Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG DEM

AsianessPride likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

I didn't check any mangas in the past few days because of April Fools and stuff, so when I saw this update and then this I was like... :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

3. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed for the author of Who Moved My Ashes, she made a different novel that uses the same timeline and world but tells a different story with different MC/FL LOL
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3984992
    It is also a joy
    This series is still ongoing. I only noticed because I'm going back and adding author's notes for DBJ. I went ahead and just bought the raws on JJWXC.
    @Aisha Ann

If you want to read more about it, just look at that title.
    Also added authors notes for all of Who Moved My Ashes. Ch16/17 gives a little spoiler of other story thats in the same world.

Here's a summary I did:
    Young artist Zheng Huanhuan is gentle on the surface but is actually a bad woman. A nurse saw her in a hospital gown and forced Dr. Liang in a corner to kiss her. I don't think the universe can take it anymore, so I'm going to snatch her. Lying on the cold operating bed, Zheng Huanhuan reflected on her life and finally found conscience.
    "I don't like you anymore, Liang."
    Liang was expressionless and looked at her quietly.
    Zheng Huanhuan sighed in her heart, she broke off their ten year relationship, and still didn't bend in the end. I hope that in the next life, we don't meet again so that she will let her free and won't tie her down.
    The next day, the artist Zheng Huanhuan's death was listed on the hot search.

On the third day, Zheng Huanhuan opened her eyes and found herself back to her 18th birthday which was the night after Liang, her stepsister confessed to her.

Zheng Huanhuan: "..."

I said in the next life, I won't see you!

Change of heart sickly western artist x deep emotional love

Intelligence isn't high and surgeon attacks

-------

Also to add:
    @Ubik since you asked last time in december when I quickly finished Next Door There's Memeda, I added the author's notes on the last chapter.
    https://www.novicetranslations.com/next-door-theres-memeda-chapter-10/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Ubik, Tanyia, Aisha Ann and 2 others like this.
  4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden Anthology Event is now open~!!!!

My work is recalling me this Tuesday, for some reason, so I'm going to steam ahead with getting this anthology event started for everyone.

I created the Yuri Garden's Scribble Hub account last night. It's under the username "TheYuriGardenAllotment" - it's here if you want to follow it there: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/25779/theyurigardenallotment/

The rules and information for the event can be found here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/the-yuri-garden-anthology-event.3439/

(Going to tag people who said they were interested / people who took part in the writing competition, in case they want to take part in this one)
    @Titan0fPower @Lemonfairy @Wandering Cultivator @AliceShiki @binarysoap @crimson_carnation @GDLiZy @AsianessPride @Suou @Ninetailed_Furball

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I found this manga some ages back, and it was dropped by the translator, so I never really bothered to talk about it... But it seems like it was picked up recently: https://mangadex.org/title/20347/ore-ga-fujoshi-de-aitsu-ga-yuriota-de

The story is basically about a fujoshi and a man that loves yuri that ended up exchanging bodies for some reason that I don't remember because it's been 2 years and I didn't re-read the earlier chapters.

And uhn... I think it is interesting. Since the new translator only got 2 chapters done so far, and I basically forgot everything of the earlier chapters, I can't say much about the story itself, but it seems like it is tackling some usual prejudices both groups have against the other and stuff... Figured it was worth a read~

Though well, it's basically a comedy manga and it seems to have a bit of ecchi too, so don't expect that much...

Moonpearl and Tanyia like this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting and it’s a chinese yuri novel too.

Reminds me of a chinese yuri novel that I’m mtl right now that also centers about food since the Mc is a home chef that does live recordings of her cooking and the FL is a top-celebrity that fell in love with Mc’s cooking and soon in love with Mc herself

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  8. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Has much angst? If not, can you give its name pls?
    From the description, it looks like a harem novel. Surprisingly, those tend to focus little on romance.

10. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, not a lot at all. Mc is a popular cooking live channel where she makes food. She’s encountered FL on a movie set or something. Mc has this ability/trait to ‘taste’ a person’s personality, which is why she hate crowds since all the flavor are mixed together. Obviously, when you’re a set, it’s very crowded and made Mc want to vomit. She goes to bathroom to calm and accidentally met FL there. FL wasn’t looking to well either so Mc gave a jar of her special candy that relieves stress. FL likes it, have Mc her phone number, and they slowly get along. One thing led to another, they started living together. It was supposed to temporary but then FL confessed and things happened. Very nice, I love the scenes where Mc cooks.

