Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    that so? i see. it's just that i'm too lazy to search through it... hehe

Keitaro123 likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh................ *kinda surprised* Expected another cliche "discarded from hero's party" kind of story but i fell on a yuri story, still i wonder why the one that created the NU page for it wrote 2 times the title.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...e-carrier-who-abandoned-by-the-heros-party-i/

...Hmmmm... can't help but have the spoilers of Tag team come back to me... maybe this series will be not good later on...
    Oh well i will read it when i feel like it. Minus point to it (for now) because summary kinda makes FL looks like just a spirit/soul (=unhappy because no kiss and more).

Edit: ah also it's translated yuritrans.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw (not sure if it was here or in a conversation i had) wasn't there someone that was playing the hack and slash game Nights of Azure 2 that got a yuri romantic subplot ? Kinda wanted to hear the impressions about it.

If someone is interested i can share a link to free download. It's 100% sure/no virus but it's possible it will bug or your computer is too low quality to play it.

Ubik likes this.
  4. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was nice, but trully it went somewhat down in my opinion. It has some fillers and flashbacks. And my dramameter is getting in red with whole situation brewing.
    I added that story is completed on novel page. If you want some spoiler, in raws FL is looks like other person. And MTL is rather bad so there maybe be more then one even.
    I kinda sorry for that spoiler about Tag-Team. It's not bad but it feels like when you read fairies and then BOOOM next ark like kiki novel. Overall WTF were off the charts. Even didn't read further than resolve of ark. Maybe it will be better down the line. I read other novel in raws from that author that I liked better. And now it's near the end... good end. IIRC Aya wants to translate it. When it comes to the end.

Oh and about other novels in raws. Author of Dragon Slayer mostly writes GL novels. So there could be even more translated in the future (3 completed ones). There was rather cute small oneshot in there.
    I'm rather interested in it. On Steam it has Yuri curator "recommended" tag so it's yuri. But I read to get true ending you need play game twice. And there were kissing scenes judging by screenshots. So it is on mine wishlist in category to play sometime in the future.

p.s. Whispering You a Love Song has a Ch. 3 - After School, Time for the Two of Us. I get a feeling that that airhead only realize that Yori is in love with her by her love song performance on stage. I just hope it will not be with drama. I don't want to read large version of "I Don't Care About the Music".

5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you need to know?

my original post was https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4801536/
    If you want other spoilers, I could give them. Just what do you wish to know.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Only checked the ending of ch3 and damn i was nicely surprised. I had a spitting reaction : FL: "Will i be able to control myself ?". Damn i love when the plot that a character is a pervert with a innocent girl. But yeah it reminds me of Sono Hanabira 1 where MC said FL was too ecchi.

Sabruness and Ubik like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this manga one of the pleasant surprises this year for now .

Sabruness likes this.
  9. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    While i was searching around for anime to watch, i came across a series of OVAs called Murder Princess which seems to have quite the bit of yuri subtext (at least from the first two eps i've watched). It's all ambiguous and requires a little tiny bit of reading into but any yuri vet would easily be able to see it. The good news is that it is easy and free to legally watch. Funimation has the sub on youtube and the dub on the funi website to watch for free.

I'd recommend it mainly for the "odd couple" dynamic between Alita and Falis which is very comedic and (somewhat unconventionally) adorable.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend this x1000. It's one of my favourite anime~! It's very short, too - you could easily watch it in a single day if you wanted.

It has maid x queen with a clear seme x uke dynamic, and a really badass main character. It also has a good plot - a little rushed since it was shoved into a 6 episode OVA, but worth the watch.

mp1.jpg mp2.jpg mp3.jpg

Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  11. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    To me, it felt like Alita was more of the top in the relationship and a bit of a sadist. Especially during episode 2 with the corset XD

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  12. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    She's definitely a very aggressive "uke". XD Might be on top for the first couple of times or on occasion, because I can't ever see Falis making the first move.

But she fits the uke role in every other way. She is literally a damsel in distress, and she takes the cheerful, passive supporting role while Falis protects her. I read a little of the original manga, and they made it very clear there that she's supposed to be your typical fairytale princess.

Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Also Tankoubu, the one with a delinquent smoking girl got ch3:
    Edit: caution NSFW but low/medium quantity
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tankobu_ch03
    Strangely i remember the ending with her giving the key but not the sex... strange... did i read it before or not...

Edit: GEEEEEh! I read it now but looks like i also didn't read ch2 !!!! I kinda remember now that there was only to ch1.5 in mangadex.
    But damn this series is really pretty good, got a nice real feeling to it without having having the cliche "Homosexuality is bad/not accepted".
    Also lot of original content into it. Kinda feels like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/transient_dreams_of_transient_things
    but even better + high school girls romance.

Edit: Hmmmm i think the fact the delinquent girl is smoking + having a gyaru hairstyle that it feels she is more real.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Vampire overlord MC series got a new chapter, decent but for some reason not that interesting for me, maybe it's because it's been a while since last one and i lost my drive for this series :
    Ch 13
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/640982
    ----------------------------
    Also a OL yuri series we missed in mangadex:
    https://mangadex.org/title/31592/teiji-ni-agaretara
    Really too bad artist draw half the lips... Sometimes FL looks like a high schooler sometimes a middle aged woman... It's a dislikeable point.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, i recc'd that bout a week ago when it first popped up on Dynasty.

Ubik likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reason this happens is when you get a notification for a new post, read the alert, but don't read the thread itself, this will stop the thread from actually giving you new alerts.

Possible other reasons can include (I don't think any of them apply to this situation though):
    a) Someone made a new post and the post was deleted, this will bug your alerts.
    b) The thread was merged with another one, this will give you no alerts for the merge and you won't be notified of new posts until you manually check the thread.

Those are pretty much the only reasons that can stop a thread from giving you an alert AFAIK... Maaaaaaaaaybe ignoring someone and that person making a post in the thread can also cause this, but I think it doesn't.
    Wafu! >.<

Ganbatte...
    Oh yeah, that's my favorite GL manga atm, it's really lovely~ <3

18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess now I should to watch it. Found one fan TL of it. I hope they don't kill it with translation.
    Local fandub quite memetic in itself, you now. Somebody translate "God, you piss me off" were "piss" was taken literally ... :facepalm:

Chewing through raws. After 5 chapter there was fanart picture:
    [​IMG]
    Left is Aries, right is Reno. On neck is spirit/ghost of Reina.

Oh, I forgot about this most devoted follower of this manga :blobrofl:

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I contacted AI chan to see if she will participate in Yuri Garden competition 2019, she said she is busy in this week and the next.

And also kinda sad because right now we still didn't get any contestants right ?

Ubik, Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  20. 4noki

4noki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm new-ish here (kind of tend to be a lurker, haha). I'm the translator of the Heroine Yuri Flags webnovel. And of course, I love yuri. Cute girls are justice. I thought I'd drop in and say hello~

And maybe ask a question. I've read a lot of JP yuri, but what are your favorite KR and CN yuri novel/manhua?

Ubik, Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.