Spoiler The villainess is happy today

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Verymildpeach

Verymildpeach Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that's how the majority of readers feel lol.... he would've been perfect

2. luanara

luanara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the ending of ogFL, crown prince, and the emperor? Did it come to light that ogFL turn back the time or whatever she did to ruin our mc or the ogVillainess? What happen to her other 'fishes'?

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  3. MessyMind

MessyMind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys discussing about whose the better male lead for the fl while here I am simping for Ian and other knights:blobpopcorn_cool::blobnosebleed:

Yukari_me and Themas like this.
  4. laffysaffy

laffysaffy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: I read the mandarin translation of the novel, but only the last 20+ chapters. So I'm missing some facts. But here's the gist of the story.

There are multiple timelines in this novel.
    Let's start with the oldest one.
    So once upon a time, the hero whom our MC admires Lia, gained immense power during this war that killed her family. With this power, she stopped the war and helped a prince who had lost power to become king. But the king betrayed her and tried to kill her.
    Except Lia had evolved into an existence beyond human comprehension, so she couldn't die. Instead, she turned back time and this time killed the king and helped another person become king.
    The new King was kind and time passed. Over time however, Lia realized that time stood still for her. She couldn't age, couldn't die. And one day she finally snapped and stabbed herself. She still wasn't able to die. So she went to the king then and told him to place her deep within the royal palace so that at least she may "sleep forever".

Unfortunately, she underestimated human greed, and as time passed the royal family learned of her and her power to turn back time and rewrite memories. So to make use of her powers, one of the emperors worked with magicians to cast a forbidden spell to remove her soul from her body, in order to turn her body into a puppet/tool that they can use to turn back time and rewrite people's memories to their advantage. However the magician warned that Lia's soul and body would attract one another, so her body just never come into contact with her soul.

Meanwhile, Lia, who is now just a disembodied soul is suffering. At first, she was merely immortal, but now she didn't even have a body, and so can't even sleep forever. She became just an eternal existence.

Eventually, she realized that in times of great unrest, especially when their throne was threatened, the royal family will always bring out her body. It was a way she could reclaim her body.

So Lia crafted a plan to throw the kingdom into disarray to reclaim her body.
    Realizing that the royal family was full of greedy assholes and the second ML's family had too much history with her, Lia chose to possess the bodies of people from the MC's family. But the bodies of people in the Kamdion family were weak AF and kept dying. Until Raylin.

Normally, because Lia's soul is so powerful and vengeful, the souls of the bodies she took over would be overwhelmed and consumed. But Raylin had an exceeding resilient soul. In taking over Raylin's body, Lia's soul fractured and forgot some memories and also her original goals of regaining her body. As a result, Lia only remembered that she wanted to become part of the royal family but not why. Meanwhile, Raylin's soul which was bidding its time to get her body back, also became fractured, and the dominant part of it slipped out and ended up in modern-day Korea.

So the MC we know of and follow in the story, who saves Haver etc is the real Raylin all along.

Now back the what I will call the "pre-book" timeline.
    In pre-book time, Raylin's body was actually occupied by Lia's fractured soul. From now on I'll refer to this Raylin as Raylin-L. In this timeline, Alice was the daughter of a declined noble family. Her family was so poor that she had to work as a maid for Raylin-L's family. But it was a huge slap to the face for a Nobel. During this time, there were two significant interactions between Raylin-L and Alice that led to Alice's hatred for Raylin-L.

The first was Raylin-L praising Alice's mannerisms, which made her feel seen and acknowledged. The second was when Alice tried to greet Raylin-L sometime AFTER this first interaction. Raylin-L was with a friend and when the friend asked if Raylin-L knows Alice, Raylin-L said she doesn't, and as they walked off they gossiped and ridiculed about how Alice was an aspirational suck-up, trying to imitate the manners and greetings of Nobel ladies etc. This really hurt Alice who felt a great amount of shame already at having to work as a nobel lady. And seeing Raylin-L live such a drastically different life from her even though they both came from nobility really triggered and broke Alice. This contrast between Raylin-L's life and her own twisted Alice and she became obsessed with hating Raylin-L and wanted to get revenge on her and take over everything Raylin-L had in life.

What I gather is that throughout history, occasionally other women in the empire would awaken powers of the spirit like Lia did and Alice became one of them. (Another person was MC's personal maid). And somehow Alice managed to turn back time and create what would become the "book timeline" that our MC, og-Raylin reads as a Korean person.

How does this happen? Well apparently, in repeatedly turning back time to "gain everything", Alice's soul also became corrupted and lost all sense of morality and conscience. Pieces of the kind parts of her soul, carrying these memories of the "book timeline" eventually drifted into the Author (a Korean person)'s consciousness, which the author then thought was "inspiration" and wrote that into the novel, which got read by the MC.

