Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m aware that this novel was translated already but for those who want to get the novel chapters, Tappytoon Novels recently launched and it includes this title along with the following titles:
    • What It Takes to be a Villainess
    • Villainess Lives Twice
    • Villainess Reverses the Hourglass
    • Tender Heart (Sincerely the duke’s maid)
    • Light and Shadow
    • The Abandoned Empress (for those who don’t hate it)
    • Adelaide
    • Priscilla’s Marriage
    • Iris and her Smartphone
    • Father, I Don’t Want to Get Married
    • Empress from Another World
    • Villainess’s Maker
    • Villainess for a Tyrant

2. Hilaila

Hilaila New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the manhwa... i love it so far (ch. 72) and then i found this spoiler.... ughh... i dont like the way The Count and Cain ended.

I always feel like The Count actually a good guy. He gave Aria and her mom house, beautiful dress, jewelry, food, book, tutor. Anything to refine Aria and helping her growing up. Without him, Aria would probably die starving, be prost*** just like her mom or be commoner who have no manner. I wish his end in manhwa could be different. A least he will remarry with good woman, having another kid that smarter than their predecessor :LOL: and enjoying life.

As for Cain, he is fool guy who easily manipulated by everyone. He manipulated by Mielle to go against Aria in the past life. He also manipulated by Aria to help her find Berry ( eventhought crown king find her first). He doesn't like Aria in her past life, but that because Aria refuse to be educated at that time and act shamelessly. In second life, he does have lust feeling for Aria, but he never done something inapropriate. He just stupid guy that don't deserve to have that fate.

I don't like Chloe. For me he is irresponsible father and spouse who leave Aria and her mom. Making her mom work as prostitute and Aria living in poverty in her early day. Aria and her mother could be die because of him. No matter what, his act is just unacceptable. So how dare he came again after Aria and her mom in better position (Aria snatching crown king and her mom got money from her divorcing) and reclaim his 'place' without punishment.

(Oot: he gave me Britney Spears Father vibe. Gone when the family in struggle, coming again when family success.):LOL:

sets_trans, Rin.rinaaa and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  3. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the music so much! so epic!
    it also didn't use the more fluffy shoujo-esque animation but opens the story with bang and blare

I absolutely adore this story, especially because it delivered the revenge I was promised from the start. I like that the characters have actual personality and live by their own rules. The characterisation is obviously complex, seeing that people are defending the villains of the story.

I want to add something, I don't want replies though, it might derail the topic.
    While reading the thread, I noticed that the writing is subtle with the FL too, every time her softer emotions comes up, she denies it by saying, "Just as planned! They're falling for it! I'm happy because they are so easy to use!"

I like that it doesn't bash me over the head with how pitiful and kind FL actually is, instead I feel it in her actions and thoughts. She is not ruthless, she doesn't act against innocent people. When a young boy was in accident and got crippled, she decided to help him in under 5 minutes. He's a complete stranger and she used her lifespan on him, he didn't even know what she did. Hans spoke kindly to her and she bought his papers so he won't have to run around to get pennies. Annie, her new maid gets matched with a baron, and she had plans to marry Jessie even higher. Jessie is not that great at her job, all she has is a good heart, and Aria was planning to get her married to a viscount or above.

Unknowingly, she had shown her true feelings to Oscar, Sarah, Jessie and Annie. She wants love. She fawns more naturally/comfortably near Sarah and Oscar than with her dad and brother. She doesn't feel disgusted or forced getting along with them, because they are genuinely kind people who makes her feel good. She also treats her maids kindly, teaching them how to survive in higher society.

Obviously everyone was raised differently, and it's good to note that it's written by Korean person for Korean people. Thinking of the culture, it makes sense it won't be like something produced 40 years ago by someone who had probably been helped personally by a pastor. It's a different story with different theme. It'd be very radical 40 years ago that a protagonist like Aria exists. I like that she's not written to buckle under society's expectations that a woman is kind gentle and forgiving, just stays at home and let her man do everything for her.

Instead of demanding a story to conform to one's own ideal, one should just write their own story based on their philosophy and beliefs and read it because it will be the most perfect story for them.
    When people dismiss what these characters actually do and simply slap a label on them, I call that bigoted.

The first time Cain blushed at underaged MC (in manhwa) he noted, 'she's really grown'. He wants to use his privileges to keep her to himself (as plaything. Nothing legitimate, have you seen how his dad used Aria's mother as a shield but never cared for her feelings or how she would fare in high society. That but worse). He's violent and will harm FL if that's what it takes to make her his slave. Even if Cain's an ML, I would not root for him. I would scream if FL chooses this sort of ML and cry for her to run with 2ML or any decent guy in the world.

It's not simply lust, in those type of stories, ML love and respect FL. I think many readers are already past abusive MLs and will not stand for non-con or even dub-con. These MLs keep their distance and is polite to FLs. Maybe that they look good together play a part, but even if they are not cool or handsome, I'd still root for people who go to great length to make FL happy. Especially if they are not blood-related and had grown up basically as strangers. I see you have strong feelings about this, I don't want to fight, I just don't like blind hate.

