Discussion The worst/(best) things about Agaist The Gods(Yun Che)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aindorin, Mar 11, 2020.

?

Do you like Yun Che as a mc?

1. Yes, I love him. He is the best mc I have ever seen.

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. He is a good mc overall.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Meh, Not to bad.

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. He is a cheap mc with tons of hormones. Not good at all.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. He is the worst mc. I hate him.

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. Reading ATG is giving me a cancer.

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Aindorin

Aindorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delete Yun Che.
    Cut the usseles long fights.
    lessen the Plot armor.
    give people more common sense.
    Nerf the higher realms.
    Give story some time.(I mean give mc time for cultivating. Mc don't need to speedruning all the time. he can go and cultivate for 100 years in a time skip.)
    Lessen the harem by half.

And tada it much better now.

Demon Empress likes this.
  2. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I didn't read after 1358 so idk what you are talking about but Yun Che can't change in a good way. I don't belive it's possible.

3. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    He changed from someone who wants to be powerull for saving his family to some one who have zero ambition what so ever and don't give a duck about his family any more.

İdk how this is a good thing?

SighingGuru likes this.
  4. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reduce the harem to one person and actually make her a female character, not a painted rock.

Thecomicgeek likes this.
  5. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Then it's no longer a harem then. What ever that works to.
    But as long as he in not an selfless idiot he can have 5000+ member in his harem. I don't care about that.

6. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    The selfish idiot part being the problem, yeah.He can confess his undying love for jasmine in one chapter and bang a random chick in the next. Cue ice sect 2k virgins memes.

7. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well as long as mc is reasonable and selfish enought I am okay with everyting.

Yun che is the exact polar opposite to my liking.

I don't like meng hao type though. Some million years old shy virgin. Characters like Fang Yuan who don't care about woman is okay for me.

8. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what i dont like the most, not only about atg, but also other chinese novels is the use of the ''young master syndrome'' too much as what other people call it. fights can literally start from very simple things which makes me go bunkers!

im the young master of this and that... my father/grandfather/master is... i can do everything i want because my background is X and Y... you are sitting at my chair bla bla bla.. don't ignore me bla bla bla.. then the MC fights him or her for being unreasonable. the young master tells his father/grandfather/master about what happened, MC gets hunted and so on. Most chinese novels do this as though they cant think of any other scenario to progress the novel.

there is also the ''woman who can topple a kingdom due to her beauty syndrome''. the woman likes the MC, the young master is jealous and tries to kill the MC etc. some novels,if not most, overuse this too much as well.

these kind of scenarios really makes me go crazy when i read this. all chinese novels use these things if they cant think of anything else to progress their novels lol.it is very annoying!

Demon Empress and Aindorin like this.
  9. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeep. I agree. Because of that I ussualy don't read novels that has 3000 chapters or more. İt's nearly impossible to fill that many chapters without bullshit.

And I like villainous mc because of it to. Reverend Insanity, warlock of the magus world don't have this problem too much.

Thecomicgeek likes this.
  10. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember uncle Iroh from Avatar? The guy who could utterly butt fuck his tyrant brother but didn't cuz he knew it wouldn't fix shit? Yeah. Thats what a sect elder should be. Not an edgy 14-yeard old piece of shit with insecurity issues.

Arbelbyss and kingtaoist like this.
  11. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Iroh is too good for to be a classic wuxia elder but I agree about not being 14 years old edgy piece of shit.
    İn the end even some 10 million years old mcs are like just kids. Like Jiang Chen

12. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is that they overreact to anything. Iroh ain't giving a crap. He stands above petty bullshit, and thats what these elders, especially the core ones, should be. Every sect needs a mediator to get the various factions to cooperate.
    Throw YC on the childish moron pile while we are at it. Maturity includes shouldering responsibilities. That shit stain ain't doing that anytime soon.

13. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    And even when he is prophesied to be the one to save the universe, he still act like shit

LMAO, this close to the endgame and he still didn't even fix his childish and edgy personality

Can you actually stand such MC as the one true savior? I really don't know how high and thick-faced is Mars when he write this shit

14. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This + "saving face" thing, utterly garbage and annoying thing that add nothing to the story or the characters themselves since its just a cheap way to move characters to do something against mc

If anything just like JP,KR novels my problem with CN novels its mostly the MC dudes are most of time braindead, always letting the problem accumulate and get to the worst point, i can understand if the author dont want to start mc as such(unless he is reincarnatd with memories and this kind of thing) but you have age progression several shit going on but mc never grown up, mc is always submissive when its covenient to the author and the opposite as well

Also something always bothered me in CN cultivation novel, MC always have to meditate he pretty much forget himself you would believe someone can enter in this kind of state wouldnt flip over every little thing that happen

15. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You already deleted Yun Che which lessens the Harem by 100%, lol

I stopped reading after about chapter 700ish to wait for chapters to pile up and haven't reinvested my time in it yet. But for me, one of the most annoying things is how the author would describe Yun Che as deliriously happy, completely in love with one girl. His life is full and complete. Five chapters later, he gets the wanderlust and practically abandons the girl. He then goes and repeats the whole thing with another girl. Over and over.

If I remember right, several of the girls finally give in because they find out how many legacies he has. They think "Oh, here's a guy that I like that is strong enough to weather the storm of jealous suitors coming to attack." Only for him to disapear and be nowhere around while the suitors come and make problems for the girl.

Which, now that I think about it, means that Yun Che hasn't changed at all. In his second life he got mad at all the people who badgered his master to death, and totally ignored his master telling him not to live for revenge, so he leaves his waifu behind to go on a killing spree with the poison pearl. However much time later, he finds out his waifu got attacked and died. He regret. But by then he is being hunted down by all the people of the world because he was a rash, hotheaded idiot that felt like revenge was more important than anything else.

So Yun Che is very consistent, he doesn't change, keeps doing the same thing over and over.

His first life of being bullied and poisoned to death must have really made an impression on him. Cause once he got a bit of strength, it was the only method he knew. He could have used methods less likely to backfire on him, but no, all he knows how to do is kill everyone who offends him.

But while Yun Che's actions annoy the hell out of me sometimes, he is generally a decently likeable fellow when he's not being provoked. He doesn't really initiate the grudges, he just doesn't bow down to people, which escalates beyond all belief.

16. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Please after you read until episode 1350 come back here and say "But while Yun Che's actions annoy the hell out of me sometimes, he is generally a decently likeable fellow " that again if you didn't changed your mind about how likeable Yun Che is.

Oh btw, I was just deleting Yun Che's personality. He still should have at least married Xia Qingyue right? I can't say the same for others though.

17. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I'm good. From what I've read of other people's comments I've stopped reading just in time before I started pulling my hair out over Yun Che. I think I'll leave it there for now, as a fond memory of a slightly dimwitted casanova that's somewhat entertaining for me as a reader.

18. Thecomicgeek

Thecomicgeek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The book is the main reason I cant stand Harems. =_= the book literally has no other personality in that universe other than the mc everyone else plus his harem members are cardboard cutouts of women and by now probably alot of the count includes more pedophilic groomed women. :blobthumbsdown: The author is a piece of work.. Jeez

19. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Me to. Yun Che and his immposible harem is just a joke.
    Since I post this thread I have started to read ATG from where I left and man... I realised that I have forgotten how cancer Yun Che is. They are saying after this he changed but no from what I see everything is same.
    Unless Mars kills Yun Che's harem and nothing will change.

And of course everyone in the novel is unrealistic as always except Mu Xuanyin and Shen Xi but sadly I can see these 2 are becoming dumb to thanks to the author.

20. SighingGuru

SighingGuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole Jasmine thing pissed me off... like screw everyone else, including your own f-ing daughter just because someone of your harem met misfortune. Here telling us after the fact that your daughter is the world to you. I'm like no brah, if she was you would have thought of her first.

I understand Mars wanted to show us an absolute OP Yun Che but it backfired so bad.