Now into the current timeline, which is the novel. One way or another, MC, aka og-Raylin's soul returned to its body and became the dominant soul. But it still had echoes of memories from Raylin-L's soul.

Story progresses, shit happens. Eventually, it got to the point where MC is confronting the present-day emperor for how he's abused Lia's powers and rewriting memories of his people and history as and when he likes. In the face of this, the emperor summons Lia's body (a puppet) to kill MC. Except he didn't know that this was exactly what the magicians of the past warned him must never happen. For Lia's soul and body to meet.

At that moment, the fractured part of Lia's soul snapped back into her own body. And his plans to kill MC were thwarted.

Anyways both Lia and MC, co-existing as souls in the same body for so long now, both share Lia's spirit powers. Except now it's split between them. So neither are immortal or invulnerable.

MC sets the kingdom right (I skipped the bits on what MC ended up doing because I just wanted to know what this whole 'Raylin was the real Raylin all along' thing people said the Korean review was saying), lives life purposefully and happily with supportive family and friends.

In the current timeline, the final confrontation between Alice and MC happens in jail.

Alice had been captured and was locked up for life. MC tried to understand why Alice hated her so much and tried to ruin her life over and over again.

In this confrontation, MC realizes Alice was just insane and had no real reason to hate her so much. Confident now that the spirit powers were absorbed by her and Lia, and so Alice wouldn't be able to kill her even if she tried, she decided to let Alice atone for her sins by living the rest of her life in jail.

To spite the MC, Alice committed suicide.
    Alice apparently contracted a demon? (idk, in the chapter it just said a voice from darkness spoke up). And when she realized she had lost to Raylin, who refused to kill her, she allowed the demon(?) to consume her body and soul and disappeared from existence.

Basically, you can think of Alice's relationship with Raylin, or rather the body of Raylin (since Alice doesn't know there are so many versions of Raylin), is like joker and Batman.

Joker is obsessed with batman and batman's mutual and distaste for the joker is what motivates joker to live. If one day batman just let go of his obsession and hatred of joker on his end, joker would lose his purpose for living.

That's basically what happened. Alice's obsession with Raylin was her entire reason for living. She built her entire life and existence around ruining Raylin's life and taking everything from Raylin. it's a very tragic existence in a way.

ML is Harvey.
    They get married.
    I missed out how and when Harvey grew up and how they fell in love. But it ends a marriage proposal between them.

I'm not sure I'll go back and read all the other chapters to fill out these spoilers because omg even just the chapters I read made this story feel unnecessarily convoluted and contrived. It really felt like the author was forcing this story to be more dramatic and complicated than it needed to be for the sake of "drama". But none of it was compelling. Or maybe it's just the translation, but yea...there are better novels to spend your braincells on IMO.

mmem, mart7206, Asya.M and 29 others like this.
  5. Marwa_lay

Marwa_lay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any spoilers about how the blue haired guy is gonna betray her ??

6. saibinu

saibinu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a very important question. Are there side stories? If there are, can someone give me spoilers about them?

7. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me, if I wrong but our FL/MC Raylin/Lia here in this story is the very Definition of the Gloried Privileged Glamourous Girlboss Bitch Fantasy Myth.

Nothing she does is really earned. Everything is effortless for her.
    Since birth she as the original has been blessed with everything an entitled Classist desires: Status, Money, Fame, Fortune, Fair Skin Eternal Beauty & Youth and being worshipped like a God... Yeah... Lower Ranking Girls envy her or admire her and every pretty men becomes so obsessed with her...
    There is nothing to root for someone like her!
    Literally everything is centered around that so privileged Mary Sue whose origin is getting more fantastical !

And I also feel sorry for the lower social class girl Alice whom the author kept writing her becoming more naive crazy insane stupid and demonized.
    She has no agency or a real personality!
    She only exits to hate and envy only the Girlboss Princess!

Let's not forget Raylin saved/bought a beast boy Slave, adopted him as a pet, raised him into a fine yandere boy and unintentionally turned him into her ML...
    And of course he is a hidden lost Prince from another kingdom................

