Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: It was The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration formerly translated by Dovey.

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why it is mentioned here? :blob_tilt:

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    *holds heart* ouch. That one stung

Ubik likes this.
  5. crimson_carnation

crimson_carnation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most stories even with angst will try not to use that tag if they think it can put off potential readers ot that it has a negative connotation :hmm:

Fluffy scenes are always nice to read :blobuwu: Especially romantic ones~ :blobmelt: And which type of sci-fi story do you mean, specifically? :cookie: Like, something with spaceships? Mechs? Or just a futuristic city?

Ubik likes this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than last film?
    I don't judge others preferences. There are people who like those too so let it be.
    :blobsweat: In overall sci-fi genre is nearly dead. Maybe with latest there will be more cyberpunk stories but that's it. Fantasy much more popular.
    Latest that I read was Convergence of Fates. What I will like.... Something like: Yuri Troopers, Yuri Dune, Yuri and Foundation, Yuri Odyssey 2077, Yuri City, Saint Yuri and Wild Horse Woman. :blobsweat_2:

Edit: new chapter of Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo/Beauty and the Beast Girl so adorable and illustrations and "what if" picture nearly kill me with cuteness.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    crimson_carnation likes this.
  7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't see it. Honestly, I don't think it's worth it to go to the theaters. Most of the stuff there seems... Bad

Ubik likes this.
  8. crimson_carnation

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't judge it either. I meant that because of those reasons, there might actually be a lot more angst stories than the tags let on~ :blobthinkingsmirk:

...Now imagine a universe will all that at once :blobpopcorn:

Ubik likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that's a lovely one, I think I have been reading it since chapter 1 when Yuri-ism started translating it... Back in my days that I stalked the new manga section of my usual manga site and had over 200 mangas in my reading list... I read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than that nowadays... >.>

Still, I love the series~
    Welcome back~
    Thanks for the poke, I always miss 1 x 1/2 updates because of how rarely it updates! >.<
    Yeah, I don't like changing stuff in my stories unless I proofread and dislike how it goes, so... Gonna stay as is.

If I get the motivation I might write a new one, but it's honestly kinda hard to think of a story without a theme to go by~
    Primarily drama, it's the part I love the most. The internal conflict of the characters, trouble between their own feelings and what society feels is right and how they're going to be viewed by others... I love all that~

Aside from that... Uhn... Cute and fluffy moments? Oh, and good art is a must for mangas, no matter how much someone recommends me a story, I can't read it if I hate the art.

And of course, well-developed and interesting characters, both parts of the couple must be interesting and developed~

10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm back~! Today, my beloved older sister got married. She was truly beautiful, with a red dress, our grandmother's pearls, the bridal headpiece my mother wore, and our family tartan. Ah, and the vows were read with so much feeling... This is my first time feeling so much happiness at a wedding.

To celebrate, here are some yuri wedding pictures~!

0cd138454045780d3905a0f057e3321d--valkyrie-drive-anime-guys.jpg 07b65d0ce4efa881c89f580c4b74734d--sailor-uranus-sailor-neptune.jpg 7983201cbe1eb72b25b4a3c49cb9830c41a4a0a9v2_hq.jpg d8f04ab88a01f543f8676c0ef1f6c47b.jpg d401a3357d2cd734881a8d0aa8336e6d.jpg get.jpg large.jpg tumblr_nl88txjvNC1unb58ro1_1280.jpg roslifemslashweekchico_by_prissmbell-dbgk8j3.png tumblr_nmqqbtO7xq1tbico6o1_500.jpg

Pretty much~! Women with confident personalities can be bold when they like someone, so it's more thrilling, and very strong women could literally sweep you off your feet and protect you from all danger. :blobmelt:

They do sometimes. Tends to be newbie, bad writers. It really frustrates me to read...

Kind of~! Stories where the romance wasn't planned by the characters works too. For example, in "Mistress, I Was Wrong", the main character abandons her role as a typical Chinese villainess and decides to befriend the story's protagonist because she doesn't want to die. That they end up falling in love is an accident.

Nope, those don't fit the pairing types I'm talking about. I haven't read any of those yet, but I've had a quick flick through the first pages.
    Futaribeya seems to be a normal girl x a lazy, slightly ridiculous girl.
    Whispering You a Love Song is a crazy enthusiastic girl (like "I Favor the Villainess") x some sort of cool, slightly boyish older girl?
    And Tadokoro-san looks like an unsociable otaku x a sadist.
    In at least the latter two, the girls are also exceedingly quick to acknowledge their desire and decide to pursue it.

The sort of "pure" and "innocent" character type I'm talking about is that ultra sweet, ultra dense, ultra virginal sort of girl. Think Suou from "Creo the Crimson Crises", or Shinobu from "A Love Letter from a Marching Puppy". Stereotypical otome game protagonists are a less extreme version of this.
    How intensely the author makes such a character "pure" and "innocent" depends. I've seen some stories where they emphasise it so much that the character is basically a small child, entirely passive and practically without a sexuality. They often don't act with desire towards anyone unless someone approaches them that way first for a long time, because they're "too pure" to have such thoughts naturally.
    If you pair such characters together, how can a romance come about? Some very good authors might be able to pull it off, but they'd have to start by adding something more to the characters. Left to their own devices, the characters take no notice of each other as anything but friends... So the bad authors who write them just slap sexual feelings on top of them without really allowing the characters to connect with them. It's bad. Very bad. And boring.

Manga authors tend to be able to make pairings close to this and have them work. However, they're usually boring to me. It feels far too unrealistic and a lot like a relationship between children to me.

blobmelt_thumbs Yeah... I 100% read that novel for the hot MC.

Honestly, I get excited whenever I hear a yuri has a warrior of any kind.

