. However, the scale was not large, so it seemed a bit unreasonable to call it a garden.

Look around carefully. I found the stairs to the corridor on the other side.

"Ah, I wonder if there was a pond here...?"

Seeing that there was a round groove on the edge of the ground, Dean seemed to be right. The same pond where a young lady once fell into.

Anyway, it was very quiet here, and there was even a bench to rest for a while. It was perfect

I slumped down on the white bench, letting out a sigh of relief. I opened the cute velvet pocket I was wearing on my waist. There was a lot of little chocolate inside that she got from a servant on the terrace.

When I took one out and put it in my mouth and muttered it, the tangy sweetness spread throughout my mouth.

"Ah. I think I'll live now."

She savored the sweetness with the tip of her tongue and admired the roses in full bloom under the moonlight. A cool breeze blew from time to time, and the scent of flowers that brushed the tip of his nose grew stronger each time. In addition, the sound of music was heard from behind, along with the constant chatter.

It was the moment when I was about to pour out everything left in my pocket into my mouth with vain thoughts.

A small sob was heard from somewhere.

The hairs all over her body stood upright, and her heart began to pound. With goosebumps on my scalp, I swallowed what was in my mouth without chewing it. As I stood slumped and listened for a moment, holding my breath, the sound became clearer than before.

This was definitely a cry of a child? Who was it? I carefully looked around the garden.

She looked into the bushes and pillars as she walked towards the sound.
    She almost would have been screaming in surprise. It was behind the fifth pillar she found the back of the child, hugging their knees and burying their head.

She calmed her startled heart and carefully opened her mouth, causing the child to jump.
    “Why are you doing this here, huh?”

Then the child abruptly got up and rubbed his eyes.
    It was only their back, but seeing the details flowing from their clothes, they had to be a noble child.

“Are you here with your mother? Did you lose your mother?"

Who the hell brought her child to the Imperial Palace social event? Besides, if you bring it, you should take good care of it. It was the moment when she was about to comfort, a rather shrill voice came out of the child's mouth.

“Wow, that’s rude!”

“Who are you to treat me as a child?”

In embarrassment, only her eyes blinked, and the child finally turned.
    “I- I was resting here! Get out now."

Still with tears in her eyes, standing with her hands on her waist with a fair amount of pride. Who is this cheeky kid?

Just then, the clouds that had covered the night sky receded. The child was softly lit up in the bright moonlight. What caught my eye was a boy with a rather serious face and his chin raised. The child's brown hair fluttered in the wind. The twinkling green eyes pierced my eyes, no, my mind intensely.

I hope, I hope...

I covered my mouth and looked down at the child again. Is this the 2nd Prince Edward? Could this really be him?!

“I, over there….. Really, that……”

Embarrassment, excitement, and emotion soared at the same time, so I could not speak properly and my mouth was open.

Then I heard people screaming from behind. Then the child became contemplative and hurriedly looked around. He looked desperate as if he was being chased.

“Hey, who is there? Huh?" Someone shouted

"Yes? Where the hell…” She said looking around

“Over there over the fence!” The place the child was pointing to was blocked by a wall the size of my height, so I couldn't see anything.

“Come out now!” The only thing I could hear for sure was that they were getting closer and closer.

I smiled awkwardly and scratched the tip of my nose. “The wall is too high for me to see over.”

“It's useless! You’re useless!” The child clicked his tongue and scolded me. It was so crazy that I almost burst out laughing. You little brat, she thought, was going to be a tyrant she had written. Was it because they were like this since they were young?

Edward came close to me and commanded me proudly. “Listen to me!”

"Yes?"

“Lift me up! I'll give you special permission this time!"

And he stretched out his short arm and even sneered vigorously. I lifted the child as if possessed by something. A groan came out of his mouth spontaneously. There didn't seem to be much difference in height, but he was much heavier than our chestnut.

When he raised his body as hard as he could while shaking his arms, his head barely climbed above the wall. The child, who had been staring at the front for a moment, made a sound and shook his body. As soon as he was lifted from his arms, Edward mumbled as he leaned his forehead against his pole as if cylindrical.

“It’s a big deal. They’ve reached the head office. I thought they’d be busy with the prom..." A sigh full of worry escaped his lips.

“Hey, what is going on?”

"Please. Keep it a secret that you saw me here! If you keep your promise, I will reward you with a big reward in the future!" Edward said with a desperate expression as if he was about to run away.

No, but what the heck is that stern tone on someone of the same age as sweet Pierta.

Are all princes like this? Or is he already undergoing rigorous training to become the future prince? Although it still seemed a bit clumsy and pure.

As I pondered for a moment whether I should stop the prince from fleeing somewhere else, I could hear a rustling sound behind me.