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    Deaf Bunny and AnimeHuntress like this.
  8. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bless you. Bless your family. Bless your home. Bless your cow. Not just for the spoilers, but also for explaining all that. It is VERY appreciated! >.<

mmem and Melita_H like this.
  9. Bella94

Bella94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree.. I kinda like the blue hair Guild Master as ML cause his dynamic with MC is pretty fun to watch.. I mean I have no opinion with the leopard boy become the ML but so far their interaction is like a sister and her little brother tbh while Lucas is openly flirting with MC

10. JustATalkingOwl

JustATalkingOwl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, from the spoilers above, I conclude that the real bitch is the pink one. The empire hero's being insane as the time goes by because she can't die, she's been living for too long that I can imagine if I were in that position, I eventually will lose my reason in doing things and in addition, her soul has always been taken advantage for turning back times. Who wants to be a puppet? But, of course, I don't justify her actions. The CP... ah, really, I have no idea. He's just too pitiful without overlooking what he's done. So, I'm taking MC's side when she decides to let him live. He's indeed done bad things but still, he doesn't deserve death. The emperor who has to die. The other characters are okay. No problem. Btw, does that pinky bitch die in the end? I kinda forgot the spoiler about it lol. But I hope she doesn't. I want her to be tortured mentally in prison til she goes crazy and wish to die but she can't. Death is too easy for someone like her.

Lastly, what about the magician who probably will help the pink bitch? I mean, will he end up like the other MLs who finally realized that she just uses them?

Melita_H likes this.
  11. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls someone can tell to me what chapter in the novel when the ml is already a MAN

myuun. likes this.
  12. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happens after the current manhwa chapter? I tried to figure out where I can start reading th novel to pick up at around the dame place but couldn't figure it out.

The current chapter: MC makes a contract with the magicians (or are they called wizards?) to make and eventually sell pens. Some green haired empty headed Magician leaks the designs to the worthless pink haired bitch

Mangagirl4 likes this.
  13. ellanica

ellanica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The original Lia literally had her family killed, got betrayed by a friend/lover, is immortal and cannot die, and when she turned to the royal family who she thought she could trust, they proceeded to use her body and powers for hundreds of years, leaving her spirit stuck roaming in despair, which eventually tormented her soul and broke both hers and Reylin's soul to the point that they had to merge.

Yeah, that SCREAMS privileged Mary Sue who absolutely had NOTHING bad happen to her. :facepalm:

And it may be 'Mary Sue' to you, but these ML in the current timeline don't just suddenly fall in love with Reylin like they're forced or drugged, Alice literally got to most of them first. It's pretty clear in the story that Reylin gave them good reason to like and depend on her.

And you might not like how Alice is portrayed, but people like that exist in real life. People who would go out their way to torment others. If Alice didn't goad or actively go against Reylin, she'd probably be left alone. Instead, she spent the second lifetime using men to bring down a girl who snubbed her. Heck, Reylin-L didn't even care about Alice, she just wanted to get her body back. Alice made it personal.

mmem, Sarah1281, anina and 6 others like this.
  14. catmeowcat

catmeowcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow lol thank you so much for the spoilers. I am quite tired after reading through pages and pages of people arguing about why they hated the ML without coming across anything like a real spoiler lmao.
    Super satisfying to learn that the pink white lotus will get rekted.

Much appreciated, thank you for these. But yeah I agree, there are better novels to spend our braincells lol. Perhaps also there are other better places to spend time reading when most people here are quarreling about their personal opinions of ML and FL here...

mmem, Melita_H, myuun. and 1 other person like this.
  15. myuun.

myuun. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I missed it, but what ends up happening with the CP? At the moment in the manwha, the emperor doesn't seem to give a fuck about what an absolute shit his kid is and is pushing for the engagement to continue. At least that's what I gathered from the latest chapter. What a pair of dicks. Also please tell me she shoves him and kicks him in the nuts after this chapter because he's a creepy loser. I'm all for yandere, but honestly he's just a guy who can't take fucking NO for an answer and that automatically is a giant nope for me..:blobpoliceangry: I can't stand him.

Also, Harvey is the ML?! Oh man, I SWEAR I read spoilers a couple months ago that said that the knight guy was the actual ML so I've been giddy whenever they met. Aw man. :blobjoy: felt like I got bamboozled. I mean, I don't hate Harvey in any sense, he's a cutie but I gotta see him as a ~MAN~ :meowyaranaika: first to really get the gears going. :blobreachdrool:

16. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will raylin and harvey have children?

17. Deeyodee

Deeyodee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to know what will happen to the emperor. He will has the tragic ending right? That lowly trash

18. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question, what happen with the pen business.
    MC ask the mages in the tower to make a pen for sale, and they did it.
    Pink girl stole the blueprint with a mage she entices, but after that, nothing. There is no sign of MC doing business whatsoever. What happened ?

19. Deaf Bunny

Deaf Bunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually lowkey like Alice for her cunning. She’s actually that rebirth MC that uses her knowledge of the future to get exact vengeance onto her archnemesis. Too bad, she just didn’t have enough money. And she got too obsessed with her revenge. That’s the difference, I guess.