There was a social study about incest couples who are actually blood related but was raised as strangers. And there was also findings that people who grow up together, even without blood, will find it very hard to love each other romantically. The younger they are when they meet each other and the longer the time they spend together as siblings, the harder. I find incest stories in JP novels more repulsive because they are often blood siblings and have spent years of their childhood together. And accepting that I don't like that take on family, I just don't read those stories. As a society I also think Koreans have healthier grasp on familial relationship, seeing as they make protags technically not siblings and weren't even close to each other; and the relationship is not one-sided worship but mutual consent and respect.

Cain may not consider Aria his sister, but Aria did because she regressed and had spent a decade with this family. Aria thinks it's incest, it actually hardly is. They have no blood relation and have only known each other for two years (from Cain's perspective). I thought the count had cheated on his wife because Aria has sae eye color and hair color as Mielle. It's clear from Cain's gaze that he saw Aria not as a person but a sexual object, even when he knows she's underaged. He keeps foiling her marriage no matter how good the man is, forcibly restricting her, probably wants her to throw herself at him and then gloat that she really is that low.

Humans have not pinpointed the exact reason why incest is so repulsive. You might think it is a crime that warrants whipping due to your upbringing, I just think it's inhumane to disregard all the elements and simply punish people based on feelings. I must add, I'm not attracted to anyone I call 'brother' or 'sister' even if we're not related.

Moreover, I personally believe I have no business in other people's bedroom. Incesting people, if they don't m*rder, b*mb, k*dnap, or harm people, I always wonder why we have to police what they do as consenting adults. If we are to force them apart, they will be married to other people they don't love, making four people miserable now and possibly more as causal effect. And just for the sake of complete stranger's disgust?

One explanation we find incest disgusting is due to biological reason. Incest couples will probably get genetically mutated children. Aside from that, I don't know what warrants us to publicly punish them or humiliate them. One video I watched, the incest couple had met as adult and had no idea they were related until they got married/engaged. They decided to stay together but will not make a child because they know the consequences.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    LyRogers and Sarahlin like this.
  4. kleia27

kleia27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any lohan spoilers? is he on asher's team or ? whats his relation to aria :0?

5. ganqing

ganqing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lohan is asher and arias ally.

and the marquess of lohan's kingdom is actually Aria's grandfather.

6. kleia27

kleia27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THANK U
    (also unrelated but i love ur username HAHAHAHA)

ganqing likes this.
  7. gaa104

gaa104 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how many chapters more until aria and her mother meet her biological father

8. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the wiki of the charcaters where I read the wiki of Chloe Piast, Aria's biological father. It was written that in the novel it was
    mentioned briefly that he had an ill wife, before he married Apple? Is it true?

9. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PLZ tell me that Aria was not a 'mistake'.

10. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk if what i read from someone is true or nah. but, the father really love aria's mom, but he was forced to marry someone else. and after few years, he still looking for her. BUT PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. CUZ I'M NOT SURE. and someone said that they will marry? honestly, id understand:blobpats: i think they will meet again maybe, and marry? don't know:blobpats: don't 100% believe in my words tho:blobsweat_2: so if this is true, maybe aria is not a "mistake"...MAYBE:sweating_profusely:

11. gloomymood

gloomymood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aria's father is not married yet, he has been looking for Aria's mother for years, and that's why Aria's father is not yet a Marquis because he only wants to marry Aria's mother, and yes in the end they will get married!

12. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, that explains why in the raw the end was Apple (Aria's mother's name was it?) rushed in a hurry and find the marquess along with Asher.

Rin.rinaaa and rock.doll like this.
  13. gloomymood

gloomymood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apple is her prostitute name, her real name is Carin. and yessss for next manhwa chapter we'll see Asher, Marquis Piast (Aria's grandpa) and Carin talk about Aria & her biological father.

Rin.rinaaa, sleepykid and Thamalasca like this.
  14. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oo,, thank youuu.... it's a good news that they will really end up getting married ^^..n bruh, i like her father. cuz i other manhwa, the father chase after the throne than being with the girl he loves..its like, money over love:facepalm: i respect aria's father for loving only her mother:blobnosebleed::blobmelt:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    ArkiV_10 likes this.
  15. LyRogers

LyRogers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The father did give them a home but he did not treat his stepdaughter very well. I don't know what kind of tutours she had, but they were not really efficient. After reversal of time, he credited Arial's achievements to Mielle and, always put Mielle first. As for the creep brother, he lusted after Aria and was very possessive of her.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  16. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I'm a newbie and just planning read the series but I saw a spoiler well a panel from Ch,74 and I'm wondering does anyone know who the beautiful man with long white hair is? And what's his ending in the novel?

17. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lol:blobsweat_2: their reaction:blob_grin:

18. nonomo

nonomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch. 74 should be Lohan. King of Croa and a friend/ally of Asher. As for his ending I kind of forgot what his last appearance was. Dude's more of a plot device than character for me lol. But he is one of the good guys.

19. luminas

luminas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the lastest chapter from the manwha. Does Mielle find out that Chloe is Aria's biological father? If she did, what kind of nonsense she trying to do after finding out.....

20. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link