LCD The World Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Renzy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    How about the bitter one :blobthinkingsmirk:

2. XephiZ

XephiZ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell naw!

3. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally what I been waiting for since chapter 1 is here!

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The government announcement of the mass immigration?

Shadowsan likes this.
  5. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! I can’t wait to see how the game impact the new planet.

IlvFlame and Shadowsan like this.
  6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the point of the game anyway? A way to pass time during the long space Flight?

I thought by using compressed time, it will allow the people left behind to live a full lifespan, until they die...

7. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be explain in the next few couple chapter.

But for me the explanation doesn't make any sense.

craz likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Beginning of military cabals... It should have happened earlier.

9. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I understood it, the role of the game is to strengthen humanity as a whole in preparation for the colonization of planet hope. Hence why the ai was able to create real cultivation techniques out of the enterity of the human records on martial arts. The game is meant for people to become capable of survival, fighting and managing which will be useful when entering an entirety new planet as an invading species.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That almost makes sense...at the expense of training people to deal with the unknown. The game should not adhere to historical events, but should emphasize dealing with unexpected situations...diplomacy, exploration, colonization issues...having said that, given finite time to create the game, it does make sense to use historical models as the game template.

11. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I think I remember it saying that the best lords in the game get benefits? in planet hope or something. Don't quote me on that. But there was a reason as to why there was so much emphasis becoming lord players.
    What I don't understand though is, if the silver tokens are given to the wealthiest who won the bid for them, and the gonden one to the best of the tutorials, what happens to the presidents, prime ministers, diplomats, world leaders, etc? I mean, do they already have access to saint level cultivation methods and fighting manuals that the AI gave them or something?

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    They plan to stay in orbit as overseers...safe and in charge. Because riches on earth will mean nothing on Hope, the rich got silver tokens to keep them happy before immigrating. Of course MC got his hands on the Gold token by cheating... ;)

13. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes sense because those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. It's easier to learn lessons from history because they have no idea what to expect. You can't prepare for the unexpected so the game is putting humanity through every major event that's every happened in history. If they go through enough events perhaps one of them would be a useful simulation for their future. They start all the way back from the stone age and slowly progress through bronze, iron as their technology grows. They even have to develop guns on their own, perhaps to simulate a possible occurrence that could happen on Hope. Each country also has a different starting point and their own unique technology to explore. The diversity also gives the population a better buffer against any possible change.
    Though the game-like features really ruin the whole point on if. Buying recipes are okay since they probably have computers with the information but instantly buying food with money? Pfff, nature isn't that kind.

14. VanVera

VanVera New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering about the future of the novel, until now (c185) our mc already is first in the game, even assuming he really "learnt" about how manage his territory finances/military/education/privatization ecc... through news/forum in his past life (roughly explained in c184), it can be even assumed that a vast/ample part of population after 10years of knowledge (news/forum) could do what the mc is doing right now (just remember that he was 1 normal guy that choose adventurer-mode, still here he go, in past, like a pro-lord).

1st question: Why should people follow his lead on the planet hope?
    Right now he have 5-6 kiss-ass players in his alliance and 3 city full of npc that can be transfered in cyborgs and they will only increase, he will conquer in game a lot of lands (he is a bit greedy for the contribute-points), killing a lot of players (the players should populate the planet hope not cyborgs that actually are there just to defend our mc that don't have friends) and conquering even the land of 1 ally, because she (his ally) is near his territory...
    I hope (once reached planet) it don't turn out that he, with cyborgs npc help, impose on everyone that if they don't follow him, they have to die.

2nd question: From where, how and how many cyborgs can be created to help the lords?
    Will they dismantle the space ships for the resources? i mean every people could not took too many thing on the space ship, but now the lord players will be helped by a lot of cyborgs on planet hope? really where they will take the resources for build them?
    I don't really get why setting the game on ancient times, if there is the teleport, easy-food market from out-of-nowhere and cultivation from xianxia novels in the game and on planet hope they will be helped by cyborgs.

3rd question: The population what can learn like this? survival or laziness?
    Hard to guess, probably planet Hope will turn out in a martial art world, where the civilization is back in the ancient times, with lords that don't are elected from people and the strong through power-cultivation and cyborg's help will decide for all.

4th question: What will become of Skynet?
    If it was me i would prefer Skynet leading the mankind, instead of some progamer or youngmaster (or cheater mc)

These are a few questions that are bugging me (right now) after the explanation given from the author/mc in the last chapters, what do you think?

ps: i'm sorry for writing-mistakes, english isn't my main language.

15. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the novel is ever going to reach planet Hope so there's no point speculating about any of this anyway. It's 10 year away and in terms of novel-time that's usually beyond the scope of most novels. If anything there'll be a short epilogue about it.

I don't understand why they don't just program the cyborgs to be omniscient. If they can port NPC characters into cyborgs why not make them all the best NPCs?

I think If Skynet is the one ruling over all of us it's no longer leading as it'll just be Skynet controlling people. Sure humans might survive but people wouldn't be able to decide anything for themselves any more.

craz likes this.
  16. Juanen

Juanen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 198, the chinese brainwashing starts.
    However, Ouyang Shuo held a different opinion after reading and researching. In his eyes, the battle was excessively embellished by the Confucians, the rebellion of Zhou against Shang, and the death of King Zhou of Shang were perfect model examples of the crime of rebellion against the ruler and regicide. There were simply no justice and righteousness at all.

The Battle of Muye was bloody, bitter, and tragic, it wasn’t anything like it was recorded in the historical book. It was a war, a rebellion by the people of Zhou relying on their lofty morality and won the war with “no blood on the men’s swords”, and after the battle, the Zhou armies slaughtered, burned and plundered the land of Zhaoge. There wasn’t the slightest image of gloriousness.

The only reason they were beautified in the historical book was because of the cultural dominance and ideology of Confucianism. The originator of Confucianism, Confucius, praised the Confucian Six Arts highly. This included the two systems and ideologies practiced by Zhou dynasty, namely: etiquette and music. Therefore, in the world dominated by Confucianism, the Confucian would beautify and embellish the Zhou dynasty into the embodiment of justice, righteous and benevolence.

I hope i won't get worse because the novel is not bad. But I'm foretelling a (stronger) china nationalist point of view from now on...

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That was ruthless...and evil. Worse than that, if Jiang finds out the truth later, he might accept as realpolitik...

18. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I wonder if it is possible for Ouyang Shou to conqueror Jiang?

19. AsianKid

AsianKid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im pretty sure this is in the future so Google has already been invented and now with what they call a "handbrain" who the fuck needs google anymore

craz likes this.
  20. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter really pissed me off, i mean why pay the enemy 20k, if feng can literally just kicked them out of the territory since (she's the lord duh)and there's no probabilty of retaliation since she's in a space ship,and can be independently left. + the main character decided to be a push over and be a dumbass @_@ UGH!!

Haiku575 likes this.