Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! :blobparty::blobok::blob_pompom::cookie: I've been enjoying the novel so far.

Fav CN for me... I'd have to say Demon Sword Maiden and The Villains Need To Save The World?. I dont think i've ever seen a KR yuri novel. Cant say i've read any CN or KR yuri manhua either.

Ubik, Moonpearl and 4noki like this.
  2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    I Only Read CN Yuri Novel, My favorites yuri
    After Exchanging Shadows Best bodyswap entertainment circle yuri
    The General’s Manor Young Concubine Survival Report - hilarious sweet short novel
    Mistress, I Was Wrong - best fantasy, hilarious, sweet
    Living in the Last Days best second chance, apocalypse, rebirth and revenge yuri
    My Consort is Alpha
    My Disciple want to tease me every day
    Never Dare to Abuse the Female Protagonist Again Author Mc X Blackened Female Protagonist

There were also lot of my favorite untranslated Chinese novel, I mtl. Wish someone translates yuri more

Ubik, 4noki and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    About "My Consort is Alpha"... It looks like the translator who said he'd pick it up officially handed it over to someone else. They released a post yesterday saying that they intend to start releasing regular chapters from July 1st, with a chapter for Alpha every 2 days. https://evilations.com/announcement...=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=announcement

Let us know how you find it~!

There's still quite a while left until the closing date, but I did see her saying she was swamped with work.

I'm hoping people are just taking advantage of the distant deadline rather than choosing not to enter. It's worrying, though... Maybe I should shamelessly go advertise on ScribbleHub.

Welcome~! I think my favourite CN novels are "After Exchanging Shadows", "Female General and Eldest Princess", and "My Consort is Alpha". We don't have any KN yet.

I don't think I've tried any KN comics yet either, nor many CN, but I do like "Tamen de Gushi".

Ubik and 4noki like this.
  4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeeeeeh ? Didn't the review it's kinda not that good ? Maybe i should give it a try.

Ubik likes this.
  5. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite enjoyed it. The first arc has a few points which are meh (mostly related to the usual perverted retard scum character type) but overall it's quite good. The story actually gets better with more yuri-ish content in the second arc with some nice funny female characters including a mature lady with a cheeky, perverted streak.

Ubik likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I might participate this year, what was the deadline and the rules again? I totally forgot them by now after 2 weeks off NUF... >.>

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  7. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~ going to be busy till the end of the month. I'm currently mourning for my mother that just died recently. I will also be busy dealing with some processing to get some plot of land to bury her to. Again sorry for not appearing much often. Everything is just going through shit for me.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof... Ganbatte... I hope you can go through this phase level-headed... This kind of thing is always horrible.

Moonpearl, Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    My condolences.
    --------------------------------
    On the contrary we see the mother of tadokoro-san (new chapter 31):
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/641973/1
    That is a beauty, somehow i like (love) her more then Tadokoro.

Moonpearl, Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh well, now for long post. Sorry everyone. :cookie: :sweating_profusely:
    Rules and OP of it were in https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/page-106#post-4964682
    What often asked:
    So both Ai Chan and AliceShiki could took place if they have will or time. It's mostly one and half month left.
    Welcome!! :blobparty: :blobtaco: Quite like one you translating even MTLed raws to an end. Will be glad to reread it with normal translation.

About other. I don't know anything about KR yuri novels, I guess they maybe exist but to unearth them there must be dedicated translator (KR TL circle rather small). As rainbowturtle, as she unearth and TL KR BL ones. So there should be yuri ones. Because korean yuri manhwa scene rather interesting. Most translated ones are not cute or fluffy. Some are are heavy on drama... and there is "korean style ending" on top of it.
    I have two full recommendations:
    It Would Be Great if You Didn't Exist - two rather insecure workers (with skeletons in closet) met on an affair with one man.
    Maison de Maid (lezhin) - victorian style England, airhead maid with yuri mistress. It was fluffy and funny one but not without a drama that resolves in good style
    not for all:
    Elixir - heavy drama with good plot twists and shitty ending (they left more questions than answers), even conflicting themselves.
    Serenade - story of music teacher and students.... with borderline psychopathic one.
    Her Shim-Cheong - pseudo-historical story that have near ending part from the start. It's now licensed one so ending (it's completed in raws) will be in a year or so.
    Blooming Sequence - most mild of those above. Story about cinema club and relationship between it's president and new girl. Drama and dark past story included yeah....
    Honourable mention:
    cancelled ones:
    On a Leash - war story between different kind of beasts transforming to human form sometime. BDSM elements.
    Fluttering Feelings - author died from cancer on age of 33. At least main pair was on rails and author wanted ended in 80-90 chapters (66 all that was made).