Bonus fact: FL tastes like “refreshing water”
    Bonus fact 2: FL’s celebrity persona is a cold expressionless goddess but in front Mc, she’s like a cat: lazy and possessive
    Bonus fact 3: FL picked up a stray kitten on the street and Mc and FL are raising it together.
    Bonus fact 4: FL tends to eat the cat’s vinegar

11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool. What's the name of this series?

12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s called 影后专属小厨娘 完结 (After the movie, the exclusive little chef)
    Link: http://m.365mww.com/book/31473.html
    Summary:
    Yun Yun is a food blogger with synesthesia.
    Her vision and taste are connected, and everyone has a unique taste in her eyes.
    Later, she saw Qi Ziling on the screen, and at a glance, she understood the taste of love.
    On this day, Qi Ziling, the youngest international grand slam in history, reposted a Weibo.
    It is Yunyun's homemade pickle draw microblog, with the text "mine".  
    Whole network sensation:
    "How can Qi Daying post this 18-line celebrity Weibo? My God, I still pay attention to each other!"
    "Goddess is actually a foodie, and also pays attention to my favorite food blogger? This is unscientific, the dimension wall is broken!"
    That night, Qi Ziling came home and Yun Yun was making dinner.
    She moved closer and her voice was deep and mellow:
    "We will not allow you to post on Weibo in the future."
    "Ok?"
    "You, and your food, are mine."

Syndrome food blogger X indifferent Yujie
    Daily food for making good food and falling in love

————
    Well, the summary isn’t exactly accurate to the novel. Although it says that Mc and FL relationship was revealed via FL commenting on Mc’s post on Weibo. In fact, in the novel, the audience heard FL’s voice during Mc’s usual live performance. Which troubled Mc and make her not broadcasting her cooking show because when FL’s rude fans swarmed the live performance looking for FL and ignoring Mc cooking. This is while FL was living with Mc and FL already confessed. Anyways, they didn’t confirm it because all they heard was FL’s voice anyways, Mc waited until everything died down. When it did, Mc began broadcasting again; then FL appeared out of nowhere behind Mc with a guitar in hand, singing a serenade to Mc and said that Mc and her were close “friends”.

13. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I'd love to read that story.

14. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice

15. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Non Yuri related.
    Just curious about you active people in thread.
    Are any of you guys working from home? Or still going into work with the pandemic?

-----
    Also, I changed my projects priorities and my main waifu is Don't Be Jealous. *Hoping* to do daily releases of 1x a day so I can finish the series around June/July.
    I am also going to pick up Smoggy's project - Female Lead, Let Go of the White Moonlight (on NU she has it named Ivory Moonlight)
    Still debating what will be my next main GL project after DBJ that I want to really work (aka frequent releases) on for the rest of the year...got like 3 options on my site that I did pick up :blobdizzy:
    • Never Dare to Abuse the Female Lead
    • Willingly Baited (Pick-up thread has it Willing to Hook)
    • Ivory Moonlight
    -----
    Would appreciate you guy's feedback on which one I should work on completing next. I'm actually really iffy on that Never Dare to Abuse one, the plot derailed so fast and became a fantasy novel...not too sure what happened. Only keeping it for the possessive/yandere FL LOL :blobjoy: Also, for that novel, the author made an extra "fanwai" but it's not even listed under that novel, but in a separate page under "short stories" about Mu Suo's point of view of why she's so crazy over MC.

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ivory moonlight!

17. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Never dare to abuse is pretty wack, I agree. I was expecting a typical highschool scenario . Out of nowhere, the FL gains these dangerous ability that even the Mc who the author doesn’t know about. Ivory Moonlight is pretty much non-con in very arc, or at least dub-con. I read like 4 worlds but they get worse everytime. I personally don’t recommend but go ahead if you do. I think Willing Baited is your best bet, a very good one. Very realistic and the storyline is interesting.

18. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm ignorant, what is non-con and dub-con?

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really loved Ivory Moonlight. So far it's been such a great story.

20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Non-con means that there's no consent - it's rape.

Dub-con is "dubious consent". They're situations that would be rape in real life but, purely for fiction purposes, they're different from "non-con" in that there's some shell of consent. Like, people being blackmailed into cooperation, or fed an aphrodisiac that makes them want it, or if it would be rape but the victim ends up liking it.

AliceShiki and AsianessPride like this.