“Edward, here you are.”

The child flinched at the name of Edward.

You pulled all the attention in a second” It was the voice of a very young man. It was a sweet tone with a hint of laughter rather than anger.

"Brother!"

Edward rushed towards him like the wind. When I followed the child's gaze and turned around, a man suddenly appeared and was holding the child in a flash. He hugged his younger brother with his cute, prying eyes, and he glared at me.

“You?”

Oops! I looked at him apologetically and then bowed my head politely.

"I greet you, Prince. My name is... Daisy Heidi."

“Oh, you are Heidi.” A light laugh rang in my ears.

“I really wanted to meet you.”

“Me?"

"Yes. You.”

I quietly perked my head in response to that resolute answer, even though the tone was playful.

Neatly tied, fine-grained brown hair swayed gently from her back.
    Then our eyes met. Much deeper and more intense than that of Prince Edward, the emerald-colored eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

Episode 38. When was it
    You, the first prince, wanted to meet me?

However, the 1st Prince patted the back of Prince Edward in his arms and said, ignoring my puzzled gaze. "Anyway, thank you for holding onto Edward."

Could it be that the words were meaningless? I secretly wiped my surprised face.

Then Prince Edward, who was in his arms, murmured. “Brother, I don’t want to go…”

Judging by the fact that he is crying again, it seems that there is something he does not want to do firmly. Come to think of it, it was similar to hearing that Prince Edward follows Prince 1, better than his father in the banquet hall earlier.

“It won't take long. It will be over soon."

“Is it really over soon?”

“Yes, I promise.”

As the two of them chatted affectionately, the clouds covering the moon were completely lifted. And the face of the first prince was revealed more clearly. For a moment, her breath caught in her throat.

His appearance was exactly the same as that of the second prince I had imagined. His braided brown hair was long enough to reach down to his waist when untied. His eyebrows, the exact same color as his hair, very straight, and his round eyes... The emerald-colored eyes, as if they contained the lush greenery of midsummer, gleamed colorfully every moment.

It was completely different from Dean's eyes, which were deep and quiet like a calm sea, and did not easily show emotions. Lost in my mind, I didn't even realize I was being rude, and I stared at the first prince's face for a long time. Then, when those beautiful eyes turned to me, I was startled and quickly lowered my gaze.

“Should I formally say hello back? I have a long name, but just call me Glenn. It's not good to be formal."

In front of the royal family, I was taught not to speak or move around unless I had a separate permission. But even thinking about calling him just by name was insanity. But when I didn't answer, there was silence as if waiting for an answer.

I finally stammered, holding back my tension.
    “Yes, I know your name. Prince..."

At the same time, all I could do was bow my head even more deeply, as I learned from the etiquette teacher.

“I heard you came with Duke Henstone. Is that true?"

"Yes, it is."

"Are you in the same carriage?"

“Yes, we even danced." I reluctantly answered, but somehow I felt an incomprehensible sense of incongruity at the way he spoke so casually. There's nothing wrong with it, but it wasn’t enough to stop you from being nervous.

Maybe he doesn't like Dean? But I've never heard of a bad relationship with the imperial family. Was the Henstone clan's prestige so great that they felt threatened?

At that time, when her head was about to explode due to various thoughts, he suddenly opened his mouth again.

“I have another question for you.”

“What are you going to ask?”

"When the audience is over, people flock to dance again? That's when Duke Henstone will go out again.”

“He will?"

I was speechless and blinked my eyes. No, what kind of question is the prince asking? Why are you asking this of me?

I was dazed and unable to respond, he added.

“It's amazing that the Duke of Henstone, was not only accompanied by a partner, and then dance. That is a main event right there. Do you know what the biggest problem with that is? I just missed that scene."

He wrinkled his eyebrows as if it was really unfair, and said seriously.

“So I hurriedly asked the painter of the Imperial Palace for a break. So, if you're going to dance later, I would like to be there for it. You’re going to be, right?"

So you're giving orders to watch me and Dean dance...? I started to get confused wondering if the tone was a command or a joke. Finally, I shook my head resolutely and spoke politely.

“I’m sorry, but that’s difficult. Prince.”

“Ah, don’t say that.”

It was completely different from the second prince who tried to be strict, but he was the same brother in that he was arbitrary. However, the Prince laughed out loud as if it was funny. He was so free-spirited that he just looked like any ordinary 22-year-old young man.
    “Haha, that’s really funny. I’m hardly a prince, what do I even command? Can I call you Daisy?”

