Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Prince Yuu is revealed to be a trans woman in the second half of the series. She goes the yuri route with Misha.

AliceShiki, Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Blush* Ehhhh Ehhhhhh ! Misha is the friend of MC or something right ? And Yuu is the strong magician that knew her from early right ? Good that they are together.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah~! I'm praying for at least one extra with them being fluffy together.

AliceShiki and Ubik like this.
  4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    But him being a trans woman sure is a fast ball from left field. Too bad that i dislike the series. I would have liked to see them together.

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend, you’re expecting to much from Chinese yuri. Omegaverse is very rare, to the point of none. However, 愿者上钩完整 is a great Chinese yuri to read. I don’t want to explain it too much because I have this habit of summarizing stories. But I considered it very funny and adorable. There’s consent, there’s character growth, first time intercourses, and acceptance. Give it shot

Ubik likes this.
  6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok. Will try it. But it's not fluffy, i will punish you by grinding my foot on your crotch, i don't care if you will dislike it or enjoy it.

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  7. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: Don’t scare me like that. I’m not a masochist. Just in case, I’ll recommend another Chinese novel I consider fluffy in hopes that you will forgive me if you don’t find my other recommendation fluffy. :blobReach:
    Here: 穿越的任务不科学 :blobphone:

8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't seem to find a way to translate the first recomm, even used google translate add-on but still didn't work.

Is the 2nd one this one ?
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=https://www.downbook.net/TXT/down_87126.html
    Edit: geeh! now clicking on the button read online the text is not showing up in new page. Need to find new website.
    Edit: Geeeeeh ! A bunch of error google 400 !

9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Need new recommendation but this time it would be nice if you checked if google translate works XD.

10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    How they came to be that way is explained decently and the relationship between Yuu and Misha was done very well as well.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanted to just read the chapters focusing on that little arc, it starts at chapter 78 and concludes with chapter 85. I'll make it a little easier by linking straight to 78~! The next button at the bottom of each chapter works, so you don't need to refer back to the NU page. https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/i-favor-the-villainess-78/

There's also a little bit about them in the epilogue: https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/i-favor-the-villainess-epilogue/

I feel like that part could have used a little more foreshadowing, but it didn't feel forced, so it's quite good nonetheless.

AliceShiki, Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look through my posts, I’ve requested translators to pick up both of them.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/willing-to-hook-gl.87873/
    (First recommendation)
    And
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/gl-the-task-of-crossing-is-not-scientific-fast-wear.86797/
    (Second recommendation)

Melina Red and Ubik like this.
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  14. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the mtl quality isn’t as bad as some other Chinese yuri novels I’ve read. I consider the mtl here to be a class higher.
    So for the first recommendation.
    The main characters are Zuo Huanhuan and Qin Bangshu.
    Qin Bangshu is the most beloved daughter of a high class family and was married to a rich businessman, ‘Golden Lord’. Zuo Huanhuan is the mistress of golden lord who’s likes him for money. Zuo Huanhuan was curious about her sugardaddy’s wife so she secretly try to get close to her while the Golden lord was oversea for a business trip. The two became friends and occasionally went out together. This was before Qin Bangshu found out that Zuo Huanhuan was her husband’s mistress. She wasn’t particularly angry, for she never truly felt anything for her husband but she questioned why Zuo Huanhuan wanted to befriend her. Zuo Huanhuan told her truth. They continue being friends. The golden lord come home to find out his wife is more distant than before and his mistress doesn’t obediently obey him anymore. He never thought that his wife and mistress is getting it on behind his back. He eventually finds out like 50 chapters later when Qin Bangshu wanted to divorce him for Zuo Huanhuan. Obviously the golden lord didn’t want to but reluctantly did on the condition that Qin Bangshu is not allow to marry again in her life. At that time, women couldn’t get married anyways so whatever. When he left, Zuo Huanhuan sneaked into the room happily, they started have sex. Golden lord came back because he forgot someone only to see his mistress’s head in between his ex-wife’s legs. He demands an explanation, blah blah blah. He hits Zuo Huanhuan with a car out of rage, she gets seriously injured. The family found out about them, weren’t too happy. When Zuo Huanhuan woke up, she soon officially met the family. They didn’t like her due to low status. Grandpa Qin gave her a chance to go to Japan to raise her status to the point the he can accept in 3 years. Zuo Huanhuan was determined but Qin Bangshu wasn’t too happy. She left in the middle of the night while Qin Bangshu slept. 3 years later, Zuo Huanhuan did it. But Qin Bangshu was still angry. One thing led to another and they finally had a discussion. And live happily ever after. A lot of dog food from beginning to end since Zuo Huanhuan is naturally never flirty.
    The side character cp is honestly more dramatic than the main couple. If you want to know more about them, just let me know.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Melina Red and Ubik like this.
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you were quite active here and that is good :blob_coffee:
    It will be pretty shitty one universe you know. :blobdead:
    Mmmmmmm then I think we are not on same wave with that. Shinobu is not pure she is hunter when situation calls to that. It was very shocking for her senpai.
    Congratulations! :blobparty: I wish happiness and love for long time for them! And strength to maintain their feelings for loooooong time.
    You are kidding me, it was from the start one of most discussed novel. Even how author personal history was implemented to that....
    And recent extras are so cute..... :aww:

16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick Transmigration – Villain Walkthrough has one of worlds in omegaverse. Even if there are not in second ark FMC and FL had a child through science.

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, that one is loooooovely, the author really did a great job! And she even commented in a few of the translated chapters! \(^^)/

I'll definitely buy it if becomes licensed to English, I'm finally starting to have some spare money to spend on hobbies after years of being too tight... T.T

Which means I need to buy a bunch of stuff from Yen Press that I already read online some ages back... >.>

Sabruness, Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As if they will take something like that in first pick. They even pick up Tag-team .... I have only explanation that had already LN implementation. When they pick up IFV :hmm: I don't know. I more waiting for translation of Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat the Demon King? but it is wishful thinking. Even if there are two LN of it.

19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Yen Press licensed a ton of novels already, and J-novel club also licenses and... Uhn, well I don't trust most of the other companies that license Japanese novels tbh, so if someone licenses, I hope it's one of those 2.

Still, they worked with various titles, so while I don't think I Favor The Villainess is at the top of their list, you never know~

Ubik likes this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Her being comically brave doesn't affect her "purity". Shinobu's a pretty good character, too, so her type of innocence isn't one dimensional or done badly.

The sort of "purity" I'm thinking of is the sort that creepy otaku with a virginity fetish love. It's about women not being "tainted" by sexual desires, experience, or even the slightest inclination towards it. A highly and unnaturally sanitised character that ends up being childlike because of it.

This sort of character isn't necessarily bad - I really like both "Creo" and "Marching Puppy". They can also be made without intending to appeal to that sort of person; I hope most are. But I don't find it compelling if they're not paired with someone with a different nature to their own, personally.
    And some authors get so invested in making their characters little virginity fetish models that they fail to produce anything of worth whatsoever.

Thank you~!

I was keeping up with the releases when it first appeared, but I had to stop reading all my novels during my fourth year of university. Now several of my favourites are completed, but it's been hard finding the motivation to binge read them. It's only because I had six hours in the car to kill yesterday that I was able to plough through this one at last~!

The personal history bits were a bit harrowing. I usually avoid realistic depictions of LGBT+ life because I don't gain anything but despair from them. I like that she insisted on writing a happy and hope-filled end for everyone, though, and used their inclusion to try and educate her readers. It kept it closer to what I enjoy in a novel.

Ubik and AliceShiki like this.