In chinese ones situation different there were more novels than manhua.
    Most of interesting ones were mentioned already by Yandere Devil, Moonpearl and Sabruness.
    I could add:
    The Price of Confessing To The Wrong Female Protagonist
    Didn’t Know General Was Female
    Considering the Possibility of Falling in Love With the Villain
    Quick Transmigration – Villain Walkthrough

In manhua: Tamen De Gushi is obvious but most are forgotten or cancelled.
    Lily - but it's very very slow. In plot and development in 1 season, in second there was better speed. Licensed it seems.
    Beloved - Dr. Wei struggles after finding out that the girl she hooked up with was only sixteen years old, but somehow it's not as easy to avoid the girl as she had thought. (count as completed)
    Magan&Danai - The cute daily life of the artist and her wife.
    Albino & Witch - A slice-of-life story about a Guardian Witch and her adopted daughter.
    Winter to Summer - school life story of transfer student from abroad and local delinquent. (completed)
    MIW is one of my favorite. I'm on ark were MC receives magic backslash and looks like small girl :blobrofl: in orc(?) camp as shaman/healer of one clan.
    Finally good news.
    If you about raws of Dragon Knight. I chewed through 3 arks (don't know who is FL anymore). And reached looks like obligatory tournament ark. So I put it on hold and was more interested in raws revived "Didn’t Know General Was Female" and spend yesterday and today to read it fully.
    It was like mix of "Female General and Eldest Princess" and "The General’s Manor Young Concubine Survival Report" it had much less political stuff than former and was less dark. And much longer than latter.
    But two endings(!!!!!!!) were really unexpected
    Sorry for your loss, I hope that you manage through that shitty situation.
    Let's look on this from other side, just imagine that Tadakoro will be like that when will be adult. And with adult Nikaido.... :blobnosebleed:

And I have other bad news with some little good ones.
    When I Became a Girl, an Unexpected Love Quarrel Occurred! had raws deleted by author. So status of TL is questionable. TL said it found new ones that likes to translate, but still it's bad to lose one were things became heaty and interesting.
    TL said that new one will be or GB yuri one or pseudo GB yuri where MC will recover memories of her previous life.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  11. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news: Succubus-san’s Life in Another World has been picked up after 9 months. TL's quality is quite good.:blob_pompom:

Sucks about "when i became a girl". Good that TL is picking up a new GB yuri novel :blob_pompom:

AsianessPride, Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it's more good than bad news. TL is rather unlucky or unreliable - there was not steady schedule on it's previous work (and it was deleted in raws) and now TL pickups series that is on hiatus since october. Still nice to have Succubus-san back.
    Kinda intrigued what that series will be.
    By the way, checked after new Tadokoro-san chapter near similar series in raws. Fusoroi no Renri. It has large gap in the translations, it's a pity it's so forgotten. Even raws are on twitter mostly. Kinda like author sketches:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom:

That reminds me, I should probably add the link to the competition rules to the OP...

Take care of yourself. We'll be here whenever you need us. :bloblove:

I meant Murder Princess, actually~! Sorry, this morning I wasn't able to trim quotes because I was on my phone.

Ubik likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And once again there is something bad. There is new chapter part of Quick Transmigration: Fate Trading System first since 2 months but they are dropping novel after reaching ark end. It's sad to see another one bites the dust. :blob_teary: :blobsad:

15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    @Moonpearl chan, a perfect image for this thread (and should be posted in the OP) popped up on Dynasty

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter of https://mangadex.org/title/38309/whispering-you-a-love-song:

Ch 4 : https://mangadex.org/chapter/642997
    Raining so MC go see FL in her classroom. And ask her for a date for a cat event. FL is kinda unsure if MC is in love with her or not but kinda think she does with how MC is acting. (for some reason i foresee a confession and both going : "Eh ?")
    No drama yet but a misunderstanding from FL is showing up.

But damnnnnn this time we see a really well drawn cat and an even more beautiful smiling MC+cat combo. It's toooo kyuuuuute. The smile is really awesome. Entering my top 10 i think.
    Takeshima Eku
    you sure are one of my favorite author.

Ubik likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter was very fluffy :aww:
    I liked part were Himari ambushed Yori from Aki shadow it was so cute. :aww::bloblove:
    A5.jpg

Also thanks to TL of "Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat the Demon King?" There are fanarts in v2 afterword
    And they are adorable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There are of course only fanart (only 3rd are in lore), Milkit never shown her face other to Eterna (who healed her face and other things) and of course to Flamm. :blobnosebleed: :aww:
    Even on marriage ceremony between Flamm and Mikit there was some kind of mask (made by Eterna) that prevent to show her face to anyone other than Flamm
    Also there was funny minimanga (also translated) in that chapter

p.s. it's confusing that I find new Citrus rather adorable. :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    No mention of the cute cat image ? =x

Ubik likes this.
  20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are about one that had cat with Himari. Then I'm with Yori that Himari was cuter.
    If you about new chapter of "I Want You to Say You Love Me (Anthology)" by Takeshima Eku - My cat became a cute girl!?
    Then that one was adorable.