If you need some help coming up with ideas, you could try using Seventh Sanctum. It's a website full of generators, which can provide names, plots, or even random character ideas.

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, the romance one doesn't seem too bad actually... The Quick Story Ideas and Quick Story Themes on the other hand seemed pretty useless... >.>

Still, thanks for suggesting it, it's a good place to get inspiration from! ^^)/

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. crimson_carnation

Reading List:
    Link
    Drama tends to stress me out, but when done well, it can really help with proper character building and adding depth to both the story and characters~ :blobuwu: I can see why you'd feel it was enjoyable~

Yes, yes, art is so important! :blobsmilehappyeyes: Without good art, the story doesn't feel as complete or as immersive, no matter how good it is~

I prefer characters with distinct personalities too, especially for the main couple~ :bloblove: Though it does seem like a luxury most of the time...

Congratulations to your sister!! :aww: And now I'm full of warm fuzzies after those pictures blobmelt_thumbs

Bold is always better, especially if it cuts down on angst and drama due to things like misunderstandings~ And that seems so romantic! :blobxd:

Ouch, I can imagine... It would feel like the romance is lacking both personality and substance :blobupset:

I don't have much of a preference in this area but those sorts of romances do end up feeling like they developed naturally :hmm: Especially if we get to see the main leads falling for each other slowly~ :blobmelt:

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I always feel that Wu Yiyu, who had no memory loss in the past, is too hypocritical to be arrogant. It is better to ask questions about this taste, how much to put in the package, like to eat more soup, or soup less, and also Soak the face well, stir the instant noodles with a fork, a fork and a fork, and give your own real and gentle and intimate Wu Yuyu.

If it is this person, then she doesn't mind being a partner with her. Although she is a woman, it doesn't matter. Anyway, I don't care about it.

However, Wu Yuyu really gave herself a big surprise. I didn't expect her to be a Beta, but an omega that has been playing pheromone inhibitors. Should she give her a surprise, telling her that she is actually hiding? What?

But forget it! Now tell her that if this is scared away, it will not be worth the loss.

Although this era has a strong natural strength and endurance, Alpha and the high rate of omega, which is the highest in the population, is less than one-tenth of the total population. Others are like the colony of the colony. The female, the aunt, the bee, which is not fully developed, and the bee of the worker bee who has no ability to live and colonize.

But even if the female omega is rare now, it is rare, but it is not a problem with its own family and status.

Of course, this premise is that he has leaked the secret that he has hidden for many years.

Xuanyuan Yueming thought this way, and his face also showed an unfathomable smile. He saw Wu Yuyu's cold hair squinting with a pair of big eyes, his butt moved to the side and moved, trying to look as far as possible from this laugh. A very dangerous person is a little farther away.

"Your is omega?" Xuanyuan Yueming sucked his nose, the room is full of omega sweet smell, it seems that it is just time for Wu Yuyu's pheromone inhibitor, and the memory of Wu Yiyu, who lost her memory, does not remember this. It’s all about it.

Ubik, AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure enough, this little fool still doesn't know that he is venting the bottom! She started using inhibitors when she was 18 years old. She is now 26 years old and has used eight years of inhibitors. Once she stops using pheromone inhibitors, she will immediately enter the eight-year period.

Such a lovely and delicious person, how can I let others get a mouthful! Of course, the good thing is to leave it to myself. I really want to bite her omega information gland to mark her now, let her be her own, but it is too early.

"Don't let other people know that you are omega, otherwise you will be waiting for someone to rush home to have a baby!" Xuanyuan Yueming sucks the noodles and said carelessly.

Edit: Later appearing together in front of reporters. They ate dog food. I was both enjoying and a little felt like i was eating dog food too. I am laughing about my suffering XD.

Edit: There is something that is pissing me off is that author keep posting a small post at end of chapter without separation. Sure she always says "Author has something to says" but it always break the immersion of the story.

Edit: not liking now. There is mention of big families, different districts, sad badground of MC's body.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link

I like it because it is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle rapey.

Edit: Ah but the ending is really disappointing. Them creating a family would have made this doujin better/perfect.

Ubik likes this.
  16. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn’t this the first world? Very enjoyable, my favorite out of all of the other worlds. Xuanyuan Yueming is a 200+ year old powerful Alpha whole Wu Yuyu transmigrated into a Omega who had to hide her status because Betas were more common in the entertainment industry.
    I’ve seen omegaverse in Chinese yuri novels before. It was considered a futanari Chinese novel. I think @Melina Red recommended it,
    《我的驸马是Alpha》

Ubik likes this.
  17. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you still talking about the first world? Sure Xuanyuan had a powerful family, it didn’t effect the couple in anyway.
    But I do agreed the other worlds are more dramatic and not as dog feeding as the first world. Some were a bit too depressing for me to read

If you don’t like the notes left by the author in this novel. You would be damned by author of
    铁狱迷情(GL监狱)+番外 since their author’s notes cut directly between the middle of the chapters and you lose focus

Ubik likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeeeeeeh... now you are depressing me... i just expected only fluff from this story. Can you give me a chinese fluffy story ? (if omegaverse it's better)

Ubik likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I finally finished/caught up with "I Favor the Villainess". In the end, it became my favourite yuri novel. I'm fully satisfied.

And I'm so happy to see a trans woman in a yuri relationship, especially with a happy ending. I was expecting the author to give her a needlessly tragic fate. I kind of hope there are some extras focusing on those two...

I'll be sure to buy the book when I get a little money.

AliceShiki and Ubik like this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh ? What is the relation between I favor the villainess and "trans woman" ? Or you are talking about another series ? Because I favor got a female protag that was a female before transmigration no ?

Ubik likes this.