Ha... Wouldn't everything you say sound like a command to others? Prince? If it wasn't for the royal family, Prince Glenn would have been forgotten. Prince Edward was too serious to be considered a child, and the 1st prince was so let go that he did not seem to be an imperial family. Mixing the two brothers would be perfect.
    Anyway, I finally decided to leave. They didn't have enough words to respond and they felt uncomfortable with each other, so it would be better to leave quickly.
    Besides, since it's been out for a while, I thought that Dean might be worried. "My apologies, my prince. I’ve been out for too long, I have to go back to the Duke now."

After speaking towards the first prince, she bowed down to the second prince who was still in his arms.
    "Oh really? I'm sorry, I wanted to talk a little more." The first prince said in a slightly softened voice, as if he was genuinely sorry.

I was trying to figure out when to get out, but the first prince doesn't seem to have the heart to let me go.

“Then let me ask you one last question... Actually, I have a question about Duke Henston..."

Then a familiar voice rang out. “Why not ask him yourself?"

It was my savior, Dean.

"Ah! Duke Henstone!" At the appearance of Dean, the 1st prince laughed without wrinkling as if he was really happy. He even made his face look innocent.

“I greet the two princes.” However, Dean was nothing but expressionless and polite. The first prince begged to be put down, and was quick to greet back formally. In fact, Prince Edward just smiled brightly and looked at the two of us, and his eyes twinkled.

Dean sighed and whispered to me, as if familiar with this look. “I was worried, so I came to find you. Shall we go?"

At those words that I waited and waited for, I nodded my head. I was a little afraid that the Prince would bring up the story of the painting again.

Dean nodded politely. “Then I’ll greet you later, Prince. Excuse me first."

“Oh, wait. Then just one more question. Huh?"
    Prince Glenn smiled a little shyly at Dean's broken greeting, but still asked.

“I heard rumors that you mobilized the Knights to slay the Dark Guild of Pontipool. It is said that the duke himself infiltrated there and that he rescued a beautiful woman.”

"It wasn't that big deal for the Prince to pay attention to."

"You know, Duke. I only believe half the rumors that I’m told. How about it? Is it true?"

In the end, when Deon reluctantly gave a brief answer, the prince's face grinning. He looked like a child who found something interesting.

“Because The Duke is involved she must have been incredible ! He must have been hiding her identity? Is that pretty woman Daisy?"

A small sigh escaped from Dean's mouth as if he was in trouble. I narrowed my eyes and glanced at Prince Glenn. In fact, it was the first time I had ever seen someone who treated Dean so bluntly. Because of the face of the imperial family, I couldn’t help but feel a little weary.

So maybe you're admiring Duke Dean Henstone? If he doesn't have hunger for the throne, it's not surprising. Besides, when you think of it that way, the excessive interest Prince Glenn showed in me is understandable. The prince was not interested in The Duke itself, but about the person Dean was accompanied by. Oh my gosh! It wasn't enough to sweep the whole country's courtship books, had did Dean stolen the heart of the first prince?

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. “I’d like to hear more about that story.”

The prince was still looking at me and Dean alternately, his eyes shining. It seemed that he would not back down until he heard an answer. Then she lowered her eyes slightly as Dean swallowed his sigh and spoke.

“I will tell you later when I have a chance. This is not the place to talk about something like that."

"Oh, yes. I made a mistake."

“And now, considering the authority of the imperial family, shouldn’t you refrain from speaking like that?”

"Hey, you know nobody cares about me."

“But there are still many eyes to see. You know that, though."

At the duke's resolute words, Prince Glenn's expression darkened. Daisy somehow seemed to see the prince’s large ears and tail drooping.

In fact, the age difference between Dean and Glenn is small, but the difference in the environment they grew up in might have made the gap between the two larger.

Even if you're a similar person, you can't be compared to Dean, who lost his older sister and raised Pierta by himself.

Then I heard a voice almost screaming from behind me. "I found the princes!" The royal servants were running, gasping as if they were out of breath at any moment.

"Oh!" The 2nd prince, startled in a moment's surprise, turned his body around as if he was about to run away. But Prince Glenn quickly grabbed the child and held tightly, patted him on the back and refused to let go. In the meantime, the royal servants quickly blocked all escape routes.

"What are you doing here! The first Prince being here too, this is not the time to be like this. You have to go and get ready! Your Majesty the Emperor is looking for you!"

In their hurry, they didn't seem to even notice the existence of me and Dean. Of course, the maids, who later noticed Dean, were surprised and bowed their heads one after another to greet him. Prince Glenn smiled softly as he comforted the weeping Prince Edward.

"Then, it's a pity, but shall we break up here? Instead, we'll see each other more kindly next time."

Then he looked back to the end and waved his hand. When our eyes met, he even gave me a quick second glance.

