Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even know this kind of stocking existed tbh! XD

I prefer the super plain ones though... >.>

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be able to find a lot of them, like Madoka Magica print ones, but they've disappeared from the places where I shop.

... I'm a big fan of cutesy, printed everything, to be honest. :blobmelt:

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you must've had a great shop nearby. Even I, this closet otaku, would dare to indulge some of my cosplay desires if I had a cosplay shop nearby. I would dare, for like a day and never try again though:blob_grin:

4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    They're online shops. Fortunately, I've just found out that you can still get a lot on Alexipress (including these ones).

Maybe when this all blows over I'll stock up on stockings~!

5. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's alot of personal socks companies cause they make huge margins.

I use Etsy for that usually or shoplify

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    AsianessPride and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Normie Extermination Committee

Normie Extermination Committee [Toilet Sniffer] [ Grand Master of Underlings]

Reading List:
    Link
    This quote is to make you Yuri lovers understand the greatness of masochism -

“I like big men,” she said.
    Her voice was raspy, like she had a cold. She came up to me and grabbed my arm. Her fingers hurt the muscles. I could smell her perfume. She came close to me. I thought I knew what she wanted. I tried to kiss her. She jerked away.
    “No.”
    “I’m sorry.”
    She slapped me. She was strong, my cheek stung. She moved in, swinging both arms. Now she had her fists closed. She hit my arms and my chest. I tried to hold her.
    “Hit me!” she said.
    It was goddam queer. I held her arms, but she got loose.
    She struck my chest.
    She said: “Hit me.”
    I hit her easy on the ribs.
    “That’s right! That’s right!” She hit me a couple of hard blows. Her eyes were wild. She hit me a hard punch on the neck. I hit her in the belly. I heard the breath go out: ouf! It didn’t stop her. She kept coming in, punching hard.
    I gave her one over the kidneys. She grunted and clinched with me. She bit my arm until the blood came. I slapped her. She put her knee in my groin. It hurt. I lost my balance, grabbed for her, and we both went down. We rolled around on the dirty floor of the shack, both panting. She was hard to hold, and every time she got loose she’d hit or kick or bite me. I got over her, holding her down on the floor. She looked beautiful and wild. She bit my arm again and I slugged her in the ribs. She moaned, and then struggled free. My hand caught in the scarlet shirt. The silk tore to her navel.
    “Yes,” she said.
    I got the idea. I ripped the shirt off her, she fighting all the time and liking it. I ripped at her clothes, not caring how much I hurt her. She squirmed on the dirty floor, panting. There was blood on her mouth. I don’t know if it was mine or hers. It tasted sweet. Suddenly she stopped moving.
    “Now,” she said. “Now, goddam you. Now!”
    Later we lay on the floor.
    “I don’t understand you,” I said.
    “It’s fun, isn’t it?”
    “Yes.”
    “Then what do you care?”

8. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually a "no hijacking" thread, so please refrain from posting things like this, or I'll have to report you~!

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I love cute things too! *glomps*
    *shakes pompoms*

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, intense. Not that type of bdsm that I would look for but each to their own. Reminds me of hate séx

11. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s called 请君入瓮

I remember giving a brief summary already
    Summary update: Things really got bad. When Mc went to visit FL’s kingdom as a diplomat, things were still okay. There were a lot of fights between Mc and her love rival over FL, FL’s father promise FL’s hand to whoever wins in a fight. Mc got stabbed in the shoulder, wins, but FL’s father who hated Mc wasn’t planning to give FL’s hand in the first place. But Mc and FL didn’t know that. Story progressed, Mc’s father and older brother was killed, but she was kept in the dark until her love rival reveal to her their decapitated heads and humiliated her. FL chose family over Mc, betrayed Mc and disabled Mc lower body, making her unable to walk. Mc managed to escape with her servants and was in coma for years. Shocked and betrayed by the one she loved, her hair turned white overnight. When she woke up, she was crowned king, destroyed FL’s kingdom, and is about to destroy the love rival’s kingdom. Mc has changed so much in a bad way, she’s more cruel, maniacal, and loses her temper quickly. Mc basically holds FL hostage, Mc hates FL even though she still have affection for FL, gets her revenge by doing some cruel acts. Things started to get better when FL started taking care of Mc’s 3rd brother baby (the king takes the heirs) Mc warms up to FL and the baby slightly. Their relationship gets SLIGHTLY better and Mc crowns FL her queen.

There’s more but I’m too scared to continue reading because so much angst :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

12. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like sm plays but this is a bit...

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    (This one is a long post, but please do read it.)

Okay~! I'll now talk about the thing I wanted to discuss with everyone, since it followed on from the survey report.

Some people may remember that I also promised a "fun time" question in last year's report, but nothing really materialised.
    My intention was to use all the responses to the question "What is your ideal yuri scenario?" to write an anthology for everyone, with one story for each answer... But, despite having them all planned out and researched, it's obviously already been a year without anything being published.

Since people are asking for extra writing competitions (not possible, unfortunately), I thought I would offer an alternative instead: a collaborative anthology, rather like the yuri video studios do things.

Basically, I would make an account on Scribble Hub for the Yuri Garden (which I've thought about doing for other reasons as well anyway), and the anthology would be published there.
    There were 9 responses, so I'll write the scenarios/prompts out fresh to remove any of the participants' writing styles, for extra privacy.
    People who want to write for it could then reserve 1 (and only 1, until they finish and submit their piece) prompt that they'd like to write for, and that prompt would be reserved for them for 1 month. If they submit their story within that time, the prompt gets crossed out; if not, the reservation gets removed and it's open for anyone else to reserve.
    Stories would get sent to me in a Personal Message and, once I confirm that it meets all the requirements, I'll add it to the anthology with the author's details and any author notes that they'd like to be included.

The upside of this, compared to the competition, is that I won't be enforcing any word limits - so long as you write a short story that can be published as a single chapter.
    However, there will still be rules about what can and can't be written, especially as we'd have to abide by Scribble Hub's rules. That means no underage smut.
    I'll also try and keep everyone to non-genderbender and non-futanari works, unless the prompt specifies otherwise, because it would be a shame if the person who submitted the prompt received a story like that and hated reading genderbender/futa.

In addition, we can either keep it within the Garden, or I can advertise for writers in other places too and see if anyone wants to give it a go.

What are everyone's thoughts?

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like a fun concept~

15. Normie Extermination Committee

Normie Extermination Committee [Toilet Sniffer] [ Grand Master of Underlings]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not gonna lie but kudos to @Moonpearl for trying to keep this forum alive and fun all the time, must be a pain in the ass sometimes to do when you are sick, but you still kept at it, shows how much you like yuri and want other people to feel about it.......besides the fact that you are a MEGA pervert..ahem, you deserve a yuri medal!

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what'd make this easier for writers is if we have a bit of a vote on the shipping style of the story, like posting a voting poll saying:
    What story would you like to read/write:
    PrincessxCommoner
    Ice QueenxWhiteLotus
    etc

It's surprisingly hard to come up with ideas when you have complete freedom, weirdly enough.

Just a bit of an afterthought, really. Regardless, I'd love to work on an anthology with several other writers.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! :blobcatblush::blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

Hm... I'm not really sure what you mean? Writers would already be picking what they want to write - it's just that it won't be theirs for eternity, in case they decide to give up without telling us or go MIA.

Most of the prompts created from the 2019 survey already provide couples types; in fact, many provide quite a nice bit of starting detail.

18. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah okay I didn't take that into account. It's a great idea, and I'd be down to participate.

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems fun to see what will come of it

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!