Really... With that kind of affinity, wouldn't it be possible to conquer the world without war? At the end of the day, I smiled softly. After that, the fun continued to flow like a dream.

There was only one thing that was different from Dean and Daisy's expectations was that Baron Delow's eldest son, Matap Master, did not attend the banquet. It was because the child was sick. Daisy sighed in disappointment for a moment, but smiled when Dean said that she would soon have a chance to meet him.

In front of the Emperor and Empress who first appeared to the audience, Daisy trembled a little with tension. Still, she was able to say hello without any mistakes, even to be able to smile gracefully in the end.

After that, people started dancing again, just as Prince Glenn said, but it was already late, close to midnight. This was because the audience was delayed because Prince Edward had disappeared.

Dean noticed that Daisy was tired and asked if she wanted to go home. She nodded her head with a really happy face. She remembered that the 1st Prince would wait, but she was so tired that she didn't even care about that. The wagon raced quickly through the deserted night streets.

"Daisy! You’re here!"

"Welcome back."

Arriving at her mansion with her weary body and as soon as she opened the door, Pierta slumped into her, eyes half-closed. Right behind her, Hadi was standing there with a sullen face.

Daisy met her Hadi's tired eyes and nodded her head, sending her sympathy. There were many times when Dean left Pierta behind, leaving Hadi just hoping that he would come back soon. Dean held his child in her astonished look.

“Pierta, haven’t you slept?”

Instead of a response, Hadi answered and pointed. Opposite the door on the first floor, there was a sofa that had not been used.

And on top of it was a pumpkin blanket dedicated to Pierta.

“Are you sure you slept here? You should sleep properly in bed."

Dean strode forward with his child in her arms. It was clear that she wanted to lie down in the bedroom. Hadi and Daisy followed suit.

“She said that she would not sleep until the two of you came. Did you enjoy the ball anyway?”

“Yes, it was so much fun. I danced a lot..."

Daisy traced her memories with ecstatic eyes, as if she was still in a dream. Pierta, who was in Dean's arms, opened her eyes, fighting to stay away.

"That's right. Dancing... Daddy, did you dance... well?" Then she yawned with her small mouth and muttered an incomprehensible sound. "And Daddy's feathers...? Pretty?"

What does she mean? Dean's eyebrows twitched upwards. But Pierta had already succumbed to a wheezing sound. Laying the sleeping child in the room, the two of them headed towards their respective rooms.

"Then just...for a moment."

"Yes?"
    He caught Daisy eyes as she turned to him at the end of the forking hallway.

Facing Daisy, who was waiting, Dean was silent for a while. After calling and not saying anything, Daisy, who was confused for a moment, finally opened her mouth with a slight blush in her ear.

"Hey, what's going on..."

“Ah." Dean said, blinking his eyes openly, seemingly perplexed. “I’m thinking of sending a tea made from mur fruit to my room. Would you like some to help you sleep?”

Surprised, Daisy shook his head. "Oh, no I'm alright”

In fact, if she wanted to drink tea, she would go down to the kitchen and drink it herself. However she was so tired that she could fall asleep at any moment.

But Dean said it again. “Everyone will be sleeping soon, so let’s drink a little and go to bed. Today was a tiring day in many ways.”

Seeing no reason to refuse his kindness twice, Daisy smiled a little awkwardly and lowered her head. “I really enjoyed today.”

“I had fun too.”

“I’ve gotten to do all these things, and it’s all thanks to you.”

“You will get used to it. We'll go to so many more events together." He was sincere. In an unusually happy voice, he said so with all his heart.

Daisy seemed to notice it too. Her large, beautiful eyes filled with curiosity. But instead of asking the question, she nodded her head proudly.

"Yes, I would like that! I've also met Prince Edward, so I'll be able to work harder."

Dean seemed to know what she was thinking. It was clear that she only accepted what he said as part of her work. But it didn't matter anyway. Because it's obvious from her mouth that she felt the same.

The corners of his lips rose gently to hers, Daisy smiled. "Well.. Goodnight."

“Goodnight"

His fingertips twitched, But he stood still, quietly watching Daisy disappear . After lingering for a long time, he couldn't find the strength to turn his back and leaned against the wall. As the tension was relieved, a sudden fatigue set in.

It was the first time he had been so nervous at a ball. He was nervous because all he wanted was to bring a smile to her face. He rubbed his face a couple of times with his hands. A trembling sigh escaped between his fingers.

It took him way too long to realize this. To see her smile, who wanted to attend the ball, he finally admitted in the wagon that was going to the distant Utena.

Duke Dean Henstone and Daisy Heidi.

A painful and sweet sigh leaked out once again.

Please Enjoy
    RR